Start by marking “Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)” as Want to Read:
Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)

Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  247 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Keeping Watch
Published June 4th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Star Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Star Protector

Paula
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book six and the conclusion of the Love Inspired Suspense series "Texas K-9 Unit". Dog trainer Kaitlin is almost kidnapped while working with newest trainee to the K-9 Unit, Warrior. Captain Slade McNeal comes to her rescue after hearing Warrior barking. Slade cares for Kaitlin and he determines once and for all to put an end to the crime spree that has been running rampant in Sagebrush, Texas, for the past six months.

This was an enjoyable conclusion to the series. The Boss of the crime syndicat
Kathy Eberly
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have long been a fan of Lenora Worth and read most of her contemporary romances, but I confess that I had not read her suspense romances until now. I was intrigued by a law enforcement story line, particularly a canine story line and I was not disappointed. Having not read the other books in the series, I focused on this particular story. I thought the accuracy of a law enforcement officer's life as well as the trainer was good and I truly enjoyed the action in this book. Having not seen the o ...more
Shirlene
Kaitlin Mathers was out late training her new K-9 recruit, Warri0r, when she felt a gun sticking into her rib cage. The barking dog caught the attention of the K-9 police captain, Slade McNeal. With him coming to her aid, she managed to get loose and wasn't kidnapped. The guy got away with the car door being hit. Kaitlin was frightened though and when Slade got close enough, Kaitlin grabbed him and held on tight. Her took him to stay with him, his son, Caleb and his father for the night.
Slade h
Lisa Johnson
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Series #6)
Author: Lenora Worth
Website: http://www.lenoraworth.com/
Pages: 224
Year: 2013
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
My Rating: 5 stars
This story is the conclusion of the K-9 series that reminds us of the consequences of redemption and retribution played out by two main characters. Throughout the whole series the overarching mystery has revolved around a man who cannot easily be identified, but is known throughout the crime syndicate as “The Boss.” He has
Charles
First Reads Review - Lone Star Protector by Lenora Worth

I should have paid more attention when signing up for this book, because I hadn't realized this was the sixth book in a series. Having not read the earlier books in this series, I was a bit lost, but it turned out to be pretty standard. The action was okay, and the romance was decent, but it just lacked a bit of complexity, a bit of steam. Not bad, but probably not something I would have signed up for if I had known more about it. It was ju
Diane Burke
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspense in spades

This book started out with action and it never stopped. One exciting page after the other. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Although its sometimes hard to believe people can fall in love amidst chaos and danger, this author made it believable and touching.
michelle
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good book and read in 2 days!

I love the dogs k9 unit how they fit good into the story... Great suspense and romance and kept you turning pages too see how it plays out ! Well done Lenora worth! This was a good suspense book...
Wendy Sparkes
Since K-9 Rio has been stolen, there have been a few distant sightings of him with someone all in black walking in the Lost Woods. Rumour has it that something of value has been lost in the woods & they need the skills of Rio to find it for them.

Only they don't know the commands to use to put Rio to work.

Obviously, the trainers at the K-9 Unit do, & Kaitlin Mathers is the perfect person for them to kidnap & get her to give the correct commands.

Except that they have to get past Warrio
Cathy Beckett
I just finished reading this Christian suspense series and really enjoyed it. I gave most of the books in the series 3.5 out of 5 stars.
This book was the final book in the series and it tied up all the loose ends. I really enjoyed it.
Kaitlin Mathers, dog trainer for the Sagebrush Police Department, has become a target for the Ski Mask Man aka The Boss. He wants to make her find something that his former partners have stashed in the Lost Woods. Slade McNeal, the captain of the Sagebrush K-9 unit,
Lyre
So I have heard many compliments about Lenora Worth. When it comes to defining goodreads I typically take the stance of "I know it when I see it", so It was not until I finished Lone Star Protector that I found it really worthy of the reputation. Given what is going on at last book, we already knew who might be the boss -- greatly reducing mystique and interestingness. But Ms. Worth twisted these disadvantages by her flexible structure and rhetorical logic with elegant in choice of words and sen ...more
Janis Kay
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
4.5-5 stars. A smashing end to this mystery-suspense! Just when you think you've seen it all with this bad guy... BAM!

I can honestly say I originally wasn't sold on Slade when I originally saw the description way back when I bought this, but I found that he and Kaitlin are a really nice match and Caleb was the icing on the cake lol. I really loved all the attention paid the dogs haha as I'm a cat person and this'll probably be the closest relationship I have with any for an extended period of t
Pattianne
Jan 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
#6

Keeping Watch
When dog trainer Kaitlin Mathers is attacked, Texas K-9 Unit captain Slade McNeal is determined to keep her—and what's left of his family—safe from harm. But soon Slade realizes nothing's safe, including his dogs, his son or the beautiful woman who's opening his heart. When Slade realizes the enemy might be closer than he ever dreamed possible, he vows to see justice served. But can he save Kaitlin before it's too late to tell her he loves her?
Michelle
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book in the series. It was so full of action, romance, and suspense that I just couldn't stop reading it!!! I absolutely loved the way Slade and Kaitlin came together in both love and solving the final parts of the mystery. Though I figured out who the bad guy was about half-way through the series, it was still cool to read, and this was a really good bad-guy!!!
John Hanscom
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good exciting story, and well written. It was a shame the previous writer in this series was so inept I already knew the "who," but this author did a great job on "how." The only reason it did not get a higher rating was that the issue of what would happen to the criminal's family was raised and not resolved.
Jeanie
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Excellent wrap-up to this series! Love the K-9's! Great as a stand-alone or with the series. The stakes are much higher now for Captain McNeal; the Boss is acting in a manner even more personal than before - his son, his father, and the K9 trainer that he just might have an interest in. Great spiritual theme and demonstration of how the Lord would have us prioritize.
Harlequin Books
"Worth's installment in the Texas K-9 Unit miniseries nicely ties up a lot of loose ends and finally reveals the identity of the Boss. The characters remind the reader that retribution is not for us to seek - but redemption is." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Texas K-9 Unit
Category: Inspirational Romance
Jill
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Inspired Suspense Texas K-9 Unit series Dog trainer Kaitlin and Unit Captain Slade McNeal dogs Rio and Warrior. The Unit is still looking for "The Boss"

I believe this is # 6 in the series.
Dawn ♥ romance
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was okay. I liked the K-9 police dog aspect but the story didn't feel real. More talk about getting the bad guy then actually doing so and characters ruminated a lot. Someone is trying to kidnap dog trainer Kaitlin and captain Slade comes to her rescue.
Lisa
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This last installment of the Texas K 9 Unit series was a great story. The continuation was perfect as was the sweetness of the love of Kaitlyn and Spade. I have to say I had "the boss" figured out a few books back, but this has to be my favorite book in the series.
Pamela
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-read-2013
Because I am a Texan I could easily envision the locale, the people, and the scenery. And I am also a sucker for healing the broken heart of a romance that did not work out. Heart and Head sometimes take awhile to get onboard together to go on with life.
Sara
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great conclusion to a wonderful series.
Marg
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x2013
great series
Mary Beth
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great ending to the series and a good lesson about keeping your eyes on God and going forward, not letting the past dictate who you are now.
Charline Bonham
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Last in the series of Texas K-9 Unit. Ties it up very nicely.
Andrew Service
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Series

Storylines is amazing good. The writing imagine of character development been good results. I'm thinking series of books good reading.
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked it. An interesting look at how a K-9 unit works and the people that use the dogs to solve crimes. Kaitlin and Slade had to learn to trust each other and the dogs they use.
Nina
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
great story, loved the action and suspense. This is the last in the series Texas K9 Unit.
Doris Ware
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good series. I read it on my kindle.
Bernie
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lone Star Protector review

Lone Star Protector is the sixth great romantic suspense book in the Texas K-9 Unit series written by author Lenora Worth.
Cathy Daniel
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book in the series! It was so intense and creepy! I loved it! Loved how it all came together and I am sad to say goodbye to these characters. Great series!
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Stolen Identity
  • Christmas Cover-Up (Family Reunions, #2)
  • Final Resort (Treasure Seekers #3)
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Ricochet
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)
  • The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay, #3)
  • Plain Pursuit
Lenora Worth has written 75 books for three different publishers. She reached a milestone when she received her 50th book pin from Harlequin. Her books have won both regional and national awards and she now has millions of books in print and is a NY Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author. Currently she is writing both Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense and Tule Publishing. ...more
More about Lenora Worth...

Texas K-9 Unit (6 books)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)