Start by marking “I Work Better With An Audience: Thoughts on Life, Love, Food and Jiggly Bits” as Want to Read:
I Work Better With An Audience: Thoughts on Life, Love, Food and Jiggly Bits

I Work Better With An Audience: Thoughts on Life, Love, Food and Jiggly Bits

In this hilarious collection of essays about one woman’s search to figure out what happens once you stop kidding yourself and plant both feet firmly into adulthood, Jennifer Inglis covers topics such as food obsessions, body image, family, relationships, religion, exercise, fears, shopping, aging, pop culture, and growing up as the kid who never quite fit in.

As unique as
Published February 20th 2013 by Jennifer Inglis

To ask other readers questions about I Work Better With An Audience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Work Better With An Audience

Merle Peavey
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an agreeable way to waste a long ride from one end of the state to the other. As the author says, “Come along for the ride. There will be snacks.” The book is best described as a snack. A light substance free treat with little nutritional value. It’s popcorn, junk food, fast food at the drive through. It’s amusing. It’s not heavy but light. It won’t give you night terrors and it won’t change your life. Sometimes that all I want from a book.
Rosemary Daly
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Feeling down? Feeling silly? Feeling great? Read this book!!! It is HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed out loud so much and so long my husband told me to "tone it down a bit." Jennifer Inglis' view of life as a woman is so down to earth, and so full of truth and hilarity - you will have a very hard time putting this book down. Hope she writes another one soon! I'm a fan!!!
Carrie Allen
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is funny! Parts of it made me laugh out loud, which is always a good sign. There were just a couple of places when it seemed like the author was trying a little too hard to be funny, but they were forgivable.
Ann Freele
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. This is ME! I was that "girl that looked like a boy", who for some unfathomable reason decided to get a really,really short, punk haircut for grade 9.
Jennnifer Inglis's book had me laughing, sometimes to the point of Pepsi Rocket fuel coming out my nose.
Would definitely read Volume 2...something tells me there are more stories to be told
Jen Borlick
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, funny, eclectic. Laughed all the way through it. Also a keen understanding of human nature. She lays herself out there for all to read in a funny way that lets you know that you are not alone.
Sheila
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, kindle, 2013
I would compare this book to those of Jen Lancaster (both from Chicago) and Laurie Notaries type books.

Very light and made me laugh out loud a lot that I thought I was going to wake my daughter in the next room!
Marina
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
After awhile, it started to feel like a woman just bitching about things in life - and I thought I was bitter! Since it lacked the sort of wittiness that would probably differentiate my 'bitching' from hers, I ended up speed reading the book just to see where it was going.
Christie Litchfield
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A quick summer read that is witty and light hearted.
Suzanne
May 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor, non-fiction
For whatever reason I didn't find this book all that funny.
Tawn Krakowski
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny, genuine, and simply awesome.
Jean G
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fun collection of insightful tales that are very witty. I laughed out loud more than once and identified with these musings from this new author. Great for a quick fun read.
Tomi
Sep 09, 2014
Lauri
Jul 25, 2014
A
rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2017
Giddy Girlie
Jun 26, 2013
Ask Jennifer Inglis: What's Your Question? 1 4 Feb 22, 2013 09:53PM
  • Please Tell Me I'm On Mute
  • Digging Deep: A Writer Uncovers His Marriages
  • Don't Wake Me at Doyles: The remarkable memoir of an ordinary Irish woman and her extraordinary life
  • Seven From Haven
  • Weird-o-pedia: The Ultimate Book of Surprising Strange and Incredibly Bizarre Facts About (Supposedly) Ordinary Things
  • Beset: The Pursuit of Happiness in Times of Crisis
  • A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes: My Story
  • I Am My Mother's Daughter: Making Peace with Mom---Before It's Too Late
  • One Good Deed: 365 Days of Trying to Be Just a Little Bit Better
  • I'm Trying Here: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Misadventure
  • Washing Cars & Wasting Time
  • Reader's Feast
  • I Know You're Out There: Private Longings, Public Humiliations, and Other Tales from the Personals
  • The Mother of All Meltdowns
  • Elon Musk: Biography of a Self-Made Visionary, Entrepreneur and Billionaire (Investing, Entrepreneurship, Success, Innovators, Great Men, Success Principles, Business Advice)
  • The Devil Wears Clogs
  • This Is Not the Life I Ordered: 50 Ways to Keep Your Head Above Water When Life Keeps Dragging You Down
  • How I Lost 170 Million Dollars: My Time as #30 at Facebook
Jennifer Inglis studies comedy writing at the Training Center of The Second City and is a member of the Chicago Writer’s Association. An alumna of Northern Illinois University, Jennifer earned a bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts and recently earned her master’s degree in Education. Most recently, she worked as a public school teacher, instructing her students in English Language Arts and Drama, an ...more