Start by marking “Death's Awakening (Eternal Sorrows, #1)” as Want to Read:
Death's Awakening (Eternal Sorrows, #1)

Death's Awakening

(Eternal Sorrows #1)

For sixteen-year-old Parrish Sorrows, life is about to become a nightmare.

This is the night she'll wake up to her mother's convulsions. The night she'll lose contact with her father and sister in New York. The night 911 will stop answering the phone.

This is the night a mysterious supernatural virus begins its deadly rampage across the globe, killing billions in a matter of
Nook
Published July 5th 2013 by Dead River Books (first published July 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Death's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death's Awakening

Start your review of Death's Awakening (Eternal Sorrows, #1)
Abbie
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually love zombie books, but this one just didn't do it for me at all unfortunately.

The characters in this were alright, but I didn't love any of them.

There was a few bits in this that were okay, but I found the rest of it to be boring. The story couldn't hold my interest for longer than 10%.

Overall, A different take on zombies, but not an enjoyable one for me.
S.M. Reine
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr, urban-fantasy
Cool, unique take on zombies. Loved how spooky it was. Can't wait for the sequel! ...more
Anniek
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The young witch has been sick and tired of always being seen as useless. She wants to show the elders that she's capable of doing great things and she follows Tobias, a powerful sorcerer, into a portal. By doing so she breaks the strong hold the guardians have over the dark one. This gives the dark one room to break free and offers her a willing young witch to do her bidding. Five guardians were named to keep the dark one bound. Over the years they've died and reincarnated into new lives. The wo ...more
Jagged
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I thought this was an interesting read. It was a different take for zombies, and with all of the zombie reinventions out there, I was expecting this to be a total bust--but it was pretty good.

There were still a lot of problems with the writing itself.
"Nothing will be normal again."
That line was so overused in this book that I wanted to shred my reader. It's an overused line to begin with, but to then use it five times in one book? Really? Come on! And to be honest, the way it was used
Tara Kelley
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, zombies
Another great book by Sarra Cannon! I really enjoyed this fresh take on zombies and can't wait for the next book in the series. The multiple POV's in the book was done really well and it lets us get to know each character in the book, which is nice since they all play an important role in the story. The characters were very well developed. I LOVED how magic was involved, it definitely makes this zombie book stand out against all the others I have read. It was an awesome book with a lot of twists ...more
Coco.V
Oct 22, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/22/2020)! 🎁
Amanda Marie
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recently, I read The Trouble With Goodbye, Sarra Cannon’s debut new adult novel. When I learned that she would also be releasing Death’s Awakening, a young adult paranormal thriller, I was beyond excited and couldn’t wait to read it.

This novel chronicles the lives of three teenaged neighbors: Parrish (one B-A chick who easily became one of my favorite characters), Noah (the adorable boy next door who has a heart wrenching past), and popular cheerleader Karmen (who’s character I cannot wait to se
Amy
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***Guest Review From Amy Conley For The Nerd Girl Page***

A mysterious supernatural virus has been unleashed everywhere around the world spreading rapidly and killing everyone in it's wake just when things couldn't get worse the dead begin to .... rise???
Sixteen year old Parrish Sorrows embarks on a journey to find her family or what's left of them anyway.. Along the way she teams up with the boy next door, her ex best friend, a computer genius and a shy quiet boy...

My Review:
I have been dying t
Deborah Ann
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is not your typical zombie story! OK so I loved Death's Awakening! Sarra created a magical twist on an apocalyptic zombie world. I seriously haven't read any other book like it. She really took an unusual (but very good) direction towards what would cause a Zombie Apocalypse. The book starts introducing a witch who lives in another realm but by a series of circumstances she ends up in our realm where the other characters are. At first I had a bit of difficulty reading the book because each ...more
Mommasaysread
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

By Momma on September 5, 2013

It’s no secret how much I love Sarra Cannon’s books. Death’s Awakening was different. Sarra shows an amazing ability for range in her writing. Her characters always have dimension and real personality I love and/or hate them just like she intends for readers to feel.

I also happen to love zombies so this one is a real bonus for me: Zombies, Young Adult AND Sarra Cannon I was in heaven for the duration of this read.

I really can’t think of anything I didn’t like about t
Ria
EGADS!!! going to post my review on THE 29th!!!

4.5 LOOOOOORRRVVVEDDDDD it and I hate Zombies…Thats saying a lot!!!

So, I’m definitely one of the last people on the planet that is soooooooo NOT into zombies. Sorry Merica! If the Zombie apocalypse were to occur I have a Compound Bow that will Blast right through any rotter... Plus, I’m always in the market for a machete! Trust me when I say, "God has graced me with the “Bad A$$” gene!" “Watch Out LameBrains, WATCH OUT!" N E way, Like I was saying…

A
Adrianne James
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing novel by Sarra Cannon!

First off let me start this by saying I don't generally read zombie novels. I don't typically like watching zombie movies unless my husband drags me to see them with his puppy dog eyes. But I had every confidence in the world in Sarra's ability to capture my attenion, even if she was writing about zombies.

I LOVED this book. Sarra gave the zombie theme a magical twist and for me that is what made the whole book. It is an end of the world as we know it novel a
Melissa Souza
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witches
Well, I managed to finish the book within 2 days which says a lot. It was action packed and the story was engaging. The characters were likeable as well. The only one that irritated me a bit was Karmen. I feel the story could have done without her or maybe another character was needed. But that is a small negative. There wasn't a whole lot of romance. Just a bit of attraction which was really nice as the second book has something to build up on. The ending was awesome. I did not see that coming ...more
Karla
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
That was bloody brilliant.

I was hooked from page 1. Kept reading till I was finished, the book never left my hand even when I when I put the chicken in the oven and made tea.

*not easy to make tea with one hand. But it was worth the drop of boiling water on my little toe....

What a page turner, dramatic, well written, action packed, well thought out charcters, couldn't ask for anything more 5*****

Lisa Raines
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This post apocalyptic tale was so good and scary that I couldn't put it down. It's one of those that you let the chores and to-do list go so that you can finish your story! The author has put together a great, well-rounded cast of characters, plenty to love and a few to hate. I hope she hurries with the next installment. I want to know what happens next! ...more
Anitra
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Death's Awakening" by Sarra Cannon is an engaging and imaginative story with believable and well-developed characters. I am not a fan of Zombie stories, but this novel is riveting and amazing! ...more
Andrea
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A unique blend of fantasy and zombie apocalypse.

Where do I even begin with this book?

I was hesitant going in as I had read Beautiful Demons first, and wasn’t overly impressed. Death’s Awakening however is definitely a different kind of beast and one that I throughly enjoyed from beginning to end.

What usually ends up happening to me so multi-POV books is that I will find one or two characters that I particularly enjoy and will skip everyone else’s chapter. Here though each character had someth
Marion Craggs
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book and was not sure what to expect but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it, not my usual style of book as I don’t generally read “end of the world as we know it” storylines because they are often essentially the same story with just slightly different setting. But I fancied a change and so decided to try it and was not disappointed, I felt I got to know the characters quite well through the story and like the way we have the different story lines for each charac ...more
Kleri _reads
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normally, I don't read zombie-related books, but I heard the author talking about this book on YouTube, and I found it on sale on Amazon, so I decided to give it a go. This is a YA end-of-the-world story.
I really enjoyed this book! The stakes are high, the pace is fast and the characters are a nice combination (a bit stereotypical, but still enjoyable).
The plot follows a multi-perspective structure but it is very easy to follow.
The end plot-twist is very good in my opinion... and I am looking
AnnaG
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I'm not a big fan of soft magic systems in general; I prefer to be told the rules and then see the world evolve and the rules influence the plot. Even so, sometimes a mysterious world where there is magic, but you don't know the limits can be intriguing - here it just wasn't for me. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the powers of the characters or the cause of the virus; the plot also relied on people happening to do really strange things for no particular reason. Maybe later in the serie ...more
Ariana Smith
This book was... ok. I read it on Wattpad. The writing was a bit slow, and the plot seemed easy, meant for young readers. The characters were a bit bland, and the character Parrish was kind of cliche, with the whole “I’m not like other girls I can fight and I wear combat boots”.

Karmen was that stereotypical, cliche, blonde popular girl type. I was disappointed that the author didn’t really tap into her full potential.

Also, is it weird that I was supporting The Witch more then the main characters
Rachel
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! There are currently two in this series, she is working on the third and final installment and I can't freakin wait. At first I wasn't gonna read it because it was another take on the apocalypse but I really love this authors books so I went ahead and bought it and I have no regrets, the story and characters are well written and pull you into that world. I couldn't put it down and immediately bought the second one. ...more
Liwayway
I didn’t mean to start a book about a deadly virus while living in the middle of a pandemic, but well I did. Supernatural forces behind such a terrible sweep of the world is the answer. Of course it is.

I loved these characters though. The plot and pace following the lives of five super powered humans reincarnated in the middle of a zombie-infested world while an ancient evil looms over them was on point.

Fast, wildly entertaining read!
Kay Bennson
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my forth Sarra Cannon book and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite. It's a wonderful new take on Zombies, while still throwing in some of those classic tropes we all know and love. She made all the characters really interesting, I'm rooting for all of them (yes, even Karmen) and I'm curious to know what the Dark One will do next.

Super happy you decided to make this more than three books, Sarra!
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a new take on how the Zombie virus originated. I don’t read much YA, and I liked the characters, but I was reading more for the anticipation of the how the Zombies would come into play. By the time they arrived, I was completely sucked into the story and the characters and didn’t put it down until I had finished.
Misty Macdonald
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

What a great story, love zombie books and movies. Very well written and flows nicely. Would definitely recommend this book. It is not very graphic so it shouldn't keep you up late, well unless your trying to finish the book so you can get to the 2nd one and find out what is happening.
Tenaya MKD
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I’ve never read a zombie story before, but I think books have officially become my favorite zombie medium. This story is witchy and zombie in perfect parts. 😍✨
I thought I might struggle connecting with such young characters, but I didn’t at all. Parrish and Noah are wise beyond their years and I totally loved them.
Arfiya Labeeb
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5
This is literally the best book I have ever read. Great job Sarra Cannon ,though it's so different from my comfort zone I felt the book was good, it has the different feeling . For people who like fantasy will adore this book and the different thing in this book is it shows one element in five perspectives which was a creative thought, I feel it's the best thing about this book
Bec
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This story! Edge of ur seat thriller! Totally scary to think it could happen! Sarra Cannon is a brilliant story teller.. I couldn’t stop reading. Can’t wait to read what happens next. Absolutely recommend this to all.
Kara
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

As always, Sarra Cannons's book was great!
I loved the mix of science fiction & fantasy.
I have been looking for a good zombie book for a while & this really hit the spot.
I couldn't put it down!
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Create ACE for 2 books please? 3 92 Dec 13, 2015 03:22AM
Goodreads Librari...: Series cover updates 1 10 Oct 27, 2015 02:22PM

• Midlife Bounty Hunter (Forty Proof, #1)
  • God's Hammer (Hakon's Saga, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic #7)
  • Love Machine (Dipole Series book 4)
  • The Bachelor And the Butterfly (A Delightful Romantic Suspense)
  • Little Birds: a collection of short stories
  • Fate of the Emerald Fae (Epacia Academy, #1)
  • Magic and Missives (Blackwood Bay Witches #6)
  • Is Murder By Candlestick Still A Thing? (Diva Delaney Mysteries #1)
  • Mockingston Faire (The Collectionverse, #1)
  • Voodoo Hoodoo Is Complete Doodoo (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 2)
  • Last Chance Summer
  • Upsetting A Poltergeist Never Ends Well (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 3)
  • Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined (The Twilight Saga)
  • Revenge Is Sweet, But Kind Of Sticky (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 4)
  • Karma Is In Dire Need Of Being Spanked (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 5)
See top shelves…

Eternal Sorrows (3 books)
  • Sorrow's Gift (Eternal Sorrows #2)
  • Fate's Surrender (Eternal Sorrows, #3)