Jump to ratings and reviews
Just one tiny secret has the potential to ruin everything.

Being the daughter of the sheriff in a small town like Holden Ridge means that eighteen-year-old Danielle “Dani” Marks’ life is under constant surveillance. She’s made a habit of staying under the radar by being a floater among social circles at school, which has kept her out of trouble—until now.

After a missing persons case stirs up the entire town, Dani finds herself caught right in the middle of the scandal. When she’s labeled a possible suspect, things quickly go from bad to worse. The sudden return of her old flame, Parker Reed, manages to make her whole situation even more complicated.

When an elusive unknown person begins to blackmail Dani by threatening to reveal her deepest secrets, Dani refuses to play along. That is, until the person’s actions take a violent turn. Holden Ridge begins to lose its sense of quaint town security, and Dani is caught in a deadly game of cat and mouse.

Who can she trust when anyone around her could be a suspect?

One thing’s for certain though: Never underestimate the power of one tiny secret.

**Mature Content Warning** Recommended for 17+ due to language, violence, and sexual content.

413 pages, ebook

First published May 15, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

T.A. Kunz

4 books147 followers
T.A. Kunz is the pen name for Adam Kunz, who lives in Orlando, Florida. And unfortunately a lot of the rumors you’ve heard about his state are true. When he’s not writing, Adam spends his time reading, playing video games, watching anime and Korean dramas, and spending time with his partner while cuddling with their two dogs, Nicky and Rusty. Since childhood, he’s had a great fondness for reading and writing. His fiction genres of choice are eclectic, but mainly are in the YA, MG, and NA categories. So, it was no surprise when he decided to write his own books that he’d be a grab bag kind of author in terms of story ideas. And he just loves mashing up genres. As a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, Adam advocates strongly for diverse representation in all media. He may or may not have a coffee addiction, the jury’s still out on that one. And his hands-down favorite holiday is Halloween, which holds a very special place in Adam’s heart.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
50 (8%)
1 star
15 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 128 reviews
Profile Image for Jillian Dodd.
Author 112 books6,039 followers
May 13, 2013
I'm hoping that I can cuss on here, because the only thing that comes to my mind is HOLY SHIT! I'm still breathing heavily after just finishing it and I can't decide if it's from being scared and freaking out when a branch just scraped against my window, or if my heart is pounding from some serious sexy times with totally swoonworthy Parker.
It's been a while since I've read something different. Something really unique. This book combines a scary, creepy mystery (and someone out to get me, uh, I mean the main character, Dani), with romance. Hot, sexy, tension-filled romance with Parker.
Can I swoon for a minute?
(swooning)
(swooning)
Bottom line: If you like scary movies and a nice steamy (mature YA) read. GET THIS BOOK!
Profile Image for Mandy Reads Indie.
1,544 reviews100 followers
May 6, 2013
I cannot get over the fact that this book had me sitting on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. I mean that...literally. ONE TINY SECRET had me wound so tight I thought I would explode from the intensity of it. I am usually not a huge fan of murder/mystery books, but Kunz added in some romance and it evened the book out perfectly for me. (I have to have some romance in my reads.) In fact, the romance just added to my suspicions on who this Unknown was. Read it…you’ll see what I mean.

From the moment the old friend next door was mentioned my brain went on alert. I have watched enough movies over time to know when something is amiss and should be remembered so to help me solve the mystery that is sure to come. Ever seen PRETTY LITTLE LIARS? Yeah, A has nothing on Unknown. Unknown makes A look like a pansy when compared. Plus this book was more believable. Some of the things A does makes you roll your eyes and think 'Whatever'. And that is actually one of the reasons I quit watching the show. But not with ONE TINY SECRET. Oh no, this book was shockingly believable. So much so, I was wide awake checking doors and wondering what lurked outside. (Pssh! As if someone would stalk me.)

Another thing...I am usually not a fan of male authors who write romance and sometimes just books in general. I know, I am picky like that. But with Kunz I was blown away. I can now add him to my growing list of male authors who I adore. Yes, Kunz wrote a book that surprised me, had my interest the whole time, and definitely had me floored in the revelation of Unknown. Wow. I seriously did not see that coming. Like any of it.

Man, I am telling you the suspense will get you in this one. But it really is balanced out nicely with romance, which of course I loved! Once you start reading you will see how hard it is to put down. The one thing that irked me? Well, the dad. He drove me nuts not believing his only daughter. For a guy who is a Sheriff, he doesn’t seem all there at times. Or maybe that is just me. But everyone else was great in the book. I liked how they all seemed real and each had some weaknesses that made them that much more realistic.

Love movies like SCREAM or I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER? Well then you are going to love ONE TINY SECRET. Just think of it as a similar plot but with better actors. Get this one when it is out and you will see what I mean.
Profile Image for Amy Jones.
Author 12 books113 followers
May 1, 2013
OMG!!! Adam Kunz has really outdone himself with his first solo writing project. I've been not-so-patiently waiting for this little treasure to come together for months now so when Adam asked me if I'd like an ARC of the novel I started cartwheeling across the living room.

First, I have say that I loved the idea for this story. I am a true fan of murder mystery ( Yes, I admit to watching Law and Order reruns at least 5 times per episode, so there!) and One Tiny Secret succeeded in keeping me on the edge of my seat, nail biting and all, from virtual cover to cover. But, I can't stop there.

This novel belongs in the romance category too. Whew, I tell you it is hot, and Parker is one new book boyfriend to be reckoned with. Get ready for this heart throb to take your breath away. In fact, get ready to fall in love with all of these characters. I especially love Dani, the mc, and a very strong female heroine.

Adam has nailed the teen voice in this novel. The character conversation sounds very much like the youthful jargon that fills the hallways of the high school I teach at every day.

If you're a fan of suspense, mystery and romance this is the book for you! It's a 5 star read, for sure!
Profile Image for Jenese.
378 reviews85 followers
May 17, 2013
**Please keep in mind that I was a beta reader for this book and my views may be slightly biased**

Let me start out by saying, this book is nothing like I normally read. I'm a total scaredy cat, I don't even watch scary movies, so I wasn't sure how much I would like this book. Adam is awesome and so is his mom, Carol (the other half of C.A. Kunz) so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read this one.

Within my first few pages I knew I would love this book. Dani is funny and sarcastic (just like me :-P) and seems just REAL! She's a typical teenage girl in high school, but she keeps finding herself is these precarious situations. She is tested over and over and must protect her loved ones.

Parker is the ex boyfriend, the one that got away. Parker is sweet, understanding and the perfect match for Dani. Although the burden falls primarily on Dani, Parker is there every step of the way helping Dani.

Unknown (the villain) was great, I was actually impressed. I could not figure out (still haven't) how the heck the villain was able to set Dani up in all of these situations. The scenarios were so intricate and Dani almost didn't even have a chance.

One Tiny Secret had me on my toes the entire time. Every time that I thought I just KNEW who the killer was, Ugh, something would happen and NOPE not him. Then NOPE, not her. There were surprises, twists and turns, through the whole book and I was shocked and in aw by the end.

I do want to also add that this book reminded me a tiny bit of Scream. This could also possibly be because I don't have much to compare it too except that movie.

I'm glad that Adam has helped me find a new genre of books to read and I can't wait to read more from him in the future.
Profile Image for M.R. Polish.
Author 43 books209 followers
February 1, 2014
I absolutely LOVED this book. It was very well written and clearly a lot of heart and soul went into creating it. I am not usually a present tense reader, but this story and character sucked me in so fast I didn't realize I was reading it like that and I was able to enjoy the story!

I never do spoilers in reviews and with this book, I would hate to spoil anything! I had so many people picked out as "Unknown" but I was wrong, time and time again. It made me think all the way through. Then, at the end, I was filled with so much anxiety over what would/was happening I didn't want to turn the page, but I had to or my curiosity and anxiety would have kill me! I HAD to know! I stayed up till my eyes burned, with my heart racing every step of the way.

VERY well done! A great YA thriller!
Oh, and PS. I loved the romance lol

I am so honored that I was able to Beta read this! Eeep! Be on the look out for One Tiny Secret, it's gonna make waves!
Profile Image for Jowanna .
62 reviews
May 3, 2013
I received an ARC of this book.
This book was absolutely amazing. I just finished and I'm having a hard time coming up with something to say other than....captivating, suspenseful and brilliant.
Kuntz has the voice of a teenage girl down pat. Totally in AWE.
The story was set on the edge of your seat suspenseful. Every noise in my house made me jump. And lets not even mentioned when my phone rang and I jumped out of my skin. Oh, and the love story left me with quite the tingle. Whew! *wipes brow
The ending made my mouth hit the floor. Great job!
Wonderfully written.
5 stars and 2 thumbs up. A must read.
Profile Image for Kathryn.
659 reviews
May 10, 2013
WOW!!!! Freakin phenomenal...

You know when you see the cover of the book as well as the title, you have to know that there is going to be something major going to happen in this book.
Now, how major, *shakes head* I can only tell you that I WAS BLOWN AWAY!! I did not expect the storyline to go the way it did...Never anticipated it for one moment...BUT...let me say...HOLY FREAKIN WOW!!
From start to finish, I was on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, worrying about what was going to happen to Dani.
One Tiny Secret is twisted and dark, full of intrigue and secrecy, allowing you to put your thinking cap on and try and solve the mystery laid before you.
Once you are thrust in to the drama, you hold your breath right along with Dani, waiting to see who will be next to fall, AND who of her friends can she really trust.
I won't lie...I NEVER guessed who was behind the scheming and manipulation. My suspects either ended up dead or cleared through other happenings.
There is so much I want to say, but if I talk about certain characters or how I felt about them, it will give hints to the storyline. I WILL NOT DO THAT!!
One Tiny Secret is a book YOU HAVE TO READ!! It is brilliantly written with an intense cast of characters that immediately draws you in to the scene, wrapping you up in the tale, causing you to be the silent member working through the details to solve this wicked thrilling puzzle.
So, as it releases this week...go..get your copy...get your notepad, take notes, and lets see how you come out with your problem solving skills!! :D
Profile Image for Erika Ashby.
Author 21 books946 followers
May 6, 2013
First off, I want to say I felt completely honored to even be considered to read this book before it was released. I dove right in as soon as I got it...well, until my kindle died & it was past my bedtime...but I picked right back up the next morning bright and early.

Second, I loved this book. As someone who reads pretty much only adult contemporary romance these days, taking a break to read a ya/na suspense was a much needed change. I was completely sucked into this story. Lesbihonest, I felt like I was seriously a part of it.

I loved Dani's character. She was a hot tomboy. She wasn't all whiny and defenseless. And I loved her sense of humor. I feet like I talk a lot like she does. Parker was super yummy. I was all about that hunk.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I love Pretty Little Liars...like looooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee it. With One Tiny Secret I felt as if I was living out my own personal episode of PLL. It was like I was watching a movie and Dani was giving me a piggy back ride through the whole thing.

This book is a winner winner winner chicken dinner. An absolute must read especially if you were like me and find yourself in a rut with the same ole same ole. Take a break from your normal genre if this one isn't it, and live this book out just as I did. It's really good and you won't regret it!
Profile Image for Holly.
401 reviews141 followers
May 20, 2013
First and foremost I was honored when Adam asked if I would be interested in reading and reviewing One Tiny Secret...ummm would I be interested? Did you read that synopsis? Hell yea I'd be interested!!!
Not only do we have cases of "who done it" here where I can put my extensive Law & Order: SVU and CSI: Miami training to good use trying to figure out who this Unknown is we also have old flames coming back hoping to pick up where things left off...sign me up!!!
I started reading OTS about 11:45 p.m. Saturday night and finished at about 3:30ish a.m. I could NOT stop reading; I ignored the burning sandpaper feeling in my eyes from being up to late because by that point I was at 88% and told myself I'm no sissy reader I can stick this out and you know quitters never win and all that stuff lol. Mainly I couldn't put my Kindle down because I HAD to know how things ended. I'm telling you now when you sit down to read this story make sure you have nothing else planned because this is definitely one of those books that once you start you're not stopping till it's over. It WILL suck you in until it's ready to let you go...You will become One Tiny Secret's beeyotch.
It wasn't just one page that had me it was every page that had me completely

One Tiny Secret is a perfect blend of suspense, murder mystery, romance, and with Parker Reed on the scene it brings the sexy! Now granted, there's a handful of different genre's there but Adam blends them seamlessly! There's a balance of each, never once did I feel there was too much of one and not enough of another. With the elusive unknown blackmailer who did their blackmailing via text message it gave OTS slight Pretty Little Liars feel which I LOVED being a die hard fan of the Pretty Little Liars books and TV show but I liked that Adam put his own spin on things. ALL the characters were great and brought something to the story, you know how in some books you read you think "hmmm we don't really need you here" about a character? Well not here!
kept them fun, and best of all he had them acting and speaking like normal everyday teenagers!!! The story it self was also well written, even with all the craziness going on in the story you never feel lost, everything is well described and detailed, but not in a "lets just get on with it way" Adam kept me guessing with who the killer could be the entire time and Parker was hot, just thought I'd mention that again...like watch out for for me because it's hunting season lol

All in all One Tiny Secret at times made me

and then wonder...

and then there's this scene between Dani and Parker that just...

and ooohhhh boy that ending had me shouting!!!

Or is it bitches as in more than one...or were they even female at all...guess there's only one way to find out ;-)

Profile Image for Vanessa.
Author 6 books105 followers
June 24, 2013
Hmmmm...not what I was expecting, but I liked it! Review coming soon...

Review:

“So the lie is all set. I told my dad that after work today, I’m having a little late-night study session with Rory and Alex for a big test on Monday. I guess it’s not a total fib. We are going to be hanging out tonight, except it will be at a party, and we will most definitely not be studying.”

Danielle “Dani” Marks is a typical teenager. She tells little white lies to her dad in order to get away with doing things he would never let her do (she is the daughter of the sheriff after all). Problem is, one lie turns Dani’s life upside down when her childhood friend and neighbor goes missing.

Getting caught is the least of Dani’s worries now that her father has lost his trust in her and she starts receiving haunting and threatening texts from Unknown. Someone is out to get her and Dani has no one to turn to. Afraid of bringing her two BFF’s into her nightmare, Dani turns to the one person she swore she’d never speak to again…Parker Reed.

Parker is back in town after running off to California in hopes of getting Dani off his mind and out of his heart; he was wrong. Now he’s back and want another chance. Dani doesn’t want to go there but Parker was her first…everything; and her body betrays her every time he gets close.

“I can’t, Parker. Not with everything else that’s going on,” I say, sliding my hand from under his and grabbing for the beer bottle. “I’m not asking you to,” he replies. “I just want you to know that you’re not alone in this.”

The situation escalates as more people are put in danger or worse, killed. Dani tries to keep herself together, all the while trying to convince her dad that someone is after her (and everyone else in town). How many more people have to get hurt or die before he believes her? And what about Parker?

Dani has some tough decisions to make; she better choose wisely or more people will die…maybe even her.

This book was not what I expected…and I really liked it! It took me back to my teen years when I read primarily horror and made me realize how much I enjoy this genre. Now, don’t misunderstand; there is a definite love story here but in the middle of that are layers of suspense and that’s what kept me turning pages. Great read and I look forward to more!

**4 Scary-Story Stars**
Profile Image for Trinity (A Love Affair with Books).
137 reviews51 followers
May 20, 2013
I have always loved horror stories. I never got to watch horror movies growing up so once I was old enough I became a full fledged horror junkie. So when I heard that Adam Kunz was writing a NA horror book I knew it was right up my alley! I was lucky enough to meet the mother and son writing duo C.A. Kunz which consists of Adam and Carol in February at Wicked Book Weekend. They were both so nice and gracious even though I had never read their books. He mentioned then that he was working on a NA book so I made sure to keep an eye out for it and I am so glad I did!

One Tiny Secret is the perfect mix of the two things I love; horror and NA. I loved that the book started out as pretty normal New Adult book but it slowly cranked up the suspense and horror until I was literally jumping in my seat as I was reading it. There were so many thrills and surprises along the way. I would think I knew what was going on and Adam would throw in another clue or another factor until I was thoroughly confused about who was behind everything

To read the rest of my review, please visit the blog at
http://www.aloveaffairwithbooks.com/2... A Love Affair With Books
Profile Image for Tina  Peacock (Formerly -Bookcrack).
181 reviews26 followers
May 11, 2013
This one gets the teen heroine POV just right. And Parker? So sexy and fun. Like the SCREAM movies or "Pretty Little Liars"? You will love this. So much fun! Now I want a pumpkin ale damn it! Made me homesick for the Northeast in the fall that's for sure. Received an ARC for review at Bc.

4.5 STARS and review to come at www.bookcrack.com

* I met Adam this year at an author event, and while he is one of the sweetest and most fun and generous people I've met in a while, it in no way influenced my take on this book. I will admit I had to put my YA loving face on (it's been a LONG while) but this book was paced and plotted so well I was delightfully surprised at the ending! (I love when that happens!) And, I was already a fan of his books as part of the C.A. Kunz team. Great solo debut!
Profile Image for Mindy/fangedmom.
233 reviews20 followers
May 9, 2013
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! I was so deep in the WOW factor through the whole book it was insane! I read it straight through as I could not stop reading it!

I was a HUGE RL Stine fan as a young adult. This book RIVALS the hell out of RL STINE in an adult way. Author Adam Kunz is a master story teller. In Tiny Little Secret you never know what will happen next! Check out the release party going on for this book!!!

Profile Image for Becky Price.
628 reviews42 followers
May 15, 2013
Absolutely, 1000% in love with One Tiny Secret! I honestly didn't think a book could be this great. It had me hooked the entire time, reading page after page and constantly looking over my shoulder. I couldn't guess the ending to save my life, and that is the number one thing I loved about it. I love when I can't guess an ending, because it makes me that much more eager to keep reading and find out the truth. There were many times when I thought I had it figured out, but I kept finding out I was wrong and second guessing myself. Overall fantastic novel! Great job, Adam!
Profile Image for Katrina.
919 reviews64 followers
May 16, 2013
Unpredictable, Edgy - full of intrigue and secrecy..,

Everything about this book is MIND BLOWING. The prose, the secerets m the storyline, the characters and even the design cover!!!

One Tiny Secret is a thrilling, intense, and addictive read that is suspenseful, SCARY and also romantic and swoon worthy. (Grins) A Na novel like no other.

The characters breathe a life of their own and the story - Adam has crafted, is so well detailed and woven I felt like I was right there inside the book even till the very last page. He certainly nailed Dani's pov and gave us a kick arse protagonist.

I have read many stories by male authors and the romance always seems to be rushed or almost non-existent loll. Adam did take his time in giving us the romance, nothing rushed and it was gradual.

Normally you can tell when a male writes romance - no pun intended. But Adam certainly nailed the romance dead line and centre with this story. He grasped every feeling - emotion and description beautifully, giving the reader many vivid descriptions while on this suspenseful roller coaster ride.

Parker Reed was Swoony, Sexylicious, and so perfect. Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv baby ! <3 (( snickers))

Adam weaved all emotions perfectly and I was in Dani's head the whole time and felt every emotion and thought whilst reading One Tiny Secret. Every text left me wandering and I was more then curious to know WTH was going on.

The suspense was riveting - and UNPREDICTABLE by any means. For all those who like a slightly haunting tale, this was well defined throughout the pages. At 3am I had to saying I was glued in my chair with the light on... Every noise - on was on the edge lol. ((yes I am a scaredy cat) loll

The characters were written with flaws, but so very true to life. The storyline given forth is one of its own and certainly unique.

A fantastic new story by Adam and I have to say ** I have One Tiny Secret ** It kicked arse!

Profile Image for Ren.
153 reviews52 followers
July 24, 2013
I thought I’d give myself half a day to compose myself to give this book the review it deserves. I’m still at a loss for words. I bought this book on sale because Raine Thomas would hype it like nobody’s business! I trust her judgement since her book is also amazeballs. Anyhoo…I’m also kind of a cover whore. I will buy a book solely based on the cover. Call me shallow. The thing that drew me in was the earrings she wears, skull and crossbones. I almost always wear some accessory or clothing with skulls. I had to get this book. It’s almost as if it were calling my name!

I’ll admit it was a slow start for me. I didn’t know where is was going to lead me. Once you get down to the good stuff, you’ll be hooked! I’m not usually the thriller type of gal unless it’s heavy on the romance. What can I say? I’m a romance junkie! This book did have romance in it but it wasn’t in your face. It was very tasteful. Sometimes I find that romance amongst teenagers isn’t written with the teen in mind. They’re impulsive little creatures and usually wear their heart on their sleeves.

Adam frickin’ nailed it with these characters! Dani…what can I say about this girl!? She is my kindred spirit! Any girl that refers to the bitches in school as the twat squad is awesome in my book! She was so likeable. She was snarky and downright hilarious. And Parker…you couldn’t help but love him despite all his faults. When push came to shove, he was there for Dani in a heartbeat.

I have a really bad tendency to look further down the page as I’m reading. I’m not kidding, it’s terrible. I had to physically hold my hand over the pages as I continued as to not spoil the thrill. One Tiny Secret was truly and exhilarating tale of WHODUNNIT? I would almost forget to breath and the anticipation was a nail biter! I’d try to follow the clues and was left with one big mind fuck. I had my suspicions but it made it seem like everyone was the suspect. I’m completely blown away.
Profile Image for Michele(mluker) Luker.
243 reviews16 followers
May 16, 2013
One Tiny Secret is full of suspense and mystery as Dani tries to discover who the stalker is and the reason behind the torment.
Dani, the daughter of the town sheriff, is designing the flyer for the party of the year. Everyone in town knows about the party, however the police force wants to discover the secret location.

While Dani is going through a box of things, she finds her old walkie talkie that she used to talk with her best friend with next door. Janice's possessive mother prevented Dani's friendship, and they hadn't spoken in years. Never dreaming she would answer, Dani tries the walkie talkie to see if it still worked and she answered. Feeling guilty for all the time apart, Dani invites her to the Halloween party. At the party, Dani runs into her old boyfriend, Parker. Parker left early for college without saying goodbye, leaving Dani distraught.

However, the next day, Dani's world is turned upside down. Chaos erupts in the small town, and Dani receives texts from an unknown caller. Dani confides in Parker, her sheriff father doesn't believe her, as the whole situation starts to become dangerous for all those around Dani.

One Tiny Secret is Adam Kunz first solo novel, which is packed with suspense and horror. From the moment I first started reading, I was captivated in the creative story Adam created. Who is the unknown caller? Why is this stalker tormenting Dani? All these questions and more run through your mind as you are trying to solve the mystery. But don't even try, because you will never see it coming. The anticipation to reach the end is so demanding, it's a story that you WILL read in one sitting. Not only is the plot just plain genius, there's a hot romance as truth is revealed and Dani and Parker reunite.

Profile Image for Keshia.
52 reviews11 followers
November 27, 2014
I don't know why I decided to start reading this book at 2 am with no lights on.......One Tiny Secret definitely reads like a horror film.

Me while reading this:
description

And I ain't no chicken.

Like the other reviews stated this is kind of like Pretty Little Liars but better.
Seriously, everything about this book-the characters,the hot romance and of course the mystery was believable (AND SCARY!!!!). Somehow Adam Kuntz nailed the voice of a teenager girl.
Dani is a funny, spunky, no nonsense heroine who tells a couple of white lies and has a few secrets but is ultimately a good person.
description

And Parker is great as the older, sexy ex(?) boyfriend who wanted to help Dani no matter how dangerous and scary things got. Who Unknown was and the reasons why he or she was tormenting Dani was unexpected.

My only bother is that the characters weren't physically described that much(For example, we didn't know Dani's hair color until the near end).

But besides that I loved how there were SO MANY twists and turns!!!
Just go ahead and read it! Its great. I'll definitely be checking out any future novels by Adam Kunz!
Profile Image for Jackie -Sated Faery.
285 reviews35 followers
September 2, 2019
This. Book. Is. Freaking. AWESOME!!!! It was a little different than my normal paranormal reads, but just as creepy and exciting!! I just finished and I'm still a little freaked out but I am also dying to read it again to try and see if there were any clues that I missed the first time. (I'm also a little scared to go to sleep because of the crazy dreams I will probably have) So if you're as much of a fraidy-cat as I am, you will wanna keep the lights ON, turn your phone OFF, and get your teddy-bear before you start reading. And don't plan on doing anything else until it's finished because you won't be able to put it down. Don't worry, it's not all terrifying, there are also several sexy run-ins with the scrumptious Parker to lighten the mood, but he can be a real pain in the butt, too! (Aren't all the sexy ones?) Dani is amazing & strong to be able to keep it together after everything she has to go through, I was getting a little hysterical on her behalf a few times. So before I get carried away and reveal too much, let me just say... YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!!
Profile Image for Jamie Sager Hall.
59 reviews7 followers
May 19, 2013
Whoa! This was definitely one of those books that I had a tough time putting down. The suspense was through the roof! It isn't easy for a book to actually creep me out, but this one...yeah, I was kind of freaked out when I was reading it whilst home alone.

Parker is super yummy. Where were these guys when I was in high school? And oh, was this book steamy!! Holy crap!

I loved that I truly didn't know who was responsible for the mayhem until the very end. Usually you can guess or have some idea by 50-75% and you are cussing the main character for being so stupid and not knowing. NOT the case here. I was stupid right along with her. Going "OH, it was so and so!"...then a few pages later "Yikes! Nope, not so and so!". So many viable suspects and no clue as to which one was "Unknown" until the very end!

I love, love, loved it!!!!!
Profile Image for Taia Kline.
2 reviews
May 30, 2013
Lies. They have a way of blowing up in your face and making your life crazy. Psychotic, even. Dani finds that out first hand in this gripping story. One Little Secret is a very well written and very realistic look into a young girls life who has gone down a very dark and twisted path. Dani faces real life or death choices at the whim of Unknown, a techie serial killer who is bent on breaking her. As friends start dying around her, she desperately seeks answers to solve this mystery before she joins the ranks of the slain. I do read books like this often and usually can guess what's happening within a few chapters. Adam kept me guessing until the very end, and I love the twists the story takes. A great inaugural novel, keep them coming Adam! I'll keep reading!
Profile Image for Kylie Harrison (The Reading Cow).
194 reviews51 followers
October 21, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading One Tiny Secret. I had actually started 3 different books, but this one was the one that 'grabbed' me. It had my attention from the start, and held it the whole way through.

The characters were fantastic. I loved Dani, and I connected with her immediately. I loved her small, diverse group of friends. And Parker? Well he was an interesting love interest for Dani. I actually wanted to slap him around at times, until everything was explained, and then I loved him!

One Tiny Secret has it all - action, suspense, horror and a love story. Adam Kunz's writing style was captivating. If you are looking for a great Halloween read, this is one to add to your list!
Profile Image for Mary Ting.
Author 48 books2,128 followers
May 20, 2013
If you love to read a book that entails not only romance but mystery as well, this book is for you. From page one to the last page, to the twist and turns of the plot, I did not see some of the things that happened coming. And the anticipation of wanting to know who the mystery caller was drove me to read the book even faster. Just when I thought it was so and so…wrong! Hold on to your seat because you will be hooked with One Tiny Secret. Simply genius! Well done from a male author telling a story from a female’s point of view.
Profile Image for Erica Alyson.
820 reviews61 followers
July 19, 2013
Loved this book! Kept me on the edge of my seat and wondering. A total page turner. The description and narrative were so amazing you feel like you are there!!!!

Wonderfully written and don't want to give to much detail since it is a mystery I don't want to risk giving anything away but highly recommended!
Profile Image for Halyna.
826 reviews19 followers
May 22, 2013
Excellent book - gripping, with well-built plot, great characters and unexpected twists and turns. The writing was fluent and easy to read, the events developed swiftly, so the pacing was just perfect. In addition the romance was really nice, so definitely highly recommended!
Profile Image for Stephanie.
5 reviews
June 4, 2013
Great mystery/thriller!! Just when you think you have it figured out the author throws a major curve ball and takes you another direction. This book is filled with plenty of twists and turns that keeps you on the edge of your seat!!
Profile Image for Simply Love Book Reviews.
6,891 reviews818 followers
December 24, 2013
Alyn‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

This story completely took me by surprise and reminded me of the age old saying “never judge a book by its cover”. When I received my copy of One Tiny Secret, I was excited to dig in, but unfortunately found that my schedule grew too hectic for me to give it the time it deserved. Finally sitting down for my literary fix, I found that I could not put this book down but for a different reason than my usual steamy romance novel. Looking at the cover, a beautiful blonde with her finger shushing onlookers, one would think One Tiny Secret has something to do with a secret affair. But if you look a tad bit closer, her skull and cross bone earrings hint of a different type of story. I quickly realized I was sorely mistaken and found myself in the midst of a murderous Halloween mystery combined with a New Adult twist of romance. What a perfect read for the season!

In this story we are introduced to Dani, a high school student who is gearing up for the latest Halloween Bash and how to hide it from her Sheriff father. As the resident graphic artist, she is tasked with putting the flier for the party together but is interrupted by a few friends and a reminder of a few blasts from the past. Revealing a few of her past indiscretions, Dani is reminded of her friend Janice who lives across the street but has rarely been seen for over a year due to homeschooling and the fact that Janice’s mother despises Dani. Acting on a whim, Dani reaches out to Janice to see if she wants to sneak out to the Halloween bash and the plot begins. The party is a hit, and everyone is there. Complete with a mysterious “drink me” cocktail as they enter the mysterious location, Dani and Janice are in their sexiest costumes, ready for some fun and some pumpkin spiced beer to toast the occasion. Off into the woods to get the refreshments, Dani returns to find that her friend is not where she left her but instead encounters a hottie dressed as the Big Bad Wolf to her Red Riding Hood. Spilling her beer but still drinking what she could salvage, Dani is surprised to find the man behind the mask is none other than her ex-boyfriend Parker Reed. Realizing he still has the ability to turn her into a puddle of goo, she falls for him all over again but then literally begins to fall as dizziness and darkness come over her. Unsure of what happened or her whereabouts, Dani wakes up hours later in a boy’s bed and no recollection of her evening. After a few questions and some help from her rescuer, Dani heads back to get her car only to be confronted by her father. What shocked her even more was the fact that not only were her memories of the evening gone, but her friend Janice was gone too. As the suspicion piles up and accusations fly, Dani is trying to figure out what happened. It isn’t until she gets a text, that she realizes there is more to Janice’s disappearance than a simple hangover. “Want to know a secret?”
As more mysterious texts come in, Dani realizes that someone is watching her closely. Attempting to let her father in on her problem only seems to make things worse, and as bodies pile up, Dani doesn’t know who to trust anymore. All of this because of one tiny secret!
This story kept me guessing right to the end. Every time I thought I knew who the killer was or what their motivation was, I was wrong. One can never underestimate the power of a motive and the lengths a person will do to prove their point. At least that is what I learned in this story.

I love Dani’s character! She is a strong female but is not afraid to follow her heart. While some may perceive this as week, I believe that it takes a strong person to have the guts to give a person a second try knowing that heartache is a possibility. Then again, love comes with heartaches regardless. The relationship between Dani and Parker comes with a lot of loose ends that Dani has to deal with. Parker was Dani’s first love but is also the half-brother of Phoebe; one of her best friends. When Parker suddenly left over a year earlier, it was difficult for Dani to get over and it took time but she and Phoebe made it work. Janice was Dani’s other best friend and the pair were inseparable until Janice’s mom took her out of school as a result of bullying issues. The two were always alongside their third partner in crime, Kevin; who was sweet on Dani throughout their childhood. She also has her current team of trouble makers in Rory and Alex. The pair are always there to make Dani laugh, help her make decisions that may or may not get her into trouble, and of course, bash ex-boyfriends that break her heart. Sound like a teenage drama?

Of course within all of the drama and potential heartache with old boyfriends there is a killer on the loose. Adam Kunz paints a vivid picture of a small town gone scary without creating so much detail that it is portrayed as gory. It almost reminds me of the movie Scream (seriously, if you liked that movie you will love this story) and that is one of my favorite scary movies!
Profile Image for Kim Person.
529 reviews179 followers
June 16, 2013
One Tiny Secret was ONE HUGE BALL OF FUN for me ~ I love me a good mind f*** with a huge twist and a little who-dun-it thrown in for good measure! I really didn't know too much about the book before hand other than the synopsis ~ I'm not one to follow teasers and such cause the anticipation for a book to come out literally eats me alive so when I started this one I was already thinking I would be ...

Dani is an 18 year old high school senior. She's also the Sheriff's daughter and about to come face to face with the one guy she's loved ~ Parker! What Dani doesn't know is her seemingly normal existence is about to get a little creepy and down right scary! I loved that the book is based around Halloween and yes there were thoughts of ...

going through my mind. Dani and her best friends Alex & Rory will have you ...

at times but when Parker returns from LA things start to get really interesting. Parker is the same gorgeous boy he was before he left but with a more pronounced "V" ~ I had to throw that in there because I laughed when that part was described! When Dani goes to Gunner's Halloween Party she is just looking for a good time and re-connecting with her old friend and neighbor Janice but when she wakes up the next morning things start to change and they does so in a big way!

While reading this one you can certainly play detective as the cast of characters are all there for you and I certainly had my suspicions of "who" the "Unknown" was but a book worth it's salt will ultimately shock you in the end with a twist that you don't see coming and One Tiny Secret had just that twist. Now how did this book make me feel well there were times where I was literally telling Dani to....

just go girl get the heck outta Dodge ~ there were some downright...

parts that I had the heebie-jeebies! But there also parts where I was thinking if I had Parker in my line of sight I would totally...

Yes I regress back to that gorgeous "V"! Seriously though things get down right freaky at times and I felt Dani's....

with the events going on around her and her father's lack of belief in what she told him. Now there were some .......

parts in the book that were needed to get the point across of how serious this was and when I got to the end I was...

well I didn't SEE that coming ~ then I was...

since I got to read a book of the beaten path of normal but also had the elements of a good read. One Tiny Secret was 5 stars for me and it was also a book I gobbled up quickly! It had me turning the pages quickly cause I seriously needed to know WHO was behind everything! I look forward to more from this Author who was able to interject some hot sexy males, bad arse female lead and enough creepiness that you might be checking out every little bump, scratch or perhaps scream you here in the night!

I was provided an advance read copy of One Tiny Secret in exchange for an honest review and my review is part of the Blog Tour for this awesome read!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 128 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.