Start by marking “A Christmas Kindness” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Christmas Kindness

C.C. Gevry

A Christmas Kindness

Eight-year-old Robert is eager to share his wish list with Santa at the mall on Christmas Eve. When he meets Glenn, who only has one request for Santa, Robert is confused about what he should do. Can he cast aside what he wants and ask Santa to bring his new friend a special gift?
Published December 7th 2012 by 4rv Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Kindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Kindness

Start your review of A Christmas Kindness
Kasey Cocoa
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
This is a very short story for younger (under 10) children to listen to. Older readers may also enjoy the quick story, however, my son (13) thought it was too short and simple and that the words would be too complicated for younger children. Reading it out loud is a good idea and since it is short it should keep their attention for all 15 pages (some of which have illustrations). The story is a good one, the type that warms the heart. I would love to see this in a larger format with more illustr ...more
Beverly McClure
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A CHRISTMAS KINDNESS (Review)
By C. C. Gevry

Christmas! Santa! Trees! Gifts! The time of year that most children look forward to. They make their lists of the toys and books and games they want. They set out a snack for Santa. And dream of stockings filled with goodies. Unfortunately, many children’s dreams will not come true.

Author C. C. Gevry has written a delightful story for children that will touch your heart and make you cry and smile at the same time. In A CHRISTMAS KINDNESS, eight year-old
Jennifer Clausen-greene
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A delightful, heartwarming story that melts your heart. Perfect book to read with my children over these cold nights sitting by candlelight to kick off the holiday cheer.

A Christmas Kindness is a wonderful short story that draws you into true meaning of Christmas. You are engulfed with emotions and transformed by 8 year old Robert as he learns that Christmas is not about getting, but about giving to those who are less fortunate than you are. The illustrations are wonderful with an old timey fee
Maureen Timerman
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I had my boys attention as I read this book to them. They are ages 6 and 8, and really looking forward to Christmas.
They asked questions as we read along, and looked at the brightly colored illustrations. They started talking about the endless list of things they are asking for this year. When Robert was in line with the girl in front of him, they were not interested in what she wanted. Typical for them!
They started to get the real meaning of the story and the Christmas season when Glenn with t
Ruth Hill
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
It is not often that a simple children's book can nearly bring me to tears, but this one succeeded. There is nothing better than reading a story at Christmastime that reminds you that there are still good people and good kids in the world. This is one heartwarming Christmas story that you and your kids can read and enjoy. It will remind you of the true meaning of Christmas, and I believe that the author's purpose is accomplished.

I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I
Nancy Luebke