Start by marking “The Earl's Honorable Intentions (The Glass Slipper Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Earl's Honorable Intentions (The Glass Slipper Chronicles, #2)

The Earl's Honorable Intentions

(The Glass Slipper Chronicles #2)

A Father's Duty

As soon as Colonel Gavin Romney has healed, he'll return to war and see Bonaparte vanquished forever. Yet his children's governess is proving a formidable adversary on the home front. For pretty, determined Hannah Fletcher wants the earl to fulfill the one role he's sure is beyond him: loving parent.

Hannah can't bear to see her three motherless charges lose
Published June 4th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published June 1st 2013)

Start your review of The Earl's Honorable Intentions (The Glass Slipper Chronicles, #2)
Victoria
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I liked this book a lot more than #5 because there was actual conflict between the couple! It was compelling than #5, and both characters were flawed and human. It has the same issue as #5 -
(view spoiler)
Deon
I read this on #KindleUnlimited
Nicole Laverdure
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Earl's Honorable Intentions by Deborah Hale 4 1/2 stars
This is this first book that I read by this author and I found it charming; It's the romantic story of Gavin, a colonel in the army and Hannah, a governess. I liked the time set in 1815. Gavin's wife had died while he had been in Northern France with the Duke of Wellington's army, preparing to battle Bonaparte's forces. Hannah is the governess of Gavin's three children and she only wishes that he would not remain in the army and instead
V
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2013, romance
I just found out that I won this through a Good Reads FirstReads giveaway. I am very excited for it to arrive!

Hale's romance, taking place at the end of the second Napoleonic War centers around a widower and his children's governess. If this seems at first reminiscent of Jane Eyre, the reader will be surprised with a much warmer story of a relationship. Character-driven, this novel provides a deep look into the flawed (and believable) characters. Precisely because they are flawed does the reader
Brenda
Nov 08, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a very interesting story. Two strong willed individuals that have each made a vow to a dying friend. The story gets interesting when they find their vows are at cross purposes with each other. Great characters and a nice story of letting go of the past and seeing events from youth with adult eyes. A romance? I'd classify it more of an inspirational historical. Not a single kiss....
B. D. Mann
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although “The Earl’s Honorable Intentions” is listed as the second in “The Glass Slipper Brides” series it is the story of the second of five governesses who survived the ordeal of a poor experience school for orphan girls of the clergy where the bonded as if they were siblings. The story of Rebecca Beaton was a novella titled “The Nobleman’s Governess Bride.” This is
followed by the story of Grace Ellerby and Rupert Kendrick, a novel titled “The Baron’s Governess Bride.” In this novel, we find
Bethany Swafford
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hannah Fletcher is determined to fulfill her promise to her now dead mistress to look after the children in her care. When Colonel Gavin Romney, Earl of Hawkehurst, arrives from battle, injured and exhausted, she decides to use the time to help him bond with his children. Can these two readjust the judgments they made about each other and find love along the way?

This one left me conflicted. They both made vows to dying vows, but neither one was willing to see things from the other's point of vie
Shana
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of history about Napoleon

Because this was a story about a man dealing with the loss of his best friend at Waterloo and the promise made, it was a bit too much war and Napoleon. But the story did give you more insight for why men choose war over family. The romance part was more a counseling for the soldier and the governess. Each had previous, negative family experiences to get over. It was a lovely read and the immense research of that part of history was appreciated.
Donna
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vintage-romance
Misunderstandings

I love these novels about this group of young orphans who helped each other survive and find their happily ever after that they all assumed would never be them. Wow... that was a mouth full! There are many meaningful moments that are very inspiring. Here is an example: “I put so much energy into guilt and regret, yet they could not change a single moment of my past. All they did was spoil the present and threaten my future.” Very profound.
Brandi
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This book in the series is my least favorite so far. I loved Grace’s story, and Rebeca’s, but this one just seemed to drag on and on about Gavin’s desire to go get Napoleon... to the point where you could cut out half the book and they could’ve resolved the issue sooner- I found myself skipping over his desires to leave over and over until I could get to their real interactions. I did like getting to know their characters, as the book does have a lot of time to repeat over and over who they are
Brittany
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicals
This review is for books 1-4 in the series. This is a clean romance series about a group of young women who after facing hard times in the past meet their matches and fall in love. Their stories are heart warming and engaging. I finished this series very quickly and enjoyed the reads. I will have to look for more from this author.
Melody
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
This was a great story! I love when characters change their minds about another person when they get to know them better. I think that’s why I love Pride and Prejudice so much. Anyway, I enjoyed this a lot!

5 stars.
Sarah Southerland
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
A clean and OK read.
S Hromas
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So-so

The story seemed to drag at times since one of the main characters was sick so there was not a lot of action to be had.
Tom Prejsner
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
LaDonna Holloman
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this 1st in a series about several orphaned clergy daughters. Can’t wait to see what happens with the rest of the girls.
Wendy Sparkes
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
#3 Glass Slipper Brides

The Earl has made a vow to his dying friend. The governess of his son has made a vow to his late wife on her deathbed. Their vows seem to run contrary to each other – how can they both fulfil the vows they have made?

Both struggle with feelings of failure and unworthiness.

Both have formed strong, unfavourable opinions of the other, and are now feeling disconcerted as their former opinions are revised.

Both are concerned about the romantic feelings they should not be feeling
Chelsea
For my full, non-spoiler review: https://christianlovingbooks.blogspot...
Michelle
Apr 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Deborah Hale is one of my most reliable historical romance authors - she regularly delivers a great story and good characters (I love her heroes). The Earl's Honorable Intentions is a nice little read, and if you are not generally of the audience who reads from the "Love Inspired" category I would also say that nuances in the novel that put it in that category are not intrusive at all. (I am not a regular Love Inspired reader, but will follow Deborah Hale pretty much wherever she goes).

This boo
shay
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
I have been having such a hard time wanting to finish this book, I don't think I can. The main issue I have is that there is more reading of their internal thought dialog than actual dialog between the two characters. It gets so tiresome to read repetitive debating about the other character's intentions, their constant uncertainty about their feelings towards the other person, etc, etc. It was just too much rambling. Very little action and way too little actual dialog. At one point I started ski ...more
Tamra LeValley
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: winner-books
Hannah is the nanny to 3 wonderful children whose mother has recently passed away. As she is sitting in the pew during the funeral the deceases husband, Gavin, finally arrives but according to Hannah he is too late. As Hannah holds resentments at Gavin's absence during his wife's illness and his incisive need to go back to war immediately, Gavin is holding his own resentments against himself for allowing Bonaparte's war that killed his best friend. He will do anything to get Bonaparte and have h ...more
Amy
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I like stories about the aristocracy. I just do. So I was looking forward to this one, even though it has one of my pet peeve cliches: Using the kids to get the couple together. Luckily, there were a few other things going on here.
The back cover description unfortunately SPOILS something that doesn't happen until 200 pages into the book. Sometimes I think whoever writes the back/titles the book/approves the cover art on these paperback romances only reads like an outline or something. Read the
Gail
I liked this story. The heroine is a governess whose countess employer has just died. The hero barely makes it home from the war in time for the funeral, staggering drunk, apparently. Until he collapses from a wound immediately afterward. Determined to keep him home to become a father to his children-- infant twins and a son of 5 or 6-- the heroine takes on the task of nursing him back to health. The story has enough conflict and angst to support it without going all floppy and dull. The charact ...more
Lynsay
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was a great read. Loved it. I was a little iffy about it after reading the first few pages, but it turned out good. There was one thing that I expected to read earlier than when it actually did happen. Overall though, it's great.
Kim
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
I gave this 5 stars because Deborah Hale made me fall in love with her story and characters even though I'm not the biggest fan of inspirational books. I usually find them dull and slow but not with her writing.
Strawberry
Apr 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Fairly bland. If this was the first Deborah Hale book I had ever read, I won't read her again. The Baron's Governess Bride was a little better. I'm going to try one more before I decide whether to drop her.
June
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was great. The story line was amazing and we are getting to know the characters of the Glass Slipper series a little more with each book. Interesting to see how this story played out.
Janis Kay
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian-fic
Not my cup of tea. The plot and characters didn't grasp me:( Hope the next one doesn't follow suit...
Harlequin Books
"This third addition to Hale's Glass Slipper Brides series is a fine look at the times." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Glass Slipper Brides
Category: Inspirational Romance
Susannah Carleton
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A heart-warming story of two people trying to honor vows made to the dying, as well as overcoming their deepest fears.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 21, 2014 11:06AM

• The Rivals of Rosennor Hall (Entangled Inheritance #3)
  • His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)
  • His Bluestocking Bride  (Branches of Love #3)
  • A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • My Brother's Bride (Serendipity Book 2)
  • The Governess (Ladies of Miss Bell's Finishing School #1)
  • Courting the Vicar's Daughter  (Branches of Love, #6)
  • Spinster and Spice (The Spinster Chronicles, #3)
  • The Social Tutor (Branches of Love #1)
  • Mistaken Identity (Regency House Party: Somerstone #3)
  • God Rest Ye Merry Spinster (The Spinster Chronicles, Book 5)
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)
  • The Shameless Flirt (Regency Love #3)
  • Miss Devon's Choice (Branches of Love #5)
  • The Gentleman Physician (Branches of Love #2)
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • The Merry Lives of Spinsters (The Spinster Chronicles, #1)
  • The Spinster and I (The Spinster Chronicles, #2)

The Glass Slipper Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Nobleman's Governess Bride (The Glass Slipper Chronicles, #1)
  • The Duke's Marriage Mission (Glass Slipper Brides, #4)
  • The Gentleman's Bride Search (The Glass Slipper Chronicles, #4)

News & Interviews