Start by marking “Drowning in You” as Want to Read:
Drowning in You

Drowning in You

Secretly crushing

Crushed by a tragedy

Charlee May’s been crushing on Dexter Hollingworth since she was fifteen. Five years later, a horrific skiing disaster leaves her millionaire dad critically injured and her mom dead at the hands of Dexter operating the lifts. Charlee is suddenly the sole caretaker for her little brother while their world falls apart.

Dexter couldn’t be
ebook
Published April 3rd 2013 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Drowning in You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drowning in You

Start your review of Drowning in You
Delpha
Apr 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
I really liked the concept of this book. The storyline seems really interesting and I wanted to finish it but uuugh! I made it 53% and stopped. I kinda want my money back.

The dialogue between these two characters is confusing at best. Very choppy. Things happen so random in the story my head was spinning trying to understand what was going on. The characters have an unreal relationship to each other.

Like, how is his best friend someone she doesn't even recognize if she's been soooo in love wit
♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews
For more reviews please check out My Blog

Im sorry to say after the 2 months that I had waited for this book with baited breath, I was sorely disappointed to the point I only read the first 58 pages before I became too bored to continue reading...I know, I shouldnt comment at all if I dont like it but my friends and followers know me too well to even suspect I may keep my mouth shut. The book was dull as dishwater, the synopsis made the story appear promising...However, upon beginning to read, I
A. Bookzilla.
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is more of a 3.5 for me, but I'm rounding it up because I loved the story (also, GR won't let me...) Then again, I just can't ignore some things that bothered me, but more about that later.

I liked both Dex and Charlee.
Dex is a misunderstood bad boy, but you can tell there's so much more to him and as you get to know him, you only like him more.
Charlee did grate on my nerves at times, especially when she was acting all OOC, saying one thing, but doing another. It wasn't often, but at th
E.M. Tippetts
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to beta read this novel. The aptly titled DROWNING IN YOU opens in a hospital where Charlee's father lies near death. Her mother is already deceased. They were both victims of a ski lift accident, and the lift operator was none other than Charlee's high school crush, Dexter. The two of them have long been attracted to each other, and this tragedy simultaneously brings them together and drives a wedge between them. Everyone in town blames Dexter for the accident, so there wi ...more
Kim
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

"I'm the worst kind of bad for you, Charz."
"Maybe I like bad, Dex."

This is the story of two young people that have been crushing on each other for years. Unfortunately for them, their lives have been touched by tragedy that has ripped their lives and their families apart. Even though they have always had hidden feelings for each other, now they are left in a place where guilt, sadness, and fear place demands on them and interfere with them getting any closer.

Charlee is a scared twen
Talk Supe
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Talk by: Rebecca Berto
Shelves: 2013

Braine's Talk Supe review

Death. There's a lot of death in DROWNING IN YOU. Not necessarily people dropping like flies but the idea of someone passing, the idea of LOSS, whether it's permanent or not, tangible and intangible. And I think the theme of loss is what makes DROWNING IN YOU very relatable. There are a lot of heart wrenching moments especially the parts where Charlee is slowly coming into terms with her mother's death and her dad being in the hospital withering away while at
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Drowning In You is a MUST READ for 2013! You will get lost in this book so much so that you will drown in it until you are finished and struggle to the top for air. This book made me laugh and cry and scream all at the same time. This is one of those stories that stays with you long after you have read it. It captures your heart right from the first page to the end.

Charlee May has loved Dexter Hollingworth since she was 15 years old. She has secretly and sometimes not so secretly crushed on Dext
Lori
May 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: terrible
Wow, what can I say but that was BAD. Did I say BAD as in REALLY REALLY BAAAADDDDD!

The book was utterly confusing, so much so that you couldn’t figure out who the heck was saying what. It started off bad, got worse and completely crash landed making me pity any other reader that listens to amazon’s recommendation that this book was like another AWESOME book out there because it SOOOOOO was not!!!!!

The book made NO sense. The father of Dexter is an abusive father at the beginning of the book and
Laura's Book Addiction
Jan 06, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013, 2013-wishlist
Ohhh I want so bad!!!!!! The wait is to long April????
Erin
Apr 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Good Lord this was bad.

There were a couple of tiny glimpses of cute, funny conversations between Dex & Charlee...other than that the entire book made my head hurt.

It just all seemed so disjointed...nothing flowed...to me, anyway.

The text/facebook conversations that happened between various characters were the worst...it just wasn't clear who was talking or when the conversation ended and you were back in a character's head...I've seen lots of text exchanges in books & they can be really well do
Lauren McKellar
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I love beta reading and my experience with Drowning in You is a prime example of why. Watching this book grow into the page-turning, sexy, suspense-filled romance it is was fantastic; and now, being post-release day, the rest of you can enjoy it, too!

Drowning in You tells the story of Charlee, a young woman whose mother has been taken from her in a terrible accident at a nearby ski resort. Her father lies in hospital, dying, and Charlee is left to pick up the pieces and care for her younger brot
Tammy  Zautner
Jan 16, 2013 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF

A bit of it may have been me since I am in a book funk, since I know Kim liked it, but while I loved the story line, I just couldn't connect and found that I was often confused and rereading parts of the book. I liked the characters; I just couldn't connect with them. For me, the flow was not there, and I found I got distracted easily. Conversations threw me off and sometimes didn’t feel totally finished. I have started this book a few times, setting it aside to move on to others with the ho
Petra
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: standalone-books
I didn't quite get the point of this book. The writing was at times very confusing, not much was really happening. I only got to about 55% and then had to stop reading cos I just couldn't bring myself to finish this book.
I started this because it had really good reviews, but obviously was not my cup of tea.
Aman
Feb 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
THIS BOOK NEEDS A GOOD EDITOR.

If I looks at the overall plotline, it has a good potential of being a 4 stars read, but what stops it from achieving that in my book is the story telling (and some character issues). I didn't like the way the author plotted the story and sequenced the events. It was confusing, boring and most importantly, unemotional.

I was sold by the synopsis when I first read it in March. I expected a heard-wrenching yet equally romantic read about two broken people but what I
Katrina
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars

Drowning in you will certainly pull you in. Absorb you - and have you tethering on tears many a times. Your heart will be racing, - your blood pumping, but this story will certainly take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Happy and sad ones.

Loosing loved ones in life, I found this book and emotions within, easily to relate to. The loss of a loved one affects each and every person differently. This was portrayed well and we were put inside the characters head many a times.

This
Tamsyn Bester
Charlee May is still grieving the death of her mother, who died in a fatal skiing accident, while her father fights to stay alive in the hospital. She has gone from a young care free woman to having to be the strong one, essentially becoming a mother to her younger brother.

Dexter Hollingsworth has become a social outcast since his friends and members of the community have shunned him, holding him responsible for the accident that took the life of Charlee's mom and critically injured her dad.
bobo
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
I got this ARC from the author for an onest review.

Like so many books this one will get pros and cons :)
Pro:
I've read "Precise" by Rebecca Berto and I really loved her psychological novella. I've kind of expected this book will be the same way. But, no, this one is about death and the pain brought by it. DiY is a heartwrenching story, about two young shattered souls, Charz and Dex, trying to overcome the loss of the loved ones, to bring peace in their life and find the true love. I felt grief f
Book Addict Mumma
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-fave

Life, do your worst....
I don't blame these 2 characters for thinking this.
We begin with Charlee and her little brother Darcy, their mum has been killed and their father is in a critical condition in ICU. ( my first sob fest)
Not many books have me sobbing at 13% in but Ms Berto knows how to write a story in which you are living with these characters.
I was literally left breathless reading most of this book.
Our other main character Dexter, well he's a very complicated young man and one with a secr
* Sara Johns*
So I was reading another book when I came across this book and suddenly this book seemed MUCH more important to read ;) I literally couldn't put it down... it was as if an outside force was forcing me to read it. This story is about two broken people who have this forbidden love thing going on (in their own heads) and their struggle with their feelings for one another. This book has a little bit of everything.. the good.. the bad.. and the ugly.. As for the good this book has a dual POV( always ...more
Stephanie Miller
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found this book on someone's Twitter and remember thinking, oh, nice cover. So I checked it out.

Well...I didn't expect to cry so much and fall in love with this book. Dex is my type of book boyfriend. Loved him and totally adored the chemistry with him and Charlee. So sweet.

I recommend this book for new adult fans. Ahhh, love so much! 5/5 stars!
Brandi
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! I was trying to guess what the story was between the two families, but I was soo wrong. At some points when they were texting I did get alittle confused by who was saying what, but otherwise I liked the writing and the story.
Nikki Needham
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Whatever your age everyones either got one or had one, it just may not have turned out the same way though! DIY is so well written it takes you back to your own Dexter and god would you kill to be Charlee....

Brilliant book, captivating read and I would highly recommend.
Fern (whirlwindbooks)
Jan 04, 2013 marked it as to-read
Cannot wait to read and review!

- http://www.whirlwindbooksandreviews.com/
C
Feb 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was so excited about this book but it was not that great. This is my first DNF. I couldn't connect with the characters at all & the story line was all over the place. ...more
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Feb 13, 2013 marked it as z-2013
EARLY RELEASE :D

~~
Lovinggggg the cover.
Mybooklatte
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just Pre-ordered the book. Can't wait !!!!!
Kristin Vander
Apr 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Still not sure how the book got to the ending it did...way too choppy and confusing, I felt like the character's were a bit lacking...
Kathy
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Really enjoyed the story. Would recommend.
Kathy
Feb 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Drowning in You has such a sad premise to it with star-crossed lovers as the hero and heroine. I love these types of stories, because I always feel that I will become emotionally attached to the story and the characters, and the description reeled me in for the bite. I felt grief for Charlee and Darcy in their situation and the tragedy of it all, but at the same time I had a difficult time connecting with the characters. I loved Dexter, the tattooed boy with a bad rep whom Charlee has crushed on ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window (The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window, #1)
  • This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
graphic designer, hobby photographer, crazy cat (and dog) lady, tea snob.