Start by marking “The Unexpected Choice” as Want to Read:
The Unexpected Choice

The Unexpected Choice

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Joey McCrary needs a wife and someone to help him raise his daughter after he made some poor choices in college. Stacey has always been his friend, and even though she’s a sweet girl, nothing can compare to the feelings he has for his ex.

Joey realizes that he and Stacey can benefit one another. Joey can provide Stacey with all she’s ever wanted: a family. But can Stacey te
Published December 3rd 2012 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about The Unexpected Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unexpected Choice

Jacqueline
May 09, 2016 marked it as dnf
Sorry, choppy high schoolish writing and I suspect it is going to be too "inspirational" for me. She was quoting her bible on the second page.
Suzanne
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every once in awhile you are lucky enough to read a book that sticks with you long after you've read it. This is one of those books for me. Joey and Stacey have known each other their entire lives and been friends for years. Joey is back from college and Stacey's grandfather passes away soon after. Due to some mistakes Joey made in college he needs to get married in order to gain custody of his daughter who is to be born soon. His daughter's mother is in jail due to some bad choices she made her ...more
Lacey Wolfe
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then you need a sweet and heartwarming story...and this is it! I was invested in both the characters from beginning to end. I couldn't wait for the end to see how things were going to end up for Joey and Stacy.

The hero of this story, Joey, has a lot of growth. A few times during the book I wanted to give him a good talking to and ask him if he knew what he was doing. But in the end, he saw the light. And I was so happy.

When you finish this story, you'll walk away with your mind fu
Nu
Now that was a take on love that I have never considered. Could it be true that love isn't some type of whirlwind passion and "catch a grenade for you" kind of deal? But more a choice and a steadfast resolve to just be there for someone else? To be dependable and committed at every turn...a choice? Wow, this book has me doing some serious thinking.

I have to say, I loved it all. The raw sad parts of brutal honesty were my favourite, yes it was so sad to read that a man wants to marry you for con
Marran
Jan 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This is such a load of.... total waste of time..at page 61 my eyes have been rolling around so much I was afraid they where gonna get stuck at the back of my head..description

flat and boring characters..the blurb sounds good but thats it...did I say BOOOORING! description

NO chemistry at all and not even a good storyline or likeable characters to still make it manageable

seriously don't read this

I looked at the author page and I wish I had read it before I got my hands on this book..for this line alone Stephanie Taylo
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
It took me a few days to process this one. I enjoyed reading it, but there were certain things that really upset me while reading it. Mainly, Stacey didn't stand up for herself until almost the end of the book, which made me very upset. She did a very unselfish thing by helping Joey out with his circumstances. Stacey reminded me of myself and I didn't like that.

Joey supported her during her grandfather's illness and death, then agreed to marry Stacey so he could get his unborn child from the mo
Emily
Caring for her dying Grandfather, Stacey Ingram is preparing for the inevitable, being alone. When her childhood friend and neighbor Joey McCrary shows up on her doorstep, she doesn’t have the strength to deal with him not realizing Joey is on his own mission not just to give her a shoulder to lean on.

Joey has managed to make every possible mistake he could in college. Now about to be a father, it is time for him to take responsibility and the first thing he needs is a wife. He knows in his hear
Harley
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Stacey is a young woman that is left caring for her dying grandfather, who happens to be the only parent she has. Joey is the boy next door, who is everything she is not,-popular, handsome and experienced. In spite of the fact they had been friends for much of their lives, they never explored each other, until Joey offers her "The Unexpected Choice."

This is an uplifting tale about good choices and bad ones, and how to survive both. Joey and Stacy make a compelling argument to the benefits of fr
Charissa
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Cool romance that I really liked. Flawed characters that I grew to love. At first the boy bugged me. He was so selfish and worldly. The girl was so naive and hopelessly in love with him; she had bad self-esteem, and thinks he’s her only chance to get married and have a family. But his marriage offer is for only a marriage of convenience so she can raise his lover’s child. Anyway, I was sucked into this one like a whirlpool. Great character growth and development, and wonderful theme about how lo ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stacy dropped out of high school to care for her dying Grandfather. When Joey her childhood friend and neighbor shows up she doesn't have the strength to deal with him. She doesn't realize Joey is on his own mission other than giving her a shoulder to lean on. He needs a wife for his daughter. His only problem is Stacy wants to marry for love and Joey can't give her that. But Stacy decides to follow her heart and Joey has to ask himself what does he really want? A great romantic read
Rhonda
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb about this book I didn't sense it was an inspirational. I don't normally read them, but I am so glad I read this one. It was beautiful and didn't shove religion down your throat, but showed how this couple used their relationship with God to build up their love for each other. They have been through alot and the hero keeps dropping crap on the heroine, but in the end he FINALLY gets it.
Angela Mitchell
Joey and Stacey have always been friends, but when Joey comes home from college he needs Stacey's help.

Stacey has problems of her own and just wants to be left alone even though she finds herself falling for him.

Trouble is Joey is still in love with his ex-girlfriend.

I really enjoyed this book by Stephanie Taylor. A well written page turner. I couldn't put it down until I got to the end.
InD'tale Magazine
“The Unexpected Choice” is a contemporary story about a young couple trying to make it against the odds as they work together to do the right thing against the backdrop of today’s morals.

Full review in February 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Nicky
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked it. Surprisingly steamy for a book with a Christian message. It got a tad preachy, but not too much. I'm not sure I completely buy all the messages the book was trying to sell, but overall, the love story was interesting and compelling. And at some points, the angst and drama was so juicy and irresistible. I think I'd like reading another book by this author.
Angi
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it
It was sweet. A little stilted at the beginning, but the farther in you read, the more the characters came alive. I liked the premise, I liked the story & I liked e characters. It was sweet, cute & still had some harsh realities in it. Not terrible, not wonderful- it was a good, quick read.
Ninja
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Good moral or thought, but I felt it could've had a better storyline.
Donna (More Than a Review)
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I laughed, I cried and I sighed.
My review - http://www.morethanareview.com/review...
Julie
rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2014
Dec 23, 2015
Michelle
Jan 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Stephanie Taylor is a mommy of three by day but moonlights as a writer/editor and business owner by night. She lives in Huntsville, Alabama with her husband.

More about Stephanie Taylor...