Start by marking “Thursday Nights (Charistown, #1)” as Want to Read:
Thursday Nights (Charistown, #1)

Thursday Nights

(Charistown #1)

Pain can leave even the strongest of people weak and hollow. But when fate brings two weak souls together, will the love they find mend the fragments that are barely holding them together, or will the weight of their past finally cause them to crumble?

Nook, 298 pages
Published May 6th 2013 by Super Dandy Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Thursday Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thursday Nights

Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergBully by Penelope DouglasCollide by Gail McHughBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
463 books — 4,133 voters
Collide by Gail McHughThe Forgotten Ones by Laura  HowardWait for You by J. LynnBreathe into Me by Amanda  StoneRunning on Empty by L.B. Simmons
Lucky '13s
213 books — 1,392 voters

More lists with this book...

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This Review was Posted at Angie's Dreamy Reads!

5 STARS

I’ve been in a little bit of a book funk lately, not being able to find that book that really get’s to me and draws me in. There have been a lot that I have started and put down because honestly, they just aren’t speaking to me. Going into this one I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. I hadn’t read the synopsis but new that I liked the “look” of the book and wanted to read it based on that alone. As I started reading I started falling in lov
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeGr2xBbysb_zpsf74bc1bb.gif

FREE today on Amazon US (11/20/2014)

BLURB:

Max DeLucca has spent seven years trying to forget the betrayal of his past. He lives his life from day to day never looking forward and never looking back. The walls around his heart keep anyone from get
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

THIS BOOK GAVE ME HEADACHE!

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't

photo wtfbookthrow.gif

Wasted my time reading.....Way too much drama about her mate and gosh, Max writing those letters, totally got me headache!
I tried but I gave up!

Only Plus Point was those steamy sex scenes and yummy was Max!!! That was 2 stars!

My redhead girlfriend dumped me a couple of weeks ago so bye for the day imgur

How I did pick up this book , am wondering.... synopsis so wrong!

What I said when I walked out of tutoring a kid in math when he decided to check Facebook as I was teaching him something. If yo

Ain't gonna read the next book! Waste of quids!!
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FIVE Stars
Heat Level/HOT

My two favorite things about this book are...the heart of these characters...and the level of emotion and angst. Oh, and I forgot the smokin' hot sex. Wowzers.

Max and Janie are well-developed, lovely, and intensely attracted to each other. And through meeting and hanging out together at a local bar, they develop serious feelings for each other...although Max tries and tries to deny his.

Max has been through hell when it comes to love. Chloe, his now dead wife, cheated and
Michelle
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
In the first installment of Charistown Series we meet the players and the leading couple, Janie & Max.

Max gave up on the idea of love a long time ago. He gave his heart once and all he got in return for all his loyalty was absolutely nothing. Heartbroken after a failed marriage, bartending at Danny’s on Main and bedding willing women in a game of no strings attached is all this boy needs. Until her.

Janie wants one thing. Love. Growing up in a household of neglect and an endless parade of wo
Kirsty
Mar 28, 2013 added it
Shelves: read-in-2013, dnf
DNF @ 40%.

I give in, I just can't be doing with it any longer. This book is too much. There has been so much hype over this book that I thought it was going to be incredible.. well I think that was half the problem. There was way too much hype and it just hasn't lived up to it.

It will probably be easier just to list my issues here..

• When I read a book I want there to be two main characters and that the story revolve mainly around those two. From reading the blurb I thought that would be the cas
L.B.
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to Beta read for Ms. Paul and her lovely book, and let me just tell you...

I was in one of those funky reading ruts, nothing was really holding my attention, until I dove into the first chapter of this book. WOWZA!

Okay, so the characters...every single one of them, you fall in love with. You want to know more, and you will eventually, but this story revolves around Max and Janie. I LOVE THEM BOTH! Both of them have deep rooted issues they must overcome, and I love Ms. Paul's d
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 to 4 Stars!

I enjoyed this one. It was a bit different, which is a plus. There were a lot of characters and a few different storylines going on. I am guessing to prep us for the other books in the series. Bottomline, for the most part I liked all of the characters.

There are a group of friends--Max, Janie, Layla, Ryan, Ashley and Kyle + Danny and Julie who own the bar--that all hang out at Danny's on Main every Thursday Night. There's also another side character--Sebastian Gage--that is Max's
Pamela
I cannot believe this is Lisa Paul's debut novel as it's absolutely amazing; so much so that I read it in one sitting (half the time with my legs crossed). I absolutely loved everything about this intriguing and romantic tale that includes a host of well-rounded characters that includes the protagonists, Max and Janie; all of whom I couldn't get enough; so much so, I wished I was part of their "family." Though this novel revolves around Max and Janie, the author enriches the story further by giv ...more
Michelle Mankin
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Had the privilege to read this in rough draft form. It is STEAMY!!!!!
Ellelou
Oct 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
 photo get-attachmentaspx_zps2ef7d998.gif

Sorry, but I just can't continue reading this book and it will have to go on my DNF shelf. You know that it is bad when even the sex scenes can't keep you engaged and interested.

I just couldn't connect with Max who is in late thirties, 37 if I'm correct. His constant self pitying and self doubting were off putting and not sexy! I can just about tolerate them from a teenager in a YA novella but hell, Max obviously didn't get the memo! Below are only few of the Max's inner monologue, and don't fo
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “Words…I need words” Kisses

Love, Pain, Sadness, Regret, Forgiveness…is the heart strong enough to overcome self imposed walls? Thursday Nights is a book that will always be very near and dear to my heart…for many reasons, the first one being because I beta read for it, so it kinda feels like the whole Charistown crew and I are old buds. This is not a story about instant love, or kids just out of college or star crossed lovers…it’s people with history’s t
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Thursday Nights is a PHENOMENAL... SCRUMPTIOUS... HEART TANTALIZING READ!

First I would like to say that I could not put this book down and I am so glad I read it.I read it during this period where I was in a reading funk reading the same genre and needing something else. So I opened my e-mail to see that there was a cover reveal and a blog tour for this book. The minute I saw the cover I knew I would love the book. Once you have read the book you will see why the cover is such a perfect fit. God
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Really disappointed with this one, it started off well but quickly became a bit confusing and a bit boring to be honest. Janie and Lyla are two best friends with troubled pasts and have been hanging out at Dannys bar for the last 6 months and have become really good friends with the owners and bar staff. Max and Janie decide to hook up one night but due to his trust issues he turns cold on her the next day. After lots of to-ing and fro-ing, eventually he realises he is in fact in love with her.

A
Jessica
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I "met" Lisa through her Lisa Reads blog. I did beta reading before and she asked me to do it for her! I was so excited since I love her Blog. I had the privilege to read this book as it was being created and loved every minute of it. The thing I love most about the book is ... you feel for the characters right away. You are invested in ALL of them and want to know how their lives will progress.

The stuff Max goes through just breaks your heart. I think you instantly fall in love with Max and Jan
Sharon
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: already-read
Thursday Nights was one hot, sexy, well written book !!! I could not put it down and read it straight through, well into the night. The story itself was fabulous ( I could not wait to see what happened next ) and the sex scenes were more than fabulous, they were, well.............mind blowing !!! Sexy, hot, mouth watering (plus) and loving, are just a few adjectives that come to mind. The sex scenes in Thursday Nights actually made me tingle and left me wanting more !!! This book is a must read ...more
Jamie
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Very easy read..very hot and descriptive *wink*....just enough angst..cute...funny...and FREE!!!
Joletta
I picked up Thursday Night because I thought I was getting a nice, comfy cookie cutter type romance that I could settle in with and gently wash away the super heavy vibe of the past few books. There is nothing wrong with those sweet romances, guy-meets-girl-they-overcome-hardship-and-live-happily-ever-after. I live for these books, drama is awesome but sometimes you need to clean the palate (so to speak) with a good old fashioned romance dance. Thursday Nights is NOT a romance. It is a drop ever ...more
Kendra | Booked and Blushing
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If I had to sum my thoughts up in one word after reading this book, it would simply be...WOW!

I absolutely loved everything about this book. I loved the friendships, the steamy bedroom scenes, the romance, and I even loved the heartache. I am a cryer my friends, and I love when the words of a book can sink into my core and melt my heart, and Thursday Nights did just that.

Janie is so perfectly screwed up, and so is everyone else in their friendship circle, but having eachother to lean on is what k
Sarah's Book Blog
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thursday Nights by Lisa N. Paul Review

4.5 Stars

Amazon Click Here

B&N Click Here

Thursday Nights was actually a really good read.  It reminded me a lot about the group of friends in TV shows like Friends, Seinfeld, and Cheers.  Each character has a certain place that makes the group whole.

We have Janie, the sweet, beautiful, teacher with a sad childhood.  Lyla, the best friend, sassy, secretive one. Ashley the kick ass girl who has her own demons. Julie and Danny the parent figures of the
Anas Attic  Book Blog
See my interview with the author and giveaway at Ana's Attic Book Blog

Thursday Nights (Charistown Book 1) by Lisa Paul, is the first in a Cheers/How I Met Your Mother type of series, except with more drama and more hot sex. Thursday Nights is the night the gang all gets together at Danny's on Main, the local pub. I am so glad this is a series, because I look forward to reading much more about this gang of misfits.

Janie and Lyla have been coming to Danny's on Main on Thursday nights for 6 months,
Kim
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Imagine CHEERS with hot people with troubled pasts and fear of relationships and you get THURSDAY NIGHTS. This is the story of friends who have become a pseudo family. It all began in a bar on Thursday nights and continued to "family dinners" on Sundays. The characters of Max, Janie, Lyla, Ashley, Ryan, Kyle, Julie, and Danny are all interesting, mostly likable, but damaged or troubled in some way.

This book focuses mostly on Max and Janie. They both have past issues that have scarred them and i
Erotica Book Club
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**** EROTICA BOOK CLUB REVIEW ****

THURSDAY NIGHTS (Charistown,#1)

By Lisa N Paul

Janie Silver and her best friend Lyla Dalton go to Danny's bar every Thursday night, Max DeLucca works as a barman. Jamie and Max are really attracted to each other and one Thursday night Max propositions Jamie to a one night stand.
They both engage in a night of really hot sex but it all goes to hell!!

Max's best friend Sebastian Gage has the hots for Lyla, they are both great characters too and I feel that their stor
D.L. Roan
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love these characters! All of them. Each one is well defined with their own story. You can't help but both laugh and cry with them. This is the perfect romance filled with angst and love and smokin' hot sex. Be warned, grab a blanket and get comfortable as this story will keep you up until 3am. You won't be able to put it down!
Jessica Kurvers
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy, did I love this book! At 20% in I was already so invested in ALL of the players in this book, and thinking ahead to other books in the sieres :-) Passionate, intense, sweet, HOT... Loyal friends who become family and stand by each other, even when they don't really deserve it. Lisa made me a fan and I CAN NOT wait for Storm Front!
Crista
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

Thursday Nights by Lisa N. Paul is a book that tweaked my interest because of the smok’in hot cover and the interesting blurb. It seemed to have everything that I love in a romance novel, so I jumped at the chance to read it. I am sad to say that this one did not work for me.

The premise is great. Guy has been burned by ex and has sworn off love, girl has abandonment issues and has been traumatized by a mother plagued by addiction. These two wounded souls meet and the stage is set for an a
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
I had no idea what to think going into the book. If I am being honest, it was on our review list and I just grabbed it, I did not even read the blurb. BUT...

This book kicked me off my feet. Witty and engaging. Emotional but not over the top. It kept me glued to my kindle and I was totally invested in the characters...then I wa so glad we were asked to review this book.

The authors writing style is fabulous. The characters were "characters"! We had a rainbow of different attitudes, personalities
Marianna
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full review available at A Lust For Reading.

Every now and then a freebie on Amazon can be a real gem and help you discover a great author. This is how I found C.D. Reiss and her Songs of Submission series. Back in August, Thursday Nights popped up as free and I quickly snatched it up. I finally got around to reading it this past weekend and I was not disappointed.

Janie and Lyla both have troubled family pasts, but they have found a new family in Charistown, PA. The crew at Danny's on Main bar a
Kate's Corner
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
My hat off to the author for this beautiful debut novel

Thursday Nights is a witty, heart wrenching and warming start to a new series.
Janie and Lyla have been best friends since college (as they share most of their secrets) They both are unlucky in love (but Lyla chooses to) Janie wants and needs to find her Prince Charming (it's not that easy though)
Every Thursday they go to Danny's on Main and drink their cocktails (they have found a family of choice) and you can really feel the love between
Virginie
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-damn, cute
This is the story of Max and Janie. Max is a broken man, betrayed by his ex wife, a man who believes that he has nothing left to give and refuses to get into another relationship. Basically the type of man that deep down all women want to fix. Janie and Max are friends and end up having sex. Janie is ready for more than being friends with benefits, but Max is not and there now lies the problem because this night of passion has impacted their friendship. I enjoyed Max and Janie's journey to their ...more

• Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • More Than One Night
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
  • Being Chased (CEP, #1)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
  • The Bridge (The Bridge, #1)
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
  • Touch of Eden
  • Hate Me
  • Beautiful Downfall
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • Holding On (Holding On, #1)
  • Broken Pasts
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Addicted to Him
  • Blown
  • Your Favorite Girl (YFG, #1)
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend,a reader, a writer, and a self proclaimed comedian. (Just not always in that order.)

I have loved reading ever since I was a little girl, in fact one of the first series I remember falling in love with was the Sweet Valley High series by Francine Pascal. Those books started my obsession with series/related books.

Writing has always been a passio

Charistown (5 books)
  • Storm Front (Charistown, #2)
  • Breaking to Breathe (Charistown, #3)
  • Danny's Main (Charistown, #4)
  • Strength in Release (Charistown, #5)
“she deserves a man who will love her entirely, a man who will put her needs first. Someone that will wake up each morning knowing he is one lucky bastard because she is tucked in at his side and that same someone will show her how important she is to him each night as he lies down next to her in bed. Every hour in between waking up and going to sleep she should know that she is loved. There should never ever be a question or doubt in her mind that she is worth loving.” 1 likes