Start by marking “Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)

Maggie Get Your Gun

(Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #2)

Now that Maggie saved the world, life is returning to normal at MacKay & MacKay Magical Tracking. That is until a stranger shows up looking for some ancient jewelry to die for. In fact, lots of folks are dying for it.

Maggie, Killian, and your favorite cast of characters are back for a rootin’ tootin’ urban fantasy adventure through the wilds of the Old West.

The bad guys
Published May 21st 2012 (first published May 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Maggie Get Your Gun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie Get Your Gun

Start your review of Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)
Beanbag Love
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Like the first one in the series, it's funny. It's got an enjoyable cast of characters and the world is very interesting. But the tone is very light and makes the action feel sort of "meh". Moments that should have been suspenseful fell flat. Ultimately, I don't get the sense Maggie really cares all that much deep down.

I read the author bio and I see she's a playwright and screenwriter. That may be the issue. Screenwriting comes to life with the performance while a novel has no such a
Marianne
Another lighthearted romp. I've coined these books "FIF." (Fluff is Fun) However, I thought the first one was funnier. It had more Killian and Maggie banter, I guess. This book had way more action, though, and introduced a couple of interesting new characters: Like Mr. Smith, the devious landlord, a djinni I would love to meet again, as well as some hybrids that make me suspect Kate Danley's been inspired by the Vampire Diaries... No worries, I quite like Klaus;-P Plus, we got a closer look at M ...more
Jean ~ Kindle Queen
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This second book in the series is a little more than half the length of the first book (despite what the page counts on Goodreads and Amazon say), but there was still a lot of action packed into the short book. I think I liked the first book a smidgen more since Maggie's mother really got on my nerves in this one. I think she's supposed to be a carefree spirit, but she comes across as a selfish, flighty, condescending nag. (Yeah, she's not my favorite.) Fortunately, she's not a main character.

Fo
Ladiibbug
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#2 Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker series

Delightful world building with ogres, brownies, elves, and so many other fun, strange non-humans.

Maggie and her sidekick Killian, an elf, go on a hunt for three mysterious hair combs. I love how the author throws the kitchen sink into her books (like including brimstone), with vamps, werewolves, adventure. The result is a lighthearted, fun romp.

Book 1 was a 5 star read for me. This one I liked just a tiny bit less, mostly Maggie's mother who annoyed me.

Wil
So, I Read This Book Today
First, if you are looking for "serious" UF, before you pick up either of these volumes, let me warn you. Ilona Andrews or Mark Henwick, this is not. What this series is, though, is lighthearted fun with an interesting twist that keeps you reading. Sometimes, that is all you really need from a book, and Kate Danley delivers in spades.

One of the best things about this book is why Danley wrote it. Proceeds from the write-a-thon where this book was mostly written benefited the Young Writers Program,
Amy
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After thoroughly enjoying the first Maggie book, I was ready for the sophomore effort (in the Maggie series) from K Danley. Maggie is such a great snarky, tough, real antihero that you can't help but want to scoop up a couple silver stakes and join her. Once again, Danley leaves the squishy "gotta find love in the middle of the caper" to the YA writers. Maggie and Killian may have a spark, but it's used to propel the action and humor. The storyline has a bit of everything for the scifi adventure ...more
Tricia J.
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the second book, even more than the first. I like the direction the main character is headed. One of the things that I enjoyed the most about this story is that the author peppers just enough in about "magical" creatures and the environment that one is still using their own imagination to help create the world. I also enjoyed the setting of the Ghost Town. I think that the author does a nice job of moving the story along without ever getting too bogged down in one area. This boo ...more
Thenia
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Maggie has to save the world once again with the help of her recently returned father and her elf friend Killian.

A light, action packed urban fantasy with an irreverent, thoroughly enjoyable sense of humor! I look forward to the next book in the series, Maggie on the Bounty.
☀Rachael☀
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
More fun and games with Maggie and the gang! A fun quick read!
KATHY
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay Tracker Book 2)

Maggie is one tough cookie!! She and her sometimes partner "Killian" hunt down mostly vampires and werewolves. I loved the character "Pipistrelle"!! I wish I had a magical brownie to do my house work! This story was about a necklace and three special combs. Combined they would allow the owner all sorts of power. Mr. Smith hired Maggie to find the necklace and the combs. All sort of evilness erupts time after time with life threatening situations
Pam
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Language Alert!

The use of the “F” word, repeatedly, totally ruins what could have been a great read. There is absolutely no need to use that word. I would have given 5 stars except for that. And sometimes the flow of the story leaves you hanging, and there are a few errors in details; like at one point they are in Mindy’s car, the next sentence Maggie refers to it has her car, and the next sentence Maggie tells Killian she needs to find a car. Proofreading errors like that are distracting.
Renetta DeBoer
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-fantasy
Wow! Fantastic and wildly entertaining! I love Maggie and her family oh and the charming Killian while the kill vampires and anything that tries to eat them. The best part is the creative and witty dialogue. Yes, many monsters go bump in the night but Maggie and Killian always come out on top. Makes the reader want to keep reading. Absolutely awesome!
Theresa Materazzi
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Maggie does it again!

This time we get the whole family! The family that slays together.....
I so enjoy these books and I look forward to each one.
These would definitely be great as a series as long as Kate writes them for the screen and they stay on point.
I LOL constantly with the smart assed comments, gotta love a smart assed woman!
Joanne Fish
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Entertaining...

Another good book.. very entertaining and a lot of fun reading. Good beach or plane book. However, 217 pages at $3,99 Is not my idea of a good price from Amazon. This is a one day read.
Karen Crotz
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

Fluffy, but entertaining story. Maggie likes to have the last snarky word and I like that in a main character. I am enjoying this series so far and intend the keep reading these books.
Sara
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Maggie!

Such a funny and well written book! The story practically reads itself it’s so easy to get into. Maggie is very likable and funny. I can’t wait to see what she gets into next!
Terrianna Selby
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really into these stories...

Okay...so I happened across this set of books... and I really like them! Spunky, wild, random... verra verra nice... I just wish she'd gone back to the werewolf to give him the deets. 😂
Christine
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
The 2nd book in the Maggie MacKay series was very similar to the first. Very light urban fantasy with fun characters and dialogue but not enough world building and character depth. Overall, fun and light.

Grade: 3/5
BRT
Apr 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, kindle
More fun with Maggie, the magical detective and her elf sidekick Killian. This time she needs to save the world from a power mad vampire and ends up doing it in a Wild West ghost town...with real ghosts of course! Light, entertaining, magical fun which is much needed about now.
T.
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Campy, crazy, light-hearted fun. Maggie Get Your Gun, book 2 of the Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker series, is lacking in plot complexity, but delivers with witty, snarky dialog. This series is a guilty pleasure with a cast of oddly endearing characters.
Patty Ram
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She just keeps getting better and better! Maggie has such attitude. If you love strong female leads, Maggie is your gal!
Juliana Veale
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun story, but the wittiness and sarcasm often obscure the serious portions of the book, making it lose out.
Sandra Holladay
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fun series; I especially enjoy Maggie's interaction with Killian. Her mother is a hoot.
Lisa Norvell
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I am really enjoying this series. The characters are engaging and the world building is very good. I will definitely read more!
Heather
Dec 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
F bomb in the first sentence. Done. I couldn’t remember the first book and now I remember why.
Debbie
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series has the outstanding cast of characters that makes it onto my list of favorites. Actually, I have decided that Killian might just be my favorite sidekick.
Dawn
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I'm really enjoying this series a lot. Maggie is a strong smart woman who is fun to read. Both books have had tons of action, drama, and smart ass humor. I'm to book three
Bernard
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
The characters don't seem to be all that enthusiastic...

At this point, I would settle for a few goblins protesting their public image and demanding respect.

Sparrowapril
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable adventure
Is
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The fun continues
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hunting Season (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #4)
  • Knights Magica (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #5)
  • Blackthorn Grove (Katie Bishop, #2)
  • Magic Ops (Federal Agents of Magic, #1)
  • Mystical Alley Groove (Scions of Magic #2)
  • Dime a Demon (Ordinary Magic, #4)
  • Magic Street Boogie (Scions of Magic #1)
  • Blood Vice (Blood Vice, #1)
  • Moon Bayou (Samantha Moon Case Files, #1)
  • Assailants, Asphalt & Alibis (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #8)
  • The Unbreakable Curse (Accursed Archangels, #1)
  • Pack of Lies (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #3)
  • Valleys, Vehicles & Victims (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #9)
  • Sins of the Angels (Grigori Legacy, #1)
  • Agents Of Mayhem (Federal Agents of Magic, #2)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Broken Loyalty (Jacky Leon, #3)
  • A Witch Apart (The Witch Next Door Book 4)
Kate Danley began her writing career as an indie author in 2010. Since then, her books have been published by 47North, she spent five weeks on the USA Today bestseller list, and she has been honored with various awards, including the Garcia Award for Best Fiction Book of the Year (The Woodcutter), McDougall Previews Award for Best Fantasy Book of the Year (Queen Mab), Best of 2014 by Suspense Maga ...more

Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker (10 books)
  • Maggie for Hire (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #1)
  • Maggie on the Bounty (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #3)
  • M&K Tracking (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #4)
  • The M-Team (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #5)
  • Maggie Goes to Hollywood (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #6)
  • Maggie Reloaded (Maggie MacKay Magical Tracker #7)
  • Maggie Goes Medieval (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #8)
  • Eine Kleine Nacht Maggie (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #9)
  • Of Mice and MacKays (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #10)

News & Interviews

“Um... isn’t the opportunity to hang out in my presence payment enough?” From the look on his face, I gathered the answer was a negative-on-that-one.” 0 likes
“It was a gorgeous day.  A fucking gorgeous day.  It was one of those bright, breezy, unicorn-and-puppy mornings.  I mean, the unicorns weren’t out yet.  They tend to be more nocturnal to increase the odds of picking up virgins at nightclubs, but there were a couple pegasi kicking it overhead.” 0 likes