Start by marking “The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters, #4)

Read Excerpt

The Last Hour

(Thompson Sisters #4)

Twenty-seven year old Carrie Thompson-Sherman has the life she always wanted: her PhD, a prestigious fellowship, and an amazing husband.

Her life begins to unravel as a jealous colleague puts her fellowship in jeopardy and a haunting secret Ray Sherman carried home from Afghanistan comes to light.

Hounded by a federal investigation and the ensuing media feeding frenzy, Car
Published April 19th 2013 by Cincinnatus Press (first published April 17th 2013)

Kirsty
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Warning: Grab some tissues, a bottle of vodka, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Charles has done it again with The Last Hour. It was incredible, moving, powerful, emotional, heart breaking. I don't know how he does it, but every novel of his that I have read he manages to pull all kinds of emotions out of me and really make me feel my read. I love every second of it.

For those of you that have read Just Remember to Breathe you will remember Carrie and Ray, we were introduced to them briefly and I for
Christy
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Heart wrenching stars!
 photo d4939423-795b-426e-aff5-e3531fe5fd23_zps4ef60b3b.jpg
In the movies, pivotal moments sometimes happen in slow motion; so you can appreciate every detail, wonder at the tragedy or awesomeness of the moment. Real life doesn’t happen like that at all: it happens all at once, your senses laid open bare, every single detail happening at once while your mind takes it all in, as if your skin and clothes had been ripped off.

I’m so afraid to review this book. To give away anything would take so much away from the experience of rea
Mo
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome… have read the others in the series but this one is way ahead of them – I seriously had no idea what was going to happen. With most books you sort of have an idea about what the ending is like. I decided not to read any reviews (Thanks Marta) and just dive straight in and read it. I don’t remember the other books being this emotional – I did give them 4 or 5 stars but this one deserves way more than that….

I won’t go into too much detail with my review as I think it is maybe
Beverly
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Heartbreakingly Beautiful Stars

I have cried in books, I have had my heart broken in books, but nothing compares to how this book shook me. Sheehan-Miles delivers a beautiful heartbreaking tale of love, protection, and sacrifice.

Carrie and Ray are on their way to the zoo with her twin sisters, when they are involved in a terrible accident. The accident leaves Sarah and Ray in critical condition. The story is told in hours and throughout the story we look back on how Ray and Carrie met and fell
Lelyana
FIVE AND MORE SPARKLING HEART BREAKING STARS

I know I was so lucky having Charles added me in a beta reader's short list,
my full review will be post after the book release.
and it was just shocked me after reading that he dedicated this book to me and the memory of David, thank you Charles

Charles warned me to prepare with tissue and something to throw to him? What the...???
THIS BOOK, AS I WAS SUSPECTED BEFORE, WAS HARD, DARK, A SOUL JOURNEY, LESSON OF LIFE

What I can tell you is you do really ne
M. ~ B&B
Because you believed in me, I did too. And it was amazing. I touched the sky, and you at the same time.

My emotions are all over the place right now. There are so many things this book made me feel, I don't know where to start. This book has evoked some deep feelings/thoughts/emotions and I hope I'm coherent enough to write them down.

I want to start by saying do not read any reviews if you haven't read the book yet (but if you must, this review contains no spoilers, so it's safe to continue
Andrea Randall
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing

"I'm waiting for you, soldier."

Those of you who have read "Just Remember to Breathe", by Charles Sheehan-Miles, will be thrilled to know that "The Last Hour" follows Carrie Thompson (Alex's older sister, and the second oldest Thompson sister) and Ray Sherman ("Weed", Dylan's best friend) who met amidst sparks while visiting Alex and Dylan. If you haven't read JRTB, don't worry, you'll get to fall in love with these two immediately in The Last Hour just like the rest of us :)

This book . . . I've
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Laura by: http://www.sheehanmiles.com/the-last-...
Shelves: favorites
I just have to say, Charles Sheehan-Miles is going to be a famous author. Really famous.

From the moment I read Just Remember To Breathe, I was intrigued by Carrie and Ray. When I heard that there was going to be a book about their story, to say I was excited would be a slight understatement.

Carrie and Ray are intense. From the moment they meet it is quite apparent that things will be to the nth degree...

From the moment the book begins your emotions are thrown for a heart stopping loop. There is
Kirsten P
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-2013
I’m going to start my review off with a warning: this book is going to take you on an emotional journey that you are not likely to forget anytime soon. You will need tissues… and lots of them. There might even be a need for some alcohol, or chocolate, or ice cream. Whatever it is that comforts you, make sure you have it nearby, because I can promise you, you’ll need it. I was fortunate enough to beta read this book in February and it is still with me EVERY DAY. I am not joking. This story is so ...more
Nicole
I’ve now had some time to detach myself emotionally from this story, because trust me – it’s a necessary requirement for the emotional turmoil I went through! I was honored to be a beta-reader for The Last Hour and couldn’t wait to get started on it. All throughout and especially once I finished, the one word that came to mind was simply BRILLIANT. Charles Sheehan-Miles has outdone himself with this one and I can only imagine if he will ever be able to top it!

The Last Hour continues with the sto
Funzee Shu
Actual Rate : 5+++++ Sparkling Stars !

description

A screech of tires to our left, the truck coming at the driver’s side. Ray shouted a curse, Sarah screamed, and then the force of the impact was louder than any sound.

Then…

White.

Formless images and thoughts, memories, drifted across a blank canvas.
My stomach twisted…
I wanted to scream. I could’t think. I could’t breathe…

“We’ll get through this. No matter what.”
“You’re gonna be all right…”

WARNING : Do not read this book if you don't want your heart broke int
Cristina Buzoianu

UPDATE 05/24/2013 originally posted on my blog, http://bibliophilemystery.blogspot.ro/

My thoughts: I was SO waiting for this book! Ever since I’ve read Just Remember to Breathe I wanted to get to know Ray and Carrie better. I loved them from the very beginning. I’ve also sensed some mystery about Ray’s time in Afganistan and I hoped to find out more about it in The Last Hour.

I somehow knew that this book would break my heart, I knew I’d cry a lot while reading it, although I don’t usually cry
Bren
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
There are books in your lifetime that change the way you view the world. There been books I hold so dear because of the emotions they evoke. Then their are those that I hold dear not only for the emotions but for the life changing lessons they teach me. Those books remain timeless in my heart, Fahrenheit 451, The Odyssey, Little Women, and now I am adding this book.

This book is priceless, timeless, and now forever epic in my heart. I can't say enough how many stars I wish I could give this book
Lisa
Oh my God. The amount of tears I shed for this book...
I'm a total wreck right now.

photo tumblr_lpcp7kh0QU1qcbrd9.gif

You know how you finish a great book and you just sit there, numb, while the world goes on without realizing that you have been slain by a goddamn book and all you want to do is scream "I just died. I JUST DIED!"?

photo tumblr_lmwpxgo2FE1qazxot.gif

Yeah that's what happened, except for screaming, I just curled up into a ball and bawled hard into my blanket. The Last Hour was intense. It was overwhelming. It invoked so many emotions in me: anger,
Rachel Schmidt
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

**THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS**

I absolutely loved Carrie and Ray together and after everything that they went through in this book, the fact that they didn't get their happy ending just really makes me so spittin mad!!!

The general idea of the book was great, although I don't really think the added stress and trauma of everything Carrie was accused of added anything of benefit to the story. In fact, because there was so much extra strife I was sure that there would b
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Have you ever read a book that shook your emotions and made you feel raw from the heartache of the story? I just finished reading The Last Hour by Charles Sheehan-Miles and I would have to say that it is a heartbreaking, beautiful love story that is going to stay with me for a long time. The love story that develops between Ray and Carrie was intense and strong for two people who just met but knew in their hearts that this other person was THE ONE for them. Ray and Carrie met when he was in town
Karen
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Last Hour 5 Stars***** I'm still not sure where I stand on this book. I commend the writing, it was gripping fast paced and well researched. There were times I had to put this book down because I was left feeling raw and sad. I recommend you read I won't give away any plot lines. I still thoroughly enjoyed this compelling and powerful story about a decision one man made and the ripple effect it had on others. This story inspires courage and wisdom in the decisions we make as well as the affe ...more
Shazza66
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If I could this would be getting 100*

Charles you are a cruel cruel man with magnificent writing skills, there must have been so much research done to complete this book.

I really don’t know where to start with this review and no matter what I write I could not do this book justice anyway.

I can honestly say that this has taken me a week to write I am grieving along with Carrie, I feel like I have been on the tallest, longest emotional rollercoaster of my life with no ending to it.

Myself and prob
Lourdes Santin
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To be honest with all of you I'm a little mad with Mr. Sheehan-Miles right now....

I just cry my fare share for the next year or so but this book was so worth it...

Carrie finally finds the man of her dreams and this effing war that we are currently living doesn't help in the slightest but she's strong and I believe is the most strong of all the Thompson sisters...

War so times is so useless and f**ck up so many people, our soldiers get home with PSTD all the time and we don't know for sure what th
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Wow, what a heart wrenching, emotional story.

In the third book of Charles Sheehan-Miles the Thompson sisters series we meet Ray and Carrie, who first appeared in Just Remember to Breathe. The book starts with a car crash and then flits between past and present as we hear of Ray and Carrie falling in love and the struggles they faced in their first months together. Ray, in the middle of an Army investigation and Carrie, caught up in a work scandal.

It's hard to go into detail without spoiling it
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
That's it!!! I'm reading spoilers from now on. This hurt... And it hurt a lot!!! Strangely there was no tears.

The third Thompson sister book and we meet Carrie and Ray. The story is very cleverly done flicking from present (where they was just involved in a car accident) to past (where they met and the troubles that came their way.)

I loved the dual POVs but maybe I was the only one but I found present day Ray POV very strange, as if I was reading a part-paranormal type book. He was a real sweeth
Anne OK
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
Having just finished this beautifully written story, I'm at a loss for words. There just aren't any. Just tears.

Full review to follow later when the complete and true beauty of Ray and Carrie's inspiring story fills my heart once again.
Andrea
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book has absolutely broken my heart. I haven't felt this devastated since well ever. I don't think I even broke down this hard when I read The Fault In Our Stars.

I'm currently sitting in the darkness of my dorm room while my roommate is sleeping, trying to contain my silent cry so it doesn't turn into a full on, loud sobfest. My tears just won't stop! I probably look ridiculous right now.

Warning: Make sure you have a box of tissues for this, because it will just rip your heart out and make
Saunders
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tear-jerker
Saturday nights in our house is a time for catching up, having a good meal, discussing what the week has brought us and inevitably I share with my husband what books I have read.

So when he asked me what I had just finished reading I gulped and began to articulate the words to describe the Last Hours by Charles Sheehan-Miles. He ended up sitting on the floor with me and a box of tissues whilst I tried to blubber my way through this story. He smiled and said "good book then".

A "good book then" doe
Elle Chardou
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe I spent all this time writing a beautiful review and it was deleted because I did not save it.

Carrie Thompson-Sherman and Ray Sherman are hopelessly in love with one another and in the blink of an eye, their lives are shattered beyond repair.

Carrie leaves the accident with barely a scratch and a secret of her own meanwhile Ray is left in an awful condition (along with Carrie's sister who is also badly injured in the accident) which could have direct links to a conspiracy and a w
Brenna
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read, feeeeels
The Last Hour FYI: You do not have to read the other Thompson Sisters books to read this - they are all stand alones :)This book is wonderfully written, incredibly heart wrenching, and tragically beautiful.I had the honor of beta reading this phenomenal book. I definitely HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book!!!!
Kara
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this story.
The writing is above & beyond.

I want to have a dinner party with CSM! I bet he has so many great stories in his head to share!
Cindy
10 +++++

description

Alone not means lonely
In relation not means together

Smile not always on happiness
Cry not always by sadness

Seeing sometimes not caring

What you behave

Either life
Neither love

- May 8th 2013)

ps : my grammar was sucks, appreciate if somebody teach me bout it :p

(view spoiler)
Teresa
This is the third book in the Thompson Sisters series by Charles Sheehan-Miles, who is a new to me author and I have devoured these three books this week. While I very much enjoyed the first two books, this third installment totally knocked my socks off. The Last Hour is the love story of soul mates Carrie Thompson and Ray Sherman and their story is a love that is so beautiful and devastating at the same time that I am still reeling. I must warn you that you will need a lot of tissues because th ...more
Michelle Pace
I was a fortunate beta reader of this stunning book. It tells the tale of another one of the Thompson sisters (I am a die hard fan of A Song For Julia), and I couldn't wait to see what was next for the Thompson clan. This book takes place ten years later and the author took a wildly different direction with this book. I was immediately drawn into the story and enthralled at the detail and research that went into crafting it! I am an anti spoiler reviewer, so I hesitate to say too much, but I wan ...more
The Last Hour 3 78 Dec 27, 2013 03:16AM
Buddy Read Zone: The Last Hour 5/17 152 77 May 21, 2013 05:58PM
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Hoodie
  • Forever (Sempre, #2.5)
  • Nocturne
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • The Perpetual Quest for the Perfect Life
  • My Butterfly (Butterfly Weeds, #2)
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Running Barefoot
  • A Happy Accident
  • The Final Piece
  • Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • The Good Life (The Good Life #1)
  • Basara, Vol. 15
  • Infinite Dolls
  • In the Fields
  • Everything Changes
Charles Sheehan-Miles has been a soldier, computer programmer, short-order cook and non-profit executive, and is the author of several fiction and non-fiction books, including the indie bestsellers Just Remember to Breathe and Republic: A Novel of America's Future. Charles and his wife Andrea Randall live and write together in South Hadley, Massachusetts.

Find out more at http://www.sheehanmiles.co

Thompson Sisters (7 books)
  • A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters, #1)
  • A View from Forever (Thompson Sisters, #2)
  • Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters, #3)
  • Girl of Lies (Rachel's Peril, #1; Thompson Sisters, #5)
  • Girl of Rage (Rachel's Peril, #2; Thompson Sisters, #6)
  • Girl of Vengeance (Rachel's Peril, #3; Thompson Sisters, #7)
“that feeling that I could touch the sky? That’s exactly how you make me feel.” (Ray)” 34 likes
“Sometimes you have to make choices, and they're imperfect, but they're the only choices you can make and live with yourself.” 19 likes