Start by marking “Death's Awakening (Eternal Sorrows, #1)” as Want to Read:
Death's Awakening (Eternal Sorrows, #1)

Death's Awakening

(Eternal Sorrows #1)

For sixteen-year-old Parrish Sorrows, life is about to become a nightmare.

This is the night she'll wake up to her mother's convulsions. The night she'll lose contact with her father and sister in New York. The night 911 will stop answering the phone.

Nook
Published July 5th 2013 by Dead River Books (first published July 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Death's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death's Awakening

Start your review of Death's Awakening (Eternal Sorrows, #1)
Abbie
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually love zombie books, but this one just didn't do it for me at all unfortunately.

The characters in this were alright, but I didn't love any of them.

There was a few bits in this that were okay, but I found the rest of it to be boring. The story couldn't hold my interest for longer than 10%.

Overall, A different take on zombies, but not an enjoyable one for me.
Anniek
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The young witch has been sick and tired of always being seen as useless. She wants to show the elders that she's capable of doing great things and she follows Tobias, a powerful sorcerer,into a portal. By doing so she breaks the strong hold the guardians have over the dark one. This gives the dark one room to break free and offers her a willing young witch to do her bidding. Five guardians were named to keep the dark one bound. Over the years they've died and reincarnated into new lives. The ...more
Tara Neideffer
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, zombies
Another great book by Sarra Cannon! I really enjoyed this fresh take on zombies and can't wait for the next book in the series. The multiple POV's in the book was done really well and it lets us get to know each character in the book, which is nice since they all play an important role in the story. The characters were very well developed. I LOVED how magic was involved, it definitely makes this zombie book stand out against all the others I have read. It was an awesome book with a lot of twists ...more
S.M. Reine
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy, pnr
Cool, unique take on zombies. Loved how spooky it was. Can't wait for the sequel!
Amanda Marie
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recently, I read The Trouble With Goodbye, Sarra Cannon’s debut new adult novel. When I learned that she would also be releasing Death’s Awakening, a young adult paranormal thriller, I was beyond excited and couldn’t wait to read it.

This novel chronicles the lives of three teenaged neighbors: Parrish (one B-A chick who easily became one of my favorite characters), Noah (the adorable boy next door who has a heart wrenching past), and popular cheerleader Karmen (who’s character I cannot wait to
Amy
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***Guest Review From Amy Conley For The Nerd Girl Page***

A mysterious supernatural virus has been unleashed everywhere around the world spreading rapidly and killing everyone in it's wake just when things couldn't get worse the dead begin to .... rise???
Sixteen year old Parrish Sorrows embarks on a journey to find her family or what's left of them anyway.. Along the way she teams up with the boy next door, her ex best friend, a computer genius and a shy quiet boy...

My Review:
I have been dying
Deborah Ann
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is not your typical zombie story! OK so I loved Death's Awakening! Sarra created a magical twist on an apocalyptic zombie world. I seriously haven't read any other book like it. She really took an unusual (but very good) direction towards what would cause a Zombie Apocalypse. The book starts introducing a witch who lives in another realm but by a series of circumstances she ends up in our realm where the other characters are. At first I had a bit of difficulty reading the book because each ...more
Mommasaysread
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

By Momma on September 5, 2013

It’s no secret how much I love Sarra Cannon’s books. Death’s Awakening was different. Sarra shows an amazing ability for range in her writing. Her characters always have dimension and real personality I love and/or hate them just like she intends for readers to feel.

I also happen to love zombies so this one is a real bonus for me: Zombies, Young Adult AND Sarra Cannon I was in heaven for the duration of this read.

I really can’t think of anything I didn’t like about
Ria
EGADS!!! going to post my review on THE 29th!!!

4.5 LOOOOOORRRVVVEDDDDD it and I hate Zombies…Thats saying a lot!!!

So, I’m definitely one of the last people on the planet that is soooooooo NOT into zombies. Sorry Merica! If the Zombie apocalypse were to occur I have a Compound Bow that will Blast right through any rotter... Plus, I’m always in the market for a machete! Trust me when I say, "God has graced me with the “Bad A$$” gene!" “Watch Out LameBrains, WATCH OUT!" N E way, Like I was saying…

Adrianne James
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing novel by Sarra Cannon!

First off let me start this by saying I don't generally read zombie novels. I don't typically like watching zombie movies unless my husband drags me to see them with his puppy dog eyes. But I had every confidence in the world in Sarra's ability to capture my attenion, even if she was writing about zombies.

I LOVED this book. Sarra gave the zombie theme a magical twist and for me that is what made the whole book. It is an end of the world as we know it novel
Melissa Souza
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witches
Well, I managed to finish the book within 2 days which says a lot. It was action packed and the story was engaging. The characters were likeable as well. The only one that irritated me a bit was Karmen. I feel the story could have done without her or maybe another character was needed. But that is a small negative. There wasn't a whole lot of romance. Just a bit of attraction which was really nice as the second book has something to build up on. The ending was awesome. I did not see that coming ...more
Karla
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
That was bloody brilliant.

I was hooked from page 1. Kept reading till I was finished, the book never left my hand even when I when I put the chicken in the oven and made tea.

*not easy to make tea with one hand. But it was worth the drop of boiling water on my little toe....

What a page turner, dramatic, well written, action packed, well thought out charcters, couldn't ask for anything more 5*****

Lisa Raines
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This post apocalyptic tale was so good and scary that I couldn't put it down. It's one of those that you let the chores and to-do list go so that you can finish your story! The author has put together a great, well-rounded cast of characters, plenty to love and a few to hate. I hope she hurries with the next installment. I want to know what happens next!
Anitra
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Death's Awakening" by Sarra Cannon is an engaging and imaginative story with believable and well-developed characters. I am not a fan of Zombie stories, but this novel is riveting and amazing!
Rachel
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! There are currently two in this series, she is working on the third and final installment and I can't freakin wait. At first I wasn't gonna read it because it was another take on the apocalypse but I really love this authors books so I went ahead and bought it and I have no regrets, the story and characters are well written and pull you into that world. I couldn't put it down and immediately bought the second one.
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a new take on how the Zombie virus originated. I don’t read much YA, and I liked the characters, but I was reading more for the anticipation of the how the Zombies would come into play. By the time they arrived, I was completely sucked into the story and the characters and didn’t put it down until I had finished.
Cathy *Booklover4everandever*
Not the usual genre I read

This book was not too bad. I usually don't read a sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal books especially about zombies end of the world type stuff but I love Sarra Cannon's books alot so I thought I would give it a shot and it was not half bad
Sonia Ortiz
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great writing

The theme was not my favorite: zombies, but Sarra did not disappoint. The writing is really good, like always. Looking forward to the development of these characters.
Bec
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This story! Edge of ur seat thriller! Totally scary to think it could happen! Sarra Cannon is a brilliant story teller.. I couldn’t stop reading. Can’t wait to read what happens next. Absolutely recommend this to all.
Jacqueline Patterson
OK, so I picked up this book because I loved the protagonist’s name. Parrish just sounds epic for an apocalyptic story. #noapologies
The story dragged in parts (just face the zombies already), but the human spirit and unexpected witch POVs made this book a winner.
Kara
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

As always, Sarra Cannons's book was great!
I loved the mix of science fiction & fantasy.
I have been looking for a good zombie book for a while & this really hit the spot.
I couldn't put it down!
Beautiful
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sarra-cannon
I love to read
and when I read those are Adventures I have in life
I had many and I have more to look forward too
Ann
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not expect to love this book like I did! Such a great read!
Fatimah
The twist at the end definitely made me pick up the second book!
Jagged
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I thought this was an interesting read. It was a different take for zombies, and with all of the zombie reinventions out there, I was expecting this to be a total bust--but it was pretty good.

There were still a lot of problems with the writing itself.
"Nothing will be normal again."
That line was so overused in this book that I wanted to shred my reader. It's an overused line to begin with, but to then use it five times in one book? Really? Come on! And to be honest, the way it was used
K.M. Montemayor
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars

Imagine Stephen King's The Stand hooks up with a dark fairytale and begets The Walking Dead.

There are a million zombie stories out there but this one has an interesting dark fairytale twist. The zombie virus is caused by a spell. Five survivors, called the guardians, realize that they have special skills they lacked before. They will come together almost the way Mother Abigail called her followers in The Stand

The Guardians:

Parrish: Emo girl turned ninja ice queen after the zombie
April Hollingworth
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

Death’s Awakening if the first book in the brand new Eternal Sorrows series. Told from different points of view this is a fantastic book. Filled with magick, zombies, romance and action, this brilliant series leaves you begging for more.

Opening Scene:

The young witch hesitated at the edge of the forest.

The Review:

Parrish Sorrows is a sixteen year old girl, whose ordinary life gets turned upside down the night her mother becomes seriously ill, and 911 stop
Stacey Brutger
Sep 06, 2014 rated it liked it

3.5 Stars

DESCRIPTION:

For sixteen-year-old Parrish Sorrows, life is about to become a nightmare.

This is the night she’ll wake up to her mother’s convulsions. The night she’ll lose contact with her father and sister in New York. The night 911 will stop answering the phone.

This is the night a mysterious supernatural virus begins its deadly rampage across the globe, killing billions in a matter of days. And just when things can’t get worse, the dead begin to rise.

Parrish must embark on a perilous
Melissa Pettersson
Three and half stars.
Ginger
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews, arc-s

A deadly virus has been unleashed by a powerful witch, a virus that not only takes the life of anyone who has the misfortune to be exposed to it but also causes the dead to rise and hunt the living.

Told from six different few points "Deaths Awakening" tells the story of five teenagers who must ban together to save their world and one witch who will do anything to destroy it.

This is going to be a rather short review because I'm really not sure what to say about it. I loved the beginning of
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Create ACE for 2 books please? 3 92 Dec 13, 2015 03:22AM
Goodreads Librari...: Series cover updates 1 10 Oct 27, 2015 02:22PM

• Writing and Releasing Rapidly
  • The Tracker Hive Academy: Year One (Jade Storm Tracker #1)
  • The Inquisition (Summoner, #2)
  • Shifter's Fate (Willow Harbor, #1)
  • Dying for a Living (Dying for a Living, #1)
  • Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream
  • Carnage (Whispers From the Bayou, #1)
  • Neon Angel
  • Chloe (Made Men, #3)
  • Always (Cross + Catherine #1; Legacy Novels)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Armageddon Outta Here (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8.5)
  • Midnight (Skulduggery Pleasant, #11)
  • Resurrection (Skulduggery Pleasant, #10)
  • Bedlam (Skulduggery Pleasant, #12)
  • Lucca (Made Men, #4)
  • Wrath (Soul Savers, #5)
  • Purpose (Soul Savers, #2)

Eternal Sorrows (2 books)
  • Sorrow's Gift (Eternal Sorrows #2)