Start by marking “Night Smoke (Night Tales, #4)” as Want to Read:
Night Smoke (Night Tales, #4)

Night Smoke (Night Tales #4)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  2,241 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
"Known for her ability to deliver a rich and satisfying story" ("Publishers Weekly"), #1 "New York Times" bestselling author Nora Roberts delivers a classic tale of danger and desire.
AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME
After someone torches her warehouse, executive Natalie Fletcher needs help from arson investigator Ryan Piasecki. But when Ry's arrogance and Natalie's
Published April 1st 2012 by Portfolio (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Night Smoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Smoke

Yomi M.
Meh, definitely not one of my favorites.
Saly
I really enjoyed this, the romance was really good and fun.
Natalie runs her family's business and is dedicated, Ry is a firefighter turned arson investigator and they meet when her warehouse is set on fire and sparks fly between them. Both of them are opposites but well suited, somehow without knowing it they fall into a relationship, with Natalie smiling more and not being so much into working and both of them scared of telling each other what they feel.
I really liked how Ry grovelled and Natal
Jessica B
This was one of my favourite reads from Nora Roberts. I was expecting just an okay read but ended up enjoying this one quite a bit. Many of the other lead characters from the Night Tales series could be found throughout the book and that always makes a series more fun!

Ry is an arson investigator who is investigating a fire at one of the buildings Natalie Fletcher is using to start a new lingerie business. They are instantly drawn to each other but can't stand each other all at the same time.

The
Mojca
I just can't stop repeating just how great this series is. You'd think that something written in the nineties wouldn't ring "right" nowadays, sounding a bit backwater at the least, but this series is just timeless.

This was yet another winner with a strong, stubborn, determined female lead, and a hunky, yummy arson investigator as leading man. Throw in an arson mystery, some explosive chemistry, a visit from much-loved characters, a little twist of insecurities, and a villain you won't see coming
Adèle
Jul 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
same story as the previous ones from the series
Karsyn
Typical good Nora. Good Characters, good story, blah blah blah. :)
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1994
Length: 320 pages (Large Print)
Setting: Contemporary. Urbana, USA (wherever that is, Maybe Atlanta?).
Sex: Infrequent, explicit.
Hero: Arson investigator
Heroine: CEO of family empire

The two Night Tales stories I’ve read (so far) fit as a sort of transition book between Nora Roberts shorter romances and her lengthy romantic-suspenses. In other words, it’s a shorter version of her very enjoyable longer books.

It’s a good mystery/suspense with an enjoyable roma
Annette McIntyre
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
Ryan Piaseki is an arson investigator. He is called in when a Fletcher Industries warehouse goes up in flames, and his eye is caught by a woman pacing up and down outside. It turns out she is the owner of the warehouse and Ryan has more than a suspicious fire to investigate.
Korakot
อานปี2560

เปนเลมที4ในชุดคำคืนแหงรักคะ เราไมไดอานเลมกอนหนานี ขามมาอานเลมนีเลย เปนเลมบาง โรมานซ-สืบสวนเบาๆ ไมหนัก ไมเครียดมาก อานจบในคืนเดียวเลยคะ

พระเอกเปนพวกพูดจาโผงผาง นิสัยดิบเถือน แตกลัวความรัก กลัวการผูกมัด ยิงนางเอกสวย รวย(กวา) ฉลาด เลยทำใหบอกเลิกนางเอกทังทีตัวเองกเจบ แตดีทีคิดไดเรวมากวาตัวเองปัญญาออนทีปฏิเสธความรักนางเอก เพราะพระเอกกรักนางเอกมากเชนกัน แตดันเกิดเหตุการณไฟไหมทีทำใหทังคูเกือบตาย

นางเอกดีคะ เปนผูใหญ สวย รวย เกง รูใจตัวเอง

นับวาเปนเลมบางทีสนุคะ มีตัวละครจากเลมอืนมาดวย ทำใหอยากยอนไป
Trish R.
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** with audible narration **
Sonia Cristina
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Mais um livro espetacular! Não tanto como o segundo livro, acho difícil algum chegar ao ponto espetacular que esse é, mas muito bom. É o meu segundo preferido na série.

Gostei muito da relação de Ry e Natalie e a trama por trás do romance, dos incêndios nas propriedades de Natalie foi também muito boa - podia ter sido um pouco mais trabalhada mas esteve bem mesmo assim. Não acertei no criminoso, bolas!; desconfiei de uma pessoa desde que apareceu pela primeira vez e estive mesmo convencida que er
Christine Biggs
Mar 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I'm amazed at how good this book is since it was originally published a while ago and I usually think her newer books are more well-written... but this one had two excellent characters with enough tension to make their coming together that much sweeter. The plot moved along at just the right pace, altho the mystery of who dunnit was a little more obvious than most. But still, it was a very satisfying read. If you haven't taken the Nora Roberts plunge, I highly recommend this one as a good ...more
Tonya Warner
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natalie Fletcher is a woman on a mission. She has to get her business up and running, while someone seems to want to send it up in flames.

Ryan Piasecki is an arson investigator. Finding himself wrapped up with Natalie Fletcher, he feels that he is the one going up in flames. Trying to keep her safe, and find out who is behind the fires in her buildings, is difficult when he finds he just wants to be with her.

A nice story.
Peni
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 14+
Shelves: series-story
I think one of the reasons I like this series isbecause each story is so diffrent from the next. Yet each story has a good amount of suspense and romance without repeating the same basic story over and over. Visiting former characters, where they now are and what they are doing is an added bonus.

While the other stories are from more the police or judicial areas, this one opens up the shady world of fire and arsen.
Jess
This series is part of her weird Batman-esque one, but I really like this book. Heiress/lingerie businesswoman and arson investigator! Adults being adults! This is a good Nora category if you want to read one.
Teresa
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Estes primeiros livros de suspense / mistério, são um excelente pronúncio da excelente escritora que a NR se iria tornar mais tarde.
Adoro este estilo em o romance se mistura q.b. com o suspense e o mistério.
Jen
Feb 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Ry and Natalie are the central characters in this one. Ryan is an arson investigator who meets Natalie (Boyd's sister) when her warehouse goes up in flames. As Nat is hit by the arsonist again and again, it's up to Ry to figure out who and why Nat has become a target.
Melis
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin, 2013
Hem komik, hem duygusal, hem sinir ettirecek hemde aşık olucağım bi kitaptı. Boyd'tan sonra gönlümü çalan ikinci erkek karakterim Ryan :D Sonlara doğru saçmalasa da sevdim keretayı. Şimdi son kitapta sıra :D
Timendu
I like this series because in them I find the seeds of the In Death series. It's nice to see the beginning of a thing, and know that it can be worked on, and improved on till it becomes something better.

Caitlin
Quick and dirty read.
Catherine Wolffe
Part of a really great series!
Marian
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent addition to the series
Donna
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The suspense, love, and relationships kept my attention, a well written book.
Liza Wiemer
4th book in the Night Tales series. I liked this one. Firefighter w/ business tycoon. I'll be reading the whole series.
Sophie
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, romance, favourites
Sweet story. Better developed than some of hers.
Rachel Rogers
Nov 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Urbana didn't bother me as much in this as the first time. Good story, good characters, realistic tension. Glad to see Natalie return.

Janet
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
natalie fletcher has a fire but is it accident or not but a phone call shows her it is personal.
April
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read, but short on substance.
Alice
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Roberts' imagination must've gotten away from her. A human transformed into a superhuman after an accident? Really?
Emily
Oct 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! I'm usually not into romance novels, but this one was really good. I am love with Ry... he's my kind of guy!!!
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Icebound
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Wanted Woman (Cascades Concealed #3)
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress (Gentlemen of Fortune, #3)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Outlaw (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #3, Man of the Month #26)
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • The Lost (In Death, #29.5)
  • Dante's Ultimate Gamble (The Dante Legacy, #5)
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Kansas City's Bravest
  • The Outcast (The Protectors, #3)
More about Nora Roberts...

Night Tales (6 books)
  • Night Shift (Night Tales, #1)
  • Night Shadow (Night Tales, #2)
  • Nightshade (Night Tales, #3)
  • Night Shield (Night Tales, #5)
  • Night Moves