Start by marking “Don't Kill Him! The Story of My Life with Bhagwan Rajneesh” as Want to Read:
Don't Kill Him! The Story of My Life with Bhagwan Rajneesh

Don't Kill Him! The Story of My Life with Bhagwan Rajneesh

As His personal secretary between 1981 and 1985, and the second-in-command of His organization, Ma Anand Sheela enjoyed an enviably close relationship with Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.

Bhagwan called upon her when He wanted to discuss personal issues, crucial administrative matters, run minor errands, and to even place an order for a new Rolls-Royce. Ma Sheela was His
Paperback, First edition, 312 pages
Published January 1st 2013 by Fingerprint

Start your review of Don't Kill Him! The Story of My Life with Bhagwan Rajneesh
Bharath
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Many years back, during his lifetime, be it India or the US, Osho Rajneesh & his teachings created stress and suspicion among the local population. Today, I think, many people view his legacy with more openness and accept that he explored new methods & his teachings had value. I have been curious about what made him popular as well as the events which led to his exit from the US. I picked up this book (a biography by Ma Anand Sheela, who was his personal secretary) on impulse expecting ...more
Vivek Tejuja
Jan 16, 2013 rated it liked it
It isn’t easy to write a book about a public figure. It isn’t easy to also write a book about your life spent with the public figure and having loved him and done everything as per his wish and command. “Don’t Kill Him! The Story of my Life with Bhagwan Rajneesh” by Ma Anand Sheela is a short chronicle of Ma Sheela’s life with Bhagwan (self-proclaimed) Rajneesh from the time she met him, worked with him in setting up the commune at Poona and Oregon to the time she resigned from the post of his ...more
Bernie Gourley
Sep 29, 2013 rated it liked it
There are some nonfiction books that one reads because one wants the objective, unvarnished truth about events. This is NOT that book. Some books you read knowing they are going to contain a mix of truth and falsehood--fact and fiction--and you read them believing you can gain insight from both the truth and the falsehood--if you consider the words analytically in light of known facts. This is that kind of book.

Don’t Kill Him is an autobiographical account of Ma Anand Sheela’s (a.k.a. Sheela
Anuradha Gandhy
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir
Ma Anand Sheela was the personal secretary of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh from 1981 through 1985, managed the Rajneeshpuram ashram in Wasco County, Oregon, United States.It was she who convinced him to leave India and establish an ashram in the United States ... When she left the ashram the allegations levelled against her — were - bio-terrorism, assassination attempts, and wire-tapping...
This book is about the years that she spent with him, helping Osho set up Rajneeshpuram, a commune in Oregon,
Prashanth Bhat
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't Kill Him! The Story of My Life with Bhagwan Rajneesh : a Memoir - ma Anand sheela

ಆಚಾರಯ ರಜನೀಶ,ಓಶೋ,ಭಗವಾನ ಇತಯಾದಿ ಹಲವಾರು ಹೆಸರುಗಳಿಂದ ಕರೆಯಲಪಡುವ ರಜನೀಶ ಬಗಗೆ ಎಷಟು ಗೊತತು ನಿಮಗೆ? ಹೆಚಚೆಂದರೆ 'ಸೆಕಸ ಗುರು' ಎಂಬ ಉಪಾಧಿ ಬಗಗೆ ಕೇಳಿರಬಹುದು. ಅವರ ಆಶರಮದಲಲಿ ಡರಗಸ ಎಲಲ ಬಳಸತಾ ಇದಾರಂತೆ ಅಂತ ಯಾರೋ ಹೇಳಿದದನನ ನೀವು ಕೇಳಿರಬಹುದು. ಇಲಲ ಅಸಂಖಯಾತ ಪರಕಟಣೆಗಳ ಕಂಡ ಓಶೋ ಪುಸತಕಗಳ ಒಂದು ಝಲಕ ನಿಮಗೆ ಸಿಕಕಿರಬಹುದು. ಅದೂ ಇಲಲ ಅಂದರೆ ಅವರ ಮಾತಿನ ವೀಡಿಯೋಗಳ ನೀವು ನೋಡಿರಬಹುದು.
ಸರಿಸುಮಾರು ಆರು ನೂರಕಕೂ ಹೆಚಚಿನ ಪುಸತಕ, ಎಷಟೋ ಸಾವಿರ ಗಂಟೆಗಳ ಮಾತಿನ ವೀಡಿಯೋ 1990ರಲಲಿ ಕಾಲವಾದರೂ ಈಗಲೂ ಜನ
Amanda Mae
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir, religion
I wanted to read this after watching Wild, Wild Country on Netflix, and I think that helped me understand the context of much of Sheela's story. Sheela starts the book with leaving Rajneeshpuram and Bhagwan, and subsequent prison stint, before backtracking in the second half to how she met Bhagwan and how Rajneeshpuram came to be. If I hadn't seen the documentary on Netflix, I think I would have been very confused, but I already had a timeline and context in place for her version of events.

This
Andy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: true-crime
i didnt even finish this. i hate it so much.
Divya
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay. So where should I start! This book has introduced me to this world of which I had the faintest idea. I mean I saw the teaser of Wild Wild Country on Netflix. But who knew this man and his confidante can make the western land dance to their tunes. I also at certain points empathised with Sheela as she narrated her experiences. But then there is something that makes me think she was equally a fanatic as she reigned but got tired of the overwhelming responses she faced. So, yeah this book is ...more
Gurpreet
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the most facinating books I read so far. After watching Wild Wild Country, I became so fanatic about Osho that I happened to watch all of his fucking videos (I mean where he is barking like an orator), his secretary videos and lot more. I would recommend this to all who has seen the series because this book is beyond that and covers up the entire story in the words of MA Anand Sheela. I find this lady quite sincere because Osho made her an epitome of his so fake fucking commune and later ...more
Kasturi  Dadhe
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book by Ma Anand Sheela. Reveal-er not only of Osho as a human being with normal emotions but also of the workings of larger-than-self godman and his profound philosophy. My respect only grew for his devout follower also the author of the book. A must read!
Priyanka Dey
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
A complete eye-opener. Once you pick this book up, you cannot put it off. It is the kind of book that haunts you till you are done with it. I would recommend this to anyone with an open mind to look at Osho.
Khushnuma
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must read for every Osho fan. He was simply a man but he made wrong use of his power.
Alfredo Gayou
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fills lots of blanks

Chronologically it first tells the story after leaving the commune, mainly because that.would have been less appealing to read at the end.
At certain points it feels too apologetic or justifying lots; but ii is amazing and comforting how Sheela’s love for Bhagwan was and still is. You can read true love in her words, yet I understood more reading how Sherpa lacked also the love for meditation. The book doesn’t explain again what is on “wild wild country” so It is a very good
Antonio Vargas
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is Ma Anand Sheela, Crazy?! Like a Fox! An insiders perspective on the Rajneesh community.
Random
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Positives: Many inspiring stories from Oshos and some humanly parts of osho. Also about Rajaneeshpuram project

Negatives: Attempts of coming out clean of all the allegations. She backs some of them by quoting Osho from his discourse and books and some of them are from her personal accounts. Some are clear lies which you realize after watching Netflix series and by watching other videos coming up these days in internet.

Personal opinion: Well, it is obvious that this is an attempt of Ma Anand
Sanjeev Kotnala
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
DON'T KILL HIM .. The Story of My life with Bhagwan rajneesh. Ma Anand Sheela

READ IT. I FOUND THIS A GOOD WORK AND AN INTERESTING FACE OF BHAGWAN RAJNEESH.

I have been deeply influenced by Bhagwan Rajneeshes books and sermons. His hypnotic voice and the rationally ( at least it seems so at that point of time) driven logical analysis of learning’s – or interpretation are legendary. It was very easy for people to fall in love with him- respect him and take on him as their master. BUT THE COMMUNE
The Book Outline
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Don't Kill Him! is not an endorsement of teachings and philosophy of Bhagwan Rajneesh, instead it is Ma Anand Sheela's version of what had happened. Divided in two distinct parts, the first part begins on the day Ma Sheela decides to resign as Bhagwan's secretary while the second part begins from when she joined Bhagwan's movement around 1972.

Read the complete review of Don't Kill Him! at http://www.thebookoutline.com/2013/06...
Bodhisatva Zen
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ALL
Recommended to Bodhisatva by: None
This is a wonderful book, by a wonderful, honest and hardworking, loving person. Ma Anand Sheela narrates the truth behind the Rajneeshpuram episode in Osho and Her life. She is one of the greatest lovers of Osho and honestly brings the truth out of the mystery surrounding the Rajneeshpuram episode. A must read for all those who truly want to find the truth and not go by what others say about Osho or Ma Anand Sheela.
Swarna Pawar
Feb 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
It's all about her contradictions. She talks of osho and vivek's and their relationship. She gets personal. She herself admits of having numerous relationships and sometimes multiple relationships at a time. Nevertheless people can read between lines.
Nikesh
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
For someone who did not know the entire story, it was shocking to see what power can do to someone who ironically preached giving it up.
Akshay Anand
Apr 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't think author in this tell all book actually told anything of sort. Just one sided story and narrative.
Anuradha Goyal
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very interesting read by someone who lead an unusual life http://www.anureviews.com/dont-kill-h...
Darsha18
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Worth Reading For All OSHO Fans...
Manish Vohra
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good book
Saurabh Pahuja
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
a nice book
Ma Sheela give her real life story about her times with Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.

A good book to learn the other side of the teachings of Osho.

Chakomako
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
good
Indrajeet Chavan
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
its nice narrating
Devanshu Singh
Oct 13, 2017
Louis Olakkengal
Apr 16, 2018

• Who Killed Osho
  • Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book 2015
  • The Secrets to Cheese Making At Home: Step-by-Step Guide to Amazing and Delicious Cheese Recipes at Home
  • Devil in The Darkness: The True Story of Serial Killer Israel Keyes
  • Salvation of a Saint (Detective Galileo, #2)
  • I Stop Somewhere
  • ಮೂರ್ಖನ ಮಾತುಗಳು..!
  • The Art of Dying
  • ಪುತ್ರಿಕಾಮೇಷ್ಟಿ
  • Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion
  • The New Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook: 150 Fresh Ideas for America's Favorite Pan
  • 1001 Best Crock Pot Recipes of All Time
  • Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide: The Authoritative Guide to Low Temperature Precision Cooking
  • The Skinny ActiFry Cookbook: Guilt-free and Delicious ActiFry Recipe Ideas: Discover The Healthier Way to Fry!
  • Shadow of Doubt: Probing the Supreme Court
  • My Lodge Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook: 100 Cast Iron Skillet Recipes
  • Flour Water Salt Yeast: The Fundamentals of Artisan Bread and Pizza
  • The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science
“You must understand human nature. If people do not have to pay for something, they do not believe that they will receive any value from it.” 1 likes
“If they pay and do not get what they expected, they will say nothing, because they do not want to look stupid.” 1 likes