Start by marking “It Felt Like a Kiss” as Want to Read:
It Felt Like a Kiss

It Felt Like a Kiss

Meet Ellie Cohen, one of the most perfect girls in London.

Ellie manages a swank Mayfair gallery, but it’s her life that’s a real work of art. Great job, really good hair, loyal friends, loving family. It’s only her succession of lame duck boyfriends that ruin the picture.

Oh, and the world-famous rock-star father she’s never met, who won’t even acknowledge her existence.

The
Published January 30th 2014 by Corgi (first published May 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about It Felt Like a Kiss, please sign up.
Richa its a combination. Most of the times it is Ellies POV, other times Ari's (although hers is a little bit) while other times Manning uses the third…moreits a combination. Most of the times it is Ellies POV, other times Ari's (although hers is a little bit) while other times Manning uses the third person. (less)

Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wrote a more expansive review here: http://cleareyesfullshelves.com/blog/...

I really liked this, though with that said, I think it will definitely be hit or miss for readers--I doubt it will be a middle of the road read for anyone. It was a lot of fun that Vaughn from Unsticky played such an important role in this book (he's Ellie's, the main character, boss)--and I appreciate that he hadn't really softened at all. In that sense, because IFLaK resides in the same "world" as Unsticky, it's some
Keertana
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: swoooon
I'm not sure why I'm surprised to have enjoyed this one so much. It Felt Like a Kiss is set in the same universe as Manning's Unsticky, one of my all-time favorite novels. Yet, despite having held tightly to a copy of this on my Kindle since its release, the mixed reviews have prevented me from diving in. I've enjoyed Manning's work in the past but with the exception of Unsticky, I haven't loved them. And, as a companion novel--of sorts--to Unsticky, I wanted to love It Felt Like a Kiss. Despera ...more
Kirsty
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It is no secret that I am a Sarra Manning fan so when I got my hands on a copy of this book I was more than a little bit excited. Quite honestly it met all the expectations I had for it and I loved every page.

The book revolves around the story of Ellie a 20 something living in London a normal life working at a high end art galley until the day when her secret is leaked to the press and the tabloids have a field day making her out to be a sex crazed gold digger and printing unflattering pictures
Jane Stewart
I was impatient for things to happen. And I wish some things resolved differently.

I hated the jumping back and forth in time. The main story is 26-year-old Ellie in 2013. There were seventeen flashbacks to 1986 and 1987 about her mother dating and having a baby. I would have preferred the author tell the entire 1986 story first, and then the Ellie story. There was nothing major in the flashback story that needed to be saved for later. During the present day story I was impatient for things to ge
mich
wow I kinda ended up really liking this book. Even though I almost DNFd it many many times.

Here's the thing: THIS BOOK IS TOO FRICKEN LONG. The setup is WAY too long & involved, it's kinda boring, it's kinda all over the place, it's kinda too much of shit we don't really need to know about before the good bits start.

But once it started getting good, I got hooked. The Ari flashbacks helped me move along when I got really bored with the present timeline I LOVE ARI.

If you've read Sa
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
The thing I've noticed about Sarra Manning books is that I either hate the protagonists or love them. This one has one of each.

Ellie is a sweetheart and bears up truly heroically in the face of a real beating (metaphorically). She's strong and determined and still sweet even when people betray or hurt her—and not in a sappy or doormat way, either. I liked her from the beginning and enjoyed spending the course of the novel with her.

David, on the other hand, is a huge jerk. He has all the data he
sue

I was in the mood today to read something light and fluffy and this book didn't disappoint me at all, it was a really nice little read.

Ellie, a 20 yr old living in London, working in a well to do art gallery has a secret that leaks out.

The tabloids get hold of it and do not let go, they are like a dog with a bone, well, we see it in the papers everyday. They make her out to be a gold digger, crazy female, pictures are printed of her in all sorts of uncompromising ways!

I really enjoyed seeing how
Steffi
2.0-2.5

The premise sounded so good and I was sure I was going to love this book. Unfortunately the premise sums up about everything that happened in this book. There were no big surprises and so I found the book absolutely dragging. I even hat to skip some pages to the end.
I am sure the whole book could have been written in a lot less pages.

The protagonist Ellie is rather a down to earth girl who should be very likeable but I couldn't feel a connection to her at all. David was an absolute pain t
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
Ellie Cohen is a straightest of the straight good British girl types you’ll find: her only vices are occasionally drinking too much and attracting ‘lame duck’ boyfriends – boys who need her help to overcome their issues, then dump her for better prospects. Ellie is also the secret lovechild of a famous UK rock star, and has never met him, and never even mentions his name. Her life is completely turned upside down when one of the lame ducks, desperate for money, steals proof of Ellie’s dad’s iden ...more
Jasprit
I’ve always been a fan of Manning’s adult novels, they’re always ones that I turn to when I’m in the mood for a guilty pleasure sort of read. Manning has the knack for creating super hot powerful male characters who would have you turned into a puddle of mush within an instance. These males are business hot shots and know how to take care of a lady. But what I love most about them, is that they’ve lived their entire lives not having met said lady and so when she makes an appearance, they are qui ...more
Asma
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
This actually looked like a great read. I mean, i loved the description and the book cover is very impressive; I was very excited when i started the book but i got really bored really fast. I got impatient waiting for things to start happen
ing and i flipped through alot of pages hoping to catch the start of reall stuff but it just wasn't working for me, i tried, i REALLY tried but i was just too bored to read it all the way through.
Moon Love
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I can't believe I waited this long to read this book! Review to come!
Bree T
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After listening to You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning and loving it recently, I knew I had to read (or listen to) more of her books. This one totally sounded like my kind of story but I listened to the sample after hearing some negative reviews on it and yeah, unfortunately I found the narrator almost impossible to listen to. Her voice was just….not good. So I bought this on iBooks instead to give it a go that way.

Ellie is in her mid-20s and works for an art acquisitions expert.
Tracie Payne
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
While I loved Unsticky, this one just didn’t measure up for me. It felt like the romance was secondary to the story and honestly I didn’t like David Gold at all. I thought he was an asshole and I didn’t buy into his love for Ellie. By 50% they barely had 3 conversations. There were tons of unlikable characters in this one. Except for Vaughn. I love love Vaughn.
Lorenzio Phillibuster Fireworks
You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning is one of my absolute favourite books and one I love to revisit when I need a pick me up. Every novel of hers I’ve read since I have been so excited for something equally magical and been sorely disappointed to the point where I think I won’t try again.

The characters in YDHTSYLM are rich, deeply emotional and endearing with a great deal of heart but also of personality. The three novels I have read since, including It Felt Like a Kiss have incl
Malou
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, star-3, 2018
First few chapters were fun! From the point her secret got out it started dragging and then it felt like a lengthy fight/makeup chick flick. I wished it could have ended way before it actually did. A few too many unnessery bits that didn't really lead anywhere and wasn't all that fun to read, like the trip to Paris and a real cringy part where she gets stuck in a dress. Still, she is good with words and I keep reading so hopefully the next one will be more on point or shorter.
Casey
It was good, in some parts really good, and I enjoyed all 500+ pages but it was missing something that I was hoping for, that wonderful building development of feelings between the two "main" characters.

Liked: The supporting characters, specifically Ari, Chester, and Sadie. The Ari chapters where we get short bursts of insight into what brings about all of the craziness of the present day.

Disliked: The best thing about Unsticky, parts of which I have read at least 10 times in the nine months or
Gaby
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Madeline Toy
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The brilliant Sarra Manning is back! Heartily recommend this!
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sometimes what you need to read is some good old-fashioned romance, and few people do it better than Sarra Manning.

From Diary of a Crush through Guitar Girl and now her new novel It Felt Like a Kiss, I've never read anything by Manning I didn't love.

Ellie Cohen seems to have it all - a great job at an art gallery (even though her boss can be demanding), great friends (even if they don't always get on they love her), an amazing mum (who can be a bit too hip), and a boyfriend. He's not so great. A
Midnite
Jan 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Ellie Cohen is the daughter of rock star Billy Kay, who has never acknowledged her. But if you ask Ellie, she's more than just Billy Kay's daughter. She's a loving (and loved) granddaughter, daughter and friend, and she's lived a perfectly good life without Billy Kay's money or attention. Unfortunately, Ellie dates horrible boys and this last one, Richey, is so awful, he sells Ellie's secret to the press and the quiet anonymous life Ellie lived is suddenly over.

I had a few issues with It Felt Li
Chrissi
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Sarra Manning’s Adorkable so I was really looking forward to getting stuck into her ‘grown up’ book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading It Felt Like A Kiss, I thought it was well written, funny and incredibly easy to read.

The story is about Ellie Cohen. A very good girl, apart from occasionally drinking too much and attracting some awful boyfriends. The guys she picks are people who need her help to overcome their problems, then once they’ve overcome their problems they finish with he
Barbara Elsborg
Much of this book I loved, some parts I was less fond of. I love Ellie, she was a well drawn character with lots to be angry about but she got on with her life and didn't deserve the crap that came her way. I love seeing Vaughn again from Unsticky - and a bit of Grace. David Gold was an interesting character but here comes part of my issue. Not enough between the pair of them. Too much about the issue between Ari and the bastard of a partner/father. It was built up to be some major issue that wa ...more
Sinéad H
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The biggest flaw that I have come across in the majority of Sarra Manning's books is that there just isn't enough of them. I absolutely loved this book and I love that Manning has created her own little world in which we can visit via her adult books.

I first started reading Sarra Manning's books when I was about 13/14 and I immediately related to the characters. The writing is of such a good standard and so underrated because I honestly don't think I have come across another author who captures
Sonia189
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
More a 3.7 or 3.8 because the relationship between hero and heroine didn't seem to have much besides conflicts and some related drama situations about the plot weren't solved as well as I think they should. There are some interesting scenes and situations, something the author didn't fully explore... also annoying how much alcohol the characters drink...
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
3 Stars

I don’t know how to feel about It Feel Like a Kiss. In a way I liked it, but sadly, I didn’t feel the connection or the chemistry between the hero and heroine. I also couldn’t believe the felt so deeply in love in such short amount of time. It needed at least couple of more months to feel real or believable.
Chi-Chi
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Really liked it, but 1)I felt we didn't get to know David enough 2)The ending is too rushed and 3)I was so excited to see that this was connected to Unsticky, I really really wanted to see more of Vaughn and Grace...
Ellie is quite a strong character and I admire her love of white dresses!
id!l
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to id!l by: alexis
4 stars

i want 2 dye a bit
Miccaeli
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
this book was SO GOOD i liked it a lot and the main dude looks kind of like seth cohen in my head so
Amanda
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Although I enjoyed it in the end, this was a much slower start from a Sarra Manning book than I am used to and it took me an age to get into the plot.

• It Had to Be You
  • Who's Afraid of Mr Wolfe?
  • The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me
  • From London with Love
  • Here's Looking at You
  • Thirteen Weddings
  • Just a Girl, Standing in Front of a Boy
  • The Rapunzel Dilemma
  • The Summer of Living Dangerously
  • Yours Truly
  • Breaking Away (Breaking, #2)
  • Just for Christmas
  • Take A Look At Me Now
  • The Story Guy
  • Some Girls Do
  • Goodness, Grace and Me
  • Don't Tell the Boss: a laugh-out-loud romp! (Don't Tell the Groom)
  • Written in the Stars
Sarra Manning is a teen queen extraordinaire. She spent five years working on the now sadly defunct J17, first as a writer and then as Entertainment Editor. She then joined the launch team of teen fashion bible Ellegirl, which she later went on to edit and has consulted on a wide range of youth titles including Bliss, The Face and More.

Sarra is now editor of What To Wear magazine. She's also been
“Never complain, never explain.” 9 likes
“Ari had discovered a contraband Barbie bangle in her weekend case and had gone on an hour’s rant that contained words like ‘body fascism’ and ‘third-wave feminism’, then made Ellie write out fifty times, ‘Barbie is a toxic plastic tool of a patriarchal culture.” 3 likes