Start by marking “The Adventures of an Intrepid Film Critic” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of an Intrepid Film Critic

The Adventures of an Intrepid Film Critic

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The Adventures of an Intrepid Film Critic is journalist Anna MM Vetticad's account of a year in which she resolved to blog reviews of every single Hindi film released in the NCR. Through the experience of viewing and reviewing those 121 films and interviewing the people who made them, the author chronicles the changing face of Bollywood, discovering in the process an indus ...more
Mass Market Paperback, First, 234 pages
Published 2012 by OM Books International

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of an Intrepid Film Critic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of an Intrepid Film Critic

Arti
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Anna MM Vetticad, I salute you. Hats off to you for watching all 121 Hindi films that were released in 2011 in the NCR (National Capital Region), reviewing them and interviewing the people who made them. This is what The Adventures of an Intrepid Film Critic about. It talks about film making, film marketing and film criticism.

It is about the movies which successful and movies that never made it to mainstream cinema possibly, due to inadequate marketing. She talks about small, beautiful films tha
Shaifali
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I recently read James Altucher, an American entrepreneur and podcaster, state "immersion" as one of the penultimate rules on being more creative. Around the same time I noticed myself following film reviews of one particular critic - and finding her using a refreshingly progressive feminist lens.
On exploring further, here it was -- a book written by the critic Anna Vetticad, on her experience of watching every single movie in the Hindi language produced in NCR in 2011.

Already excited about the i
Priyal Popat
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I have seen all of Anna's interviews and read her reviews on movies. I started this book knowing I would enjoy it immensely. Having said that, I think it was great when she shared the nitty-gritty of small budget movies and the onset of 100 crore hype but lost my interest when incidents got repetitive.

The task of watching every movie and reviewing it and to top it all, write a book about it, I give her 3 stars. It is a good weekend read for those who enjoy movies and the inside drama.

P.S: The J
Anu Acharya
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anu-recommends
This was the most hilarious account of an Indian film critic. Enjoyed it and read it in 2 days flat. I now have some great movies that I would want to watch and some that I can continue to avoid.

Also, her blog with the reviews is outstanding. Recommend that people read her blog before going to see a Hindi movie for sure.
Mangesh Kaslikar
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing ,brilliant and wonderful read. The author through her adventures not only takes the reader for a wonderful ride across Bollywood but also delivers a hard fact about the film industry at its most contemporary stage .
Nandini Parekh
is currently reading it
Nov 21, 2016
Bollywood and Making Movies 1 3 Feb 15, 2013 02:02AM
“...no principle is worth having if you don't stick to it.” 0 likes
“The end credits start to roll. Just then the screen goes blank. Excuse me, but I’m still here. I summon the usher, and tell him he needs to visit the projection room and instruct them to run the credits. I get no particular thrill from doing so, but an injustice is an injustice.” 0 likes