Start by marking “Lucy The Wonder Weenie” as Want to Read:
Lucy The Wonder Weenie

Lucy The Wonder Weenie

What happens when an ordinary weenie dog consumes a pile of magic beans?

She turns into a super hero.

Introducing…LUCY THE WONDER WEENIE!

Lucy the Diva Doxie irritates her family with an obsessive licking habit. Then one day she consumes a pile of magic beans and something extraordinary happens. She transforms into LUCY THE WONDER WEENIE. After adopting her new super hero per
Published February 2013

To ask other readers questions about Lucy The Wonder Weenie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucy The Wonder Weenie

Start your review of Lucy The Wonder Weenie
Mary
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT

Lucy, an adorable dachshund, has an issue with licking, she licks everyone and everything. She also has a very dachshund habit of eating first, asking questions later. Anyone who has ever owned or been owned by a dachshund will understand these facts. So when Lucy's licking and eating habits cause her to consume some beans, which just happen to be magical, magical things start to happen. She develops super powers which helps her battle bullies! Whimsically illustrat
Lici Beveridge
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youth
I loved this book. The illustrations are vibrant and engaging, and the story is brilliant, showing young children how they can turn their awkward habits or traits into something good.

And, of course, having a dachshund as the central character makes it even more lovable.

I think any child (and adult) would love this and relate to it.
Liberty Blake
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lucy is a wonderful superhero! I found her engaging and the kids loved her too.
Tasha
Feb 14, 2013 added it
So cute and sweet! I got a little choked up at the end.
Darlene
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Anyone who's ever been owned by a dachshund will appreciate the tales of Lucy the Wonder Weenie. These small dogs with big attitude pack a lot of love and intelligence into their sausage-shaped bodies.

Lucy eats magic beans which transform her into Wonder Lucy, who helps fight bullying and shows a lot of love to the children in her neighborhood by covering them with wet doggy kisses, turning their tears to giggles.

The illustrations by Sara Pulver are dynamic and vibrant, and the story by Nina Cla
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lucy, the Wiener dog, loved to lick everyone. Sadly, everyone didn’t like to get licked. But when Lucy eats some magic beans, she turns into… LUCY THE WONDER WEENIE!!! She uses her licking powers to make EVERYONE happy, whether they lick it… er… like it or not!

This was a cute picture book (and I love a good doggie story). I like the message the story gives – “use your strengths”. It is important for kids to learn this! Lucy was a great character and she is based on a real dog! I liked the illust
Carien
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have a confession to make:
I love weenie dogs!
They're stubborn, cuddly and awesome in my opinion.

So when I won a copy of Lucy The Wonder Weenie I was very happy. This book sounded so good.

And I can tell you it is an awesome book.

The story is cute, touching and funny and the illustrations not only fit the story very well, they're really beautiful in my opinion. Just look at the cover! The illustrations inside are similar and there's lots of funny small details in some of them as well.

Lucy is a g
Jean Oram
Mar 02, 2013 added it
Shelves: childrens
I've got to say, my son LOVES that there is an ice cream truck in this dog book. He is obsessed with dogs and trucks!

A very cute picture that is a softcover making it easy to handle. The illustrations are bright, cheery and original.

The main character is a dog who eats some magic beans and suddenly is wearing a cape and a superhero outfit. The dog's superhero skill? Well, that would be licking of course. The dog saves the day when kids are upset and goes looking for people to help. It is very sw
Whisper Pines
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-reviwed
Delightful read. Read it to my grandchild and she loved it. She loves dogs and to see a weenie dog come alive was amazing to her. She was looking for magic beans in our yard. The message of the plot to not be lazy and be helpful is brought out in a great easy way for a child to understand.
Stephanie Robertson
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book and so did my son. It was a great bedtime story and it was so well written. It was really cute and fun to read.
Chris Brandstatter
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful tale about a wonderful dog!!!! I loved it!
Glory
Susan
Sue
Sallyann
Feb 13, 2013
NINA CLARK has been surrounded by wiener dogs since the age of ten, starting with Max, a large dachshund who resembled a loaf of peasant bread. Since then, there have been large weenies, small weenies, smooth weenies and long-haired weenies. All of them had sausage-like figures, ear-bursting barks, and serious attitude.

Nina currently lives with Lucy the Diva Doxie outside of Boston, Massachusetts.