Start by marking “Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7)” as Want to Read:
Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7)

Full Throttle

(Fast Track #7)

Easing into the turns…

As one of only two girls on the tween racing circuit, Shawn Hamby has always run with a fast crowd. But now at thirty-two, she doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. And she definitely doesn’t need a man bossing her around off of the track…

Putting the pedal to the metal…

But after a silly girls’ night at a fetish club, Shawn can’t get Rhett Ford out
Published December 3rd 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Full Throttle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Throttle

Auntee
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
I was prepared to not like this one, but kinda enjoyed it. Yeah, I did.:) Now I sound like the heroine, Shawn, who irked me at times with her indecisiveness about her feelings. I totally adored Rhett, though. Most of the time I thought he was mature beyond his years (25), or at least more mature than Shawn (32).

Sometimes I think this series is running out of steam, but after meeting Shawn's friend Harley, and reading about her feelings for her bad boy boss, I think I want it to continue for at l
Saly
I think I am done with this series and even this author's book for a while because for a long time they haven't been working for me. I found not much of a plot in this book and it was sexed up for no good reason, with the 8 years younger hero liking control in the bedroom and it wasn't explained why the heroine would like that. And oh there is of course a stupid will and marriage of convenience plot that turns into love. Not my cup of tea.
caren
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was really into one of Erin's previous works, so I decided to give another of her series a try because, well, I love cars. Especially when you put hot boys and cars together.

Sadly, I was a tad disappointed once I'd ventured beyond the cover only to realize that this was another failed attempt at the new mainstream BDSM trend that's so popular right now. Don't get me wrong, I like a good dom/sub as much as the next smut reader, but when it doesn't feel genuine it seriously just kills the whole
Anna's Herding Cats
4.5 stars!!

Book love, people, book effing love. Full Throttle totally had all my engines revving from the very start. A curious book club, a fetish club, accidentally getting felt up by your best friends baby brother-in-law at said fetish club (oops!). Add in a marriage of convenience and awesome characters that literally had me gigglesnorting and choking back laughs one minute and the next had me squirming because omg these two are HOT! and I was just in reader girl heaven.

So, basically, in a s
Susan
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite of the series, but still good. Shawn meets Rhett during a night out with her friends, not knowing he's her best friend's brother-in-law. There is an instant attraction, but he's seven years younger than she is and that bothers her a little at first. But when she needs a husband fast, Rhett is the one she goes to. He agrees to marry her, but refuses the idea of a marriage of convenience. He wants Shawn and this is the perfect chance to have her.

Shawn is a business woman and indepe
Christa
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
I am a fan of McCarthy's Fast Track Series, and I thoroughly enjoyed this latest installment. Shawn Hamby and Rhett Ford were great, likeable characters. I enjoyed seeing other characters from the series as well. In this book, Shawn Hamby, whose life revolves around racing, will lose the dirt track she inherited due to stipulations in her grandfather's will unless she quickly marries. As she tries to puzzle out what to do, she meets sexy younger man Rhett Ford when her book club group visits a f ...more
Dana
Feb 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Awful. So awful.

First off, I found the main characters, Shawn & Rhett, to be mostly uninteresting. I didn’t hate them, but I didn’t like them much either. I just really couldn’t connect with them in any way.

Second, the dominant/submissively sex scenes are not my thing personally. I’d say it was 50 Shades lite, except I never read that because that doesn’t appeal to me in any way. Honestly I think it’s not fair to introduce that kind of dynamic in an established series that isn't erotica.

Thi
Paige
May 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own, 2013-books
***Slight Details***

FULL THROTTLE was certainly my least favorite book of this series.

I thought both characters were very flat. The story set up wasn’t one to really grab my attention.

I wonder if the author did any research on bedroom doms because Rhett was not a realistic one. He claimed not to be a ‘true’ dom, but it made matters even worse with him being a fake. His tactics in the bedroom with Shawn just didn’t roll with me and she didn’t help matters.

Shawn was exhausting too. When her gra
Verena
Jan 06, 2014 rated it did not like it

What a disappointment. This book was obviously McCarthy's attempt at jumping on the BDSM waggon and let me tell you, she didn't make it there. I loved the first novels in the Fast Track series, especially Flat-Out Sexy, as the main characters were believable and the setting of motor racing was something new for me. But this - both heroine and hero are extremely boring and I couldn't have cared less what was happening to them. The BDSM part was neither here nor there, the characters from the prev

Melissa
Sometimes I think this author has given up on this series and that really saddens me. Full Throttle could have been great, but sadly for me it did not turn out that great.

For years the Fast Track series has been on my auto buy shelf. I love the fast past, somewhat funny romances this author produces and hope her spark will pick back up in the next one. I am not done with this series!

I loved Rhett! I didn't car for Shawn too much. The ending was abrupt, I felt she just quit in the middle of the
Maria Franco
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I would try to put into my own words what I felt towards this book but instead decided to let Ja'mie do the talking for me:http://media.giphy.com/media/CXpmrLsz...

This book was just not good enough, it just wasn't believable AT ALL.
TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠
2.5 stars.

Not impressed with this one.

Though I'm looking forward to Harley's story.

Hope that ones up next.

Hint, hint, Ms. McCarthy.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 Stars

I’ve always been a big fan of the series and one of the reasons is the feeling of “family” that this group of characters has. And usually, I also enjoy the little bit of sports that actually goes into the stories. They are sweet and just enough sexy and all around feel-good reads.

FULL THROTTLE was different then what we’ve seen in this series before, while still being everything I expected. A little bit less sports and lot spicier. Rhett, our hero named after Rhett Butler, is young, in
Marta Cox
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full Throttle is the latest offering from Erin McCarthy in her Fast Track series. This series features strong women, determined men and is set within the racing world. This her seventh novel in the series takes the reader on a ride behind the scenes of this male dominated world.
Shawn Hamby has recently lost her grandfather who raised her when her parents broke up. He taught her all he knew about running his racing circuit and at thirty two all she dreams about is keeping it afloat. She's always
Kerste
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: racing romance fans
I'm really torn between 4 and 5 stars for this one. Usually if it's a book that I'll definitely read again, I'd give it 5 stars and I know I'll read this one again...but when I think of the other 5 star reads on my shelves...this would not be in the cream of the crop. So I think I'm going to give it 4 stars, but only because it pales against all the walking wounded hero stories that I crave. But for an almost pool-side beachy quick and satisfying read, it's a 5 all the way. And also while I love ...more
Darcy
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, romance, e-book
I loved the opening, how the girls took their book club to a whole new level. I liked how Shawn and Rhett met, loved that Shawn was being so flip with Rhett, thinking he was feeding her lines. Better was when Eve realized just who Rhett was, giving her a whole knew perspective on her brother-in-law.

I felt for Shawn when her Grandfather's will was laid out for her. I hated that she had so many constrictions in the way of her dream. I knew right away that Shawn's answer was Rhett and couldn't wait
Cindy ~
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full Throttle describes this book. Right from the very humorous start in a fetish club this book goes full speed. Rhett Ford who is Nolan’s (from previous book) little brother is an intense guy who likes to be in charge in the bedroom. He’s 25 but knows what he wants out of life and in the bedroom but hasn’t had much luck finding that with women is own age. When he sees Shawn Hamby for the first time he knows she is what he has been looking for.

Shawn runs race track that has been in her family
Kim Turner
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I became a huge fan of Erin's when she came out with her Fast Track Series and maybe it's because I'm a huge Nascar fan and love racing in general.

Shawn thought that after her grandfather had passed away that he would leave his dirt track to her. He did of course but there is one stipulation. She has to be married in order to get it.

Rhett.. Yes that's his real name. The baby brother to Nolan and brother in law to Eve. Rhett works on Eve's pit crew but his true love is dirt track racing with a
Jessica Alcazar
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mccarthy-erin
All I can say is FUN FUN FUN from the start! No, SERIOUSLY, fun lol
Everyone one of the Fast Track books have been enjoyably. And they have all been full of witty characters that had fun with each other and drew us into their world easily. Altho, Rhett could have had a tiny bit more patience when it came to 'love', he didnt come across as obnoxious or demanding, just a little overbearing LOL ... let a girl catch up will ya LOL
From meeting at a BDSM club to getting married to satisfy a will to wat
Jenny
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Much like its title suggests, Full Throttle is a fast and romantically explosive read, giving us a leading pair who make us wonder if we’re in danger of singed fingertips should we hold the pages for longer than a second or two before flipping. While the intimate scenes are undeniably scorching, Ms. McCarthy deftly ensures that the emotional component of Shawn and Rhett’s relationship is given equal weight to their bedroom forays, providing a beautiful balance that ultimately more than satisfies ...more
20012206
I am not a fan of BDSM reading and i think is worse when people write about it because is fashion, is what happened with this book, it doesn't feel right, like she have to put some BDSM because is what is selling.

For me is the worst book of the series, i think she wasted great characters behind a story that she even know how to develop
Nickole
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
holy hawt damn.....um...ya...it was hawt and boom right outta the gate!! such sexual tension right off the get go. who knew that rhett and shawn would have a whirlwind romance at full speed. :)
Sophia
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shawn's life is about to be upended and not in a good way. She thought she would inherit the dirt auto-racing track that has been in her family and she helped her grandfather run since she was little, but her grandfather's will has crazy stipulations in it for that to take place. Between the vying emotions of shock that he expected her to marry in two months time or forfeit the track and the hurt that he didn't trust her to run it on her own, she is reeling. She rejects, accepts, rejects and the ...more
Kelsey
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Feel like the author was mixing too many tropes together, so they all left me vaguely unsatisfied. The plot is a fairly predictable, and in her attempt to make it interesting and new, I think she threw too many ideas into the mix instead of choosing a few and making them truly developed and engrossing.

That said, the writing is sufficiently good to still make an enjoyable, steamy read - but feels formulaic as opposed to many of her earlier books
Helyce
Previously reviewed here: http://smexybooks.com/2013/12/review-...

Shawn Hamby grew up around racing having been raised by her grandparents who owned a dirt track. She’d even tried her hand at racing when she was younger, but gave it up to handle the business side of the track, working side by side with her beloved grandfather. When he dies, he leaves her the track with some rather odd restrictions.

Rhett Ford is a young up and coming driver who works in a pit crew to make ends meet and support hi
Anne Rose
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing I couldnt put it down. The feelings she put into Shawn, made me feel like I was feeling it too. I felt everything and I just enjoyed reading this one. Its definitely my favorite out of the series.
Melanie Helms
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've always enjoyed this series when I started it way back when Flat out sexy came out. This was such a good book. I cant wait to grab the last one.
Chris
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really fun and lively series. I’m sad this is the last one.
Dark Faerie Tales
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Marriage of convenience with an Alpha male.

Opening Sentence: “I double dog dare you.”

The Review:

There are moments as I read and review books when I have to stop and remind myself that this is what I truly longed to be doing full-time when I was a high school nerd with very few friends. I would love to tell the 15 year old me to hang in there because one of my dreams will come true before I reach forty.

But back to our regularly scheduled revi
Debbie Lester
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full Throttle is the seventh book in Erin McCarthy's Fast Track series featuring the racing world. Fast paced and humor laden, this novel packs a real punch. Readers who love steamy love scenes and an arranged marriage plot worthy of historical romance, will love this contemporary spin on a great theme. McCarthy knows how to write strong female characters and she gives readers just what they are looking for in Full Throttle. A great addition to the series!

What I liked:

This was my first read from
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A Sexy New Release In Erin McCarthy's Popular Fast Track Series 1 15 Dec 03, 2013 04:06AM

• The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6)
  • Risky (Torn Between Two Lovers #2)
  • Half Moon Hill (Destiny, #6)
  • Unforgettable (The Dalton Gang, #3)
  • Bases Loaded (Mustangs Baseball #3)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Some Kind of Wonderful (Cupcake Lovers #3.5)
  • Bigger Than Beckham (Philadelphia Patriots, #3)
  • Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys, #5)
  • Strike Zone (Richmond Rogues, #3)
  • Stealing Home (Diamonds and Dugouts, #1)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • To The Limit (NASCAR, #4)
  • Slap Shot (Hot Ice, #3)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written over seventy novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.

Fast Track (8 books)
  • Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1)
  • Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2)
  • Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)
  • The Chase (Fast Track, #4)
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
  • Jacked Up (Fast Track, #6)
  • Final Lap (Fast Track, #8)
“If this were a musical, this would signal the start of a dance number. Angry girls sexy danse in unison around the bull pen. Men stride up and grab a partner to a choreographed tango."
Nolan held his hand out.
"Give me your man card. You have never sounded more like a girl than right now.”
5 likes