Start by marking “Everything's Cool” as Want to Read:
Everything's Cool

Read Excerpt

Everything's Cool

Stan has always known how the world will end, and that only he can save it. And he's always known that someone will try to stop him. From his apartment, his thoughts hidden by static, trusting no one and eating and drinking only what he knows is safe, Stan seeks out the man his dreams tell him will be responsible for the apocalyptic 'Project Cassandra'.

Faced with a
Published December 21st 2012 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Everything's Cool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything's Cool

Start your review of Everything's Cool
David Martin
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dark, humorous in places, an unhinged protagonist, and a pre-apocalypse story. I couldn't ask for more! Hugely enjoyable.
Ian Armstrong
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am unsure whether the writing techniques employed in the careful crafting of this tale are part and parcel of this new author's personal writing style or if they have been specifically brought to bear here, I am, however, inclined to assume the latter. The somewhat staccato rhythms and clipped sentences create a sense of dissonance and unease which subtly induces a growing empathy with the strained mind of the protagonist.

In the protagonist Mr Carroll achieves the writer's holy grail of a
Matt Sibley
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A "hero" without a single likeable trait, that would widely be accepted as dysfunctional and even from the own narrators point of view - clearly suffering from various mental disorders.

But despite the complete lack of sympathy I felt for the character he made a wonderful protagonist. This is because Carroll creates a wonderful sense of empathy with the individual and easily gets the reader to understand everything the character feels, experiences, undertakes and for what reasons.

With a strong
Gideon Purser
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A clever and compelling novella. An anti hero who you begin to empathise with despite the obvious instances of psychological instability. I found this a real page turner as Stans plan begins to unfold in all it's shocking glory. An excellent read and highly recommended. I wonder if I was the only one to notice the Aliens reference...
Ben Best
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An intelligent, dark story with an anti(?) hero who I drew me in, eager to see what he was going to do.
Strongly recommended.
Cheyenne Blue
Whenever I have nothing to read on my Kindle, I buy a random ebook, generally from Goodreads ads. My only criteria is I must know nothing about the book in advance except for the blurb in the ad, and it mustn't cost more than $2.

Stan is a techie geek working unobtrusively for a large company. He thinks he has to save the world from the mysterious Project Cassandra that will destroy it. It's not entirely clear how he knows this other than from his dreams.

Stan is entirely unlikable. He's paranoid
Martin Cooper
Sep 18, 2013
Mike Lloyd
Feb 08, 2013
Laura Hannon
Aug 07, 2019
Justin Carroll
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura Harris
Aug 16, 2013
Mariam
Jan 06, 2013
Jane
rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2019
Jun 03, 2013
Isadora
Jun 03, 2013
Ask Justin Carroll: (Belated) Birthday giveaway! 1 12 Mar 03, 2013 03:06AM
Justin Carroll graduated with a degree in English Literature and Language from Kings College, London in 2004.

In between writing and moonlighting in marketing, he fritters away his time doing all sorts of geeky things.

Shortlisted for several short story competitions, Justin was a finalist in the 2010 British Fantasy Awards.

HEMLOCK JONES & THE ANGEL OF DEATH is his second published novel,