Start by marking “The Gospel of John” as Want to Read:
The Gospel of John

The Gospel of John

The Gospel of John is one of the world’s greatest works of literature, modelled on classical Greek philosophy and drama, but soaring above these in its own new genre. It was itself less successfully imitated later.

And John’s is the only narrative gospel with a legitimate claim to composition by an eyewitness to Jesus – the anonymous Beloved Disciple. But the original work
Published November 2012 by Editores Volcán Barú

To ask other readers questions about The Gospel of John, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gospel of John

Lee Harmon
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Controversial research, good writing, and an approach to the Jesus story as a puzzle to be solved makes for an enthralling read. There’s so much insightful commentary in this one that I couldn’t begin to measure where I agree versus where I disagree, but that’s hardly the way I evaluate books anyway. I want something that makes me think, and this one does.

My one complaint with the book is that it’s a bit slow getting started. The intro, which serves mostly to present credentials, was wordy. What
Kevin Measimer
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this read. Jim Audlin's translation, restoration, insights and commentary are interesting and edifying.
David Huisjen
One of my more interesting virtual friends whom I have never met is James David Audlin. He was referred to me by a mutual friend who saw us both as strongly interested in philosophy, writing, personal spirituality, music, intercultural relationships, theology and comparative religion. It also turns out that he is a “dog person” and a long-term expat from the US who is rather frustrated with our home country’s human rights record at home and abroad. So yes, he and I have hit it off fairly well.

Ja
James Audlin
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It took me forty years to read this book because I had to write it first. It was worth the effort!
Helaine
James Audlin
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rachel
Feb 02, 2013
James Audlin
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Karen
Susi
Jobber
added it
Sep 15, 2016
James David Audlin is an American author living in Panama, after previously living in France.

A retired pastor, college professor, and newspaper opinion page editor, he is best known as the author of THE CIRCLE OF LIFE and translator of THE GOSPEL OF JOHN.

He has written about a dozen novels, several full-length plays, several books of stories, a book of essays, a book of poetry, and a book about hi