Start by marking “Walk on the Striped Side (Big Bad Bite, #2)” as Want to Read:
Walk on the Striped Side (Big Bad Bite, #2)

Walk on the Striped Side

(Big Bad Bite #2)

Does he have his claws in her for good? Or is she just yanking his tail?

Elena Demos’s life has been turned upside down. Her mother has passed away, leaving Elena and her two half-sisters to deal with their mother’s will and the crazy stipulations it contains. For the three sisters to inherit the substantial amount of money left behind, they have to go to work with two aunt
Published February 25th 2014 by Whiskey Girls Publishing (first published February 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Walk on the Striped Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walk on the Striped Side

XxTainaxX
Elena is not a girly girl. I like her all the more for it. Gage is an alpha type shifter who is not afraid of a little fun but who initially isn't looking to settle down. When these two meet, Gage knows Elena is a potential mate but thinks he can just get her out of his system and move on. Well, things don't quite end up like that.

The story is cute and funny at times. It's sexy and has some action. However, it stayed pretty "middle-of-the-road" for me personally. There wasn't anything that real
Jessie Lane
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Walk On The Striped Side is now LIVE!
Available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and AllRomance. Kobo coming soon!
Thank you to my amazing editors and beta readers - I LOVE you girls!
Nikki
Just finished! It was freaking awesome and I'm already salivating for book three!

"What says 'I love you'? A flamethrower"

Oh My Freaking God! This book was so fabulously awesome I don't even know where to start! I read BBB for the first time a while ago and then again more recently when I knew WOTSS was going to release so I could refresh my memory. Both times I was left wanting Gage's book immediately! Normally I'm an impatient person, but I have to say, this was totally worth the wait! Jessi
Alizon
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
Okay. I really liked the first book in this series, even though it was a bit heavy on the setting's details. The bitchy, bad-ass heroine was something that I totally dug because I'm so sick of the females being whiny prima donnas. So I was over-the-moon excited about this book, and Jessie Lane didn't disappoint.

The details on the character's settings were dialed back to just right, the characters were humorous and fun to read, and although there wasn't a lot of action compared to the last book,
Kristin Campbell
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
Oh. My. God! I lmao throughout this entire book! The spider! I loved the spider scenes! bwahahhhaha!

You get a lot of back story on Gage and Elena before it jumps in where Big Bad Bite leaves off. You have to understand their past to understand their anger when Elena and her sisters come into the scene at the end of BBB.

Of course, there are bad a**, female warrior, kick-all-your-a**es scenes in this book. Loved it! You thought Jenna was crazy? Psh, wait until you meet Elena and her twitchy eye!
Emily
Elena Demos lived her life with one firm rule, never fall in love. She was anti-monogamy which had been ingrained in her by her mother since birth. As aggravating as Gage Ivanov makes her, Elena finds herself breaking the rule and ready to declare her feelings that is until she overhears Gage and his candid opinion of her.

Two years later Elena is still pissed and when she learns the truth about her family, she finds herself in the path of Gage again and revenge could not be more sweet. However,
Brenda Demko
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'd give it four and a half stars if I could! I liked the first book Big Bad Bite so it was no surprise that I really liked this one as well.

First of all, you have shifters, hot Alpha males, a snarky, sassy, kick a** heroine who has a hilarious extreme fear of spiders, more laughs than any book has a right to give, awesome chemistry and banter between the characters, lots of steamy sexiness, some suspense, romance, and lots of action (both kinds!).

There is a good bit of necessary character devel
Coyora Dokusho
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
I've recently made the acquaintance of a darling little phrase "flip her sh*t". I am enchanted. However, like anything else, overuse results in fatigue and if the author uses it ONE MORE TIME, I will completely flip my sh*t. XD (>.<)

Towards the end of the book, "baby batter" was introduced as well. And then used... (I'm not actually gonna count this, but I'll estimate...) at least 8 times. In around 10 pages. The thesaurus is your friend!! It loves you!!! *Use* the thesaurus.

And then, the
Nina
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“You injected me with your baby batter” I almost died after that one. A sexy good read.. has action as well as humor and good sex. Strong characters, alpha males.
Safe read
JJH--Judy
I really did love this book! It is probably the best shifter story I have read in a long time. There may be some possible mild spoilers (I try to be vague) in this review, so keep that in mind if you continue.

The characters were so entertaining--even the secondary ones added a lot to the enjoyment (I thought the h's sisters were hysterical, especially when they were together!). I also loved the H's brother--I hope all these characters get their own book!

Gage, the male lead, is a great possessive
Ansu
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am going to be in the minority here as I was not blown away by this book. For me a romance novel is either made or broken by the heroine. In this case I found the heroine Elena to be way too aggressive for my taste, she came across as a bully.There was nothing soft about her and I just could not like her the entire book.

I was also not a fan of her interactions with her sisters, the constant bickering and the physical fighting was simply ridiculous, theses where grown ass women behaving like 8
Charlene
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tiger-shifter
I'm a sucker for tiger shifters and have been ever since Shelly Laurenston hooked me on them with "Here Kitty, Kitty". I chose to read "Walk on the Striped Side" before the first book in the series to place a new-to-me author at an advantage. It was a good decision.

Gage Ivanov (quintessential shifter/elite ops soldier) finds his mate in Elena Demos (Marine MP/weapons expert), but rejects her because she is human, and they remain apart for two years. No biological imperative forcing the mating is
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
In the interest of full disclosure, I did have the opportunity to beta read this book before publication. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed my read of WOTSS.

The chemistry between Gage and Elena is obvious from the get go. We get a glimpse of their history, then jump forward to today. They have a run in because of what Elena now does for work and something that happened with Gage's sister, Lulu.

Elena is awesome. She is a kick ass woman from a big family of kick ass women. Gage is, well ...
Kbrazell
Loved this book! The main couple was great and I loved their personalities separately but wow I loved their relationship!

I especially love the respective families! Elena's sisters were perfect - cannot wait to read more about them!

And from the first book I was crazy intrigued about Gage and his brother Alec (didn't get to see much about Lulu). And now I am super excited to learn more about the Russian Tiger shifters!!

Super excited about reading the next in this series!
Deb B
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
i really loved this. simple, easy reading, plenty of fun and plenty of action. lots of sass. great author. read all four books one after the other and they can each pretty much stand alone though there is lots to gain from reading them from the start

9.11.18 - great reading, super fun. doesn't tax the brain and kept me laughing and grinning start to end - just what I needed
Varied Books
Too much sarcastic banter between H/h or between family . Got annoying though some of it was funny. Author was trying too hard.

Too much inner dialogue dragged the story down.

I liked the story. Sex scenes were erotic & hot.
Joanne Dee
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great read. A super hot Tiger shifter pursuing his mate, at the same time thwarting some extremely nasty wolves.
Andrea Heltsley
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
Loving this series! Wish the next book was on audiobook. The narrator and author work well together. Five glittery stars!
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Some amusing moments but it just felt like it was trying to hard. Also lots of plot holes, typos in the book and characters that I never really loved.
Pet
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars.

I really enjoyed this story, when it didn't stomp all over my inner feminists toes.
I would honestly give it a full 4 stars on the pure kick ass power that is Elena, but while I love a strong h, it doesn't make some of the the things Gage did ok.

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
3.5 Stars

Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2014/03/review-...

Favorite Quote:”I’ve decided the civilian world can’t handle all the awesomeness known as me.”

Elena Demos is having a terrible day. Her mother has passed away, her sisters are getting on her nerves, she’s just found out she is descended from Amazons, and in order to get her inheritance she has to join the family investigation business. But things are looking up because her first case is involves proving the sister of the man w
Lucy Dosch
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Gage first met Elena she was an MP and more than willing to go toe-to-toe with him, a superior officer. A Siberian Tiger shifter like Gage isn’t used to meeting many females who would challenge him. She might have his tiger intrigued, but as a possible mate, he knew her frail humanity was something he didn’t want to get involved with long-term. So after a brief but very satisfying affair, Gage pushed Elena away–hard.

Two years later, the heartbroken Elena is back in his life and this time, G
Proserpine
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Why:
I had the opportunity to read the first novel in this series: Big Bad Bite
http://proserpinecravedfor.blogspot.c... and I loved it! In addition, the author Jessie Lane also offered me the chance to read another novel, Secret Maneuvers http://proserpinecravedfor.blogspot.c... which is not a paranormal romance, but I still loved it, and even blessed! So I didn't resist when the opportunity was presented to me to participate in this blog tour!

Expectations:
Since I enjoyed the first book of this s
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of the book from the Author to give a truthful review.
I loved Big Bad Bite and I really liked Gage, Alex, and Vera Ivanov in that book. In Walk on the Striped Side we get to see more of Gage and are also introduced to Elena. Elena is tough, spunky, and did I mention stubborn. If you haven’t noticed I love tough, spunky, strong women that stand up for themselves and give their man a run for their money. I was bouncing in my chair messaging my friend and fellow blogger, Twinsie
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at:
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/twinsietalk
@twinsetalk

I recevied this book for an honest reviews.

O.M.G.!! I loved book 1 but this book kicked book 1's butt allll over the place!! OMG I fell in love with Gage in Jenna's story but seeing him fall in love was amazeballs!! Seeing a player get his butt kicked is a great read!!

So We see Gage and Elena's realtionships and chance meetings from 2010 until the present day. The first meeting his Mate instincts kick
Rustys
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Walked on the Striped Side 4 Star Review
So right from the start I liked Elena Demos. She is a strong woman who doesn’t back down from a situation even if, there’s a humongous man in her face.

An army MP she knows how to handle weapons but it’s the strangest thing how a little spider can cause her to go ballistic.

Gage Ivanov a member of a special forces team had me at,
“What do you mean I can’t pick up my weapon.” yep, first line in the book and I knew I was hooked.

He’s ferocious, six foot five
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed at www.TheBookNympho.com

Just when I was enjoying Big Bad Bite, here comes Walk On The Striped Side. I love me some big cat shifters and Gage is one hot alpha tiger! I’d love to be his catnip.

While Walk On The Striped Side is the 2nd book in the Big Bad Bite series is could be read without reading the first book Big Bad Bite but I highly recommend starting with Big Bad Bite because there is a plot line that starts in BBB that carries over to WOTSS and will most likely continue
Sandra
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I did a re-read of the 1st book as a refresher and I'm glad I did as really, the story just continued on, just with different MC. All the old gang was there and the Corvus Pack storyline is ongoing.

So, the man-whore Gage, tiger shifter, Special Ops, broke up with the human girl Elena (Sgt Demos, MP), in a very nasty way, two years before Big Bad Bite (first book). He has come to regret this and would love to fix it but doesn't know where she is.

Elena, meanwhile, heartbroken, has found out she is
Rebecca
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I read a preview of a book called Big Bad Bite just by chance about a month ago, it intrigued me so I one clicked . Really enjoyed it and I loved Adam and Jenna but will confess when Gage and Alec came onto the scene I wanted Jenna to be with one of them - what can I say I'm a sucker for tiger shifters who are tall , built and hawt!

'Walk On The Striped Side' is Gage and Elena's story ~ it's well written & full of humour and I laughed out loud many times no matter where I was (cue the strang
Desirae (Dee)
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided for honest review**

wOW. Now, I liked Big bad Bite. I mean, hello, Adam, enough said. but Gage.... GAGE people, GAGE! Good lord. There is so much I liked about this book. In fact, I like it much more than I liked Big Bad Bite, and I liked that one A LOT . There were so many things about Gage that just got my purring like the big cat he is. Rubbing his face on her chest.. hot... alpha male.. hot...big tough guy... hot... strong female lead...check. Do you really need me to continue?
  • Vengeance Aside (Wanted Men (Prequel))
  • Searing Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #7)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Animal Attraction (Alaskan Werewolf, #1)
  • Vengeance
  • Total D*ck (Bad Bitch, #3)
  • Framed
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male, #2)
  • Pleasures Untold (Hanaford Park, #2)
  • Far From Heaven
  • Blade of Moonlight (Midnight Justice #1)
Jessie Lane is a best-selling author of Paranormal and Contemporary Romance, as well as, Upper YA Paranormal Romance/Fantasy. She lives in Kentucky with her two little Rock Chicks in-the-making and her over protective alpha husband that she's pretty sure is a latent grizzly bear shifter. She has a passionate love for reading and writing naughty romance, cliff hanging suspense, and out-of-this-worl ...more

Big Bad Bite (4 books)
  • Big Bad Bite (Big Bad Bite, #1)
  • Big Bad Bite Returned (Big Bad Bite, #2.5)
  • The Demon Who Loved Me (Big Bad Bite, #3)
“Gage’s low gruff voice whispered back. “Don’t you get it by now? You carry my heart with you wherever you go. Whether you’re right by my side or half a world away from me, you carry everything I am with you. So I need you to protect that by keeping yourself alive, because if you die, I die with you.” - Gage” 3 likes
“I’d be happy to show you that I’m the only man who knows exactly how deep, high and rough you like it, love.” - Gage” 3 likes