Start by marking “Fast Tract Digestion Heartburn” as Want to Read:
Fast Tract Digestion Heartburn

Fast Tract Digestion Heartburn

New paradigm for your healthy gut. Fast Tract Digestion Heartburn is the first book to define and address the real cause of acid reflux. Acid reflux occurs as a result of digestive malabsorption of five difficult-to-digest carbohydrates. It leads to the overgrowth of gas-producing bacteria in the small intestine and the gas pressure drives acid reflux. Dropping a Mentos in ...more
Published April 12th 2012 by Self Health Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fast Tract Digestion Heartburn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fast Tract Digestion Heartburn

Mardel Fehrenbach
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by a friend. Since this particular friend is strictly low-carb, almost to the point of fanatacism, and she knows that I manage my own heartburn issues by managing carb levels, (but not nearly as strictly) I assumed this book would be another text recommending the complete abandonment of carbohydrates in the diet.

I was pleased however, to learn that my assumptions were incorrect. Although Dr. Robillard does recommend a diet far lower in carbs than is common in the
Kristin
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything in this book makes so much sense, given my own experience with GERD. I ditched my PPIs four days ago and instituted a grain- and potato-less diet to correct these issues, but now I plan on incorporating Dr Robillard's advice about FP levels of different foods to fine-tune things. If it works as well as it sounds like it should, this will be the best $10 I ever spent!
Joe Marley
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This makes sense. Certain foods have hard to digest starches. Those starches ferment in the intestines which creates gas. That gas goes up through the intestines and stomach, forcing the esophageal sphincter open and letting acid into the throat. That explains why reflux makes you burp. I just have to avoid foods with those starches. Hooray for science!
Adam Escobar
Dec 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The premise of this book is that heartburn is caused by gas produced in the small intestine by harmful bacteria that thrive on carbohydrate that is difficult to digest. For this reason he recommends avoiding whole grains, and fiber. Foods with the highest glycemic index (white bread, and table sugar) are easiest to digest, so most of your daily carbohydrate should come from such foods.
This is very bad advice, and it is not sustainable. Simple carbohydrates can lead to candida, not to mention dia
Phaedon
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've only just started following this diet, so I suppose the proof of this pudding will require a few more weeks of low-carbohydrate eating. Having said that, I already feel very positive about the read simply because it gives such unambiguous clear instructions - something that can't be said for most of the GERD and diet advice out there.

The meat of the book is in the first half. The recipes I'm sure are fine but weren't very useful to me. I do think that it's essential to also download the mob
charyn c weaver
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Informative

I agree with most, except for high fructose corn syrup. I think HFCS cause more damage to the stomach and small intestine than realized.
katherine rappaport
May 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kindle version in readable

Can't view food charts easily making it unreadable and therefore not useful. Would love to return for book or find a solution to view easily.
Justin
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gerd
The most reasonable (though still somewhat biased) book on GERD I've read thus far.
I probably won't buy this though as it is easy enough to understand/do without the book
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Helpful, scientific read

I was walking through a journey trying to discover if i had GERD and this book(though often above my head!) was extremely helpful.
Christine
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good info

This was interesting and informative . I will definitely give the diet a whirl to see if it does clear up my issues. The book was a little more technical than I personally wanted to read. I would rather it just given a more abbreviated explanation of the diet and then gotten to the actual plan. Additionally, I would have liked to have the calories listed as I want to use that info as part of my diet selection. Am interested in possibly downloading the app because I certainly don't want
Meladmin
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this after trying the Dropping Acid approach, which helped alleviate some symptoms but did not affect others. This book aims to address the root cause and I believe the approaches in both books can be used in conjunction.

The theories in this book seem logical and research based. I really appreciate that his appendices are so extensive. This book was designed for practical use and although it will be tough to follow the diet, the author made it as easy as possible to implement.

I'll write
AnnieWell
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
An evidenced-based approach laid out with clarity and plain language by a qualified expert in the field ... informative and educational. Easy to follow instructions, and a superb set of tables to assist in "decoding" and calculating totals for our meals and daily food intake, for various foods' fermentation potential.
Karen McLinden
rated it did not like it
Aug 14, 2018
May 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Alignment Matters: The First Five Years of Katy Says
  • IBS - Free at Last!
  • Chronic Resilience: 10 Sanity-Saving Stratgies for Women Coping with the Stress of Illness
  • Mosaic
  • Scones (Scrumptious Scones, Simply the Best Scone Recipes)
  • Fifty Soups
  • Learn French With Stories: 7 Short Stories For Beginner and Intermediate Students
  • How to De-clutter and Make Money Now: Turn Clutter Into Cash with The One-Minute Organizer (Organizing for Simple Living)
  • The Pain Nurse (Will Borders #1)
  • Hungarian Cookbook: Old World Recipes for New World Cooks, Expanded Edition
  • Artificial Intelligence: The Basics
  • Store This! Simple Home Storage Systems & House Organization Solutions
  • RV Cooking Cookbook
  • Low Gi Belly Fat Diet - The Flat Belly Action Plan
  • Top 30 Easy Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes for Busy Women: Set It and Forget It (First Vegetarian Recipes Cookbook for Busy Women Vol. 2)
  • The Goddess Abides
  • Unclutter Your Life! How to Tame Your Mess, Calm Your Mind, Lighten your Load
  • Aprovecho: A Mexican-American Border Cookbook (Hippocrene Cookbook Library)
YOUR HEALTH DEPENDS ON THE BACTERIA IN YOUR GUT

Norm Robillard, Ph.D. is an author, microbiologist and researcher who worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 20 years. He is also the founder of Digestive Health Institute.

Dr. Robillard helps people with a variety of digestive health issues that don't respond to conventional treatments. He focuses on the root cause of these conditions and applies s