Start by marking “A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2)

A Tale of Two Dragons

(Dragon Kin #0.2)

Braith of the Darkness likes going through life unnoticed. Not an easy task for a She-dragon of royal descent. But the evil plots of her father are turning her quiet, boring life upside down, and she has now become the enemy of the most vicious queen her kind has ever known. But for once, Braith won't have to fight alone. Not when the warrior dragon of her dreams is ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2013)

Start your review of A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2)
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Dragon Stars

As usual with G.A. Aiken this novella was made of awesome. This author knows how to make you laugh your ass off with just one line and still manages not to seem cheesy.

In this short-ish story Addolgar, uncle to our favorite dragon siblings, and Braith find love through a series of hilarious adventures. I won't say much on this. I ust advice everyone who likes Fantasy and Paranormal Romance to give these books a chance!
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Audio March 2019: I had a blast listening to A Tale of Two Dragons. I love this series. The narration was wonderful. Highly Recommended!

Reviewed in 2013

I love this series! I have been a fan of G.A. Akien/Shelly Laurenston from the first book I read The Dragon Who Lived Me in her Dragon Kin series. I then had to start from the first book Dragon Actually; because I wanted more Sexy Smart Talking Dragons and the women whom complement them.

A Tale Of Two Dragons was so much fun. I loved learning
Merve Özcan
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
OOOH.MY.GOD''

They are funny, cute, a bit feral... What is there to not love?
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dragon lovers, humor seekers
This a slow read for me actually. It was fun, though.

Nothing impresses me than a kick-ass female. So I wasn't surprised by Braith the Darkness digging her to me. She's loyal, and fierce, honor-bound.

Addolgar the Cheerful is my kind of alpha-male, and he is fun, too!

There's humor in the story, and fun. Although, I guess I didn't quite get some of their banters. Also, I may have droopy eyes at some parts of the books.

But all in all, this has been a good and fun read! Yep, I know. I keep repeating
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I quite liked both characters & the story. But when compared to the full novels with multiple POV's, it was rather tame.
Ivy Deluca
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: Shelly Laurenston is an auto-buy for me. I adore her humor and her wit. The worlds she has created with her Dragon Kin series (under the name G. A. Aiken) and her Pride series are fantastic. Theyre raw, engaging and hilarious. So yes, Im a fan of her work, and I am not disappointed in this latest entry to the Dragon series.

The Premise
[from publisher] Braith of the Darkness likes going through life unnoticed. Not an easy task for a She-dragon of royal descent. But the evil plots
Sandy S
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing

A TALE OF TWO DRAGONS is another prequel novella from G.A.Aiken and her Dragon Kin series. This is Addolgar and Braiths storyline. Addolgar is an easy going and cheerful dragon; one of Dragon Queen Addienas warriors; son of Aileen the Wicked and Shalin the Innocent; and one of Bercelaks elder brothers. You remember Bercelak? Father of Fearghus, Briec, Gwenvael, Keita, Eibhear? And yes, we meet a young Bercelak as he once again encounters his future mate the princess Rhiannon.

Braith of
Kelly
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heh. I like these dragons. They're bloodthirsty and more than a little crazy and they're SO MUCH FUN. *rubs hands together in glee*

So. Braith and Addolgar. She's a little tongue-tied around him and he's a little clueless around her. He's also INSANELY impressed by her fighting skills. Except, it's more innate ability than anything taught. Which, honestly, impresses him even more. Because dragons like their ladies feisty and Braith is plenty feisty once she gets over her tongue-tied shyness
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Tale of Two Dragons continues on with the trend of strong female leads and equally strong men hell bent on protecting them. Braith simply doesn't want to be noticed by anyone. EVER. To her sticking to the shadows and observing is better than actually having to be involved with all the snooty royalty she's surrounded by. However, there is one dragon in particular she always seems to notice, even if he doesn't see her..yet. Addolgar is a cheerful dragon known for his battle skills and way with ...more
Tanya Davis
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dragon Kin series has been on my TBR for a long time. I've read a few of the Shelly Laurenston books and have become interested in the dragons she's written as G.A. Aiken.

I'm a big dragon fan so was eager to jump into this series. A Tale of Two Dragons is an introduction to this world and the characters within it. The setting is quite that of fantasy, which I normally have trouble with. I found G.A. Aiken's world to be light and fun. The snarky characters are great, while we get some good
ShoSho
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and entertaining audiobook.
 Reading In Pajamas
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin) by G.A. Aiken
Publication Date: November 5, 2013
Reviewed by: Reading In Pajamas/ Cori & Donna
Rated: 4.5 Stars
Blog Post: http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-NO

CORI'S REVIEW:
I love this series! The Dragon Kin series is a fun and sexy dragon shifter romance series. G.A. Aiken is one of my favorite authors because her books are always fun, entertaining and keep me laughing throughout the story. A Tale of Two Dragons is Addolgar the Cheerful and Braith of the Darkness's story.
The One Tree
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin) (Kindle Edition)
No spoilers...

Oh I do love G.A. Aiken!

I've been waiting for this book for ages, and it was a rewarding wait at that! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Storyline: excellent.
The land masses G has created continue on, as does the hierarchy of the dragons involved, and the the politics (which in any other book, bores me to death) are all still here, as are the characters.
All it takes is to throw in one new character and bring that
Komal
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own, fantasy
4.5 stars. Loved it. Addolgar and Braith made a very cute couple & I loved that Aiken brought back many characters from Ailean & Shalin's novella. A short, sweet read overall.
Paraphrodite
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2017
Solid 4 stars... verging towards 4.5 stars.

I love revisiting these crazy dragons. It's probably one of the best Dragon shifters series ever. Addolgar the Cheerful is just too adorable!
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. I liked that the hero, Addolgar, is the son of Ailean & Shalin, the MCs from Can't get Enough from Everlasting Bad Boys (Dragon Kin 0.1)

Braith of the Darkness is a dragoness that prefers to go unnoticed. She's of royal blood but doesn't like the royal's political games so she pretends to be uninteresting so no one will pay attention to her. Braith's mother died a while back and her father has never had a use for her so she's been on her own and able to
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Mar) I do enjoy flashbacks of the Cadwaladr Clan. Here we have Addolgar the Cheerful, older brother to Bercelak and Ghleanna. He's a pretty easy going dragon, happy to fight and eat and do what dragons do. Braith of the Darkness (what a name) is a very large She-Dragon whose mother died eons ago, leaving her to the not-so-tender care of her dick-of-a-father. Isolated from her mother's side of the family, a royal by birth by not by action, she seems to be a lady in waiting for lack of a better ...more
Daisy
4 STARS

Addolgar: Charming. Straightforward. Adorably goofy.

Loved how Braith transformed from someone who kept to herself to someone cheerful and truly happy, with the help of Addolgar.

and Im being unreasonable.
Addolgar nodded. See? You do understand.
Eyes closing, Braith sighed once more, her head dropping into her open hands. I cant believe I once thought you were adorable.
Really? Addolgar grinned. You think Im adorable?
Thats when Braith dropped to the bed, using a pillow to cover her face.
Darcy
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
This short story was filled with what I come to expect from this series, lots of violence, lots of snark, and lots of hot sex. I really liked how Braith seemed to come into her own by the end of the story. That she realized that she was loved by her family and by a man. Addolgar had me laughing, mostly because he was so clueless. I loved that Addolgar managed to hold his own with Braith and her family.
Hollie
I have skipped all around in this series, and I have to say, this book is my favorite one so far. The dialogue was not only funny, but action packed. I adored all of the characters. Also, the epilogue could very well be one of the best I've ever read. I cant wait to read more of this series.

Becky
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just CAN NOT get enough of this series! I am just absolutely obsessed! Once again G.A. Aiken has created a hilarious, witty, and sexy novel of gorgeous dragon shape shifters! I highly recommend this book to anyone familiar with the Dragon Kin series!
MostlyDelores
As cheerfully violent as an Asterix comic--plus sex!--but not the best dragon kin book.
It's a bit too silly, and kind of repetitive, but still likeable.
Hbeebti
This was so freaking cute. I loved it.
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Addolgar the cheerful, son of Aileen and Shalin, is called before the queen to protect a Lady heading home. Braith of the Darkness is ordered by the Queen to be the ladys companion and keep her company. This trip leads to finding a plot to overthrow the queen.

I really liked Braith of the Darkness. She was such a kickass woman. She took no shit and had no problem beating the crap out of Addolgar and his family. Addolgar the Cheerful was an adorable, charming, goofy, and sometimes an idiot. I
Kitlina
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is sooooo much fun.
I swear I piss myself every time I read one of these tales.
Those dragons are absolutely hilarious.
And it is so good when one of the novellas remind you of the whole lot.
I can't wait to dive into the last book.
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, fantasy, ku-ru, 2018
I listened to this with Romance Unlimited. Braith and Addolgar were a fun couple. I love that crazy Clan Cadwaladr. Hollie Jackson is an excellent narrator for the book. If you enjoy fun with your fantasy give these books a try. There are plenty of LOL moments.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
This was lite, funny, and interesting lead to the deeper stories of the Dragon Kin . . .
Alison
OK, reader's dilemma. On the same day you get a new book by G A Aiken, Julie Ann Walker and Thea Harrison - which one do you read first?

So I chose A Tale of Two Dragons and I was not disappointed. This had everything I love from G A Aiken, the Cadwalader clan, sympathetic heroines, kick-ass fighting and lots of sarcastic humour - oh, and dragons, lots and lots of dragons.

Poor Braith of the Darkness has had a lonely life. Her father is a tool and her brothers are his stooges. She is royalty but
Ash Rowe
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

It was a wonderful short story about how Addolgar and Braith met.

I always find myself cracking up when I read the stories this author writes. I dont mean little scoffs to myself but actually laughing and having to hurry up and cover it to make sure I dont wake my husband up or get weird looks.

I liked Braith she was kick a** and she kicked a lot of a**. Her story was kind of heartbreaking but I loved the ending and her HEA.

Addolgar, what to say about him. He was hilarious. I loved how cheerful
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Everlasting Bad Boys (Dragon Kin, #0.1)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • Hunting Season (The Gathering, #1)
  • Bite Me (Pride, #9)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • Howl For It (includes Pride, #0.5)
  • Perfect Mate (Shifters Unbound, #4.25)
  • Feral Heat (Shifters Unbound, #5.5)
  • Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)
  • The Unyielding (Call of Crows, #3)
  • The Undoing (Call of Crows, #2)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1)
A.K.A. Shelly Laurenston

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, Originally from Long Island, New York, lives on the West Coast and spends most of her time writing and making sure her rescued Pittie doesnt love everyone into a coma. When shes not writing about sexy dragons, shes writing about sexy wolf, lion, tiger, and other fang-filled predators under the name Shelly

Dragon Kin (9 books)
  • Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin, #5)
  • How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6)
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)

News & Interviews

“I don’t like this,” his brother told him as they walked down the stairs.

“You don’t like anything. I’ve heard you complain about the air.”

“It irritates me when it whistles.”
26 likes
“She wasn’t part of it,” Addolgar cut in. “And she saved my life.”
“Who cares about your life?” Bercelak demanded.
Addolgar was silent for a moment before he replied, “I do.”
Braith studied the dragon who sat next to her. “You had to think about that reply?”
“Wanted to make sure it wasn’t a trick question, didn’t I?”
21 likes