Start by marking “Never Forget (Memories, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Forget (Memories, #1)

Never Forget (Memories #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  4,656 Ratings  ·  288 Reviews
A city girl.
A small town boy.
A summer they'll never forget.

Spending the summer at her Grammy's in Lilac Bay, Devon, is city girl Alexis 'Lexy' Edwards idea of hell. That is, until she reconnects with her childhood friend, Jen, and meets Alec Johnson.
Published February 22nd 2013 by Emma Hart (first published February 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Never Forget, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Forget

Emma Hart
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well.. It's my book, and Goodreads did ask ;)
Jacqueline
My fifteen year old self would have adored this sickly sweet story of first love. My old cynical self found it cheesy and saccharine.
Confusingly - for an old parent-aged person like me - Lexy's entire family seemed determined to pimp her out to the town's man-whore, throwing them together at every opportunity. What was that all about - she's only 17.
Probably a more suitable story for a younger reader but not for me I'm afraid.
Lynn
I believe that every book has an audience out there that will enjoy it and one that won't. My objective in this review is to help determine which group you would be in regarding this book so you know if it would be a good fit for you. This book was a miss for me.

This book was not for me and might not be for you if

1. You don't like boys who are players and like to play with girl's hearts. The hero, Alex, is this type of guy. He even kind of laughs with his best friend about how he has played arou
Dianne
Did you ever have a sudden awakening that life doesn’t revolve around you? Lexy had that moment in a most painful way and it all started the summer she went to the country with her family, determined that at almost eighteen, her life was over.

She is serious, not boy crazy and thinks she has her life on track to reach her goals, but Lexy learns that life can be full of surprises, both good and bad when her grandmother decides to play cupid with the town bad boy, devastatingly handsome Alec. No m
Lindsey
Amazon Freebie 11/1/13
Annemarie
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: free
FREE on amazon ;)
Tonya
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed the story. And it goes like this:

A city girl.
A small town boy.
A summer they'll never forget.

Alec is the kind of guy Lexy knows she needs to stay away from. He's the village flirt, ridiculously hot and very dangerous to her self control. But there's a problem – she can't seem to keep him
Belle
He's not perfect. I'm not perfect. But you know what?
That's okay, because I've realised that love is seeing other's imperfections, and loving them anyway.

Ahh this book, I honestly cannot stop this giddy feeling I have right now. I unexpectedly took a chance on this book and boy am I glad I did. In my state of depression today, this book did what all feel-good NA/YA books should do, make me forget my troubles and focus on the good things in life. This is a book about first loves, loyalty, the m
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Sweet First Love Stars

Alexis is a city girl from London, forced to spend a summer in the country, along the bay of her gram's home. Alec is a small town boy, a local surf hottie who spends his free time helping a very feisty old woman. Some would say fate brought Lexy and Alec together, but nope, it was strong will of a very wise old woman whose life
Lauren
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
What ever happened to guys actually wooing their ladies & getting to know them before declaring them to be their bada bing girls?

Im just so sick of insta love. Maybe if the characters explained why the fell madly in love with one look - but they never do! I miss books that have actual romance in them.

I liked the character of Bing. He was funny & obnoxious as hell. But his love & protectiveness of his kid sister was really endearing.... and I know Lexy felt the same way.

Grammy is hil
Rita
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-2-read-library
At first, I couldn't really relate to the characters. But toward the end it got better. Gram pretty much made the story. I will continue to the read the series. Hopefully it will get better.
Tangerine
Jul 03, 2014 rated it did not like it

This just wasn't that good. It was boring, extremely cheesy, and poorly written. Maybe a younger crowd will like it. Me? Not so much.
Alice
May 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
A huge clusterfuck. It's written poorly and is so boring.
The main characters are annoying a ruddy possible when in a book.
Absolutely hated it, I don't recommend.
Victoria Kennedy
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
A cute read about first loves, unexpected heartbreak and summer romance that doesn't have to just last the summer.

Lexy won't admit it to her parents, but she's glad to be back in Lilac Bay to spend the summer with grandmother. Little does Lexy know that a summer away from busy London is exactly what she needs. Reconnecting with her old friend Jen, she meets Alec Johnson, who just also happens to be helping her grandmother with work around the house. She's not going to deny that he's good looking
Rachel R. (My Book Empire)
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-boyfriends
“Every turning point in life has a significant moment that accompanies it. It changes relationships, feelings and perspectives, altering the way you see the world around you.”

When I read Never Forget, it took me back to my childhood and high school days. From Westlife to Good Girls Go Bad to Stuck on You by Stacie Orrico. I mean, seriously, Emma Hart is the coolest author ever! *claps*

Anyway I mentioned that because there's this line in Good Girls Go Bad where Leighton sings "Boy you're danger
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads

Never forget
By Emma Hart

Wow.. spending the summer with her Gram.. not a fun summer for Lexy! I think it was last place she wanted to be. It happens just like that what you "want" verses just what you " need". Lilac Bay might just be a small town, but it is where Lexy reconnected with herself. She smiles, she relaxes and she gets comfortable in her own skin.

Alec Johnson.. Yep you know the leading man is good. If I can just say his name and think.. Hmmmm, swoon.. and I see hearts floating.
Alec
Emma Harris
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favs
Ok I finished this book way too late last night so decided to save my review for today :) I received this book as part of the Always Remember Blog Tour as I hadn't read the previous book this being the first in the series.

I'm not going to list any spoilers as I find when I'm looking for books myself I like to read the book not knowing whats going to happen.

This book is set in Devon :) not so far away from where I live & I have visited the likes of Barnstaple, Illfracombe & Plymouth so I
Sharon Mariampillai
This was a great read. The story was simple and pure. It was a well-written love story about Lexy and Alec. The characters were well-written and well-developed. I had a blast reading about each of them. There was comedy, love, fear, and family in this story and I thought it was a great understanding of love.

My favourite character was Alec. He was described amazingly. I would call him the ultimate boyfriend if I could. He may be a man whore of sorts, but the true person was able to hold me captiv
Kim
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Never Forget by Emma Hart is a super sweet coming of age romance that will leave you smiling, hopeful and wishing you were 18 again....just for a little while.

I liked that the book flipped between Alexis (Lexy) and Alec's point of views. Being privy to Alec's point of view made him more endearing and I found myself cheering for him more than I would have otherwise.
Alexis (Lexy) is a great character. She is smart, beautiful, funny, vulnerable, feisty, stubborn, and sweet all rolled into one. What
Mira
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay Okay! Here it goes!
5 STARS

I've given a thought about how many stars I'll give to this book, and YEP! 5 stars it is :)

Summer romance, Family, Friendship, Lost..

It's all in this book.

So, here comes Lexy going to Lilac Bay and will spend her summer with her Grammy. Which, if not for her Gram, wouldn't really wanted to go there.
Then, on her way to her room over the window, saw this guy. Alec, gardening her Gram's plants meets Lexy.

And that's where it all began

Lexy, who thinks education is the
Aimee
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was in kind of a funk with all the young adult books that are out there right now so I started reading this not knowing if I really wanted too. it was sooo good. Alex and Lexy end up falling for each other th summer she went to visit her Grammy. Alex is the player and always has the girl. Lexy wanted nothing to do with him (shocker) That summer Lexy found herself, true love, and true friendship!!! her Grammy arranged the summer for her to watch Lexy become an adult and find true happiness. her ...more
Carey Heywood
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this novel by the author.
Set across the pond from us Yanks this novel follows a summer Lexy spends staying with her family in her grandmothers cottage. Prior to reading this novel I was unaware there was surfing in England. Now that I know this exists I'm tempted to book a flight! Alec is the local Romeo who is smitten with Lexy. Lexy,, while acknowledging his blatant swoon worthiness has no interest in a summer fling, especially in the sticks. I appreciated how their relat
Jen Warren
Jun 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Teenagers aren't stupid. They read as many "adult" novels as those specifically for children. They are old enough to grasp subtext. They don't need their hands held.

So why do so many young/new adult writers think they have to dumb it down for their target audience?

Never Forget is an unoriginal story with an obnoxious protagonist and a painful lack of substance. The writing is both simple and flawed. Formatting and punctuation errors distract from what could have been an almost passable book. As
bookrockbetty
Jul 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
I just couldn't get into this book.... first of all... in the first few pages the characters notice each other's eye colors..... through a window where they were clearly too far away from each other to be able to see such detail. He was working in the backyard in a garden, she was looking out a bedroom window. Ummm whaaat?? They barely know each other-- I wasn't feeling any chemistry-- and suddenly he wants her to be his "FOREVER GIRL". Alright, I won't keep going on, but I could not continue. N ...more
Helen
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book. I will post a more detailed review after it's released, but for now let me say that Never Forget is a wonderful, contemporary story about first love and self-discovery. Excellent characters, witty dialogue, and the chemistry between the two MCs was off the charts.
Mitchii
It was a nice book. I think the conflict at the end was contrived and only serves as, well, conflict to their relationship. Overall I liked it.
Angmdc
Jul 09, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 good fluffy book, maybe better for a younger reader... Dragged a bit
Amy
Mar 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-like
Juvenile, poorly written. This was not my cup of tea. The characters were cardboardish...just not very believable.
Tiffany
Very sweet quick/fast read
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity, #2)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • Lost (Lost & Found, #1)
  • Moving Forward (Timing is Everything, #1)
  • Your Favorite Girl (YFG, #1)
  • Blackbird (Sometimes Never, #1.5)
  • Broken Promises (Broken, #1)
  • Be Here Now
  • A Beautiful Struggle (Beautiful, #1)
  • Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • Falling into You (Falling into You, #1)
  • Heartless
  • When You Come To Me
  • A Moment (Moments, #1)
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
  • Can't Let Go
  • Broken at Love (Whitman University, #1)
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut
More about Emma Hart...

Memories (3 books)
  • Holding On (Memories, #1.5)
  • Always Remember (Memories, #2)
“You have to learn that you might not end up where you wanted to be but you'll always end up where you're meant to be.” 31 likes
“Sometimes in life you meet one person that changes the way you think, alters your perception of life and nothing else matters apart from them.” 9 likes