Start by marking “Reading Amplified” as Want to Read:
Reading Amplified

Reading Amplified

A teaching resource that shows, as well as tells, how technology can engage students and enhance understanding of texts.
ebook
Published 2012 by Stenhouse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reading Amplified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reading Amplified

Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
With a clear, friendly voice, this book shows how to incorporate the latest research and ideas in literacy into the classroom. Lee Ann Spillane shows how technology tools can help us reach our goals for students in ways that improve student learning, without just using technology to say you use technology.

Full of specifics on how to take the ideas from the page to the classroom, READING AMPLIFIED is offers a lot to consider and begins a thoughtful discussion of what English classrooms look like
Lee Corey
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: professional
Excellent book on using technology to enhance reading instruction. The online format has a couple of limitations, but the clear tutorials for the different tech tools give this book an advantage over normal e-books. I appreciate the examples from a wide range of English classes - regular, honors and AP. The videos make it much easier to imagine and plan how this instruction might look in my own classroom. Between the teaching ideas and the tech tools, there's a plethora of choices for trying out ...more
Melissa
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book. In every chapter, I was able to take away practical ideas on how I can incorporate technology in the classroom in a meaningful way. I highly recommend this book to teachers!
Kevin Hodgson
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a valuable resource for the teaching of reading in the digital age -- with plenty of classroom anecdotes as well as samples of work, and video reflections to help explain the rationale behind the strategies. Spillane is knowledgeable, and insightful, and welcoming in her presence.
Mrs. Cubby Culbertson
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a treasure chest of teaching ideas and the tech tools, so many choices and ideas for inspiring and exciting student learning as well as advancing teachers' skills. But not just lists of applications and resources, there are screencasts and video explanations of "how to" as well as friendly, warm, personal explanations of ideas and technical application. I was wary of the e-format for a professional book. But there is so much great stuff packed into this e-tome!
Sara
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a book that SHOWS us practice in action. Lee Ann is an inspiring teacher who clearly understands both our "roots" as English teachers and the directions that our learners need to head in order to grow as readers and writers in a digital age. I am a better teacher because of this book.
Sarah Gross