Start by marking “A.C.E.S. - Adult-Child Entitlement Syndrome” as Want to Read:
A.C.E.S. - Adult-Child Entitlement Syndrome

Read Excerpt

A.C.E.S. - Adult-Child Entitlement Syndrome

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
In her galvanizing new book, A.C.E.S. - Adult-Child Entitlement Syndrome, Barbara Jaurequi provides a thorough and enlightening description of A.C.E.S., a widespread family dilemma in the United States today. Ms. Jaurequi developed her theory of A.C.E.S. through her successful work with hundreds of married couples and their Living-At-Home adult-children. Her book delivers ...more
Published December 18th 2012 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about A.C.E.S. - Adult-Child Entitlement Syndrome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A.C.E.S. - Adult-Child Entitlement Syndrome

RB
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A.C.E.S. - Adult-Child Entitlement Syndrome, by Barbara Jaurequi, informs parents of more than just the steps necessary to facilitate independence of an adult-child residing in their home. A book suitable for reading by older-teens and adults, A.C.E.S. - Adult-Child Entitlement Syndrome, fully describes the problem of A.C.E.S. in families and addresses the issues that commonly lead to its development.
The book provides parents with valuable information about how to avoid and/or remedy many marita
Jana Washington
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this as an ARC from Goodreads. I signed up for the giveaway because the description of the book sounded like the relationship between and the situation my mother and sister are in. I think the steps outlined in the book would do wonders for their situation, if they would only follow it. The author discusses inappropriate relationships, enabling, characteristics of parents and adult-children in the situation, sense of self, and the development of autonomy and personal responsibility. These ...more
Gerry Dee
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this clearly written and well explained book about Adult Child Entitlement Syndrome that I received from Goodreads. My interest stems from having a child who just won't leave home. I certainly recognized myself in multiple case studies that were presented.

The solution presented here seemed well thought out and workable. I wish there was a bit more in-depth material on what to do if things just don't work. And where to go to get this type of support.

The concept of the problem being part
Donna Barrack
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a practical book for today's parents faced with adult-children who don't seem able or motivated to grow up and out of their parents' home. I'm so glad I read this book before my own kids reach the college age because I know the traps and pitfalls that lie ahead. Great marriage advice for all inside the book. I highly recommend the book.
Tracy Morgan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't actually have kids yet, but I found this book a very interesting read. It gave me knowledge and ideas I hadn't thought of before. Definitely a great book to read for any parent or future parent.
Shelley Dowhanik-Baron
Help your adult child be an adult

Excellent practical advice on learning the skills to change your family dynamic. The inhapters on renovating your marriage were especially helpful. The book is from a perspective of helping your adult child become self sufficient and self responsible.
Caroline Anastasia Mccaskill
Teresa Lavender
Traci Hearty
Oct 03, 2013
Barbara Jaurequi
Oct 03, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Haven Gordon
Denise Tarasuk
Larry Hall
Erin
Oct 07, 2013
Barbara Jaurequi is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (L.M.F.T.) through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences which licenses her to practice psychotherapy with individuals, couples, families, teens/children and groups. She is also a Nationally Certified Master Addiction Counselor (M.A.C.) through NAADAC-The National Association for Addiction Professionals, which recognizes her specia ...more
More about Barbara Jaurequi