Start by marking “Vianočné mystérium” as Want to Read:
Vianočné mystérium

Vianočné mystérium

Dievčatko Elisabet sa prekvapivo ocitá medzi tými, ktorí putujú späť v čase do roku „nula“, aby boli v Betleheme pri narodení Jezuliatka. Ako ubúdajú storočia, pútnikov pribúda a sú medzi nimi nielen pastieri a postavy z dejín vianočného príbehu, ale aj ovce a anjeli. Elisabet so sprievodom sa však nepohybuje iba v čase, putuje zároveň v priestore – z Nórska na juh a spozn ...more
Published November 23rd 2012 by Artforum (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Vianočné mystérium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vianočné mystérium

Lisa
So, this is for my children, and for Jean-Paul, who gently guides me through the maze to almost-forgotten-yet-unforgettable reading experiences!

Many years ago, my children and I started reading this book as a calendar on 1st December, and read one chapter each night until Christmas. It became a ritual, and we had to rearrange our reading time quite a lot to fit in the lengthy chapters in spite of the usual end-of-term activities and pre-Christmas craziness in a busy family of five.

It didn't take
Rachel
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The basic idea of this book is a great idea and the 24 chapter, advent calendar style is great. However far too many unanswered question for me that would confuse and concern a child. Why would an angel abandon a 20th century girl in the year 0 in a different continent? Why does a children's book include modern day references to child abduction and the poor mother who spend 50 years wondering what became of her daughter? What exactly was Elisabet's role in the birth of Jesus? Why was Elisabet's ...more
Emily
This book was published not too long after the Norwegian author's better known novel, Sophie's World, made a big international splash. Probably way too many copies of The Christmas Mystery were printed, and I seem to remember it being remaindered almost right away. Certainly, I bought it as a remainder, and it sat unread on my shelves for about 15 years. Early this past December, I pulled it out thinking of creating some badly needed shelf space. I read the first chapter (finally) and was hooked ...more
Hilary
We were so excited about reading this book. The idea of a magic advent calendar and a part of the story to read each day was really appealing to us but despite having greatly enjoyed Sophie's World by the same author we struggled to enjoy this one. Will perhaps try again another year.
Ruth
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
On 1st December, a young boy named Joachim is given an unusual advent calendar, and behind each door contains a chapter of a story. As the story unfolds, Joachim (and his parents) learn about a young girl named Elisabet who disappeared from Norway years earlier, and a pilgrimage of angels, shepherds and wise men who travel across land and time, to be present when Jesus was born.

Unfortunately, I did not particularly enjoy this book. Although I am not religious, I can enjoy reading books about rel
Ahmad Sharabiani
Julemysteriet = The christmas mystery, Jostein Gaarder
عنوان: راز تولد؛ نویسنده: یوستین(یاستین) گوردر؛ مترجم: مهرداد بازیاری؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، نشر کتاب، هرمس، 1378، در هشت و 200 ص، شابک: 9646641172؛
موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان نروژی قرن 20 م
Pequete
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
Estes últimos dias do ano estão a revelar-se bastante proveitosos em termos de leituras. Hoje terminei mais um livrinho natalício, que me chegou via BookCrossing. É do mesmo autor d'O Mundo de Sofia, e fez-me lembrar bastante esse livro, que li há já muitos anos. Tem também um mistério, neste caso relacionado com o Natal, que se vai revelando dia após dia, em pequenas doses que vão aumentando o suspense. Gostei bastante e acho que vou procurar a versão portuguesa para as minhas miúdas lerem no p ...more
Nadja
Nettes Adventsbuch mit einer wirklich geheimnisvollen Geschichte und schönen Kalendertürchenbilder. Der ständig gleiche Aufbau (Türchen öffnen, Zettel lesen, Gedanken machen) fand ich mit der Zeit ein bisschen eintönig. Ganz nett, aber werde ich sicher nicht nochmals lesen.
Melinda
Jade Heslin
Nov 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
And the award for biggest pile of crud I’ve ever read in my life goes to: The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder.

I knew that this was a children’s book. In fact, when it was announced at book club I was a little bit enamoured with the fact that we would be reading a book for kids. So much so that I actually went out and bought the pretty picture-book version with all the little angels and Baby-Jesuses in the margins. What a bloody waste of money that was!

The story is about a magic advent calen
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
It's really quite a risky thing to try and retell one of (if not the) most well known stories in the world, especially if you're going to put a twist on it. However, I'm pleased that Gaarder did it because he managed to execute it very well. The choice of chick-lit Christmas themed stories is bountiful, and I do enjoy them, but to be able to read a different take on the original Christmas story is a rare treat.
I believe this book was primarily targeted at Children, but this could certainly be cl
Irina
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bucuria descoperirii unui calendar de Advent, nu doar cu ilustratii pentru fiecare zi pana la Craciun ci si cu biletele pentru fiecare zi cu o poveste, nu este numai a unui copil ci si a parintilor sai. Povestea aparent fantastica, produs al fictiunii, are si un sambure de adevar: o fetita pe nume Elisabeth ajunge sa calatoreasca impreuna cu un inger catre Bethlehem, ocazie pentru a afla despre monumente si de a urmari pe atlas denumirile actuale ale locurilor pe unde a calatorit alaturi de prie ...more
-Sakura-
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2/5 stars

Okay and philosophical but the book could've gotten its message across in other ways that weren't repetitive. To be completely honest: The repetition in this book is probably what lowered my rating by a whole star. In fact the whole book is a little dull and I didn't enjoy reading it. As you can guess it was pretty mundane and I didn't extract much from it because I was so bored. I understand that it has philosophical value and that it's oh so deep and lovely and sweet and christmassy
Ipack
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
این کتاب رو یک بار اون هم اوایل نوجونی خوندم که جرقه ای شد برای علاقه ام به فلسفه. تا یازده سالگیم بهترین کتابی بود که خوندم و عاشقش شدم. اینقدر دوسش داشتم که نمیخوام دوباره بخونم، شاید تصورات بی نقصم نقش بر آب بشه!
صرفا به خاطر قدردانی از نقش پررنگش بهش پنج ستاره طلایی میدم!
Annet
An enjoyable book for the Christmas period. Although in the beginning I was a bit bored by especially the story of the girl going to Bethlehem.
But, I took the book to Rome on a long city break and started enjoying the read in a suitable Christmas environment...
Alina Maria Ciobanu
Organized in 24 chapters corresponding to the 24 windows of a magical Advent calendar, this book reveals, as a frame story, the journey in space and time of a group of pilgrims from current-day Norway to Bethlehem, when Christ was born, emphasizing the meaning of Christmas along the way.
Sanam
داستان بر اساس روایات انجیل است و کمی هم کتب تاریخی
MataKovac
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-with-kidos
Najkrajší knižný adventný kalendár, zachytáva kúzelný vianočný príbeh s úžasnými ilustráciami. Chlapec Joachim s rodičmi od 1. do 24. decembra otvárajú okienka na ručne zhotovenom adventnom kalendári a postupne sa dozvedia neuveriteľný príbeh nórskeho dievčatka, ktoré sa v predvianočnom ruchu stratí mame v obchodnom dome a putuje späť v čase a v priestore do roku nula aj so svojím sprievodom. Toto vianočné potešenie odporúčam čítať počas adventného času a cestovať s deťmi deň po dni podľa advent ...more
Maria Roxana
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O cărticică potrivită acestei perioade. Ea se confundă cu două cuvinte: mister și magie, adică exact ingredientele care fac deliciul poveștilor!
Recunosc, mai mult mi-a plăcut ”Fata cu portocale”, însă și povestea a fost una diferită..:)
Bronislava Sencakova
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Knižný adventný kalendár - je to milé, dobre skomponované a krásne ilustrované (ale že fakt!). Online ukážka.

Adventná kalendárovitosť udáva tempo príbehu a každá kapitolka má (pre dospelého troška otravné) zhrnutie. Kto nezvláda kresťanské témy a motívy, nech sa do Mystéria radšej nepúšťa.

Malý Nór Joachim dostane starý ručne robený adventný kalendár. Je to príbeh o ňom, jeho rodičoch a čakaní na Vianoce. Sem-tam katolícka mravouka a posolstvo Vianoc.

V každom okienku je obrázok a poskladaný papie
Jota-p
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jostein Gaarder é um autor a que regresso com alguma frequência, na tentativa de perceber se é um autor de que gosto ou não... São vários os livros que já li dele (O Mundo de Sofia, claro, mas também A Rapariga das Laranjas e O Mistério do Jogo das Paciências). Desta feita, decidi ler este livro precisamente por causa da quadra natalícia.
Foi interessante ler esta história, ainda que a considere tão estranha como as outras histórias que mencionei mais acima.
A única coisa que me fez confusão foi
Stef Rozitis
An interesting and whimsical little story in many ways innocent to the point of naivety but with a certain charm that kept me willing to read. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants something that is only light and hope-filled with no hint of darkness, especially if they are Christian. I suspect someone not from a Christian background may struggle to engage.

The book gave hints of deeper thinking and questioning for example in a repeated exhortation to be kind to refugees. This is espec
Alisea Thenea
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gaarder je jeden z mojich najoblubenejších. A Vianočné mystérium nesklamalo, práve naopak, zahrialo pri srdci. Je to láskavy príbeh pre deti o putovaní do Betlehema, ako stvorený na čítanie počas adventu. Veľké plus je aj krásne vydanie s úžasnými ilustráciami :)
Marla
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I have wonderfully fond memories of reading this with my kids each Advent season starting when Anna was about 6 or 7 and Luke was 2 or 3. It has a perfect cadence for rereading; we looked forward to it every year. My children loved it when we had the angel comically shout: "FEAR NOT! FEAR NOT FEAR NOT!" Ah, those were the days. We had hoped to get in a chapter or two this Christmastime when everyone was home, but it didn't happen. Maybe next year....
Victoria Lie
It isn't Christmas until Joakim has bought his magical Christmas Calendar.
Bregje (B a Reader)
I loved Gaarder's Sophie's World and was really excited when I found a Christmas story written by him but unfortunately this book was quite a let down. The ending was alright, but most of the book was very boring. There was a lot of repetition in the plot, in the things the characters said and some of the supernatural concepts were explained over and over again as if the reader had completely forgotten what had happened just a chapter ago. There was also very little tension in the book, so I was ...more
PurplyCookie
"Christmas is the world's biggest birthday party, for everybody in the world is invited to join in. That's why the party has lasted for so many years."

Fifty years ago a girl disappeared from her home in Norway. She ran after a lamb and found herself travelling right across Europe to Palestine, and back through 2,000 years to meet the Holy Family in Bethlehem. There Elisabet met angels (Ephiriel, Impuriel, Seraphiel, Cherubiel and Evangeliel), shepherds (Joshua, Jacob, Isaac and Daniel), wise men
Martin Lutonsky
Ze začátku jsem si nebyl jistý, co od toho čekat. Postupně se však vše rozjelo a je tu milý příběh, který nás velmi zlehka provede křesťanskými dějinami. Jednoznačně nezapomenutelné je hlasové podání všech zapojených interpretů - audiokniha je fakt skvost.
Poiema
Oct 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
If you have ever read Jostein Gaarder's book, Sophie's World, you know this author can twist the plot in such a way as to boggle the mind. The Christmas Mystery is a little more innocuous than Sophie's World, and a little more meaty than most Christmas "fluff" stories. I first read it several years ago on the advise of my friend Krakovianka, who recently updated her original review here.

Our family is enjoying it a second time through this year. It is set up similar to an advent calendar, where o
Catka
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas-read
Hey look! Christmas is here.
  • Christmas in Noisy Village
  • Parados øye (Phenomena, #2)
  • Klatremus Og De Andre Dyr I Hakkebakkeskoven
  • Kompani Orheim (Jarle Klepp, #2)
  • De fire og han som gjør galt verre - Begynnelsen
  • Døden på Oslo S (Pelle og Proffen, #2)
  • Pettersson kriegt Weihnachtsbesuch
  • Mormor og de åtte ungene i skogen
  • Theo's Odyssey
  • Can You See What I See?: The Night Before Christmas: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
  • The Little Fir Tree
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel
  • The Birds of Bethlehem
  • Whispering to Witches
  • The Christmas Journey
Jostein Gaarder is a Norwegian intellectual and author of several novels, short stories, and children's books. Gaarder often writes from the perspective of children, exploring their sense of wonder about the world. He often uses meta-fiction in his works, writing stories within stories.

Gaarder was born into a pedagogical family. His best known work is the novel Sophie's World, subtitled "A Novel a
“... perhaps the clock hands had become so tired of going in the same direction year after year that they had suddenly begun to go the opposite way instead...” 41 likes
“But it's important to be happy about the little you have. However little it is, it's infinitely more than nothing.” 4 likes