Start by marking “I'm Not Gonna Lie: and Other Lies You Tell When You Turn 50” as Want to Read:
I'm Not Gonna Lie: and Other Lies You Tell When You Turn 50

I'm Not Gonna Lie: and Other Lies You Tell When You Turn 50

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
From one of the most celebrated and beloved comedians and actors of our time, George Lopez, comes this hilarious, touching, and often wacky chronicle of life after fifty.

George Lopez just hit the half-century mark and the reset button on his life. Newly single and ready to embrace life, George was excited to turn fifty. It would be a welcome new phase in his life, a chanc
Published May 7th 2013 by Celebra

To ask other readers questions about I'm Not Gonna Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Not Gonna Lie

Jasmine Holloman
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book shows the comedic genius of George Lopez. Even though I am only 23, I appreciated Lopez detailing the beauty and horrors of turning 50. I would have rated it a 5, but the rambles about golf I could have done without. Other than that, I think anyone that enjoys George Lopez will enjoy this book.
Marisela
Jan 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
So far in the book I'm starting to realize that George may be a funny comedian, however, his book shows he can be a ugly human being. From calling women fat to dissing his ex wife even after she gave him a kidney!

I'll finish this book and I hope that he gives me something to like him about...

UPDATE: I finished the book a couple of weeks ago and I didn't change my opinion about him. Although he is a philanthropist, that is nothing compared to the type of human he is. It reminds me of people who
Lara
May 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2016
I'm actually surprised by how little I enjoyed this book when I have enjoyed Lopez's comedy for many years. Maybe because this is the second book, but there is very little about his childhood outside of setting up for a laugh. It doesn't have any depth, aside from the late chapter about his kidney failure. Most of all, it felt like one complaint after another, that is supposed to be humourous, but instead is a little cringe-worthy.

The two autobiographies by Jewish comedians had less kvetching th
Jake Stark
Im not gonna lie by George Lopez is a very funny book. I found myself laughing throughout the whole thing. In the book he talks a lot about his life experiences, but mostly about wat it was like for him when he turned 50. The things that he used to do every day, are not easy anymore. The things he never worried about, are starting to bother him. He talks about his love for golf, and tells funny stories about when he was a child. I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good laugh.
Margie
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I could relate to many of the stages he went through in approaching 50 since I'm knocking on that door myself. He has hilarious outlook on certain milestones, but also some penetrating introspection. It was interesting learning what was going on in his own life, behind the scenes of his TV series.
Anita Dawson
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I appreciated George Lopez bringing aging to a comical light. It was tastefully written. For him to tell of his health scares could only help someone else. Must read...
Cynthia
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this man!!! Some great life instructions in here. Hilarious!!!
Lindsay
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
Funny. Had some parts that he really didn't need to share.
Olivia
May 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
The chapter on kidney disease is the best one. Do NOT ignore purple pee.
Edward
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although I found his frequent talk of golf tedious. Overall a book full of laughs at us people who have hit the big 50
Trish Lava
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm too young for this one.
Kristal
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

Made me laugh out loud at many points. I may be 20-something, but I found Lopez's stories about being 50 to be hilarious and true. Something I've noticed about comedy/humor books: they are better if you don't know the author's work very much.
Brooke
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
George Lopez is a funny guy and the book was pretty funny.
Leane
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a fan of G.L. and I can relate to getting older. The stories are mostly funny. It was good. Nothing great. And if you're not expecting something great you will probably like this book.
Michael Marcela
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. There were several laugh out loud parts that were extremely funny. Being over 50, I could really relate to many of the observations in the book. At times it seemed to ramble a bit and wander away from the specific topic that was introduced but it did come back and wrap each topic up. Not knowing alot about George Lopez before reading this book, I found the parts where he talked about his upbringing and his kidney disease interesting and informative. Overall it was a very enj ...more
Jenny  (Mama Bear Reads)
If you enjoy Lopez's humor, you will probably enjoy this book.
I thought it was humorous, and it was nice to learn more about Lopez.
The audio, narrated by Lopez, was entertaining and easy listening.
yvette
Mar 06, 2014
Marko-Michael
Sep 19, 2017
Diana Obeso
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2014