Start by marking “The Cowboy's Unexpected Family (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Unexpected Family (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #3)

The Cowboy's Unexpected Family (Cowboys of Eden Valley #3)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  100 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Her dream-on her terms With her own business, Cassie Godfrey is finally self-sufficient. But her plans are interrupted by four young orphans-and one persistent cowboy. If she'll care for the children until their uncle claims them, Roper Jones will build Cassie's house. To her business mind, the proposal makes sense. To her independent spirit, it's a reminder of the commitm ...more
Published March 1st 2013 by Love Inspired Historical

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Unexpected Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Unexpected Family

Salyna
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me alittle while for a Love Inspired book. It was a good book with a good story, but I was not a fan of the way it was written. I feel like it was alittle choppy.

I really did like the story though. It was about learning how to love again without feeling like it's an obligation. Cassie struggled with this because of her past. She felt she couldn't accept anything from anybody without giving something in return, because she hated feeling like she owed something. In her opinion that
Mikki Cober
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Linda Ford has written a sweet, touching story that takes place in the late 1800's. The hero and heroine of this story face the pain of dealing with their own personal loss, and as they care for four orphaned children, learn to trust each other. The trust leads to love, and eventually they overcome their own personal demons and learn how to give away their hearts in order to find what they both are so desperately looking for - family.
Jen
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a touching story. Sometimes in life we don't have the best beginning, and therefore we feel that our life won't get any better or be happy due to our past, but stories like this reminds me that my past do not determine my future. I have to believe and work so that I can be happy. I believe we all have this choice if we choose to. So I say take chances and you may be surprised at the outcome.
Michele Benchouk
I found the beginning of this book VERY repetitive, always talking about Cassie's particular angst. But it got better once things began to warm up with Roper. In the end, the storyline was nice and fulfilling.
Robin
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

Lovely book, great characters, wonderful story line. I enjoyed the book but there were a couple of times I wanted to see more happen between certain characters.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Cowboys of Eden Valley
Category: Inspirational Romance
John Hanscom
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, well written book, though, I hope, someday, someone will explain to me romance writers fascination with cowboys.
Melissa
I enjoyed the book, it was a touching story of learning to love someone without feeling you have to repay them. But in my opinion, it went on a little to long...
Harlequin Books
Barbara
Jun 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 18, 2015 11:56AM
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and
More about Linda Ford...

Cowboys of Eden Valley (7 books)
  • The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas
  • The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Convenient Proposal (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #4)
  • Claiming the Cowboy's Heart (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #5)
  • Winning Over the Wrangler (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #6)
  • Falling for the Rancher Father (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #7)