Start by marking “Once Bitten, Twice Shy” as Want to Read:
Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Jason Warwycke, Marquess of Wyckeham, has vowed never to wed again after his disastrous first marriage, which left him with nothing but a tarnished reputation and a rather unfortunate nickname − ‘Lord Wicked’.

That is, until he sets eyes on Ianthe Templeton …

Ianthe lives in the shadow of her beautiful twin sister, Serena, and longs to escape the “mindless entertainments” s
Published December 22nd 2012 by Choc Lit (first published December 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Once Bitten, Twice Shy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Start your review of Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Cathy
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute story, although one wonders how often one woman can be kidnapped over the course of two-hundred pages. Pretty silly plot twists and I agree with other reviewers that the story bordered on the ridiculous side. Most of the side characters were so over the top, they were more like caricatures than anything else, with the impulse control and common sense of five year olds. And the ending left me pretty unsatisfied.
Rosamaria
This was a very cute story. The main characters are very likable and you can practically get immerged into the story. My only complaint is that it was too short of a story and wish there was more. In my opinion the author didn't allow the story to grow and have more depth, there were too many loose ends. Like: What Happened to Ianthe's sister? What about Lord Robert? And Did the wicked stepmother got what she deserved? etc.
Elaine
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
Sweet story and a quick read. Enjoyable, but it left me a bit frustrated. 3☆
Kelsy
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite a silly title, I decided to give this a try. It was a fun read, but it was also a little annoying. I mean, how many times can a heroin get kidnapped without it getting ridiculous?
Doreen
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lovely miniature

It's a small book, without the subtleties of a full length novel, but nevertheless a satisfying read. This author never disappoints.
KP Pryce
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. The characters were well written, though the mother was obviously blind as a bat when it came to seeing the two girls for what they were.

The Hero, however, was not fooled. He read Serena right from the get-go, and focuses on Ianthe (which does not go down well with Serena.)

I was vastly pleased to see Serena get her comeuppance when the Earl she has been toying with gives her the cut direct *deeply satisfied sigh*

At 99 cents, this was a steal. Well written, with cred
Maggie
Aug 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, online-library
What to say about this book? At first it had an ugly ducking/cinderella vibe and then quickly I found myself asking again and again, "how many times can one person be kidnapped??" I mean, it just kept happening again and again. I don't particularly care for kidnap stories and this one was a multiple kidnap story. It wasn't very suspenseful because there wasn't enough storyline in between events. I don't think the narration helped much since I listened to this on audio. The narrator somewhat over ...more
Margaret Hardie
That was the end? Really? It was as if the 1/2 of the book was wonderful, but the author lost interest and quit just to get it over with. What happened to all of the other characters? We are totally left hanging. I wanted more depth in the relationship too. It was just such a disappointing end. Boo!
Olga
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hr
A very nice and enjoyable reading. The bookish and smarter twin snares herself the most titled gentleman although with some tarnished past ;)
Both H&h are well written with their heads on their shoulders and hearts in the right places either. The heroine might be just too "goody-two-shoes" and too sweet but but not ad noseum.
No steamy love scenes.
Tara Chevrestt
To read a review and find out what real life handsome hottie Ms. Courtenay had in mind while writing this novella, please see my blog post: http://wwwbookbabe.blogspot.com/2011/... ...more
Malvika Jaswal
It is extremely short. It is a cute story though not very exciting or heartwarming as compared to other romance novels that I have read recently.
Alisha
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
delightful quick read
Renee J.
not interested.
Sanshi
It's a light read. I like the H and the h (who is not stupid or a simpering miss).
Cici
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-romance
Another fun Regency Romp. This author really enjoys this genre and her characters. She has a lot of fun with them. And the romance is heartfelt.
Mrs L J Chorley
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Summer reading

Another good book to take on your summer holiday. Very easy read and can recommend you to read it and enjoy
Sorcha O'Dowd
Such a wonderful short story! I love Christina Courtenay's writing style and yet again she delivers a brilliant, historically accurate and heartwarming romance that I just adored! 5 Stars!
Maureen Murphy
Jan 23, 2015
Radhika
Apr 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Written in Red (The Others, #1)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
  • In a Bind (California Corwin P.I. #2)
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death
  • A Talent for Trouble
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Cherry Tree Lane (The Wiltshire Girls, #1)
  • The Scottish Billionaires and the Bookaholic
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • One Summer: From the Number One Bestselling Author
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
  • After the Wedding: What happens after you say 'I do'?
  • Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1)
  • The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5)
  • Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1)
  • The Ex-Boyfriend Agreement
  • The Vampire's Shared Bride
Half English/half Swedish, grew up in Sweden, then moved to Japan for a while.
Writes historical romance/adventure stories and time slip. Also YA romance as Pia Fenton.
Former Chairman of Romantic Novelist's Association.