Start by marking “Cheeky Angel, Volume 1 (Cheeky Angel Series)” as Want to Read:
Cheeky Angel, Volume 1 (Cheeky Angel Series)

Cheeky Angel, Volume 1

(Cheeky Angel #1)

Megumi, a nine-year-old martial arts enthusiast and all around rapscallion always wanted to be, "the manliest man on earth." After saving a sorcerer from a group of local toughs, Megumi is presented with a magic genie which can grant any wish. Unfortunately, this genie is slightly hard of hearing, and misconstrues Megumi's original desire as wanting to become the, "womanli ...more
Published July 7th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cheeky Angel, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cheeky Angel, Volume 1

Start your review of Cheeky Angel, Volume 1 (Cheeky Angel Series)
Beth
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A magical spell has transformed Megumi Amakusa from a boy into a girl. And not just any girl, but the womanliest of women. Whatever that might mean. The end result, now that high school has begun, is that Megumi is a reluctant school idol whose gruff, boylike personality doesn't deter male attention at all.

Thematically the story seems to be looking at how society, as a whole down to our closest friends, shape us, or attempt to shape us, depending on our external appearance as "male" or "female."
Abi
Decent. Funny, but don't like how pushy Genzo is. Meg is entertaining. The tone of the book came across as creepy more than funny to me. 3.5 stars. ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
This review is for the series as a whole:

Hijinks! So many hijinks. I love gender benders. They're so humorous, because the characters do such absurd things. They also tend to be more friendly to all kinds of sexuality.

At the beginning, I really liked this. Meg so desperately wants to be a boy again, but she's a gorgeous girl, and ends up getting this group of guys that follow her around and want to date her. Her friend, Miki, tries to talk her into accepting one of the boys and life as a girl.
TT
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-shojo
Read the first volume, didn't care for it, but collected the rest of the series in swaps so I could sell. ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story opens with a guy giving a girl a hard time. Another girl appears and knees the guy in the groin and tells him off.

Miki talks to Megumi, the girl who took care of the guy, and it's obvious that there is something unusual about Megumi. The story then goes into flashback mode, six years previously, when Megumi was a boy. He and Meg were out by a creek when some other young boys wanted to cause trouble. The boy with Miki beat them up but was slightly injured in the process.

They had met a g
Kirstie
The concept for 'Cheeky Angel' is the sort of hilarious, crazy idea you expect from manga and anime. Megumi Amatsuka the most beautiful girl in school - an angel descended from heaven - but the truth is: she's a boy! Megumi came into posession of a magic book and a creature within offered her a wish and she wish to be a 'man among men'. The naughty spirit chose to hear that as 'a woman among women' and turned Megumi into the angel she is today.

Megumi enchants at a glance, but she still a rough a
Tracy Cobb
Jun 14, 2010 rated it liked it
This was a fun concept--a boy that gets turned into a hot girl but still retains his boy demeanor (ie kicking everyone's butt). The art was so-so and it got a little repetitive, but it was still fun to read. ...more
Snow
Jan 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-comics
clearing off the manga-to-be-read shelf; very cute start to the series!
Yue
My first gender-bender. And I liked it. I did not fall in love with the characters yet, but I have a thing for punks with big hearts.
Ysabet
rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2008
Aug 04, 2011
Jenny B
Jan 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, Volume 1 (Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, #1)
  • Black Cat, Volume 01
  • Stray Little Devil: Volume 2
  • Wrestling Against Myself
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 02 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #2)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 04 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #4)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 11 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #11)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 15 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #15)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 13 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #13)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 14 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #14)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 12 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #12)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 03 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #3)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 07 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #7)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #1)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 08 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #8)
  • ばらかもん 2
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 6 (Cat Street #6)

Cheeky Angel (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Cheeky Angel: Volume 2 (Cheeky Angel)
  • Cheeky Angel: Volume 3 (Cheeky Angel)
  • Cheeky Angel, Vol. 4
  • Cheeky Angel, Vol. 5
  • Cheeky Angel: Volume 6 (Cheeky Angel)
  • Cheeky Angel: Volume 7 (Cheeky Angel)
  • Cheeky Angel: Volume 8 (Cheeky Angel)
  • Cheeky Angel: Volume 9 (Cheeky Angel)
  • Cheeky Angel: Volume 10 (Cheeky Angel)
  • Cheeky Angel, Vol. 11