Start by marking “Inky the Indigo Fairy” as Want to Read:
Inky the Indigo Fairy

Inky the Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic #6)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  1,901 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
The seven Rainbow Fairies are missing! Rachel and Kirsty search for one in each RAINBOW MAGIC book. Read all seven books to help rescue the fairies and bring the sparkle back to Fairyland! Fairyland is home to seven colorful sisters. Together, they are the Rainbow Fairies! They keep Fairyland dazzling and bright. But when evil Jack Frost sends them far away, the sisters ar ...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published May 29th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Inky the Indigo Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inky the Indigo Fairy

Irene
Mar 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Recommended to Irene by: Isabelle's 1st Grade Classmate
This book deviates from the formulaic storytelling of previous books in the series. Instead of finding a fairy somewhere on the island, the girls are magically transported to the Land of Sweets. There, they meet all sorts of candy characters, which makes for fun reading. The goblins are there, too, and this time, they even get so far as to carry Izzy / Inky off!

What really interested me about this book, though, is that the version published in the US, Inky the Indigo Fairy, has a different name
Eva Leger
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: julias-books
I'm amazed at how the author manages to make each of these books different. They each follow the same plot of course so one would think it's get old on say, the second book. This is the second to last book in the Rainbow Fairy series and so far they've each been quite different.
They all *could* be read alone although I really wouldn't recommend it.
And these are so fast - I read them to my 5 year old daughter (who LOVES them) and we usually get through one book in about two days or two sittings
Mckayla
Jul 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chak
May 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid
Jewel fairies weren't enough. Now, we're on the rainbow fairies series, and after this is all over, I think there are days of the week fairies, and maybe even rock 'n roll or some sort of music fairies. Oh brother. This book featured the same brand of formulaic hijinx as was found in the jewel fairies series, with the same human characters (Rachel and Kirsty) as well as the same King Oberon/Queen Titiana vs. evil Jack Frost conflict. Unsurprisingly, it also features the same logical inconsistenc ...more
Isabel
Mar 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elf-s-self
I liked Inky because indigo is the color of ink and indigo was in a lot of pens. I liked it because in the jelly bean field when the goblins were rolling the barrell the barrell smashed and cocoa powder exploded all over the air and Inky was coughing and so were Kristy and Rachel.

Misha
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I think this book is very adventrous and magical.This book is about two girls which are called rachel and kristy they always meet a magical fairy which is a coulour fairy.All seven fairys have a special colour.
Meredith
Very quick read! I love fairies!
Gabby
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still not quite sure why they changed Izzy to Inky. They're both good names.
Abigail
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, library
I liked this book because I like the colour indigo and there was a bubble gum tree and that was funny. The Indigo Fairy was very pretty.
Sophia
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read a hundred of these, literally this series goes on forever, when I was in kindergarten. the plot is almost the same in every book but being s little kid, I didn't care. this series is great for little girls (or boys) that like reading
Dolly
Mar 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the sixth book in the original Rainbow Magic series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. This series is the first of the many (about 125!) books in the Rainbow Magic series (yes, it confused me at first, too.) In any case, I'm not sure why we waited so long to read these original books, as now our oldest is finally reading about how Rachel and Kirsty got together with the fairies in the first place. Our oldest took a little break from fairies, but is getting int ...more
Sophia
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was different to the others in an interesting way. It was raining on the island Rachel and Kirsty are on and they were stuck inside. They saw the bookcase on the wall in Rachel's room and picked out the book of fairy tales. Suddenly, they were swept into the book and were dropped into the magical world of the Land of Sweets. It was fun to see a different world and the people (or elves) that lived there. I loved the fact that Izzy was slightly more mischievous than her sisters and that ...more
Priya Appleby
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
$hanel
Mar 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two of the rainbow fairies are still out to find. If they are not found then fairyland will be gray forever! Thsi is all Jack Frost`s fault (I hate him!) One rainy day at RainSpell Island brings Rachel and Kirsty indoors and reading. While everything seems peaceful at first, Rachel and Kirsty soon find each other in The Land of Sweets. Could Inky the Indigo fairy be waiting in The Land of Sweets for them? ...more
Iburke
What were Rachel and Kirsty trying to find?

Rachel and Kirsty are trying to find all seven rainbow fairies. They are looking for Inky the Indigo Fairy now.

What happened to Rachel and Kirsty at the end of the chapter?

Rachel and Kristy are in the book in a snow storm.

Rachel and Kirsty were not walking in snow. What were they really walking in?
Cecelia
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was raining outside so Rachel and Kristy couldn't go out and look for the second to last Rainbow Fairy. Instead, they read a fairy tale book and some snowflakes pop out of the book and whisks them into the Nutcracker fairy tale. That's where Inky the Indigo Fairy is hiding. She accidentally makes almost everything indigo in Nutcracker Village.
Julia Winknler
Nov 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thhis is nearly the last book that you have to read to know what will happen at the end of teh book you have to go on reding where we will INKY! She has been able to fly inide a book ! Will Kirsty and rachel find her? Nad if they will , how will they get her out of her book Rhis is a very stange story , but one you have to laugh at!
Makayla Partin
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this book but I do the summer reading program at my local library. And all I have to do is read for 20 minutes. Well these books take me about 40 minutes and when I got to the end of this one I still had 1:30 seconds left and I've read like every letter in that book.
Ori Rivault
I do not mean to come off as rude but I would much rather have never read this.

The characters were ok, and the storyline was decent enough, but I did not like it at all.
It wasn't terrible, and it wasn't a cheap knockoff of something better,
I just wasn't a fan.
Reagan
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel and Kristy only have two more fairies two find! When they found Inky they were so happy! Then the three friends went to the land sugar and plum. When they got there they tried to get to fairy land from there.
Kristen
I think you just have to be seven years old to enjoy these books properly, because I didn't like this one very much. It did remind me of the old TV show Rainbow Brite very strongly, though, so I probably would have liked these books as a kid.
Natalie Pehrson
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that it was cool how they went into the Nutcracker story. I like the stories but it would be cooler if each fairy was her own chapter in a book of just rainbow fairies or just animal fairies.
Theresa
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
one of my daughters books talks about fairies and friendship and the rolles we play in our lives
Pragathi
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well i dont now what to say um... it was a good book inky ends up in a magical book
Jessica Comley
It is very simple and perfect for light reading. I really enjoyed it! This one is defiantly one of my favourite Daisy Meadow books.
Tom Yam
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
nice
Gracie
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Izzy the Indigo Fairy is up to her usual mischief. Rachel and Kirsty must fly to the luscious Land of Sweets and bring her back to the pot.
Abbie
It's really good. I was nervous when it was raining at first and they thought Inky was outside. But really she was in a book of the sugar plum princess. I liked this book!
Aubrie
Feb 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one because they went into the land of sweets from the Nutcracker!
  • A Dream Come True (Magic Pony, #1)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go (Ivy and Bean, #2)
  • The Magic Spell (My Secret Unicorn, #1)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • The Mystery of Flight 54 (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #12)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • The Worst Gymnast
  • The Pet Store Sprite (Pixie Tricks, #3)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • A Summer Spell (Magic Kitten, #1)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Out to Lunch (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #2)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Magic (1 - 10 of 215 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)
  • Goldie The Sunshine Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #11; Weather Fairies, #4)