Start by marking “Christmas in the Kitchen (Psy-Changeling, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Christmas in the Kitchen

Nalini Singh

Christmas in the Kitchen

(Psy-Changeling #7.5)

This story slots in before Bonds of Justice and features several members of the DarkRiver leopard pack, including two sentinels (the most senior members of the pack aside from the alpha).

*Found in Nalini Singh's 12/21/12 newsletter.
Unbound, Free Short Story, 5 pages
Published December 21st 2012 by Nalini Singh

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in the Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in the Kitchen

Choko
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 4 ***

Adorable and playful short story with some of the cutest kids, changelings and a Psy EVER! A very pleasant addition to a wonderful series!
Sophia Triad
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everyone wants to eat Ashaya's cookies and cupcakes!
Super cute free short story.
Steven
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Meh, just okay. Nice to see glimpses into their normal lives though.
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
Reading a Nalini Singh short story is like having a little ray of sunshine come in through the window and tickle your skin. Her series of informal shorts depicting the everyday, turmoil-free lives of her characters never fails to give me fuzzy feelings and big smiles.

In the case of Christmas in the Kitchen it was especially nice seeing Dorian and Clay
, two DarkRiver sentinels with pasts full of shadows and how’d been in so much pain for a long time, enjoying their HEAs and being playful and teas
Ami
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ami by: Edna
This story was just adorable. I smiled widely when I read the first two paragraphs:

...
Dorian was a highly trained architect with a magical ability on computers, and a license to fly. He was also a sniper who could shoot with cold-blooded accuracy, had a former Psy assassin as his sparring partner, and had been called an overachiever by more than one person.

None of those people had ever seen him trying to deal with the plumbing.

...

There was people coming to eat Ashaya's cupcakes and cakes. The yo
Blodeuedd Finland
So this was one of those the narrator did not work.
She sounded like a robot. She talked too fast. My ears did NOT like it
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
Awwwwwwww.......

Every time Dorian refers to Keenan as his son I get all mushy.

The Psy-Changeling shorts are really worth reading, they are little snippets into the lives of the characters that we know and love and they are so cute and as usual really well written. This one is one of my favourites because we get to see how lots of people are doing.

And biggest plus of all? They are free on Nalini Singh's website!!
I absolutely loved this short story starting Dorian, Shaya and Keenan along with Clay, Tally, Noor, Jon & Kit. It's a perfect little slice of family life and we get to see how close the families are and enjoy watching them spend an afternoon together doing normal family things like baking cakes for a Christmas party.

The kids are all adorably sweet and I love seeing how happy everyone is. I don't think this could have been more perfect (unless it had been longer - I could have read a whole bo
Kathleen
A free shirt story set during the winter holidays, baking Christmas cookies. No plot, just a heartwarming vignette featuring Dorian, Ashaya, little K-Man Keenan, and their friends. A gift from Singh to her fans as a free e-read and Audible recording. The text should be posted on her website.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4.5/5; 4 stars; A

Really just a vignette....like looking in the window and watching some friends and family have a moment of everyday life. Sweet.
I enjoy seeing glimpses of 'normal' for the characters in this series.
The audiobook was a free snippet, only about 20 minutes long. Fun.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
Audio edit: I love the print version of this slice of life story, and the narrator did good male voices when they were speaking, but when narrating the non speaking parts, it was flat.

A very short story on the author's website. I cracked right the heck up. So cute and so hilarious.
Glamdring
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun & cute!
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Right. In. The. Feels.
Darcy
This short showcases what this series is about. I liked the bit with the families and with the competitive nature of the changelings.
Erin
I realize that this had been in 'currently reading' since 2015. That made me lol. I wasn't actually reading it that entire time, I just set it as my currently reading to remind myself that it was the next in the series. And actually I think I had opened it to read and then got called away to do something and never came back to it. When Nalini Singh released the Short Stories Volume 1, I added that to my phone and as I forgot my ereader this morning, I decided to continue along with that.

Obviousl
Sophia
A fun follow-up vignette with Dorian, Keenan, and Ashayla enjoying family time in their kitchen baking for Christmas with visits from others in the pack. It was a sweet and fun family moment in the midst of all the excitement in the psy-changling world.

This one fits in right after Blaze of Memory.

I experienced it in audio format (the audio is free) and I enjoyed Angela Dawe's narration work doing all the voices and keeping the whimsical tone of the story.
JW
Nov 09, 2018 added it
Dorian and Clay have a bake off. Cute glimpse into Dorian’s and Clay’s families and new lives.

Free: https://nalinisingh.com/extras/psycha...
Paraphrodite
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2018
4 stars. Too short! But such a cute Christmas snippet!
Iza
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr

"This story slots in before "Bonds of justice" and is part of my informal series that explores the everyday lives of the characters, away from politics and turmoil and tension. These are the stories of the hidden moments, glimpses through the window of their continuing lives.
I love writing these, and I hope you continue to enjoy reading them. (This particular story ended up being a bit longer than my usual shorts, but I didn’t want to split it into
Shera (Book Whispers)
***Sorry, I have hunted and hunted trying to find the link again! But I can’t!***

Dorian's and Clay's happy family get together. Along with kit and a few other friends. It's another great peek into the DarkRiver pack and some beloved characters. There's ahhhhhh moments and plenty of laughs. Oh and a bake off between some hot dominants already mentioned above. Thank you Singh for another wonderful freebie.

Sexual Content: Clean!

4/5- Great! Really enjoyed it.

Originally reviewed at Book Whispers.
Monique
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story was just too adorable. I loved every minute of it.

I loved seeing more of Dorian and Ashaya together, I loved seeing them as a family with Keenan and how Dorian has really become Keenan's father, I loved seeing Noor and Keenan together because they are so adorable and I desperately want a novella that skips ahead to when they are older and finally mate with one another, I loved seeing Clay and his family together, and I especially loved the reading about Pack in general and how much of
Amyiw
Very short glimpse into Dorian and Clay and their mates, set at Dorian's home. Kit also shows along with the kids. It was another freebee short. I like them but wish they were just in some of the books, like at the end. This actually was a freebee audible too, so very easy to get and listen to. In the end, it is so short that I didn't feel any substance and would've liked a lot more.
Edna
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I loooove these characters. It was fun to see some of my favorites, and even not so favorites, in this short story. Little glimpses of the young ones being so cute makes me antsy for their books (which they better get in the future!). This is definitely a must read for any avid Psy-C reader.
Patricia Lopes
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
A short story that starts with Shaya, Dorian & Keenan in the kitchen and ends up in an amazing afternoon with Kit, Clay, Tally, Noor & Jonquill, the males want to steal de picnic cookies and the sentinels end up in a bakery contest!
Mariana Bezerra
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novella was super sweet and we got to see more Dorian and Clay. I always miss those characthers after they get their happily ever after, but it's nice seeing their everyday life and how they are with the kids. Super cute christmas story.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
What a great Christmas treat x 2...both Dorian and Kit! and the baking contest was hilarious!
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
This short was all about getting some insight into everyday pack life. It ultimately ended up in a bake-off between two of the men.

Cute.
ShoSho
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, paranormal, x-2015
It's free on audible.
Marie  Low
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories, series
I like that Nalini Singh posts these bonus short stories for her readers on her website, for free. It's a very generous way of treating her fan-base and I think it shows how much she cares about her characters and the world she has created.

I like reading these stories when I'm not feeling ready to commit to a whole book. Today I was reading them to see if I was in the mood to dive back into this world, after a bit of a break from the series. I think I may be, soon!

On a side note, Nalini Singh
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add to series 4 159 Dec 24, 2012 07:36AM

• An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Curran Twitter, The Wilson Building (Kate Daniels #5.7)
  • Attack of the Killer Dust Bunnies (With or Without, #3.2)
  • Caged
  • Hunter's Season (Elder Races, #4.7)
  • BloodSworn
  • A Pride Christmas in Brooklyn (Pride, #1.1)
  • The Hook (Iron Seas, #0.6)
  • Poison (Elemental Assassin, #0.1)
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica #5.7)
  • An Apple for the Creature
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)