Start by marking “The Brinded Cat (The Witch Hunters Short Story #2)” as Want to Read:
The Brinded Cat (The Witch Hunters Short Story #2)

The Brinded Cat

(The Witch Hunters Short Story #2)

Insurance claims worker, Sam, doesn’t want to do any more jobs for the Community. She just wants to fill in her nice, harmless forms. But when she is coaxed into rescuing a witch’s familiar from a tree, she finds her charge is more than an average kitty.
Faced with the option of handing him over to the authorities, she instead risks her liberty and flees across London with
ebook, 1
Published January 5th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published January 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Brinded Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brinded Cat

T.K. Toppin
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The best part of this book was getting to meet Samhain again. Another short and sweet story about my new favourite witch. We get a better glimpse of Sam's past and her story so far along with some exciting incidents as the story unfold. A great little read. I look forward to more.
Peter Vialls
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Brinded Cat is a modern urban fantasy short story, involving a witch with issues within the magical community, a couple of other sorcerers who are deeply involved with each other to the exclusion of all else, and the brinded cat of the title. The story is fast-moving, entertaining and amusing, and the denouement satisfying. I enjoyed it immensely and can recommend it unreservedly.
Yolanda Bacon
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Chantal Halpin is an author I discovered through GoodReads, when I read Foul is Fair. Her writing style is brisk and entertaining, and this story was another intriguing glimpse at Sam, the heroine of this story. The universe she's created is interesting and believable, and while I was disappointed not to get to see any of the other characters from Foul is Fair, I liked the ones I met in this story. I want to read more by Chantal!
Michelle Hoyt
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

The story was a page turner and it held my attention throughout the story. I really liked the book. Great book
Laurel
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Chantal writes with a smooth tone, gently unfolding a story's events into one's mind. This is a fun paranormal romp complete with witches, warlocks and a shifter cat.
Dr susan
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-again, favorites
I cannot wait until Sam gets a book! Halpin has made Foul is Fair and tbe Brinded Cat available at no charge, but I would happily pay for them. Sam is a great addition to urban fantasy.
Mrs C A Hurd
Gina Lyons
Jun 10, 2016
Nena
Jan 08, 2015
Chantal Halpin lives in the South West of England with her husband, two kids and their smelly rescue dog, Keira. She mostly writes urban fantasy and loves anything fanged, fae, witchy or shifty. She is currently working on The Witch Hunter series which includes both urban fantasy and young adult stories.

The Witch Hunters Short Story (2 books)
  • Foul is Fair (The Witch Hunters Short Story #1)
“You don’t have any balls?’ For once I wasn’t trying to be insulting.” 3 likes