Start by marking “Mistletoe” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe

Mistletoe

Words: 37,740 (approximate)

Four-year-old Diana Clarke sends her wish to Santa Claus, but lost in the lining of a sack, it isn't discovered for thirty years. Now, Santa has a problem. No child's wish has ever gone unanswered, but the child isn't a child anymore. Believing there is nothing in Santa's Village to satisfy the little girl's wish now that she's an adult, he calls
Published December 2nd 2012 by Lyn Gardner via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe

Luffy
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Mistletoe is a jolly sounding nickname, but alas, this story is not so festive. Sure, there's Santa's appearance. Most of the time he sits in front of the computer. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he has stocks on Wall Street.

Till now I've read 3 FF books by three different readers and here I'm placing them in order of preference: Miranda Macleod, Emily Sharp, and Lyn Gardner. There's a pattern in that order. Macleod's is the lengthiest book, but with the least amount of smut. And Lyn Gardn
MD
A very nice surprise.

I honestly wasn't expecting much from this book , I just wanted to fill the "Holiday" square from the Lesbian Book Bingo, so you can imagine my surprise when the book turns out to be very good.

We have 30y/o Diana single, with an unfulfilled Christmas wish and a very distress Santa that wants to fix this mistake soon.

The MC were very likable, a well developed story with a lovely romance. ( I may have shed a few tears at some point in the story).

I will classify this as a
Luce
5 STARS. Originally 4 stars.
I've adjusted to reflect how much I just enjoyed this book not for writing perfection. This has become my favorite Christmas romance. You've got MCs that are likable, not so likable supporting characters (boo, hiss!), Santa, Elves with silly names, HEA & a great epilogue. Yup, it's become a holiday reread.
Les Read
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday
Brrrrrrrrrrrr. Baby, it’s cold outside! Speaking of which, Tina Fey and Kenan Thompson recently performed a Christmas sketch on SNL with this song. Have you seen it? Well, if you haven’t… Kenan plays… wait for it… Bill Cosby. The joy that I felt listening to that tune was sapped completely after watching that episode. I’m still cringing. Those lyrics are damn awful! What the hell!? Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love Christmas. I’m borderline obsessed. When I hear the rhythmic sound of b ...more
Lexxi Kitty
This is another of those occasions when, late at night, I decided to see what I'd read the next day. And accidentally read an entire story. Namely this one here.

When Diana was four she 'wrote' a letter to Santa via her aunt. She asked for a soul-mate, she wanted what her parents (now dead) had had. Naturally . . . . well 1) Santa's real and he grants children's wishes (just 1 per child if I read right), though only those wishes of children, not adults; 2) it's 30 years after Diana had written t
C. Mack
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yep, a sweet Christmas read, ideal for getting you ready for the festive season.
Regan
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, contemporary
Young Diana Clarke had wished to find her soul mate like her late parents had found each other. Percy, an elf at the North Pole, cannot believe that he missed delivering a child's wish to Santa. In order to right his wrong Percy confesses to Santa, who in turn, asks permission from Him to grant a now-adult Diana Clarke a wish.

With three upcoming Christmas parties Santa sends Percy to place mistletoe at each party so Diana will find her soul mate with three kisses. During the first party, Diana
Kennedy
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
What an enjoyable holiday read. Do you believe? Did you ever believe? More importantly, do you still believe? My response to all three questions is yes :) !! Diana Clarke made a wish that got loss in flight but in a well told story, anything is possible. Jamison Nash has it all with a heart for giving and making a difference. This is a short read that packs a punch. Not only are the main characters interesting but so are the secondary characters. The most awesome part of the read is the epilogue ...more
Chand
Apr 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book had the potential to be good but it failed miserably. It had an intriguing premise (and that's what the one star is for), which if developed effectively could've led to a fun and frothy holiday read. In reality, however, one was left with a half-baked story, unidimensional characterisation and no chemistry between the two protagonists. Though there is a fantasy element in the story, the magic is missing.
Agirlcandream
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Hokey and Hot. What a strange combo. Mix erotica with a fantasy world of elves and once again I show my age. Oh well. I was just looking for a light hearted holiday read.
Bobbi
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ff, fantasy, holidays
Short, sweet, and full of holiday cheer. Perfect for a lazy evening in front of a fire with some eggnog.
Pin
A sweet read for the upcoming holidays.
Simona Vesela
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cute, festive and magical.
IanWAA
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice cute story with a dash of magic.
Terry Baker
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Diana Clarke was four years old, she sent a letter to Santa. Unfortunately it remained undiscovered in the lining of Santa’s sack for thirty years. Santa has a huge problem. Well, two really. First a child’s wish has never been not answered. Second, Diana isn’t a child any longer and there is nothing in the workshop suitable. Santa is at a loss as to know what to do. After all, Santa is for kids..........Right? Santa calls upon his boss, the Higher Power. He is given a suggestion. There is ...more
angie
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mistletoe is a very cute, sweet and loving read, though having just read fantastic Lyn Gardner's Give Me A Reason not too long ago, I'd have to say this isn't quite as good. But, as someone on Amazon mentioned, Mistletoe would be a nice book to read each holiday season to get you in good spirits! :)
Britni
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book would be an INCREDIBLE Lifetime Christmas movie!! Really enjoyed it!!!!
K
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was such a cute story

Omg, so Santa is ... nope you have to read this incredible story yourself. It was so good I could out it down. That's right I stayed up till 4 in the morning to finiah it.
Talk about funny, very sweet, and ohhh very sexy, and can I say wholesome..
So you get my meaning right.. It's a must read.
Lyn Gardner did an amazing job with this book as well as ALL her stories.
J.R.
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who says a little mistletoe doesn't go a long way.

Diana sent a Christmas wish to Santa who got the wish thirty years later. Santa himself has to ask advise from someone who knows more than Santa knows. Enter the mistletoe and Jamie who saved Diana at a Christmas party. Enjoy!
Rachel Casteel
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ten stars

A perfect book for those looking for a amazing love story. I laughed, I had tears in my eyes, and I fell in love with every part of this story. I will read it again very soon .
Wendy Newton
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book!

Here it is, nearly mid August, and the words on these pages made me feel as if it were Christmas. My only complaint is that it isn't a longer book, but I really did appreciate the epilogue. 4 out of 4, Lyn Gardner writes awesome books!
Tanya
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Romance, LGBT
2.5 Stars. Short and sweet but the main characters lack depth. Lyn Gardner's more recent characters are much more complex.
Angie
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so freaking cute. I adored Diana and Jamie, but Percy was my favorite.
Charlie Avocado
Honestly, not four stars because while I can accept the Santa elements, I could have done without the religious elements, completely. Also is on the shorter side.
Penguin
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Margaret
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-words, novella
Swooooooooooon swooooooney swoon swoon swooooooon. This book was lovely - it really topped up my warm 'n fuzzies nicely.

If you don't like instalove and/or books without angst this book isn't for you. Otherwise - do yourself a favour.

For the most part it stops just shy of being too sweet but it trickles over on enough occasions (particularly in the epilogue) to make it not quite a 5 star read for me.

Having said that, I loved this book and read it with a huge grin on my face. No need to wait till
Jen w
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story, with the holidays being in swing it made me think happier thoughts. I loved that Santa was included, the mistletoe was just a great touch. It is a short story so parts of it made me wonder if I forgot a page but then again, it was a well written story and one I wouldn't mind reading again. This book is sweet and cute. No large thrills until the end of the book and well lets just say you should read it. This book gets a 4 rating from me.
Natsu
Short, light, and definitely enjoyable read. Oh, I almost forgot, heart-warming.
Makes you want to believe in Santa Claus.

The tale starts with Santa's head elf (Percy) discovering a child's letter stuck in the sack lining for a good 30 years and the measures the elf, Santa, and He took to make sure that the wish was granted.

They're better-late-than-never attitude ends in a romance that brewed over a number of Christmas parties and lasted a lifetime. :)
moxieBK
This is the second book I've read by Lyn Gardner.

This one is just as charming as the first. It all hinges on a wish a little girl made years ago and Santa's helper just found recently. Little girl is all grown up now but Santa feels obligated to right his wrong. This story follows that adventure.

Cute, sweet, and short. And wonderful little story that brightened my day.

Three stars.
Ferah
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
im a sucker for a happy ending, what can i say?! this book was fun, energetic and romantic...with absolutely the right amount of hmm how should i put this the right amount of magic, maybe? its youthful and mature and young and old and just a fun read. you will enjoy this, i promise.
  • One Foot Onto the Ice
  • Snowbound
  • Just Jorie
  • Uncommon Emotions
  • The Princess Affair
  • No Strings
  • Molly: House on Fire
  • Backwards to Oregon (The Oregon Series, #1)
  • Rebecca's Cove
  • After Mrs Hamilton
  • Raven Mask (Kassandra Lyall Preternatural Investigator, #2)
  • Love's Melody Lost
  • Midnight In Orlando
  • Gay Pride and Prejudice
  • Survived by Her Longtime Companion
  • Winter Jacket (Winter Jacket, #1)
  • First Lady
  • Silent Bob
I have been a writer of fan fiction for several years, and the numerous responses that I received during that time from my readers, convinced me to try my hand at self-publishing. Originally from Delaware, I now call Florida my home, and when I'm not writing or working... I'm playing golf.

My genre is lesbian fiction. Although my books are adult-rated for the love scenes they contain, they are not