Start by marking “Entangled” as Want to Read:
Entangled

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Entangled

(Entangled #1)

"Alone was the note Cade knew best. It was the root of all her chords."

Seventeen-year-old Cade is a fierce survivor, solo in the universe with her cherry-red guitar. Or so she thought. Her world shakes apart when a hologram named Mr. Niven tells her she was created in a lab in the year 3112, then entangled at a sub-atomic level with a boy named Xan.

Cade's quest to locate
Published October 1st 2013 by Houghton Mifflin

To ask other readers questions about Entangled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entangled

Start your review of Entangled
Lindsay
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In a universe where humans are reviled because of their inability to cope with extended space travel, a human girl discovers that she might be the answer to humanity's problems, but first she needs to save the boy.

Cade grows up without memory of her early life on a planet that she hates and where she can barely make a living. That all changes when she's given some insight into her origins and she sets off to rescue Xan, her quantum entangled partner. In the process she joins up with a ship, a
Angie
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

The blurb for Entangled seriously had me going “huh?” And that is exactly how I still felt at the end of it. That was just weird, and mostly not in a good way. I’m also terribly confused about almost everything that happened. Entangled is the bizarre Sci-Fi adventure of Cade, a human girl with her guitar trapped on some alien planet. After a show, Cade learns that her particles are entangled with a boy’s after they were experimented on as babies, and now he
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Pages Read: 7 (so take my opinion for what it's worth, which is not much)

DNFing because I don't care for the writing style or the way the world building is being shoved in my face. It's a stream of places, terms, etc that have no meaning to me. Early reviews have not been encouraging, and, with quite a few books waiting, I'm moving on to something more immediately compelling.
Summary:
Cade just wants to spend her life playing her guitar. Unfortunately, she finds out that she is tied to Xan and is fated to save the human race. In this space related adventure, Cade makes some new friends who make decisions to change the possible outcomes of the future.

My thoughts:
My summary is rather short because there are a lot of things within the plot that are best just to be read. As in all science fiction, the intricacies are harder to explain rather than just to read and see them
Sarah Blincoe
I wasn't a big fan of how the plot of this book ended out because it had a really awesome concept budding. Entangled is this new way of being born without parents and the search to find the other half that Cade was entangled with. It was not a very engaging adventure and I almost did not complete it. There are way better books in the science fiction genre that are actually worth reading
Abigail Singer
Rating: PG
Writing style: 2/5
Likable characters: 3/5
Plot/Concepts: 3/5
Cade has been trying to drive the Noise out of her head for as long as she can remember, but the day it finally leaves is the day the holograph of a dead scientist informs her that she was raised as part of project QE, joined to another child via Quantum Entanglement. Now she must hurry to find her other half, Xan, or else she
Krys

Entangled is an upcoming debut by Amy Rose Capetta. I downloaded it on a whim through Netgalley several weeks ago. I didn’t expect to love this book, but I do. It’s shot up into my favourites for the year.

Cade has always fought against the Noise, an invasive force that pervades her consciousness. Armed with her guitar, Cherry-Red, and attitude she fends off the sounds as best as she can. When a hologram named Mr. Niven informs her that she was created by Firstbloom everything that Cade knows is
Dianne
As if being a teen doesn’t have enough stress, try it when you are alone in a dystopian world, hearing noises and voices in your head and discovering somewhere out in the universe, you are entangled with another being. Amy Rose Capetta’s Entangled is a new twist in the YA Dystopian/Sci-fi world with a colorful cast of characters that add to the intrigue of Cade’s quest. Her ability to build Cade's world and her character's feelings goes far to make Entangled an engaging read!

Entangled is the
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youngadult, sci-fi, aliens
Quite a crazy ride of a space adventure with aliens, a living spaceship and music that means the world to the main character Cade. She's on an adventure to find her other half across the universe. I really loved the adventure and characters, especially the living ship.
Jasmyn
This was an amazing sci-fi adventure with a nice theory about music behind it. Cade is unique - she lives in a world filled with static, and only the right kind of music from her guitar can make it fade for a little while. Then one day she seems to break through and it all goes away - but a strange man shows up with a bit of a history lesson for her. The history of her life. And it isn't anything like what she thought.

She is one of a pair of babies - bonded in a strange new molecular way called
Jenna
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a refreshing change from a lot of the young adult novels I've read as of late. Finally having a female character that wasn't self deprecating and relying on a man to fortify her worth was a much needed change of pace in this category of writing. That alone makes this book worth reading because it is different!

At first I was hesitant about the story with the way in which it opens; I wasn't sure it would be for me, but once I got a few chapters in to the novel I was very
E
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"It's like Firefly, and the main character has an electric guitar," was what I heard about this book at BEA, so I was absolutely up for this.

It lived up to its promise. A fun science fiction adventure, with the promised guitar, interesting alien races, menacing bad guys and a good ensemble spaceship crew. I'm a big fan of some of the perils the worldbuilding creates.
Though on reflection, I think it was more reminiscent of Farscape than Firefly. In a way that worked for me.

Thing that didn't
Cheryl
Nov 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First I was attracted to this book by the cover and then by the concept of the story. Sadly, my joy quickly dissipated. If hearing a change in the music is Cade's gift and how she connects with Xan, then this is truly sad. I know I did not read long enough for me to really experience the connection that Cade shared with Xan, however I just could not put myself through finishing this book.

I agree with the readers that the author was descriptive in her writing but at the same time, I found that
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Savannah
Cover Story: Mostly Harmless
BFF Charm: Shiny
Swoonworthy Scale: 5
Talky Talk: Life, the Universe, and Everything
Bonus Factors: Lovable Misfits
Anti-Bonus Factor: Bistromatics (i.e., Seriously Sci-Fi)
Relationship Status: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Read the full book report here.
Kristen
This is really more of a 2.5 star, since it had a pretty strong beginning and I was interested enough in the main character to keep reading until the end. However, I found the writing style fairly clunky and was really disappointed in the ending. It's also a bit of an odd duck; I can't think of any good read-a-likes.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Touted as "Star Wars meets Graceling". Um, yes, PLEASE!
Robyn
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
A story best enjoyed without thinking about it too hard. I liked the main character, but found it uneven.
Joel
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Megan Qualls
It was very cool to read a sci-fi novel with a strong foundation in music. At first, I didn't like the gritty, too-tough-for-the-world attitude of Cadence. However, I really enjoyed the friendships she forged. The whole book happens occurs within a span of days and passes quickly, especially when she finally meets her entangled partner. I was bittersweet about their relationship (but I'm rooting for Rennik! I can't wait to read the second book!)
I had the pleasure of meeting Amy Rose Capetta and
Cortney
I loved this book. I loved the entire idea behind it and the way the story was moving. Until the ending. I have NEVER not finished a series of books. If I start a series, I finish it all the way through. The ending of Entangled was so unexpected and different than what I wanted to happen that I never want to finish it. It has been a few years since I’ve read it, so I might be willing to reread it and give the next book a try, but I am hesitant considering how mad it made me in the past.
Savannah Helmer
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! "Entangled" was a fast paced read and very thrilling. I'm not very "into" space related stories, but this story from Anne Capetta had me trailing after Cade's galactic journey as fast as I had time to spare from my "real life". Thoroughly enjoyed and can't wait to read the next book!
Sara
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, ya-books
Found the writing style to be very confusing.
Jackie
Book Info

Expected publication: October 1st 2013 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for Children
ASIN B00AUZS6E2
Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

AMAZON

B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Alone was the note Cade knew best. It was the root of all her chords.

Christa  Seeley
This review originally posted at More Than Just Magic

If there is one thing I adore it’s stories set in space. The reason for this is no mystery. It’s all because of Star Wars. I devoured the original movies as a kid. Watching them over and over again, falling asleep to my favourite scenes. Those movies had everything! Action, adventure, romance, battles, aliens, a bad ass princess. And best of all it took place in space.

There’s a lot of good YA science fiction out there but there isn’t a lot of
Clare dooley
I received this book for an honest review. I give this book 4 $ $ $ $ on my blog http://mouseheadandtales@weebly.com .

TITLE: Entangled

Author: Amy Rose Capetta

GENRE: YA, Dystopian, Sci-fi

BRIEF SYNOPSIS: A pair of genetically altered children from a lab on the planet Firstbloom are "Entangled". The lab was raided, the scientists killed, and we begin the book through the eyes of Cadence.
Cadence a.k.a Cade are on a seedy planet where she lives alone in a bunker in the desert and lives for Saturday
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-or-galley
This review and others on my blog My Friends Are Fiction

Actual rating 3.5

A copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for a honest review

The Story:
Entangled is fast paced, entertaining and an overall fun science fiction book. After rereading the summary I shouldn’t have been surprised like I was with the strong undertone of music–the cherry-red guitar should have tipped me off. I enjoyed this little bit thrown in and felt it was unique to Cade and her outlook.

As I read any science fiction
Haley
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was different from what I expected. There were some parts of it I liked, and some that I didn’t. I liked the characters and the sci-fi stuff. I didn’t like how the writing style confused me by using too many metaphors and futuristic slang. Sometimes the writing flowed well and reminded me of Uglies by Scott Westerfeld or Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, but sometimes it felt like a mess and I could only skim. Overall, it was fast paced and entertaining and kind of fun.
I loved the
Pages: 336
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult, Romance
Rating: 3/5
Source: Netgalley

Seventeen-year-old Cade has been alone for years. Aliens had invaded her planet long ago, changing everything. Now she lives apart from the other humans and aliens, having nothing to do with them for her own safety. The only thing she holds true to her heart is her cherry red guitar. But her thoughts of life change when
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I have to say that I'm really into sci-fi right now. So any time I get to pick one up that captures my attention I get really excited. A few months back I got to read the first few chapters of this book online. I fell knee deep into it, begging for an ARC, but alas did not receive one. When I was finally able to buy a copy, I gobble it up.

Blurb from Goodreads:
Alone was the note Cade knew best. It was the root of all her chords.
Seventeen-year-old Cade is a fierce survivor, solo in the universe
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Legal Drug, Volume 03
  • Flesh for the Beast
  • Just a Girl: Book 1
  • The Royal Family: A Year By Year Chronicle of the
  • J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography
  • The Knockout Makers, Volume 1
  • A Blade So Black (Nightmare-Verse, #1)
  • Knockout Makers, The Volume 2
  • Unhooked
  • Blanca & Roja
  • Cured (Stung, #2)
  • The Lying Woods
  • Freakling (Psi Chronicles, #1)
  • 魔法少女サイト 1 [Mahou Shoujo Site 1] (Magical Girl Site, #1)
  • You Were Here
  • The Color of Rain
  • Breaking Sky
  • All the Bad Apples
Amy Rose Capetta, the author of Echo After Echo, holds a master of fine arts in writing for children and young adults from Vermont College of Fine Arts. She lives in Vermont with her partner, author Cori McCarthy, and their young son.

Entangled (2 books)