Start by marking “Perfect Fling (Serendipity's Finest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Fling (Serendipity's Finest, #2)

Perfect Fling

(Serendipity's Finest #2)

In the picturesque town of Serendipity, New York, three siblings have grown up in the shadow of their proud and respected police chief father. But what do love, fate, and fortune have in store for the next generation of Serendipity's finest?

Assistant D.A. Erin Marsden is Serendipity's quintessential good girl. The daughter of the former police chief, she's never made a mis
Published July 30th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Fling

Start your review of Perfect Fling (Serendipity's Finest, #2)
Jess
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B

After a one night stand results in a baby on the way, Erin and Cole’s lives are changed forever. Before knowing about the baby, Cole made it clear that all they had was the one night. His life and career is very solitary as he’s often working undercover for long periods of time and he’s only in Serendipity to rest in between assignments. He’s also not exactly the town hero. He caused some trouble when he was younger and having a dad still li
Romda Shepersky
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Fling-
Serendipity is the place we all wished we lived! Where we have cops that we know personally and will protect us when needed. The place we all want to escape to.

Perfect fling is about Erin , a district attorney and Cole, an undercover detective we all want to get under the covers with!

Goody good girl Erin has her first one night stand with an incredibly sexy bad boy, cole. Her night of sizzling sex, left her pregnant. She is trying to figure out a way to tell him he's a father. On
Dawn ♥ romance
This story was okay. There was enough plot to keep reading but the hero who claimed to take responsibility said for most of the book that he was not into commitment and would eventually return to his long term undercover job. Oxymoron until last ten pages. Secret FBI agent Cole becomes a body guard for attorney Erin after she is shot.
Wanda
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Scene:

Cole and Erin drove back to Nick's house in comfortable silence. He didn't feel the need to discuss what went on in his father's hospital room, and Erin didn't ask. She knew from his somewhat calm demeanor that at least there had been no yelling or confrontation, and for that she was grateful.

She couldn't remember ever being more exhausted. At the top of the stairs, she turned toward the master bedroom, expecting Cole to head the other way to the room he'd been staying in for the
Kimberly
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Blue Ribbon Rating: 5 out of 5
Original Review Link

Assistant District Attorney Erin Marsden has no problem being classified as the town good girl. Then, on the night of her brother’s wedding, Erin throws caution to the wind and has a one-night stand with bad boy Cole Sanders. What was only supposed to be one night turns into something much more when Erin learns that she’s pregnant.

Manhattan cop Cole Sanders has returned to his hometown to recover from his last undercover assignment. He’s not loo
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shey‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided by the publisher for an honest review

5 Stars

Carly Phillips never ceases to amaze me when I pick up one of her books and Perfect Fling was no exception. Able to make you feel the connection between not just the characters but what they are dealing with her writing style takes you into their hearts, souls, and the pains of their past making you feel a part of their lives without being aware.

Ms. Phillips has this uncanny abil
Anne - Books of My Heart
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This comes so close to being a favorite. Erin was wonderful - I loved her and could completely relate to her. I was so proud of how smart and honest she was.

Cole is a guy I could love and understand but geez he's smarter than he acted. His mind fuck just went on and on, and a guy that smart should have figured something out a little sooner. Other than that irritation, I enjoyed the book greatly. His turnaround was pretty quick and drastic once he got to it; I'm not sure that feels totally belie
Carolyn
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great book, this is second in the Serendipity's Finest Series, and each one just keeps getting better with each one that Carly Phillips cranks out!

This book is about good girl, Erin, who has a one night stand with bad boy, Cole. There one night leads to her being pregnant and now someone is out to take her out and so Cole decides to be her "bodyguard".
They fight their feelings for each other and Cole must decide if he wants to take a chance and make a life with family and friends or be l
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Fun sexy read. A one night stand that results in pregnancy? Never saw it coming. I'm not good enough for you whining that he finally get over? Never saw it coming. Bad boy's actually a good guy? Never saw it coming. Who is the mystery stalker? Never saw it coming.

OK, so no surprises here. There were no "What??!!" moments. Everything is telegraphed ahead, then sent invitations, and then announced before it actually shows up at the door. So much so that by the time whatever thing actually happens
Holly
Cole's feelings were so all over the place even he didn't know what he wanted. The mixed signals he was sending were enough to confuse anyone. Erin was quick to call him out when he said one thing but acted in a conflicting manor. It was good to see her push, since that was clearly what he needed.

Erin was an optimist who would have become annoying, but she had a temper that balanced out her innate goodness. She wasn't perfect, but she owned her flaws and mistakes.

They had a good support system
Mareli
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
well, 4 stars because I'm a goner for pregnancy stories.

Erin is pregnant after a night of sex with no strings and Cole wants no commitment but he's ready to step up for the child.

Another man with commitment issues, what a bore!

I didn't like so much and Erin was a sort of saint to put up with him! I can relate with his problems with his father, because his father was bad, but just because you have a bad parent, it doesn't mean you cannot be a better person!

Cole was mulish and unreasonable and I
Sam
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love it!!!!
Erin and Cole are so funny together and sweet. I loved that we get to hear about the others in Serendipity. I can't wait for Sam and Nicole's book and see them falling in love with eachother. I loved how Erin put Jed in his place when it came to Cole and their relationship as father and son.
This was a fantastically written and the characters were just amazing to read about. Carly Phillips did an awesome job writing this book.
Amy
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
It was kind of a hard book to get through. The plot was okay but I thought that the more amorous scenes overshadowed the characters in the novel. Don't get me wrong, love scenes are all well and good, but it frustrates me when they are more highlighted than the plot of a novel. However I did enjoy the plot well enough. I'm not sure whether I will continue the series or not, but we'll see
Jen
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fv, phillips
Erin and Cole

Another fun book set in Serendipity. I can always count on these to be good reads. Full review to come on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews
Amanda Siegrist
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This story had a good plot line for me to enjoy, but I found the pace just a little too slow for my tastes. But, overall, I enjoyed the storyline. Cole is just a man that you can't help but love. And Erin's determination to make him see the error in his ways just makes you love her as well.
Michelle the Romance Witch
4.5 solid stars. loved everything and can't wait for more.
Heather Lire
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You won't want to miss this one...
Danielle
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
One of the best yet!! Carly keeps knocking them outta the park!
Jami Dutcher
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read this book for the second time and I loved it just as much as the first time I read it.
Linda George
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Erin Marsden was Serendipity's ultimate good girl until she had a one night stand with Cole Sanders, local bad boy and undercover cop back home for recovery from a difficult year in his last assignment. Three months later she realizes that their are unexpected consequence of the night. She meant to tell Cole the news, but then she was shot and he found out when he overheard her talking to the ER doctor about what painkillers were safe for her to take since she was pregnant. After a difficult tal ...more
Gina
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, adult-fiction
Erin is the town sweetheart. She comes from a great family, has a great job, takes care of everybody. But she is lonely. Cole hates himself because that is what he has been told. He failed trying to earn the love for his father. His job takes him undercover for long periods of time depending on the case. Erin is lonely and weak when she ,sets Cole at the bar one night. It is a small town and she remembers hi from growing up. And boy does he look good for the evening. Until a few months later and ...more
Stef
Another fun series by Carly Phillips. Am enjoying her books between the other genres I enjoy. Fast read. Humor, romance, family fun drama at times, suspense, action packed,

Must read in order. The characters continue in the following series' as they are in Serendipity and surrounding area. :-)
>> Serendipity
>> The Chandler Brothers
>> Serendipity's Finest
Read in May 2018.

Darcy
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, audio-book, romance
This one was just ok for me. I knew what would happen with Erin and Cole's one night stand. I didn't expect for Cole to stay when he found out and want more. The threat seemed to throw them together, allowing them to get to know each other. That made ok with how things ended with them.
Inge
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
There was a lot more action in this book than the first in the series. I like the story development and I think the characters are written well. I also like the author's no nonsense contemporary writing style.
Saly
This just seemed like a plot rehash of the first book, a one night stand, H with daddy issues, surprise pregnancy. I forced myself to finish. A decent contemporary but such a cliched storyline and treatment I was not in the mood for.
Kim
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story of Cole and Erin. Even though Cole did not think he was good enough for Erin I did swoon over Cole. A definite YES. Now I can't wait for Sam's story.
Kanika
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars mainly for heroine bcos she was gutsy and had dignity but I never get to understand the real problem with hero
Poli
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book!
It was cute, hot and fun!
Liz F
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review and author interview posted on Kindles & Wine

Hopefully a lot of you follow our blog and check us out on a regular basis. If you do, you may remember that I’ve reviewed some Carly Phillips stuff before – a book and a short story. And I loved that we got to host her exclusive cover reveal for Perfect Fling back in February. Now the book is out and you KNOW I had to get my hands on it! Perfect Fling has all the things that I love in a romance: a tough heroine and bad boy hero! Read on to fin
Susan
Loved this good girl vs bad boy story. After her brother Mike's wedding, Erin was feeling pretty blue. It seemed like everyone was part of a couple except her, so she stopped in at Joe's Bar because she didn't want to go home yet. There she ran into Cole, the bad boy she had a crush on in high school. No one knows what Cole has been doing since he left town, but the bad boy still draws her attention. A few dances later the heat between them is sizzling and they decide to do something with it.

Ev

• Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • The Secret Life Of Bryan (Visitation, North Carolina, #2)
  • He's So Fine (Lucky Harbor, #11)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Tall, Dark, and Irresistible (Tall, Dark and Sexy, #2)
  • Just a Hint - Clint (Visitation, North Carolina, #4)
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • The Decadent Gift (The Gift #3)
  • Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Chasing Daylight (Stealth Ops #7)
  • Jamie (Visitation, North Carolina, #5)
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • Misadventures of a Backup Bride (Misadventures, #2)
  • The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth, #13; Richard and Kahlan, #2)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
NY Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestseller, Carly Phillips gives her readers Alphalicious heroes to swoon for and romance to set your heart on fire. She married her college sweetheart and lives in Purchase, NY along with her three crazy dogs: two wheaten terriers and a mutant Havanese, who are featured on her Facebook and Instagram. The author of 50 romance novels, she has raised two ...more

Serendipity's Finest (3 books)
  • Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest, #1)
  • Perfect Together (Serendipity's Finest, #3)