Start by marking “Bullet (Bullet, #1)” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

Bullet

(Bullet #1)

An Epic Rock Star Novel

What if you discover the man you want is toxic?

She tasted a little bit of heaven with him, and now they’ve gone through hell and back, but can their relationship take anymore?

Published February 18th 2013 by Jade C. Jamison

To ask other readers questions about Bullet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bullet

Start your review of Bullet (Bullet, #1)
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
What to do? What to do? Do I give it 2 stars? 2.5 stars? 3 stars? I think I'm going to have to go with 2.5--and that's all because of Brad! Brad--sadly, for me you were THE only redeeming quality for this book. This book was just not.for.me.

Let's start from the beginning....the title--Bullet. Could there have been a more appropriate name? It perfectly describes how I felt throughout the entire book...

Now for the characters....we hav
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was completely on the fence as to how rate this book. It was pretty slow in the beginning to the point that I entertained abandoning ship.

*Be fair warned, if you are an anti-cheating reader than this is not a book for you!*

Our main character Valerie starts her freshman semester in College where she rooms with an absolute wench named Charlotte. Valerie falls instantly in lust for a hot guy in her class named Ethan Richards. Val goes out of her way to sit next to him and pursue a relationship with him. To h
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Tu3 by sb_zpsgprzy8th.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (8/28/2016)

Book 1 and 2 are a duet.

BLURB:
What if you discover the man you want is toxic?

Valerie Quinn is a naïve college freshman when she meets on-the-rise rock star Ethan Richards. He’s an idealistic, handsome, reckless young man, but he’s captured her heart. She doesn’t give up on him and eventually his walls crumble down. By the time Valerie has given herself to him completely, she discovers hduet.
What
Kim Person
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading Jade's books for quite awhile now so when I was offered and ARC of Bullet I was all over that...It had ROCK STARS in it and the cover is SMOKING!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I started reading I was already........................................

This book is told from Valerie's POV! "Val" has left home to attend college! As most freshman entering college this is the first time she's ever been away from home. Val was raised by her two loving church going parents! Sh
Catherine
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time reading this one, I can't say I didn't like but I don't know if I liked it either. Val needed to grow a pair and tell Ethan to fuck off and this went on for about 95% of the story then finally she got her shit together. Would I recommend this book, only if you want to spend most of it wanting to punch something.
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
BOOK REVIEW: Bullet – Jade C Jamison

Are you Readdddddddddy…?
It’s time to throw up the horns ladies, as ‘Bullet’ is Hard Hitting, Hot Rockin,’ Body Slammin,’ Head Bangin,’ Mind-Blowingly Amazing and will ROCK your pants off!

I’m gushing. I’m hugging my kindle right now, beaming with what I can only describe as total pure book euphoria.

Have you ever read a book and just thought, ‘Wow, I feel like the author wrote this book just for me?’ Well… Bullet, for me, is that boo/>
.Lili.
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here. ...more
Mariℓina
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
2,5 Stars
What an exhausting book..

contains spoilers

Pros
-Clay/Jet, The Rock Idol with the sensitive heart.
-Brad, Brad, Brad, The Prince Charming, loyal and caring throughout the book.
-The end she finally woke up from this ordeal.
-Nick and Zane, they were nice.

3 Stars for Clay and Brad only.

Cons
-Val
-Ethan
-Ethan
-Ethan
-Ethan
-Ethan
-Ethan

O.K. you get the point. He was awful.I'm not gonna rant. He doesn't even deserve my hatred. I HATE him, period.
And Val is stupid.

VARIOUS THOUGHTS
-The chemistry Brad anb Val shared was so intens
StScho

What did I just read?!

*me after reading this book*

then

Then...

Over reacting? Possibly. But I lost several hours of my life reading this book so I think I need to venclass="gr-hostedUserImg">

Nicole
Edited April 9th ~ 3.5 Stars

When I first wrote my review I had just finished bullet, but now that the smoke and adrenaline has cleared.. It's a good book and seemed like it a "thoughtless meets BD" type book but now I see many flaws that weighed my love down such as the time it took for Brad and her to get together. I mean it took about 90% of the book just for her to get over asshat Ethan. Which is just unnecessary. Also I felt so incredibly frustrated with this book during my re-read. I guess
A. Walters
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!!!

It was a bit of a slow start but once it got going, jeesh did it go! Val annoyed the crap out of me at the beginning but as the book went on, I was glad to have my opinion completely change! I was so happy with the ending and I love that the author went with something that wasn't entirely expected. Very different take on the HEA. Highly recommend.
☆MichelleNicole☆
Mar 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Really... ??? I don't even know what to say...
I could have gotten a lot of laundry done, and I hate doing laundry.
I think I'm going to have to start listing to the reviews... lol
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Author interview and more, visit Jacqueline’s Reads

4 Stars

This is no fairy tale romance. There are no hearts and flowers. This is a rock star romance with sex drugs and heavy metal.

I loved him, though, and poison or not, I couldn’t turn him away

Ethan had once said that he never wanted me to hate him. Well, if that were true, he shouldn’t have asked for it.

Val is a goodie virgin. She listens to her parents, doesn’t drink and has never used drugs. Ethan is everything opposite of Val, tattoos and all.

Author interview and more, visit Jacqueline’s Reads

4 Stars

I loved him, though, and poison or not, I couldn’t turn him away

This is their story.

Be prepared for, tons of hook-ups, partying, drinking, drug usage, angst, intense sexual tension, fighting, crying and jaw-dropping, throw-your-e-reader-against-the-wall, hair-pulling-out CRAZY MOMENTS!

…. I know I need a breather too.

The beginning starts with the end. Val is with Ethan in the future and then we are flashed back to how they got together. Mostly this is what Bullet is about, Val and Ethan’s relationship.

Bullet.Is.No.Easy.Ride.

Oh, I don’t think you’re prude, val. You just haven’t met your drug of choice, and you definitely haven’t met the right guy

I liked Val, I thought she was an interesting Heroine and it was nice to see her grow and mature throughout the read. But damn, that girl got around! She hooks up with guy after guy after guy. I guess that’s what happens when you like a guy who is in a heavy metal band with 3 other sexy dudes. Usually this would bother me, but it was interesting to see how Val reacts to each person and what she learns from each relationship/hook-up. I really did feel like she owned her own skin in the end.

Now, Ethan. Oh Boy. Where do I begin?! Ethan is an anti-Hero. You will want to reach into your eReader and punch him in the face… multiple times. I get it, he’s sexy, he knows how to play guitar, he has Daddy issues, loves to drink, do drugs and have sex with many woman. However, there’s some redeeming moments I found in Ethan and it gives you a glimpse of hope that there is a future for them.

I can honestly say Bullet makes me as a reader go out of my comfort zone. Yes, I like hearts and flowers, yes I like swoony moments and yes I want my Hero to be virtually perfect, so you see how Bullet put me on edge. Let’s just say I am more pop than heavy metal, HOWE VER, I appreciate the complexity of Bullet.

Bullet is Raw, Gritty, and Dirty

If you like crazy love stories with shocking after shocking moments then Bullet is for you (and I know many of you readers love those kind of reads).

Also, If you are anything like me, you need your HEA and you will get that in Bullet, you may just have to a take Valium or two before you get there.

An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Felicia
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
loved, loved, loved this book! characters are completely developed...u feel like u know them personally. story is realistic. horrible title, horrible cover, horrible description...i hope those things don't keep people away from reading this book. i simply COULD NOT put it down. if u like the thoughtless & avoiding series...you will love this book. this is the first time i've ever posted a review on goodreads so that says a lot!
Z. Elizabeth
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Valerie Quinn is a college freshman. Shes had little experience with guys so when she meets on-the-rise rock star and fellow student Ethan Richards, he’s instantly captured her heart.

But there is something about Ethan. Something damaged him from his childhood that he’s held onto all these years and Valerie tries to help him, eventually breaking down his walls. But when Valerie gives herself completely to him, that’s when she discovers he may be beyond help.

She’s determine
Coco.V
May 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/4/2019)! 🎁
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jade-c-jamison
Check out this review and others at www.twinsietalk.blogspot. com, www.facebook.com/twinsietalk or @twinsietalk

i received this book for an honest review from the author and honest you shall get!!!

I am sitting here at my computer sobbing, literally sobbing over this book. I went through a box of tissues and a packet of tums. IN-FREAKING-TENSE was this book.

I am a fan of really emotional, gut wrenching, tear your heart out and stomp on it while it lays on the floor kinda books!! This book sooooooo qualifies.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Half way through with reading this I was at the stage of wanting to bitch slap Val and not keep reading the book as she was starting to get on my nerves, but I'm glad I persevered, I some how found myself falling in love with this book and rooting for her to get over that scum bag Ethan and see the guy right in front of her eyes, just waiting in the background..Loved it!! Was a bit drawn out but sitting back and thinking about it, it wouldn't have worked any other way, what more can I say but th ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
I have a huge soft spot in my heart for heavy metal music and band stories. True confession: I was a rocker chick in the 1980’s in New Jersey. At any given moment you could find me with a can of AquaNet hairspray or drum sticks in either hand. Fellow music lover, Jade C. Jamison’s latest and greatest book Bullet, is one of the most twisted, stomach churning, rock romance stories out there. Her characters will surely haunt me for a long time.

Super naïve Valerie is a college freshman a
Becky
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
This book really played with my emotions. All I kept thinking pretty much from the beginning was "I hope she doesn't fall for Ethan's crap". But like all naive 18 year olds, he reeled Valerie in hook, line and sinker. And I hated every moment of it.

This book takes you on the roller coaster that is Valerie and Ethan's relationship. And there were rarely any high points to it. He just was a selfish human being all the way through. Don't get me wrong, I believe he loved her in some way,
Shamika
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book started off a bit slow for me. But by 50% in I was sucked into the story. There were many times I wanted to smack Val. I did not like Ethan at all. He never appealed to me and treated Val like crap. Clay was so fun ;) But Brad is the hero to me! Very pleased with the ending and glad Val finally got it right. Good story that will have you yelling at the characters and frustrated but one that you will want to finish.
Sue
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to receive an ARC of the book. Jade C. Jamison is such an amazing author. She has a way of writing that holds you from the first word to the very last. If you love Rock Star books you will love this one. It will grip your heart, make you laugh, make you cry as you following these amazing characters through their journey in love, loss, success, pain and true happiness. This book has it all. I highly recommend this book!!!!!!!
Jessica's Book Review
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

Bullet by Jade C. Jamison is NOT your typical rock star romance novel. I was expecting a sweet story of an innocent virgin college student meeting a musician, falling in love and living a happily ever after. That is definitely not what Bullet is. It’s an emotional roller coaster of love, relationships, drug abuse, and a young woman discovering herself.

Valerie is an 18 years-old living away from her conservative parents for the first time
Windy
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 amazing toxic stars this book was so amazing i may have book hangover from it  photo sadlena_zps877bfc67.gif Val and Ethan had a very up and down relationship Ethan was troubled and had issues but in his own messed up way he did love her and she really loved him so much i think she lost her self  photo taylor-swift-i-knew-you-were-trouble-fashion_zps4e2ff493.jpg  photo talyor-swift-i-knew-you-were-trouble-style_zps9f9cb4c5.jpg although i have to say i love Brad he was great and amazing i was hoping for him through the who ...more
Shea
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rockstar, college
5 Conflicted Stars

"But you're the rainbow I can't touch. The forbidden fruit I want so much. Just one taste, one night together would help me endure the rest forever."
I LOVE books about rock stars, but this one had me wanting to freaking throw my iPad up against the wall. First off, if you hate books about cheating then you're probably not going to like this one. The cheating was one of the things that had me conflicted. With that said, to me Bullet portrays what I feel the "real" rock star life is/>
MissyGirl
What a ride!!! I just finished this book and I don't want it to stop! So many emotions! Some were incredibly wonderful and some were frustrating as hell, and I absolutely felt them all!

Val and Ethan are some of the most frustrating characters I've ever read- most likely because I made some of the same mistakes they did, when I was young and stupid. Lol! It was hard to relive some of those emotions and see the mistakes they made over and over again. There were even times when I wanted to throw my kindl
Claire Robinson
Feb 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF - At 50% nothing has happened, And I can't be bothered to carry on reading, normally I wouldn't give up this far into a book, but in all honesty I have been skim reading since about 20%. Reasons for giving up
- I can't stand Val, she constantly contradicts everything she thinks/says.
- Ethan is as boring now as he was at the beginning of the book, his character developement is non-existent.
- There are far too many books out at the moment about tortured pussy whipped rockers, and the im
Keri Anderson (Gilson)
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book and I must say if you have not read any of Jade's books yet you need to start with this one! This is Jade's best book to date.
BULLET takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions from love and lust to friendship and more.
If you love Rockstar books you will love this one.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
This is one of those books that piss you off but its still worth reading....Very well written..Ethan was a douche through the whole book, Val was a moron for loving him and putting up with his shit, Brad was awesome and Clay/Jet is **swoon** Loved the ending....
Jamie
Feb 19, 2013 marked it as to-read
Ummmmm.. A Rocker Book?? Why have I not heard about this book before right this very minute??????
Look Sexy 4 28 Nov 16, 2014 01:42PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Bullet 4 22 Apr 05, 2013 05:11PM
Beyond Boyfriend ...: March Book Of The Month 2013 1 18 Feb 26, 2013 04:04PM

• True Love Story
  • Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1)
  • Manhandled (Hammered, #2)
  • Detour
  • Tease (Tease #1-5)
  • Back to Me (Carolina Rebels, #1)
  • Tame Me (Blood Brothers MC #1)
  • Rock Revenge (Rock Revenge Trilogy, #1)
  • Edge of Forever (When You're Gone, #3)
  • Perception of Life (Perception, #1)
  • Burnt Sugar (ACE Series Book 2)
  • Tamed (Blood Brothers MC #2)
  • Jag (Pandemic Sorrow, #1)
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • Anything But Mine (When You're Gone, #1)
  • Bulletproof Weeks (When You're Gone, #2)
  • Craving Rose (The Aces' Sons, #5)
  • Unforgettable: Book One (A Hollywood Love Story, #1)
“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” While you’re more likely to see Jade headbanging instead of Dirty Dancing, she—like Baby—won’t be put in a corner…or a box. So even though you can’t really stick her books in one genre, you could say she mostly writes steamy Contemporary Romance—and, while you’re at it, you’ll notice in her stories that Jade freaking loves Colorado, hard music, coffee, bad words, an ...more

Bullet (7 books)
  • Rock Bottom (Bullet, #2)
  • Feverish (Bullet, #3; Feverish, #1)
  • Fully Automatic (Bullet, #4)
  • Slash and Burn (Bullet, #5)
  • Locked and Loaded (Bullet, #6)
  • Bullet: The Complete Series (A Rock Star Romance Collection)
“Well guess you'd better call me Clay. You want a bad boy, ask for Jet. He'll come running, secret boyfriend or not.” 9 likes