Start by marking “The Bone Trail (Wyrmeweald, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Bone Trail (Wyrmeweald, #3)

The Bone Trail

(Wyrmeweald #3)

An entire heard of greywyrmes, slaughtered for their flameoil.

Others trapped, then viciously herded through the mountains.

And more and more settlers heading up to the high country, the bones of those who don't make it littering the way, stark and white, picked clean by carrionwyrmes - the bone trail...

Trouble is brewing on the weald. A great whitewyrme and his kin send out
Published February 5th 2013 by Doubleday (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Bone Trail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bone Trail

Start your review of The Bone Trail (Wyrmeweald, #3)
Dan
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: monsters, young-adult
I think this was my favourite book in the Stewart/Riddell trilogy. This book is very much frontier-fantasy, i.e. a sort of cowboy feel but in a land with fantasy creatures in it. It focuses on three different storylines which gradually get drawn together.

The first continues Micah, Cara and Eli's story as they travel through the Weald. They meet two new characters, brothers Cody and Ethan who not so dissimilar to Micah when he first headed out into the weald. Not masses happens in this
Jenna
Sep 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Review posted on my blog The Otaku Librarian.

I had such high hopes for this book, since I so loved the first and believed it was just a second-book symptom in Blood Honey, but overall this was disappointing. Look at that cover, and look at the tag-line! The great blueblack wyrme and Thrace back in her soulskin fighting bravely. And that's not at all what this book was to me.

Yes, I did enjoy the journey with Micah and Eli, but it felt quite repetitive when they met the two brothers who are
Heather
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What do I love about this series?
It's really hard to put my finger on. The synopsis implies Micah and Thrace at the main two characters, yet the weald encompasses so many more characters. None slowed the pace or took away from the lingering hope of Micah and Thrace finding each other in the end.
I would have liked to see the Keld a bit more in this final book, but over all I was satisfied.
I loved how the wyrmes had chapters and story lines just for themselves, not simply being displayed as
Mark Bates
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The team behind the edge chronicles have done it again! While perhaps not as clever or epic as their previous series, this is still a triumph of writing. They create a world with a lot less detail, it is very barren with only a small number of characters, and yet still create a relevant and engaging story with interesting characters. Across three novels, the world of wyrmeweald shows us that it's not all about the world you create but how you create it.
Karl Orbell
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
So, the final instalment of the so-far immensely excellent Wyrmeweald trilogy... how did it fare?

This is very much a continuation of the last book, the trilogy pretty much has to be read in order, or it would be greatly impoverished. So this review is not designed for those who have not yet read the proceeding books, I always avoid storyline details heavily at any rate.

As the last book finished, many storylines were in play. The great white wyrmes out in new lands, Thrace wintering in their old
I'mogén
Jan 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Chris Whybrow
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Martha Meyer
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
A wonderful and affecting conclusion to this great dark fantasy about a region where dragons preside - and the few human travelers often become part of the Bone Trail. Full of death, hubris, violence and revenge, this is not another Edge Chronicles. This is Micah's story, who survived because he traveled with Eli the cragclimber; Micah loved Thrase, the kin girl bonded with Aseel the whitewyrme, but lost her fully to dragonkind. He and Eli now bring Cara along on their travels because they ...more
Muschelmagier
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Spannend bis zur letzten Seite!
GeraniumCat
Loved the illustration and the look of the book, couldn't really get on with the story. I may go back to it afresh sometime; the problem may have been my mood.
Nomes
Feb 14, 2018
Angus
Jan 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Beast Within (Nemesis #2)
  • Into the Shadows (Nemesis #1)
  • Ride of Death (Nemesis #4)
  • Sinister Intent (Nemesis #3)
  • Bedlam (Skulduggery Pleasant, #12)
  • The Embassy of Cambodia
  • Hatter M, Volume 6: Seeking Wonder
  • Estranged (Estranged, #1)
  • Short and Scary
  • The Singing Bones
  • Nightlights (Nightlights #1)
  • Middlewest, Book One
  • Bone: Tall Tales
  • Bone: Quest for the Spark Vol. 3
  • Bone: Quest for the Spark, Vol. 2
  • Bone: Quest for the Spark, Vol. 1
  • Rick and Morty Presents, Vol. 1
  • D'un Monde à l'Autre (La Quête d'Ewilan BD, #1)
Paul Stewart is a highly regarded author of books for young readers – from picture books to football stories, fantasy and horror. Together with Chris Riddell he is co-creator of the bestselling Edge Chronicles, which has sold more than three million copies and is available in over twenty languages. They have also collaborated together on lots of other exciting books for children of all ages. The ...more

Wyrmeweald (3 books)
  • Returner's Wealth (Wyrmeweald, #1)
  • Bloodhoney (Wyrmeweald, #2)