Start by marking “Simple Living - 30 days to less stuff and more life” as Want to Read:
Simple Living - 30 days to less stuff and more life

Simple Living - 30 days to less stuff and more life

Need a bit more simple in your life but unsure where to start? Simple Living is written for you. Using minimalist principles I have created a 30 day course, taking less than 1 hour a day that I guarantee will give you a simpler life.

Simple Living‘s 30 days balances both tangible clutter as well as intangible clutter. This is not a course about cleaning. This course and the
Published September 22nd 2012

Be the first to ask a question about Simple Living - 30 days to less stuff and more life

Momma Frugal
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to share a few excerpts from the book that really hit home with me.

1. "You are not your stuff and your stuff doesn't define you"!!!!! I LOVE that sentence!

2. "Your stuff isn't your memories"!!!!

3. "Your stuff doesn't dictate your economic value, yourself worth, or importance"!!!

And she is so right!! Our stuff doesn't define us at all! If we lost all of our worldly possessions, would it matter? No, not really. As long as my family and our pets are safe, that is all that would matter. STU
Kim Browers
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a semi-professional organizer (and still actively simplifying my own life), I was impressed by the approachability and organization of this book. Each chapter marks an exercise for a day, for a total of 30 exercises. These steps, when taken, can start someone down the daunting path of decluttering and minimalizing their life. The exercises were simple, and really great ideas. I would recommend this to all my clients and intend to read it several times myself!
Priscila Morais dos Santos
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'll probably not declutter my home in just 30 days but the author gives some really interesting tips on how to choose what to keep and what to throw away or donate. I'll definitely go back to this book soon, some chapters are very useful.
Erin
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're craving a bit of simplicity in your life, then Simple Living: Thirty Days to Less Stuff and More Life is for you. It's one of those practical little books whose main purpose is to deliver results. You don't have to be an aspiring minimalist, and you don't have to count your possessions. All you have to do is follow Lorilee's clear, easy steps to start seeing big changes in your life.

Simple Living touches on your physical environment, as you'd expect, but in some ways you might not have
Pamela (Lavish Bookshelf)
Maybe you have read some really great books on the concept of minimalism and have embraced the idea. Now you can use Lorilee Lippincott's "Simple Living: Thirty Days to Less Stuff and More Life" in order to get moving towards your downsizing goal.

Simple Living can give you some very practical tools that can be used as a downsizing checklist on a path towards a simple life. Simple Living doesn't explain the "Why" of simple living as much as it details the "How" of it all.

Focusing on one task per
Cora
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is one of the best and most practical minimal/simple living books I've read. It goes through thirty days and each day has info, an assignment and extra credit. Whether you're just getting into the idea of simple living or have been doing it for a while, I'd recommend this book either way. I've read other Christian books about simple living/minimalist and they were not very good. This author is Christian but she only mentions it a few times and this book is so good that I'd recommend it to e ...more
Richard
As someone who has consumed a ton of books on time management, organisation and efficient living, I didn't expect to find anything new in this book -- but was pleasantly surprised!

Author Lorille Lippincott is a advocate of minimalism -- simple living -- and the concepts she shares in this book go beyond just removing household clutter and de-junking and into changing your life to focus on the things that are important to you above all else.

The chapters are short and easy to read and give plenty
Christine
This book has a plethora of clutter clearing ideas, set in a 30 day plan. It would be a lot of work, and impossible to manage in 30 days unless you did not have employment outside of the home. She does discuss physical clutter, mental clutter, meal clutter, etc, but, when done, you won't have necessarily have cleaned out your house. Instead, she suggests you create another 30-60 days of projects for yourself based on your beginnings with this book.

If you have not read anything on clutter busting
Catherine Gillespie
Simple Living – 30 days to less stuff and more life was helpful for me in that phase and I think it’s a good short introduction to getting organized and paring things down if you haven’t gotten into that sort of thing before, or a good refresher if you’ve read other, longer books on the subject.

The book contains suggestions for how to pare down your stuff, your commitments, your schedule, and your responsibilities not just for the sake of minimalism or asceticism, but so that you can free up tim
David
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding advice. I love the friend-standing-next-to-you voice Lorilee chose to write in. She is motivational and her book is loaded with practical advice in easily accessible bites.

If you ever wanted to deaccumulate or declutter and didn't know where to begin, this is it!

I've already begun to take her advice. And my wife and I have talked on our Sabbath about how we want to reread together. Then we're going to work as a team to simplify, deaccumulate, and put into practice this minimalist li
Jen Clause
It was a quick read on the plane on my way home from a Haiti mission trip...where life is definitely simpler...I thought it had some good points...in the American culture, you are going against the norm when you attempt some of the things in this book...the result is you are less attached to stuff and more connected to what really matters to you...something we all want! It addresses all aspects of your life inside and out...how to live intentionally according to your values...
Su
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Everybody's doing minimalism--although this book may have come out ahead of the current craze (I'm not sure when it began). Good suggestions, especially for families with kids. Definitely more fun to read than some other minimalist books. Not wild about the occasional suggestion that I should check out her blog--if you're a blogger who writes a book, the book needs to be able to stand on its own, IMO.
Melissa
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has everything. It’s the perfect choice for an family or individual who wants to live intentionally and simplify their lives but have no idea how to get started. Lorilee Lippincott breaks everything down in easy to digest, bite size pieces. It covers everything from email to your daily diet and everything in between. Simple Living 30 Days to Less Stuff and More Life will have you living an intentional and simple life in no time!
Jim Burke
This book had some very practical advice about reducing clutter and living a simpler existence. The author has put all of this into practice, so she knows what she's talking about. She obviously is passionate about helping others, and that is where the book admirably succeeds. I skipped the final section because the author talks about religion far too much for my taste. To each their own, but overall, the book is well worth checking out.
Tanya
This book is very much like other simplifying and decluttering books. She does a good job of breaking tasks down into small steps. I'm feeling challenged to try 30 days to less stuff, but I would probably set my own 30 tasks using hers a as a guideline. I like the idea of committing to only 30-60 minutes a day. That seems very doable.
Renee' Vanden boom
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Simple Living!

I was thrilled to find I already do many of the things suggested, and am excited to start work on more! Best advice in the book is Opting out of mailings and phone calls. I did that immediately! Take advantage of the advice - it is so wonderful to have clean, clutter-free spaces, and I am excited to create more!
Judy
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book it made me smile, we have fifty five years of stuff in our house. I want all this stuff around just so the kid,s will have to clean it out. O by the way a lot of it is there's,. sure will bring back memories. All kidding aside it sounds good but is it realistic. Just clean up ,reuse ,throw out .
Loverlypurple
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This ebook has some really good strategies to live a minimalist lifestyle. With good directions for each day and with some extra goals thrown in. I read the book all the way through in one sitting and I'm now going back to day 1 to complete each mission. I think this will definitely help with stress as it will be more relaxing in a cleared out home.
Lori
Mar 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I came across this as a free Pixel of Ink book. Its pretty good. Easy, short read with simplistic ideas for cleaning clutter in various aspects of your home, work and life. It helps that I have reached the stage of "wanting to rid myself of some stuff, but not knowing where to start." Even tips on eliminating junk mail which I liked!
Martin Raybould
Some good advice in general about healthy living and removing clutter but did not appreciate the idea that this simpler life allows more space for God. I prefer to think of this lifestyle has a humanitarian benefit - why bring religion into it?
Kathryn
The majority of her suggestions I have already implemented in our home. Much of this book revolves around a family with children. Our daughter is grown, so those were areas of the book that weren't pertinent for us.
Jade Gonzales
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. It explains in the simplest way how to be a minimalist. This book actually helps me. I've been wanting to be a minimalist. Less is more :)
Renee
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is in my top 2 all time favorites of decluttering my home and my life!! I will read this book again as a good reminder to stay on top of things.
Jeenow
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's very useful and helpful for me.
Joni
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this! I have been striving to live a minimalist life for a long time and this book really gives you chores to get it done!
Melissa
For newbies this is a great book, for others it is just a confirmation of ideas already know. Simple to read and follow.
Lisa
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
This book helps you control your stuff-itis and add value to your relationships! It will help you prioritize what matters to you and clear the clutter both physically, emotionally, and spiritually!
Christy Stone
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love it!

Easy to read- simple, totally doable assignments to help the overwhelmed take steps to a more simple and meaningful life!
Emilie
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reading
I wasn't very inspired by this book. I am sure others would find it very helpful, but for me it was just okay.
Aisha Oaktree
Review Pending 2013

• Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
  • Tell Your Time: How To Manage Your Schedule So You Can Live Free
  • Get Organized! Your Twelve Month Home Clutter Killer
  • Unclutter Your Life! How to Tame Your Mess, Calm Your Mind, Lighten your Load
  • The Book of Maybe: Finding Hope and Possibility in Your Life
  • How to De-clutter and Make Money Now: Turn Clutter Into Cash with The One-Minute Organizer (Organizing for Simple Living)
  • Getting Rid Of It: Eliminate the Clutter in Your Life
  • 31 Days To A Clean And Organized Home:  How To Organize, Clean, And Keep Your Home Spotless
  • The Good Energy Book: Creating Harmony and Balance for Yourself and Your Home
  • Simple Ways to be More with less
  • Out of Sight, Out of Mind - Easy Home Organization Tips and Storage Solutions for Clutter-Free Living
  • Conscious Calm: Keys to Freedom From Stress and Worry
  • The Minimalist Woman's Guide to Having It All
  • Declutter Your Life: Reduce Stress, Increase Productivity, and Enjoy Your Clutter-Free Life
  • How to Embrace a Minimalist Wardrobe - Making the Most Out of Your Closet!
  • Simpler:  Declutter Your Life and Focus on What's Most Important
  • 8 to Great: The Powerful Process for Positive Change
  • How to Organize Your Life (At Home)
“You can’t get to the destination if you don’t know where you are going.” 0 likes
“A great habit to form for a simple life and mind is the setting aside of quiet time in your day.  You can also call it thinking time, journal time, meditation, prayer or whatever you like. It is an idea that is talked about in all religions, and even non-religious writers encourage spending time with your thoughts.” 0 likes