Start by marking “Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)

Reckless Abandon (November Blue #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  1,625 Ratings  ·  206 Reviews
This is the second book in the November Blue series.

November Harris is lost. After a failed romance with musician Bo Cavanaugh, Ember is left struggling to regain her true self. The problem is, Bo won’t go away and Ember's stance is firm—she doesn't want him back.

Adrian Turner, Ember's ex-boyfriend-turned confidant, is patient with her heartbreak, but he can't hold back hi
Published March 8th 2013 by Self

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Abandon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Abandon

Christy
Ember and Bo’s story continues in Reckless Abandon...

BO CAVANAUGH  photo f03d4a2e-1b15-409c-aab5-29735c962334_zps867d6f07.jpg

NOVEMBER BLUE
 photo 0960f687-54ea-444c-a74e-7e45cdedcfa4_zps3264cdef.jpg

Bo and Ember aren’t together anymore. Ember feels betrayed by Bo. Bo is still helplessly in love with Ember, and even though Ember won’t admit it to anyone, she still has strong feelings for Bo.

They are still working together for DROP, Bo’s organizat
Charles Sheehan-Miles
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in Andrea Randall's "November Blue" series, and picks up immediately following the end of Ten Days of Perfect. I really enjoyed Ten Days, but this one is a significant step up, both in Andrea's storytelling ability as well as the level of emotional involvement with the characters.

Filled with sexual tension and attraction, I was a little worried going into it because I'm not a huge fan of the boy-girl-boy dynamic, but this story has a tremendous amount of depth which made
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
I NEED MORE BO!! <3

4.5 Loooove! Review to come
Cristina
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to touch on Ten Days of Perfect before I get into Reckless Abandon. I had some concerns with the first book but not many. My biggest concern about the book was the insta-love between November and Bo. I always struggle with love at first sight because somehow it just doesn’t ring true. The other issue I had with it was the “big reveal”. I waited almost the entire book to find out what the big secret was and when I did, I felt disappointed…it felt anticlimactic. With that being said, the wr ...more
Nicole
**CONTAINS SPOILERS TO BOOK 1: TEN DAYS OF PERFECT**

“Sorrow is the darkest, most intense form of passion hidden in the recesses of the human spirit.”

GAHHHH!!!! So anyone who follows me on twitter knows JUST HOW MUCH I’ve been waiting for this book!!! I fell head over heels in love with Ten Days of Perfect despite wanting to throw my iPad across the room when I finished. But the ending was one of the reasons I LOVED the book, you know, besides Bo! ;)

So when Andrea Randall posted in her readers gr
TeriLyn
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reckless Abandon was just as good as Ten Days of Perfect. The November Blue Series is now one of my favorites. This author knows how to write heart break and angst.
The journey that November takes through this book is quite fulfilling for the reader. I feel she is ready for the next step she chose in her life. She finally realized, without a doubt, what she wants and needs. Adrian Turner wasn't my favorite part of that growth but I understand his purpose in that transition. Bo is just as swoonwo
Tracy
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. Just like the first book in the November Blue series I was captivated by every page. The story was everything I imagined it would be and so much more. I found myself going through every emotion imaginable and even had tears in my eyes at times. The ending was so perfect but I am still hoping that the author may consider a third book to this wonderful series.
Highly recommended!!
Amy
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This book gutted me. I couldn't put it down. This is turning out to be one of the best series I've read. I'm devouring these books!! Kudos Ms Randall!
Jill
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
**3.5 Stars**
Lelyana
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: twist, tstl
***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

“He fills my thoughts, my dreams, and my nightmares. The memory of him, and his touch, pound on the door to my soul with such force that cracks are forming in the wood. I do my best to act like no one is home by keeping the door locked and the lights off.”

I have thinking too much while and after reading this book Andrea wrote. And I'm still dunno what to write in my review. Some characters are waaaaaaay annoying, especially the main character, November Blue.
I can see M
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, 4-5-stars

I loved Ten Days of Perfect and could not wait for this book.

I remember the first ten beautiful days we spent together. We did everything backwards--fell in love first, and learned about each other after.

This book sent me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. It frustrated me, made me angry, made me gasp, made me cry, broke my heart, and put it back together with a small piece still missing.

It starts soon after the ending of Ten Days and Bo and Ember are apart. She is still upset about
Jess
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
"His finger lifts my chin. "I'd follow you to the beginning of time, to the end of time, and back, November. Just say when." I grab his face and kiss him softly before pulling away. "When." -November and Bo

Well. It started off a little sketchy for me. I had a hard time trying to like Ember, some of the decisions she made in the last book pushed me over the edge and I was hoping there was no redemption...I was wrong. I really enjoyed this one more than the first. It doesn't really have that '2nd
Joy
Now that I've finished my therapy for the rollercoaster ride that was this book, maybe now I can review it! I had been waiting for this book for months. I couldn't wait to have some closure to the cliffhanger ending for Ten Days and Andrea didn't disappoint! I'll admit though that I wasn't crazy that we had to endure so much Ember and Adrian in the first half of the book! I wanted to choke Ember at times but I was glad that the people she was surrounded by weren't letting her off the hook either ...more
Redheaded Bookworm
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok, I loved this book, but I really wanted to reach into my Kindle and beat the ever loving crap out of Ember. I liked her in the first book, but this one, UGH! What Bo did, wasn't even that bad, put your big girl panties on and deal with it! And, I didn't care for Adrian, but she totally did him wrong too! I was so happy when Monica finally told her to "grow up" and get on with it! Regan was her voice of reason, and I loved him! She finally comes to her senses, Thank GOD, and redeems herself.

T
Kirsten P
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
So I’ve just finished up this sequel to Ten Days to Perfect, and it was a huge emotional journey. I have to say that while there were circumstances in this book that drove me to put my kindle down and walk away, I enjoyed the ride. I laughed and I cried. I became so wrapped up in the characters that I could feel their joys, sorrows, hurts and victories. I saw Ember transform, and while she frustrated me at times, and I didn’t agree with some of her choices, I understood why they were made. I lov ...more
Lindsay
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"My heart searches for an escape. We're outside, so anywhere will do, but my soul roots her feet in place. I'm not going anywhere."

If you liked Ten Days of Perfect, you are going to love and devour Reckless Abandon.

You know that feeling you get when a book gets into your soul? That high you get? I don't know what it feels like for everybody else, but it is a true ache in my bones from my wrist up my forearm. It is so bizarre, but it is when I know a book gets an automatic 5 stars. I crave that
Rustys
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reckless Abandon

I am overwhelmed with so many different emotions I don’t know where to start, so how about at the beginning.
It picks up where “Ten Days of Perfect” left off. Ember is heartbroken after she learned Bo hid the truth about his sister’s blackmailers. She turns to Adrian for comfort and support,confused and hurt her actions land Ember back in Adrian’s arms.

Bo struggles with the loss of Ember in his life and is determined to get her back but will he still want her when he discovers ho
Sally
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am convinced that Andrea Randall is trying to tear my heart out. I sobbed when Bo and Ember broke up in 10 Days of Perfect, and was convinced that Reckless Abandon was going to be their happily ever after. Wow was I in for a shock, lol. Beautifully written with characters that are real. Some I wanted to smack upside the head sometimes, others I hated ALL the time, and still more that I fell in love with and wanted to hug and be friends with. Through all the ups and downs, the love between Bo a ...more
Michelle Pace
Romances are not my thing. That being said, I enjoy Randall's ability to take the romance genre and spin it like a top. I adore her cajones for the love triangle with a capital 'L'. Adrian Turner was my favorite character from Ten Days, and I was thrilled to see him playa major role in this book.
I appreciate the lack of cookie cutter plot devices and that she wasn't afraid to violently screw with her characters. it is rare for me to read a romance start to finish, let alone give it more than thr
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, rockstars
The book starts where the first ends with November falling in comfort from Adrian. She is a mess after her amazing 10 days with Bo. Her work with DROP pushes forward and her bond with Rae grows stronger. Bo puts the needs of DROP first despite admitting to Ember his feelings. Their connection is still as strong as the first night and everyone cam see it including Adrian. The storyline has Ember emulating what she wants from her personal and professional life. Her love of music takes front and ce ...more
Anne OK
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Andrea Randall certainly kept the magic alive in the second installment of her "November Blue" series. It doesn't take but a minute to get caught up in the continuing saga that started in "Ten Days of Perfect." There's much more angst, sadness that will definitely call for a Kleenex or two, and some surprisingly new developments this go round. It's a difficult road we're traveling with these characters and one that I found immensely captivating and satisfying.

Looking forward to continuing this w
Jessica
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I won an ARC of this book through the author. This novel was worth the wait, it was epically awesome. Andrea Randall is a fantabulous writer, this story will suck you in, you may punch your kindle, I'm not going to lie. I laughed, I cried, I ugly sob cried, it was epic, seriously epic. Oh and the music, avetts, Mumford, some excellent booty shaking music. I like the listen to the songs on YouTube while reading these parts, makes you feel like your there. Six stars Andrea girl you rock my socks o ...more
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reckless Abandon is WAY better than the first book. I was kind of disappointed how Ember turned into kind of a slut and used Adrian the way she did (even if she didn't do it intentionally). Ember & Adrian were HOT together and there was one point where I was wishing she'd stay with him and forget all about Bo.

This book had me feeling a lot more emotion than the first book. I wasn't expecting to use a half box of tissues!!
Meg
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was hoping for the best for Bo and Ember, so I was understandably upset and filled with angst for a good part of this book! Then, Andrea went and flipped my world upside down with a HUGE incident and I was devastated again! But...everything was right in my world at the end of this book. If you like emotional roller coaster rides in your reading (which I totally do), then you'll love this story!
Brittney
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to dive into this book after reading the first. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect in the beginning. The giant heart wrenching around 3/4 through really threw me off. I wanted their happily ever after more than ever. I loved the wedding still, and could've seen that going a bit differently. I felt like there should've been more to their story in the end. Maybe its just me being nosey and wanting to know what's next. Great book to follow up another great book.
Crystal
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was quite a roller coaster. There wasn't mystery and things like there was in the first book. This one was about the people and the relationships. Goodness November drove me nuts though!! Bo too really. They just couldn't get their act together. There are highs and lows and it was a great read. <3
Daisy
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Bo <3 what can you say about this wonderful man?! I loved book 1 and loved this one more. Ember got on my nerves quite a lot with how selfish and thoughtless she was. How can you say you love Bo and within a week be in a relationship with an ex?

Bo was thoughtful and caring but not a wimp. How can so much happen to one person?

Can't wait for more of Bo & November love story.
Juliana Cabrera
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and thought it was great end on Bo and Ember's story. Reality: I was pissed off the majority of this book and wanted to throw Ember through a glass window :) OMG..I was just so angry. I looked like a crazy person yelling at my Kindle...haha but i couldn't put it down and that was the point. Love Andrea Randall as a writer and will read anything she writes.
Sylvia
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book had me reading faster ,.. Then re-reading lines since I was trying to skip some so I'd get to know what happens next. At points I was so frustrated with how the story was going and how I didn't agree with the direction of the story. But dear God,.. It's great,awesome, fan freakinntastic!
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you liked 10 days of perfect, you will LOVE Reckless Abandon! I couldn't put it down and definitely wasn't ready for it to end! The characters were more believable.... The story more real.... I loved it!
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • The Perpetual Quest for the Perfect Life
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
  • Coming Home (Jackson Falls, #1)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • Depths (Silver Strand, #2)
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
  • Fight or Flight (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters, #4)
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Recovery (Mending Hearts, #1.5)
  • In My Arms (Philadelphia, #1)
  • Love and Truth
  • Let It Go
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Can't Let Go
  • Reconnected (Connected #1)

Currently working on a new New Adult series,titled, "Jesus Freaks".

Titles Now Available:

5. Bo & Ember

Novellas (stand-alones):
1. Something's Come Up
2. Bar Crawl

I started writing poetry long before writing fiction. I firmly believe Poetry is a solid foundation for all othe
More about Andrea Randall...

November Blue (6 books)
  • Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue, #1)
  • Sweet Forty-Two (November Blue, #3)
  • Marrying Ember (November Blue, #3.5)
  • Bo & Ember (November Blue, #4)
  • November Blue Boxed Set (November Blue, #1-4)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
“Sorrow isn't the absence of passion. Sorrow is the darkest, most intense form of passion hidden in the recesses of the soul.” 15 likes
“My heart searches for an escape. We're outside, so anywhere will do, but my soul roots her feet in place. I'm not going anywhere.” 7 likes