Start by marking “Reign of the Night Creatures (The Everafter Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reign of the Night Creatures (The Everafter Chronicles, #1)

Reign of the Night Creatures (The Everafter Chronicles, #1)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Amazing things are about to happen...

The lives of James, Charlotte, young Susan and their dog Clovensport are about to change forever. After investigating a mysterious sun dog that appears in their living room, they are inexplicably transported to the mystical land of Everafter. A host of mythological creatures makes their days long and their nights dangerous as they are e
Published June 4th 2013 by Tate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reign of the Night Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reign of the Night Creatures

Georgia Beyers
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children 8-12
Recommended to Georgia by: Casey Sean Harmon
I loved this book, and loved Casey Sean Harmon's old fashioned style of writing. Took me back to my Enid Blyton days, when children's literature was pretty light hearted and there was a strong moral theme running through most. I enjoyed the plot, the characters were endearing, and the varied array of creatures living in Everafter kept the imagination flowing.

For storyline, plot content, character build and flow I would actually have rated this 5 star but I dropped it to 4 as a couple of things
Jenny Kile
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! A great story is one of the best gifts to give to a child. After reading The Everafter Chronicles by Casey Sean Harmon I was excited to give Casey’s adventurous book as a gift to my daughter. Filled with heartwarming action and suspense, the tale engages readers and takes them into a world where (as Casey signed in our book), ‘all things are possible!’

My daughter enjoyed learning about the many different creatures in Everafter. It kept her interest and we are both looking forward to m
Melissa Steele
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Upon starting this book I found it to be a magical adventure of bravery, intelligence and team work. The characters are life like and seem to come out of the pages. The story is very well written and imaginative. The Land of Everafter Draws you in and doesn't want to let you go. In My opinion 'Reign of the Night Creatures' is a must read for all young readers.

Melissa Steele
E.P. Marcellin
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-books
Reign of the Night Creatures is an action-packed modern story in the brilliant tradition of the Chronicles of Narnia. James and his sisters are kept on their toes in the imaginative world of Everafter, where the battle of light versus dark rages. Who knows what darkness's next move will be?
Amy Girard
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A must read for all ages! The fast paced adventure and interactions between the children and the creatures they encounter keep you engaged in their adventure and turning the pages at record speed. Buy a copy for a child, but get one for yourself as well! You wont be disappointed!
Heather Garcia
Jan 30, 2013 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Heather by: Casey Harmon
this book was awesome because it is adventurous I recommend it to anyone who likes cliff hangers and adventures!!!!! i cant wait till i can share it with my friends and family. Looking forward t the next book in the series.
Jane Uhlig
Jan 26, 2013 marked it as to-read
Reign of the Night Creatures is a carefully and well written adventure packed story in which you will be captivated by the authors creativity and imagination. It draws you in and keeps you wanting for more. I highly recommend it for all ages! Brilliant! Exciting!
Erin Calderon
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved every minute of this book! It was fun, entertaining and light-hearted. The kids were so easy to relate to and well developed through out the book. I was hooked from the first chapter, now I can't wait to see what adventure the next book brings!! Well written and great for kids!
Alison
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fast-paced, fun adventure for young children. Would make a great bedtime story.
Richard
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
In full disclosure I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

This was a quick and simple story. It reminded me somewhat of traditional books that I read when I was younger such as the Chronicles of Narnia or Peter Pan, where a group of brothers and sisters are whisked of to a magical land and have an adventure.

There were a few points that were unbelievable, unrealistic, inconsistent or where logic seemed to go out of the window, but for the most part I think these were only noticeable as an adult
Linda
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-magic
I enjoyed the story and thought it moved along great, but I do have to agree with others on some of things that were a little off about the book. I do think most kids won't notice and will find the story fun and engaging. I don't think this is a story for YA, but more along the younger to middle school ages. Definitely something my 6 year olds will like so I will be reading it to them.

I like what the book does convey:

1) In many homes, both parents do work and kids feel that loss when the parent
Brandon Holloway
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Casey's book is one of those type of distractions that keep your mind focused. I started reading it the other day during lunch. I found myself running late for work due to my interest in the book. I took the book with me to my car, and placed it in the passenger seat. Issue was I was at a very intriguing part and couldn't wait to pick it back up. So.... I picked it back up on my drive to work. Needless to say it wasn't a good idea. I nearly rear ended a car at a red light! Casey, your books are ...more
Ravenz Reviews
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book! It’s one of those YA books that will suck in people of all ages. The main characters are siblings and the way that they look out for and take care of each other is a wonderful story to tell. Their adventures and all the creatures they meet are very well described. I was watching it all play out in my head like a movie! The author is descriptive without being overbearing and still keeps it simple enough for a younger audience. My only request is that he hurries up an ...more
Joy Whiteside
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A perfect story for my 3 children.

I found that this book ranks right up there with classic C. S. Lewis books. The story rolled out quite nicely and kept this reader enchanted for a few hours.

The story of a different world has been done before but rarely with as much imagination as this. A few different twists and turns keep you guessing what’s going to happen next. A perfect blend of a story about growing up and a fantastical setting make this book well worth the read.

The fact that he left it w
Kelly Erickson
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Everafter Chronicles: Reign of the Night Creatures, by Casey Sean Harmon is a wonderful tale of a magical land and three siblings who end up there in the middle of the fight between the dark and the light. It is a very uplifting story as they face their fears and use their unique strengths to . . . (oops! Almost spoiled the ending!) There are Pirates, a Griffin, Phoenixes, and the family dog. Or not?

If your children ever liked the Magic Tree House books as young kids, they will love this bo
J.A.
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Reign of the Night Creatures (Everafter Chronicles) is a rare treat for your inner child! This story will suck you right in with its twists and turns. It's a great family read that you'll enjoy as much as your children will!

This story has a well developed plot, and action with every turn of the page. Easy to read, great characters and well written! This is a must read. Grab your copy, snuggle up with your kids, and hold on as you travel through this fantastic adventure.

I can't wait for the n
Kerry Erickson
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Andrew Nye
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Casey, does a great job starting with a catalyst and continuing the build up. Though under the kids category, this book was a very exciting trip through a wonderful imagination.

I eagerly anticipate the next in series and will be sure to tell my local bookstores to display this book.

It should be on the Summer SOAR reading lists.
Jamie
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book! I can't wait for the next one. Both of our children will read this book this year as part of our Homeschool literature course. A great addition to many classics.
Caleb Danielson
Ryan Hills
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This a great book that kept me glued to it every time I picked it up. I really look forward to the rest of the series!!!
Rachel Danielson
Jamie Myers
Dec 27, 2012
Ashley Torbeck
Jan 26, 2013
Casey Harmon
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: published-books
Pre-order now-26 January! 1 5 Jan 19, 2013 02:26PM
  • The Other Side of Gold
  • One Bright Ring
  • The Midnight Mouse
  • The Waxing Moon (Bariwon, #2)
  • I'm Squirrely! (The Nut Family, #1)
  • We're Different It Is True
  • Bot Wars (Bot Wars, #1)
  • Discovery (Altera Realm Book one)
  • Minno
  • Kevin and the Three-Headed Alien (Kevin's Books, #2)
  • Escape from the Pipe Men!
  • The Giant Bowl Of Chocolate
  • Legacy of Krazatan: Book I: A Hero's Birth
  • The Ritual (Theft and Sorcery, #1)
  • Bo Bo and Cha Cha's Big Day Out
  • Priestess of the Eggstone
  • If Horses Had Feathers and Pigs Could Fly
  • Frog & Friends
I am a bestselling and award-winning author, and a U.S. Army SGT (Retired). I have studied with the Jerry B. Jenkins Christian Writer's Guild, and hold a degree through American Military University. My books are on a vast number of topics, simply because I'm interested in so many things! I live with my wife and son in Florida.
More about Casey Sean Harmon

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“Clovensport, half German shepherd, half who-knows-what, was standing on hind legs before them.” 1 likes