Start by marking “After the Music” as Want to Read:
After the Music

After the Music

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  547 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Terrified by mysterious threats, Jessica Fitzpatrick spirits away her twin wards, Tara and Trevor, to the remote island mansion of their estranged father, world-famous musician Dillon Wentworth. Ever since the fire that claimed his troubled wife's life and left him horribly disfigured, Dillon has shut out the world. With Christmas approaching, the spark between him and Jes ...more
Published November 27th 2012 by Pocket Star (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about After the Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Music

Stephanie Bolen
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm thinking this was a re-read, it seemed familiar. The occult/spooky aspects were overdone and unnecessary. The writing was mediocre and the plot was laughably easy to solve. The motivation of the villain wasn't solid, so the assortment of dirty tricks felt like two different people were committing them, and that would have been much cooler. I think I'm going to read more of her books to see if my read on her as a writer is correct, I hope this is just a bad example.
Dawn ♥ romance
This holiday story was okay but it was too full of characters thoughts and I skimmed a lot. It was so focused on an event that happened years ago and with all the weird stuff, I lost interest. Jessica takes her 13 year old twin charges to their estranged father Dillon who has been living in seclusion on his island.
Cindi
So thrilled to read this Christine Feehan book and LOVE it, after giving up on all her other series for being too repetitive on plots, too verbose, too angsty, and just too frustrating to even try her last several books. This was the old Christine, the Christine I fell in love with and the Christine whose novels I couldn't get enough of. Yay!
L M
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A short story that packs a hell of a lot into it.
This is an emotional read that focuses and revolves around a tragedy that happened several years earlier.
Jessica is one brave woman to return to where her nightmares happened. The fact it is also where her heart lies with world-famous musician Dillon helps make the decision to run there for safety part of her decision too.
Jess takes her teenage wards Tara and Trevor, who are also Dillon’s children, to the remote island mansion of their estranged
KD Grainger
Nov 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Christine Feehan confuses the hell out of me.

She often - almost without fail - includes the worst archetypes of romance novel "heros", whose actions she then excuses with their depth of devotion to the leading female. Then she sprinkles in some genuinely interesting writing (quite the progressive take on mental illness!), and some atleast interesting mystery plot line.

However, what makes this a one-story rating for me is that the story was so unbearably disjointed that I forgot half the time w
Nmedlin43att.Net
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who Done It

This is an a different sort of book for Feehan. There are no people from another race with strange powers or men who have ghost-like abilities. It is a simple story of a man who has great tragedy in his life and overcomes it through the power of a woman's love.
Shea
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a classic "group of people stuck on an island, weird things are going on, who is responsible" thriller. There is a healthy amount of romance and some family healing & redemption thrown in. I was guessing almost until the end which raises my rating.
Meghan
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great pace, storyline and characters. I loved the suspense and questioning of who was the villain as I read the story. Each detail had me thinking it was someone else!
Kim
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
While I really enjoyed a lot of the character development I didn’t enjoy the book much, overall.
Aparna
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Stars: 3.5 / 5
Recommendation: Read it if you want to see if an author can spring up novellas that are not part of any of her series, you might just get surprised.

After The Music is a novella by Christine Feehan published first in the anthology A Very Gothic Christmas in November 2001 and then as part of The Wicked and The Wondrous in October 2004. The plot revolves around a family trying to overcome obstacles and murderous people yet try to have a peaceful Christmas. It is a stand-alone story in
Anorielt
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erster Satz: Jessica Fitzpatrick erwachte schreiend, und ihr Herz stampfte im Rythmus des Entsetzens.

Schon als ich das erste Mal die Kurzbeschreibung gelesen habe, wollte ich Mondspiel unbedingt lesen. Ich weiß nicht weshalb, denn eigentlich ist es auf den ersten Blick nichts Besonderes. Wahrscheinlich war das wieder einmal mein Unterbewusstsein das mir mitteilte das dieses Buch gut ist. Es hatte jedenfalls recht, Mondspiel hat mich wirklich gefangen und nicht mehr losgelassen.

Die Geschichte u
Lielan
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Mondspiel" ist eine wunderschöne Liebesgeschichte von Christine Feehan. Die Handlung hat mich ziemlich überrascht, denn ich hätte sie nicht für so gut gehalten. Da ich mit einer typischen Vampir Liebesgeschichte gerechnet hatte, war ich von der Romantic Thrill Geschichte, welche mich letztlich erwartet hat, vollkommen überrascht. Das Thema "Weihnachten" passte natürlich super zu der aktuellen Jahreszeit, was auch ein Grund ist, weshalb diese Novelle auf meiner Leseliste gelandet ist.

Als ich da
buchverliebt
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt

Jessica kam als Jugendliche mit ihrer Mutter in’s Haus des 9 Jahr älteren Musikers Dillon und seiner Familie. Ihre Mutter war fest eingestellt um auf die Kinder aufzupassen, wenn Dillon auf Welttournee war. Jessica selbst war für die Kinder, Tara und Trevor, immer wie eine große Schwester und mit Dillon pflegte sie immer eine sehr enge Freundschaft. Doch schon damals, als Teenager, verliebte sie sich in den verheirateten Mann, den sie niemals haben konnte. Und plötzlich lief ihr aller Lebe
audrey
Jessica Fitzpatrick and her mother have taken care of Dillion's twin children ever since he rose to fame as a rock star. Jessica reunites the twins with their father for Christmas trying to escape the mysterious threats stalking them. The private island and its Gothic mansion bring back too many memories of betrayal, the occult, murder, and the deadly fire which left Dillion horribly disfigured. Jessica has always loved Dillion but his demeanor has definitely changed meanwhile dangerous accident ...more
Samantha
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book and kind of wish that it had been longer but I’m also fine with how long it is. This Christmas novella always sends a shiver down my spine. The mystery here just reminds me of an episode of Case Closed, one that really gave me the creeps and while the story isn’t nearly as gory as that episode, I feel like reading this novella on a dark, stormy night will have the readers jumping at every sound and making sure all the lights are on.

Now, I haven’t read this book in a long while b
Nely
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, own
I read this title many years ago when it was part of an anthology (A Very Gothic Christmas) and since then I've re-read it a few times. Ms. Feehan describes a world of Gothic splendor that you cannot help but become immersed in. In the aftermath of a horrible fire that left our hero scarred physically and mentally and the unsolved murder of his wife, Dillon Wentworth finally has the opportunity to rekindle with his long time love Jessica Fitzpatrick. It has been seven years since that fateful ni ...more
Tonya Warner
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Fitzpatrick has retuned to the island that with the children of Dillon Wentworth. Returning to the man she loved, but had been unable to claim. Wondering if she could finally reach him, and help the family come together again.

Dillon is a musician, that can no longer play. Severely scarred from burns in a house fire while trying to find his children and Jessica, he has hidden out for years, allowing Jessica to raise his twins. He wants to hope that they can become a family, but the guilt
Gloria
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, suspense
This is a rare book for Ms Feehan, because there are almost no paranormal elements until the very end. It's a modern gothic, with a spooky house isolated on an island, and group of people with a lot of secrets. I picked it up because I had just finished Dark Curse and wanted another Feehan book, and though this wasn't what I was expecting, it didn't disappoint. I enjoyed the book and would like to meet these characters again.
Graylark
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
The romance was well enough, but there were a lot of unlikable side characters. I particularly wanted to kick his daughter Tara's shallow, ungrateful ass. (view spoiler)
Katie
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
Have you ever read a book and forgot you read it until you were already into again, years later? That was this book for me. I read this several years ago (before I knew about Goodreads) in an anthology of other Christmas stories. I enjoyed to book then and I enjoyed it now! I was a great blend of romance and mystery.
Nicole Rhodes
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Truly Great Story

After the Music is truly a great story. It shows that no matter what paths we cross in our life's relationships can and will workout. The characters show a true family with issues, bad experiences, but loving at the same time. I love this book. One of my favorites from Christine Feehan. I read this at least twice a year.
Michele Macom
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great love story

I love how this story came together. The characters are well developed and stand out. She had me guessing until the end who done it. All, and all it was a great read. Another winner for Christine Feehan
Katrina
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book, it's humorous and heartbreaking. I love the twists. I have read all of Christine Feehans' Carpathian Series she is a fantastic writer. Glad I gave this book a try.
Regina Johnson
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Have reread this book and still love it! Feehan Rocks ! This is on of my favorite authors . Can't wait for next book.
Brenda
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!! I love her books.

she is such a fantastic writer. I love her writing every book I read keeps me enthralled I just can't put them d

Aj
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
A sweet story for a cold winter night.
Francis
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, christmas, romance
Adorable story for Christmas.
Elodie Parkes
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great easy read mystery story with the usual Feehan stamp on it. Nice romantic read.
Kim Vanhorn
Jun 20, 2016
Rose Rachael
Dec 12, 2013
  • Race for the Gold
  • Villere House (Blood of My Blood #1)
  • Barefoot with a Bad Boy (Barefoot Bay Undercover, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #14)
  • Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters, #2)
  • Author-2-Author #3: Christine Feehan
  • Blood Hunger (Deathless Night #1)
  • Dark Magic by Christine Feehan l Summary & Study Guide
  • Novels by Christine Feehan: Dark Desire, Shadow Game, Conspiracy Game, Dark Prince, Dark Magic, Dark Fire, Dark Challenge, Dark Demon
  • To Love a Highland Dragon (Dragon Lore, #2)
  • Special Agent's Surrender
  • My One
  • Coercion to Love
  • Guarded (Tidewater, #2)
  • The Secrets of a Courtesan (The Brides of Fortune #0.5)
  • Beauty in Black
  • Hunk for the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays, #1)
  • This Year's Christmas Present
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more
More about Christine Feehan

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be