Start by marking “Haunted (The Beast Within #2)” as Want to Read:
Haunted (The Beast Within #2)

Haunted

(The Beast Within #2)

Karina has now discovered her abilities, but this only puts her in further danger. With a 600 year old lycanthrope thirsting for her blood, Ian must summon the help of his brother Ronan. The keeper of the Spear of Victory, a treasure sacred to the Tuatha De Danann.
Can the two Guardians protect Karina, or will her secret ultimately bring destruction upon them all?
Published December 22nd 2012 by Melissa Crowe

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted

Start your review of Haunted (The Beast Within #2)
S.D.
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I received a complementary copy of this series in exchange for an honest review."

Now that I have a much better understanding of the characters and what their purpose was in the series it was much easier to become sucked into the story. At this point I still hadn’t decided if I really liked Ian and was a little perturbed with him always wanting Karina to want him and love him. However after Ian showed his feels for her through a dream I got lost in Ian’s forbidden love for Karina. Karina now com
Shay
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Haunted by Melissa Crowe and it was a very quick read. I really liked it.
This story starts off on year later after Karina finds out she is a Tuatha De Danann (Fairy) and vanquishing Xavier a lycanthrope (werewolf). Also find out Ian is a guardian sent to protect her. She is now having dreams, very erotic dreams. She doesn't understand why she is having them and Ian being a guardian is trying to be understand yet is very defensive because it is about another man. This adds
Joni
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
enticing, intriguing and captivating....
Karina and Ian's journey continues, and since the first book things have taken a dramatic change...
Karina has discovered out regarding her history, (I will not give any spoilers) and has found also she has an ally, one she did not ever thought existed, was purely her Guardian at her side.
She has to face more demons in this follow on from the first series, and as previously, the author, Melissa, has wrote this with such passion and feeling, the reader is im
Crystal Marie
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading The Beast Within, I had an idea of what to expect with this book. I did enjoy this part of the story more than book 1 and I think it’s because there is more happening in this story. We also get to learn more about Karina’s past and her family history. So it was very interesting to learn about that part of the story.

There is a really good balance between all the aspects of this book. The drama and suspense went together quite well. It was easy to follow along with what was happenin
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
Haunted is the follow up novella to The Beast Within. Karina has now accepted who she is and is learning to deal with her faerie powers. Her relationship with her boyfriend and Guardian Ian is getting back on track. Things seem to be going relatively well until a 600 year old lycanthrope comes knocking.

I have liked Karina since meeting her for the first time in The Beast Within. My opinion of Ian has skyrocketed since the last story and I have to admit I am starting to harbor a bit of a book cru
Desirae (Dee)
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really love these novellas. I love that they are standard shorter novellas, yet still suck you in and get your so stuck in the story. You are practically watching a movie inside your head. It's so developed and elaborate you can picture it all. The fights. The dreams *wink wink*. The men !! The feelings. A year has passed and Karina is dealing with the hand she was dealt with Ian by her side. It seems like every day these two have a battle at their feet in some way. Their love should be their ...more
Stacy
Sep 29, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars liked it but still didn't hit the love factor for me.

This is the second novella in the series and it was better than the first but still had some things that bothered me. It was a little slow going at the beginning but then it got better and I liked the story. It showed Karina being stronger which I liked and a little more descriptive detail which I think adds to the story and characters. I like when I feel like I am getting to know the characters and with this novella I did. It still
Breezy *Lover of all things Alpha Male*
Claire
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r, ebooks, fantasy
Toni
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Haunted was an AWESOME follow up to The Beast Within! It is fast paced and action packed.. We learn more about Karina's powers, as well as some history ! A new character is introduced and I would really like to see more of!

Karina is having steamy dreams of another man, that is happing a lot and doesn't know why! Leaving Ian hurt and mad. Mean while Ella is in love with the perfect man or so she thinks! Karina knows something is off with Antonio, but lets it go, instead of following her gut! By
K.A. Last
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
Haunted begins about a year after The Beast Within, and it’s hard to review this novella without giving away plot spoilers for the first book.

I will say that the pace is again fast, and we’re introduced to some new characters, but I felt the plot was somewhat predictable. It seemed to be a case of the same thing happening but with a few different people. Still, I enjoyed it and it had the same charm as the first book.

I really liked Ronan and thought he was very interesting, and I’m wondering wha
Victoria Rainey
Shelves: romancebookworm
Haunted is the second book in The Beast Within series by Melissa Crowe. Wow! This book is even better than the first. I am officially hooked! This book is part of a series and is best read as part of the series and not as a standalone novel.

Karina is growing and learning her role now that she knows who she is and who Ian is. She is getting stronger and more confident. She is having steamy sex dreams with another man and it’s driving Ian crazy!

Karina’s best friend meets the man of her dreams or
Anna-marie
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this for Hooked On Books

I hadn’t read #1 of this series, so was unfamiliar with the back story. Luckily Mellissa told the story so well & explained things further in this book. That it didn’t matter.
Karina is Royalty in the Fairie Kingdon. She is one of the remaiming Tuatha De Danann. She is in grave danger from any Lycanthrope, as they need to kill her to lift their curse.
Adba
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Prior to my signing on to the tour, I was a bit hesitant about how I’d like the books. However, they turned out to be exceptionally well written and entertaining. There were times in the second book, Haunted, where I found myself re-reading a few pages again to grasp the events that were actually occurring. Sometimes the Haunted, especially was a little too busy for me.
However, Journey honestly redeemed some of the confusion I was left with from the Haunted. My favorite book out of the series wa
Hooked On Books
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

Along side Karina is her beloved Guardian Ian. Together with Ian’s Brother Ronan (another Guardian) they have to defeat the latest Lycan that is try
Rebecca Edwards
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novella picks up where the first one left ends. Karina and Ian are together. Now she's having erotic dreams about someone who's face she can't see but knows is not Ian. This starts to cause a rift between them.

Karina has to face a new evil in this one. Once she and Ian discover the new danger is causing her dreams Ian calls someone for help. While worrying about what could happen to their relationship Karina is also trying to be supportive and happy for Ella.

It took me a few pages to get in
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance lovers
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Luscious Laylah
I received an e-ARC copy of this book for a blog tour in return for an honest review!!! I was totally drawn in and entertained from beginning to end. It's a very fast paced story and very well written. This author has a knack for luring in her audience and binding us to the story and begging to read more. I would most definitely recommend this book to others to read!! ...more
Joy Whiteside
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, although I did have a hard time getting into it at first, but after the first few pages, then I was hooked.

It moved along at a good pace after the slow start, had interesting characters and an extremely interesting story.

Melissa Crowe is an awesome author and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.

Awesome
A. Gorman
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Must read my review from #1... Cont.

In the Haunted, Ian and Karina's relationship is threatened even more by crazy dreams and Ian's brother, who can't let Ian and Karina's relationship remain a secret. Ella's new boyfriend, Antonio, ends up not being such a nice guy after all.

I honestly wanted to slap Ian's brother. ERRRR
Brittany *** A Beautiful Book Obsession**
I read this Novella for our Blog Island Lovelies Book Club but we did a tour for the first 3 novellas and I wrote one review for the three as a whole.

Check out my review under Novella 3: Journey.

I gave the series as a whole 4.5 Stars, and individually would give each Novella 4.5 stars! Great series!!
Myra Espino
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it

Haunted, brought the story to the next level.
Just like the first book, the story of Karina and Ian brought the story to be more in spice and exciting, with all the new lycan and the issue between the relationship of Karina and Ian. The way the story is ended is also great, so not disappointing. Can't wait for more!

~Ms. ME28
Laylah Jade
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
great follow up to The Beast Within, i'm looking forward to reading more in this series as it was such a massive cliffhanger at the end ...more
Ariella
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-review
I love this book. I love the characters. I'm giving this book 5 stars. ...more
İlkim
That was better than the first one but still there were pieces I don't like. This time the enemy was stronger and even it was too easy to guess they couldn't find it at first. He kidnapped Karina and almost killed her. With helps of Ian and his brother Ronan, they won this battle. But after everything this time Karina has bigger problem: Ian can die. Because Ian is protector, he couldn't get involve romantically with a Tuatha. But he's in love with her and Ronan doesn't approve it. He'll report ...more
Jonathan Forster
Sue Crowe
Dec 23, 2012
Wanda
Oct 31, 2013
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {116} Haunted the Beast Within COMPLETED 23 95 May 09, 2013 02:10PM
I started writing in 2009 and have not looked back. I have many stories in various stages of completion. After receiving too many knock backs to count from agents and publishers, I was ready to give up writing. That was until a friend gave me Switched by Amanda Hocking and said to me "If she can self publish, then why can't you?" So here I am, diving head first into self publishing and not regrett ...more

The Beast Within (4 books)
  • The Beast Within (The Beast Within #1)
  • Journey (The Beast Within #3)
  • Sacrifice (The Beast Within #4)