Start by marking “Deadly Kisses (Deadly Darkness Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Kisses (Deadly Darkness Trilogy #1)

Deadly Kisses

(Deadly Darkness Trilogy #1)

Aiden Grant has a killer kiss. Literally. And it’s not every reaper who gets to work with the Sixteenth President. Sure, Honest Abe likes to throw out history lessons with reaping assignments, but when you’re favored by the ancients, grim reaper life is pretty sweet for a newly dead seventeen-year-old.

Then things get messy.

Aiden is assigned to reap the soul of Bee, the
Published March 5th 2013 by WiDo Publishing (first published February 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Kisses

Start your review of Deadly Kisses (Deadly Darkness Trilogy #1)
Melanie
This copy was given to me for review/ blog tour purposes, the tour stops by at my blog YA Midnight Reads on April 3rd 2013! Get ready for giveaways, reviews and much more!
Told in the point of view of the male lead character, Aiden Grant, Cuevas takes readers into a world of gruesome Grim Reapers and what really becomes of someone's afterlife. Deadly Kisses promises a beautifully written story with action, cute romance and some unthinkable sacrifices.

The creation of this review required much
Purr More
3.5 stars - Dying with regrets and not being able to let go of them is how someone becomes a grim reaper. At seventeen, Aiden became a grim reaper because he was full of regret and guilt for the accident that caused his death and that of his best friend, Sabrina, who is also Bee’s cousin. He was content enough to go on with his afterlife as a grim reaper (or rather a Reaperling in training) until he was “tested” with an assignment to reap the girl he loved in life, albeit an unrequited love. The ...more
Kandice Dover
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Big thanks to Kerri Cuevas for the book. :)

Aiden Grant is a grim reaper. He welcomes the newly dead folks and he's damn good at what he does. But when his boss, Abraham Lincoln, gives him his next assignment, Aiden gets stuck fighting his emotions. His assignment: the only girl he's ever loved. Bee. After his kiss of death goes wrong he's stuck fighting to find a way to unravel their intertwined souls.

This book was amazing. I really didn't know what to expect with this. I honestly don't know
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Kisses was a great story. I just love paranormal stories with grim reapers. I have only read two other grim reaper stories and I loved them. This one took me by surprise with the twists and turns in it. Kerri can write a story like no one's business and how she unfolded the story had me at the edge of my seat.

Aiden Grant has a killer kiss. Yes you read right Aiden can kill anyone with his kiss. See he is a grim reaper and he reaps souls. He is dead as dead can get and he loves his job.
Farrah
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

A sweet YA romance. Deadly Kisses was a great read that was a mix of cute romance and thrilling magic.

I liked the characters in this book. However, I had one issue with them. I got frustrated with them occasionally because their actions didn't feel realistic. And they felt flat, not like dynamic people.
Nonetheless, I still liked them, though I wish the character development had been deeper.

Aiden was a great hero. He
Jadie Jones
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Summary: Aiden Grant is your typical teenage guy: loves music, not a big fan of taking orders, and has a crush he has no plans of discussing. There’s just one problem: Aiden’s dead. Not glittery, vampire undead, but dead-dead, a decaying reaper of souls, black cloak, scythe, and gondola to boot. The life he left and the eternity he’s fated with collide as his boss, none other than past-president Abraham Lincoln, tests Aiden by ordering him to take the soul of Bee, his aforementioned secret ...more
Delia Remington
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a paranormal YA book, Deadly Kisses was refreshing, full of surprises, poignant, and at times laugh-out-loud funny. Kerri Cuevas has created strong and fascinating characters, and her narrative style is captivating. As I read,I was reminded of the television show, Dead Like Me, but the attention to detail and deep understanding of human nature made this novel much more engaging. This book has the right balance of love story and action, making it a killer combination.

I give this book five
Michael Coppola
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!! Not my usual genre but I am already looking forward the the sequel!
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
As I start writing this review, I suddenly had this funny thought:
There is already a book where the protagonist has a lethal touch and it’s one of those best-selling stories and now I get to read another story where the protagonist has another lethal power – a lethal kiss.
What’s next? Lethal hug? Lethal pinch? Lethal sneeze? Lethal belch or stuff like that? : D Just trying to lighten the mood a little. Now on to the review…

Regrets are expected for us humans.
We regret a thing that we have done
 CCAM&GZM
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

“I believe we have a date with death”

For book like this one I will love and I always read Young Adult genre.
Deadly Kisses entwines in a beautiful and harmonious way the innocence, love, family love, despair, resignation, hope and power to take hard decisions.
Since the beginning I liked Aiden for how he communicates with those he must reap. He’s funny and yet he uses a warm and empathic tone. I was also very curious to know how he looks. You receive apparently contradictory bits of information
Lori Palle
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Funny how a dead person wanted to be alive, but when I was alive I felt half-dead.”–-Aiden Grant

Life–-er, after-life-–is good for Aiden Grant (aka Ad); as a grim reaper, he gets to walk the earth and help souls reach their final destination. That’s right, Aiden is an actual grim reaper, the kind that you envision when you think nightmares–-a hooded and skeletal creature who ferries souls in his gondola over a river filled with living skeletons reaching up from their watery prison. Oh, did I
Bekka
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Small press and self-published books are not usually books I work with. There has been a lot of drama in the blogging community with small press/self-pubbed authors, and I try to avoid it. But I couldn’t pass up on Deadly Kisses after reading the synopsis. Poor President Lincoln has been used and abused a LOT in recent titles, but in this instance it was a lot of fun without being disrespectful. I was also a big fan of the overall quirkiness of the plot and world Cuevas built, so as soon as the ...more
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

I wanted to read this because I liked the premise. It sounded a) seriously cool and b) seriously swoon-worthy. So I jumped into this book ready to SWOON. I expected it to be fun and funny and I'd be a happy camper. And now that I've read it, I admit that I am definitely a happy camper. This was a fun book to read. BUT it didn't live up to alllll of my expectations. Darn well close, though.

First of all, I LOVELOVELOVE the Abe Lincoln thing. I kid you not, good ole Honest
Adriana
Apr 30, 2013 rated it liked it
She's Got Books on Her Mind

Aiden Grant is dead. But, he still walks the earth. He's able to walk the earth still because when he died he held on to his regret which made him a grim reaper. He brags that he's a pretty good one too. Then he gets his next assignment from his "mentor" Abraham Lincoln, and it's Bee. Bee, the girl he once looked at with eyes full of love. Now he has to take her soul. He's resolved to do his job but when he tries to take her soul away she flat out surprises him by
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review.

This is one of those books that starts pretty good, but then halfway through i just lost interest. Also i think the cover doesn't really fit the story. I just think I expected something different and while I was pleasantl surprised by the beginning it just fell flat for me around halfway through.

The story starts off immediately capturing my attention. There were some original twists to the whole reaper idea, like the fact that some reapers
Christyn (The Book Cafe)
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full Review on The Book Cafe

This is a really cute take on a subject that is either hit or miss. Grim Reapers. It can be too overdone, or too dark and just not interesting. I have to say Ms. Cuevas did it right. She had the perfect combination of light and dark. And for a YA Paranormal it hit the mark perfectly!
Aiden is a 17 year old newly dead (2 years) grim reaper. He is good at what he does making the kiss of death and the transition to the Golden Gates painless. He's still a relative newbie
Annie
I definitely love reaper books. They have a certain appeal to them, and, combined with a male POV, Deadly Kisses was such a cute book!

Aiden is a reaper for Abe Lincoln. No seriously. That Abe. After dying 2 years ago, he was granted the kiss of death, and he’s pretty darn good at it. That is, until he receives an assignment to kill his childhood love, Bee. Bee is the only girl he’s ever loved, and he’s the only girl he’d give up his existence for. Turns out that this assignment is much harder
Michelle  novelsontherun
BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 4TH APRIL 2013:

Gondolas , Grim Reapers and Abe Lincoln, yes that is right , Abraham Lincoln the 16th President, Aiden, Bee ( as in the insect ) and of course some Ancient villains make up some of the character’s in Kerri’s tale.

Seventeen year old Grim Reaper Aiden Grant, guitar player, is bonded through death to one of the biggest names in American History, Abe Lincoln aka Top Hat.

Aiden gets a text message from his boss that will change his ..errrr....undead life.

Bee
Novels On The Run
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 4TH APRIL 2013:

Bee
Oana D. H.
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating:3.5/5.

When Aiden Grant is asked to reap the soul of the girl he loves he doesn't refuse.Between killing her and remain a Grim Reaper or ascend in Heaven ,Aidan ends up doing exactly the one things he didn't expect.

Reading about Grim reapers and how everything works for them isn't exactly something surprising..Maybe i'm not used to this kind of book.Yes,i read before about this subject..Once or twice..It really doesn't matter how many times,but i saw movies about Grim Reapers and that's
☆∞Literary Follies∞☆
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

“Deadly Kisses” appealed to me because it was a story told from not only a male POV, but from a Grim Reaper male POV. Aiden is an 17 year old teen boy who died tragically in a car wreck with his best gal friend Sabrina. Regrets from life kept Aiden here as a Grim Reaper & Sabrina went to Heaven. When I found out Abe Lincoln was Aiden’s “boss”, top hat and all, I was pretty jazzed. Abe adds comedic relief to the story and I couldn’t help but to love his personality. A little salty, grumpy,
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
** 3 1/2 Stars **

I'm a sucker for grim reaper stories so I was immediately drawn to Deadly Kisses. It's a unique perspective on reapers and was full of dark humor, both of which I enjoyed. I'm assuming Deadly Kisses is the first in a series and Ms. Cuevas did a fine job of setting it up and creating an interesting cast of characters. It did get off to a shaky start for me, but picked up steam eventually.

Aiden Grant, "Ad", is a grim reaper. He died at 19 and has several regrets about his life,
Michelle
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Deadly Kisses is a book about reapers. I still remember a time last year when I hadn't read a single reaper book at all. Now I have read a handful of them and I can honestly say that I like them but that there isn't too much variation between each of them. What I really liked about Deadly Kisses was that Kerri Cuevas actually didn't try to make reapers super attractive. This book is told from a guy's point of view, and she didn't make him traditionally good looking, which was really refreshing ...more
Aman
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Reviewed @ Enticed by Books

Deadly Kisses was my first Grim Reaper experience and I really liked it. Though I was a little confused in the beginning not knowing anything about the reapers but Kerri Cuevas did a great job explaining their roles without being overly descriptive. One of my concerns throughout the story was that it wasn't very addicting, there was nothing in it forcing me to finish the book right that second, and I just wanted to put it aside. I don't know why I felt
Laurie Treacy
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
(rating:3.5) Within a six-month long stretch I have read a handful of books featuring reapers. Most have made their versions humorous and light. Deadly Kisses is the second reaper book featuring a male chracter's pov which is always a welcomed change. Aiden Grant is a good guy with a strong voice. He reaps by kissing the person he is there to claim and sucks their soul out. Though some of the 'reaper-ology' was similar to that of other tales, author Kerri Cuevas added this 'deathly kiss' and ...more
Debbie Narh
You can’t escape death. Well, for long, anyway. Aiden Grant knows that better than most. And although I like him during the first half of the book, in the second half he turns into this complete love-sick puppy who kinds of whines a lot. I found myself skipping most of the romantic parts because of this reason. Kerri Cuevas could have toned the emotion and love Aiden feels for Bee down by a lot. But, not a bad read. A cool idea that is well developed and a dark read.

Deadly Kisses has a hard time
Cheree Smith
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ad is a grim reaper, and a darn good one if he doesn't say so himself, but when he's given a new soul to reap things begin to go crazy, and it's not just that she can see grim reapers, or the fact that the kiss of death causes both of their souls to intertwine, it's the fact that Bee is the only girl Ad has ever loved, both in life and in death. When the ancient grim reapers set their eyes on claiming Bee's soul for their own purposes, what will Ad do to protect the one he love?

Kerri Cuevas has
Ana
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Aiden died with regrets and now he’s a grim reaper. Bee has a few secrets of her own but she’s alive and well…for now anyway. Unfortunately, she’s Aiden’s next job. He’s got to prove himself as a reaper and that means reaping Bee’s soul. The problem? She’s the only girl he’s ever loved and he doesn’t know how he’ll be able to make himself take her life.

So, what does this mean for the reader? Well, it means you need to be prepared for some emotion. Aiden is torn between doing his job which,
BookHookup
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it

Angie
Deadly Kisses sure was something different! Male POV? Check. No insta-love? Check. No love triangle? Check. Dead president reapers? Check! The story follows Aiden, a relatively new Grim Reaper as he works on his most recent assignment. It’s his toughest reaping yet, since he happens to know the girl, Bee. Bee also happens to be able to see the Grim Reapers. Why? Aiden and his boss have no idea. Then the reaping goes all wrong, getting their souls entangled in each other’s bodies. Now Aiden and ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Kerri Cuevas was born in Rhode Island, but now resides in New Hampshire, where the country air has sparked her imagination. She is the author of the Deadly Darkness Trilogy. When she’s not writing she’s enjoying hiking, fishing, canoeing, music, watching horror flicks, or doing crafts with her kids. You can visit her website at www.kerricuevasbooks.com

Deadly Darkness Trilogy (2 books)
  • Deadly Darkness (Deadly Darkness Trilogy #2)