Start by marking “The Fall of the Templar (Grey Griffins, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fall of the Templar (Grey Griffins, #3)

The Fall of the Templar (Grey Griffins #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  1,487 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
The action-packed third installment of the legend of the GREY GRIFFINS!

The epic battle between the Grey Griffins and forces of evil continues, as Max, Harley, and Natalia face off against Morgan La Fey and Lord Sumner. The friends also struggle to find a way to save Ernie, who remains trapped in an enchanted coma, and Max must come to terms with his father's most wicked be
Published January 1st 2008 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about The Fall of the Templar, please sign up.

Isabel S. There's a sequel series. It starts with "The Brimstone Key", I think. You'll find it if you search for other books by the same authors.

Rebekah
May 28, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. As in, ridiculously bad. How long have I been trying to finish this book? It was painful, and if I wasn't obsessed with finishing every book I started, I never would've gotten through it. It's such a disappointment after the first book in the series was so good.

First of all, I can't count the number of things that were stolen from other books/movies, and I'm talking about exact quotes:

"I'm not scared!"
"You will be!"

Star Wars, anyone? And that's not the only one. Jacob and I were litera
Keshia
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this trilogy! This book was a wonderful end to the Grey Griffins' initial quest. Here are some of the best things about this book and the other 2 in the trilogy:
1) The books have a unique way of bringing fantasy and history to life.
2) The books are enjoyable, fast-paced reads for all ages
3) The characters! The characters teach us so much. I think we have all felt like each of the Griffins at one time or another. Natalia: smart, calculating, and trying not to feel hurt by those
Jazzie Suknanan
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Totally awesome book! Max Sumner and the grey griffins are faced off yet again with the evil witch that still haunts their dreams and the ghoulish trolls and pixies that lurk every corner of their rooms. Great book if you like suspense/thriller. This book really kees you up at night and keeps you flipping through the pages for more. This is the third book in the series that i have read and it is really good. But this time Max is faced off to defeat one of his most haunting enemies ever......his ...more
MizziQ
Mar 18, 2011 rated it did not like it
I was so pleased with the 1st book I just don't know what happened with the 2nd and 3rd. It gave closure, but I still wish there was something more that happened. I just wasn't surprised or moved by anything that happened. Thumbs down. :(
Dale Russell
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first story of the GREY GRIFFINS comes to its conclusion in this exciting last chapter. Max and friends have put the entire world in danger due to Max's misguided loyalties. Further more, one of the Griffins has been terribly injured and is on the verge of death.

The team must harness all their experience, courage, and teamwork to save the world as well as each other.

The authors take you back into the world of Fairies, Gods, and all things Supernatural as the Griffins team up with their frie
Brogan Nicolds
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was definitely better than the second book, but still had a few things that kind of ruined it for me. The climax was extremely short and had no complete resolution afterward because it occurred so late in the book. The other problem was that some of the important information that should have been in the second book was kind of carelessly shoved into casual conversation like it meant nothing, probably an attempt at some sort of plot for a huge twist, but it just bugged me. All in all though, ...more
Michelle
Jan 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: favorites, kids-lit
This is the third book in the Grey Griffins series and they just keep getting better!

In The Fall of the Templar, the friends learn more about the Templar Knights and the magical world around them as they attempt to thwart world destruction. You meet interesting new characters, get to know familiar characters better, and enjoy another exciting adventure with the Grey Griffins that will leave you wishing that you already had book four!

This fun, action-packed fantasy series is great for all ages. F
Mandy
Nov 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers
Max and the Grey Griffins are back and better than ever. Well although they've got some trouble to deal with. Max's father now has the Spear of Ragnarok and things don't look good. The Spear of Ragnarok can control the end of the world, but one thing is missing; only the Guardian of the Codex can work it. So Max has to be super careful about where or what he is doing because if the Black Wolf society catches him, well things will turn for the worse. The Griffins and with the help of the Templar ...more
Roxanne
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Kind of anti-climatic since the end battle or whatever was in the last twenty or so pages and was wrapped up in 5 pages...but it was by far the best installment of the trilogy. There was more world building that should have been in the first book and there were more point of views so I wasn't too annoyed with Ernie and Natalia. Glad to be done with this trilogy. It was definitely a little too middle grade for me.
Oliver
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book! I liked the suspense and the creepiness of it all. It was mysterious, and you couldn't even guess what was going to happen next! This was an amazing book! If you're reading this, don't forget to read book 1, Revenge of the Shadow King, and book two, The rise of the Black Wolf! :D
Lisa
Mar 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Just finished this morning and it tied the series up nicely if there are to be no future installments but left room in case there are. I think it is an excellent break from the traditional "Pokemon cards and game" in today's society by combing the Round Table Card Game with fantasy history as most of us know it, introducing King Arthur's story to the Pokemon kids of today.
Kyra
Jan 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I did not like this book better than the second one. The title did not fit it at all though, in fact it is an absolutely terrible title. Also the ending was written sort of strangely and kinda hard for me to follow. But I got what it was saying after reflecting. This book is worth reading if you are already hooked on the series.
Dayna Smith
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
The final book in the Grey Griffins Trilogy. The Griffins face the most dangerous challenge of their lives. Ernie is still trapped in an enchanted coma and Max's father is trying to destroy the world. Max, his friends, and the few remaining Templars head to the Underworld to locate the Eye of Odin which will prevent Lord Sumner from using the Spear of Ragnarok before it's too late.
Dazha Alyce
Mar 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Honestly I would not have finished this book had I not wasted 13 dollars on it. The plot was inconsistent and it was like reading a different story every-other chapter. It was basically and amalgam of different books and movies with maybe some originality. Maybe eight year old me would've enjoyed this book because that's when I started this series but definitely not now.
Mar 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
While it was intricately written, I honestly believe that some of the writing felt stiff at times. Although I didn't read the first two books, this book managed to give me most of the information about what happened. I think that the book's fantasy writing was a bit too cliché and wasn't really that interesting.
Denton
Apr 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Really good!Read this series if you have time.My favorite book of all time! p.s. third in series. first book Revenge of the Shadow King. second book the rise of the Black Wolf. I can lend any of this seies to you except the first one.
Avni
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was a bit weaker than the last, but still interesting. The unresolvedness at the end bothers me, especially since this is supposedly the end of a trilogy. While predictable, the element of some failure is unique and allows for not such a "happy-ever-after" which I appreciated.
Becky
Apr 27, 2012 rated it liked it
It ended better than I thought it would, but it seemed a little anti-climatic, and the final "battle" didn't feel like it was written very well. It glossed through a lot, and didn't feel like the epic battle that it was supposed to be. It left it open ended, so there might be another book.
Ethan
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is a really exciting and filled with action! I can easily connect to this book and picture the things they say. It's basically fantasy/science fiction; if you like genres like these, I strongly recommend reading this book.
Brian Hull
Dec 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. My son Dylan gave it to me, because after he bought it at his school's book fair, he tried to read it, but it was a little to much for him (too many pages), so he gave it to me. I hope he an Sean will read it in the future.
Cathrine Bonham
Jan 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
It felt like the Griffins were treated too much like kids in this book. It has been a while since I first read "The Shadow Kings Revenge" but I don't think that they had nerely as much adult interferance in the first two books.
Achinthya
May 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Final book of the Grey Griffins series. . . blew me away. Max's emotions play a huge part in this book, and there are some betrayals. . . Aside from that, it is like most Grey Griffins books. AMAZING AND MUST READ!
Quantum Thief - Dark Puppet Angel 01
AMAZING!!!!!!
Shannon Messenger
Fun, original middle-grade fantasy. In a very saturated category, this series stands out in all the right ways!
Matthew Ma
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think that this book is a very interesting book full with fantasy and jam filled with danger and curiosity.
Debora Elefano
This turns me on. While I was reading it my suspense level was going up and up (hehe)
Johnny
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-loans
A lot better than the previous book! Still with unexplained cliffhanger chapter endings, but everything seems to be of a higher level. The writers have more experience :)
Hawkeye
Nov 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
have not read yet
Natalia
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow... I MUST KNOW MORE
Jean Callaway
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Had some surprises in the book that tied up loose ends from the last book. Good ending to the trilogy.
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 15 (Vampire Game, #15)
  • Betrayal on Orbis 2 (The Softwire #2)
  • The Monsters of Otherness (Erec Rex, #2)
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 16: The Room of Spirit and Time (Dragon Ball Z, #16)
  • The Dragon Society (Obsidian Chronicles, #2)
  • Hammerhead (Mars Diaries, #4)
  • Corby Flood (Far-Flung Adventures, #2)
  • The Search for the Red Dragon (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #2)
  • Monster Madness (Nightmare Academy #2)
  • Sabertooth Mountain (Dinotopia, #5)
  • Ambush (Pillage, #3)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #2)
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • Rivers of Fire (Atherton, #2)
Born in the wrong place, and unquestionably the wrong time, Derek Benz spent most of his early years trying to figure out where he was and why he was different than everyone else. By the age of five, he had stumbled upon the answer: the rest of humanity was really nothing more than an elaborate hoax of cleverly disguised robots, and he was the only real human among them. Having overcome that myste ...more
More about Derek Benz...

Grey Griffins (3 books)
  • The Revenge of the Shadow King (Grey Griffins, #1)
  • The Rise of the Black Wolf (Grey Griffins, #2)