Start by marking “You Turn Me On, I'm a Radio...My Wild Rock 'n' Roll Life” as Want to Read:
You Turn Me On, I'm a Radio...My Wild Rock 'n' Roll Life

You Turn Me On, I'm a Radio...My Wild Rock 'n' Roll Life

Rock 'N' Roll D.J. Anita Gevinson's wild times with Hall & Oates, Daryl Hall, The Grateful Dead's Bob Weir, E. Street Bandmember Nils Lofgren, Emerson Lake & Palmer's Carl Palmer, Jefferson Airplane's Marty Balin, Video darling Billy Squier, Deep Purple's Roger Glover and Warren Zevon.
Published November 22nd 2012 by Anita Gevinson

Be the first to ask a question about You Turn Me On, I'm a Radio...My Wild Rock 'n' Roll Life

Robert Owens
Recently, I read I'll Sleep When I'm Dead The Dirty Life and Times of Warren Zevon by Crystal Zevon. In it were numerous references to the Philly DJ. I grew up listening to Philly radio. Who was the DJ? Could it possibly by Anita? A quick search on the 'Net and it was confirmed, Anita was in fact the DJ. That search led me to this book.

For those of us north of 50 who grew up listening to Philly radio, we know that WMMR is king of the town. Or at least once upon a time was king of the town. WYSP came along a little later and for a while captured the listening audience's atten
Doug
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really dig this honest memoir from a great radio personality from the area I live in and listened to in her many incarnations. It's fun to read about the people and places that were familiar. I'm sure it is easy for folks to read this and judge her for her life and name dropping. Whatever. I found the book to be compelling and really enjoyed the honesty she was willing to take us there with. Yeah, you can focus on the tell all factors of the book and for sure, there is no shortage of titillati ...more
Bridget Reilly
Free love gets paid

Only slightly entertaining. Sounds like she banged her way into every opportunity. And the writing style is super lame. Maybe the actual written version would read smoother?
Steve Abb