Start by marking “Екстази” as Want to Read:
Екстази

Екстази

“Светът на Уелш е груб, долнопробен и брутален, но също брилянтен, забавен и пропит от своеобразен пънк морал.”
Сънди Експрес

“Жаргонният стил и необузданата любов са по-впечатляващи от всякога.”
Арена
Published 1998 by Кротал (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Екстази, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Екстази

Makis Dionis
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guiness, malt
Ξέρει τη χημεία, ξέρει το περιθώριο, ξέρει τους εγκλωβισμους της σύγχρονης μικροαστικής τάξης, ξέρει τα μικρά πάθη που ομορφαίνουν τις στιγμές και δίνουν νόημα στο να συνεχίζεις.
Ξερει να γράφει γαμημενα υπέροχα.
Dani Jade
'Ecstasy' (or 'Ecstasy: 3 Tales of Chemical Romance') is a book comprised of three short stories all centring around love/sex/relationships/romance whilst high on Ecstasy.

I really enjoyed the first two stories in this collection, but wasn't such a fan of the third. Which is a shame, as that was the longest. Overall though I can say I did like it more than Trainspotting, which I found good but quite painful to read.

I'm really glad I've finally read this book; I've been meaning to since I was abou
JK
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You all know how I feel about Welsh. His crass, brazen stories filled with shock, drugs, and all kinds of abuse, absolutely thrill and delight me. Every new release of his I will devour rather than savour, subsequently churning out reviews filled with crazed praise and fangirl ramblings. This time I decided to go back to his earlier work and treat myself to something more raw and rough.

Ecstasy is comprised of three short stories, all in relation to chemical romances and relationships. This is th
Emma
May 17, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really disturbing, but I remember this as a great read nonetheless. Welsh has the ability to make the hair stand up on the back of your neck with deceptively simple descriptions of wholly credible human callousness and abuse, peppered with characters that you know you met at some party or other, late one night... Hideous but awesome in equal quantities. I really enjoyed his writing style.
Παύλος
Αγώνας σχεδόν καθημερινός για δύο χρόνια μέχρι να καταφέρω να βρω το συγκεκριμένο διαμάντι. Ερωτήσεις σε όλα τα βιβλιοπωλεία, μικρά και μεγάλα, στον κ.Νίκο Χατζόπουλο (ιδιοκτήτη του Οξέως) και σε φόρουμ. Τελικά βρέθηκε και δε πρόκειται να το αποχωριστώ.

Τρεις ιστορίες όλες εμποτισμένες με την αβεβαιότητα και τον φόβο των ναρκωτικών. Πρωταγωνιστές είναι η γενιά του acid house και του techno οι οποίοι ζουν ουσιαστικά μόνο τα Σαββατοκύριακα μέσα στη δίνη των χαπιών και των πάρτυ.

Στην πρώτη ιστορία
Stephanie
Okay...so all three of these stories created very very different feelings in me. The first one was sick and twisted and made me laugh, the second one made me cringe a bit and feel slightly depressed, and the last one I thought was a very sweet love story. This book has a LOT of foul language, so enter at your own risk.
Richard English
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dirty, disgusting, and disturbingly amusing.
Sara Williams
“It was the books I started reading. It was the music I started listening to. It was the television I started watching. I found myself thinking again. I tried to stop because it was only causing pain. I couldn't. When all this is in your head it has to come out into your life. If it doesn't, you get crushed. I'm not going to get crushed.”

My first Irvine Welsh.
I purchased quite a few of his books for a very cheap price (unfortunately the iconic Trainspotting wasn't on the list, neither was Fil
Metodi Markov
May 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: modern, uk
Тази книга съдържа три новели на Ървин Уелш.

Струва си да се прочете само средната, все пак не всеки ден някой сътворява безръки терористи, но и тя не е връх на сладоледа. :)

Другите две се оказаха безнадеждно остарели и безинтересни за мен.
Sara
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ogni tanto la vita ti sembra grigia, ogni tanto finisce che ti chiedi il perché di tutta questa fatica, ogni tanto vorresti qualcosa di più. Welsh lo sapeva e lo ha scritto. Leggerlo va benissimo, se non sei in uno di quei momenti in cui te lo chiedi troppo spesso, che cos'è questa noia che ti dà la nausea.

Ma ogni tanto è malessere fisiologico e va tutto bene, credo.

Gli invitti *****

"Nah, non sto scherzando. Sto cercando l'amore".

"Forse è quello che in realtà stiamo cercando tutti, Ally".

La fort
Nick Davies
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Three stories - the first two of which were brilliant, the last a bit long and pointless though not without charm - which properly illustrate Welsh at his best. Witty, shocking, touching in places.. I also thought the author's wider range of subjects/characters showed his talents to the full. Despite never having really been part of any of the 'scenes' touched on in depth in these stories, I did however gain a lot of pleasure from remembering younger and more carefree times in my youth.
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gift
Dos estrellas con todo el dolor de mi corazón porque fue un regalo de un amigo y que no me gustase me ha dolido en el alma. Lo he intentado con todas mis fuerzas pero no me ha transmitido nada, me ha resultado pedante, vacío y repetitivo a pesar de que me he saltado partes y he empezado cada uno de los relatos con la mentalidad de “este es el bueno”, pero para mi terminar este libro ha resultado ser una misión imposible.
Tatiana
Sep 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Не поняла я в чем прикол. Мерзкое ощущение после прочтения.
John
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God I love how this man writes. I'm mean he's funny and he's clever but it's the romantic in him that I love. His ability to find the beauty in the warts and all
Holly
Jan 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not the type of book I would normally read, but the bold, ballsy cover art seduced me and I was hooked. Before 'Ecstasy' I'd never read an Irvine Welsh book but had flirted with the idea for a number of years. Considering the number of successful film adaptations his novels have spawned (think Danny Boyle's 'Trainspotting' or most recently 'Filth') I didn't doubt Welsh's talent but more the confrontational nature of his graphic and typically grotesque subject matter. With this book howev ...more
Sam
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Irvine Welsh. I start every review on here of one of his books with that because I think it'll be very difficult for me to ever be too critical of his work. This is no real departure from what I've known to love but I still lapped it up. The first story of the three is slightly more bizarre than I've come to expect but still entertaining. The second was an ideal example of the short-story format, yet scarificed none of Welsh's 'everyday' life characterisation - it was utterly depraved, wh ...more
J.M. Hushour
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welsh excels at that kind of Clockwork-Orangian art of endearing the reader to shitty people. In these three stories--all loosely bound together only by the characters' frequent use of the titular drug--we meet an obese romance writer and her filthy husband, a soccer hooligan seduced by an armless woman to viciously murder the people who made the drug that made her born armless, and two sad-sack fucks who fall in love (or do they?) when they are on titular drug.
The blurb is misleading, somehow,
Morgue Anne
Jan 24, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of "Drug Novels"
Yet another great book on drugs. This is actually three stories in one book, each story told from several different perspectives. You meet a stream of loveable and not so loveable characters and some hardcore cockney spellings that will force you to reread a few pages. Great for fans of Party Monster/Disco Bloodbath, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and the like. If you're into books with that wonderful, disconnected voice of an author who has done more than his fair share of, well, Ecstasy.
Anthony
Aug 13, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found the three short stories in this collection to be completely implausible. I initially chose to read this book because I assumed it would realistically portray the underground life of club-goers and the highs and lows of ecstasy use. Needless to say, it did not deliver on either facet.
On a side note, I personally think that the transcribing of the Scottish dialect phonetically really deters from the stories themselves, for I found myself getting bogged down more often than not in trying
Rachel 💚💚💚
I'm not even sure why I read this, I don't even like his style. I can't understand the accents
Andreia Reis
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ADOREIIII!!!!!!
Mas que bela surpresa.
Sem duvida alguma que quero ler mais coisas deste escritor.
^_^
Angie Michelle Muñoz castilla
Tres cuentos de amor y drogas del increíble: Irvine Welsh.
Con este libro me he dado cuenta que es como si Irvine escribiera para mi. Lo sé, lo sé, suena muy utópico y estúpido, pero ¡ALA!
1. Lorraine va a Livingston : 4/5 : necrofília, éxtasis, infidelidad y gente buscando etiquetas. Pensé que no podría haber mejor final.

2.La fortuna siempre se oculta: 5/5 : Talidomida, amor entre fetos con malformaciones y una de las mejores venganzas que he podido leer.
Este cuento me ha provocado tantas divers
João Moura
Ao contrário de outros autores em que queremos nos deliciar lentamente com cada frase e página, Irvine Welsh coloca-nos como os junkies dos seus livros, a devorar página atrás de página, até colarmos as peças do puzzle que ele vai deixando e percebermos como tudo acaba...
Ecstasy é mais um grande livro sobre drogas, intercalado com música, futebol (hooliganismo) e o que os seus intervenientes pensam ser amor. Viciante, sujo e hilariante como sempre, consegue ainda intercalar personagens e históri
The Dark Krystal
I didn't read this for the cover, my fascination and simultaneous utter disgust of the x culture or even the fact that this was written by the same author as "Trainspotting". No, I read this because this is the book that Mikey Way was looking at and suggested they name their band after it.

I doubt he read this book any more than he practiced the bass guitar before playing in a band.

I love the band, not the book, but it was an interesting read nonetheless.
Mark Barrett
Three typically harsh tales from Welsh. Not among his greatest works, but thoroughly recommended for fans. I wouldn't advise coming to this collection for your first experience of Welsh, though. There are some great moments - the acid trip monologue in the final story is hilarious - but not that many. Enjoyable.
Neri.
Oct 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't liked this book. It was boring, pretencious and all the irish dialect words made it hard to read. No particular plot was found in any of three strories and a no good character development either.
El Cuaderno de Chris
Muy diferente a lo que estoy acostumbrado, pero sorprendido por la forma. Tres relatos fantásticos, sin embargo el tercero decae un poco logrando en la segunda parte volver a tomar el ritmo de las anteriores historias. Se podría decir que son historias de amor y de libertad, de dejar el pasado.
Julia
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know how you look away when watching a gruesome movie to be spared the most horrible scene? Ever done that when reading a gruesome book? This book made me look away. And then, because you can't help it, you continue reading...
The first story is not worth your time. The second two are pretty good. It's a dated collection, since drugs and ecstasy are the relating theme. Only a must for Welsh fans, I think.
Steve
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Welsh fun, 3 stories...2 stars for the first, 3.5 for the second, 5 for the last.
I'm excited to read this. 2 20 Jun 07, 2012 01:33AM

• Trainspotting: A Screenplay (Based on the Novel by Irvine Welsh)
  • Български хроники, том 3 (Български хроники, #3)
  • Altered State: The Story of Ecstasy Culture and Acid House
  • Lenin: A New Biography
  • What Would Keith Richards Do?: Daily Affirmations from a Rock and Roll Survivor
  • The Quantity Theory of Insanity
  • No Speed Limit: The Highs and Lows of Meth
  • Not Not While the Giro
  • Lysergic
  • Нощем с белите коне
Probably most famous for his gritty depiction of a gang of Scottish Heroin addicts, Trainspotting (1993), Welsh focuses on the darker side of human nature and drug use. All of his novels are set in his native Scotland and filled with anti-heroes, small time crooks and hooligans. Welsh manages, however to imbue these characters with a sad humanity that makes them likable despite their obvious scumb ...more
“When two people were in love you had to leave them to it. Especially when you weren't in love and wished that you were. That could embarrass. That could hurt.” 46 likes
“It was the books I started reading.
I couldn't.
Wen all this is in your head it has to come out into your life. If it doesn't, you get crushed. I'm not going to get crushed.”
22 likes