Start by marking “Secret of the Souls (Pool of Souls #2)” as Want to Read:
Secret of the Souls (Pool of Souls #2)

Secret of the Souls

(Pool of Souls #2)

Thrust out of their homes by a human High Priest on a vengeful mission, the Natives of Derlund no longer have a place to call their own. One escaped capture, however, and now she, Hyla, is the only one who can save her people.

For, Hyla, though, saving her nation isn’t her ultimate goal—returning to the Pool of Souls is. Becoming its Guardian and preserving their faith is h
Paperback
Published October 6th 2014 by J. Taylor Publishing (first published October 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Secret of the Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret of the Souls

Start your review of Secret of the Souls (Pool of Souls #2)
Rachel V.
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Fantasy stories are a harder genre for some people to read. Many have trouble keeping characters straight or events while others just don’t like the fantastical things that can happen in fantasy novels. Terri Rochenski writes wonderful novels that are not only easy to follow but keep you interested till the last page. I completely enjoyed this two part story and hope to read more of this author’s books in the future.

I am sad to see this story end but it was a good ending. There was many twists a
J.A. Belfield
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Silly author made me sniffle at the ending again.

Think predictions and fate and destiny and emotional/physical/spiritual journeys, or self-sacrifice and self-discovery and friendships, or love and hate and acceptance, and beliefs that can drive your heart and your soul to their actions or your mind to its choices ... and (I think that covers it) you pretty much have Secret of the Souls.

Usually, I shy away like a big baby from fantasy, but Ms Rochenski's books flow so easily and her characters ar
Chrys Fey
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I didn’t read book one, Eye of the Soul (I know, shame on me!), but despite that I was still able to get into the story and the characters in "Secret of the Souls."

Hyla, a Seer, can see people’s Auras and I liked the extra insight her power added to the story. Knowing the color of everyone’s Auras, indicating how they felt, was interesting, and how their Auras changed from moment to moment added a neat element to the scenes. Hyla is a great character. I felt for her and her situation with being
Lovey Dovey Books
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Originally posted on Lovey Dovey Books

The second novel in the Pool of Souls duology by Terri Rochenski was not the exciting end I was expecting, but I was definitely wrong about not anticipating any surprises along the way.

In Secret of the Souls, Hyla has agreed to return to Grosmont with Jadon. She wants to save him from being hanged for abandoning his post and the only way is for her to help the king in the coming war. Loyalties are tested and the Natives striving to find freedom from their op
Sharon Hughson
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters, setting and magic system intrigued me. Unfortunately, there were a few non-negotiables that didn't get met, so this book earned 4.4 out of five stars from me.
The pacing was great. Secrets revealed just when you were about to scream from not knowing.
However, a few events seemed too convenient to be believable (but I'm a hard sell, so take this with a grain of salt.)
Also, I felt like the author wrapped everything up in a bow too quickly at the end. I wanted a little more time to d
Roane Publishing
May 07, 2014
Shay
May 15, 2014
Terri Rochenski
Aug 06, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Frederick Rotzien
Sue
Katelin
Hexe
J
Aug 06, 2014
Terri started writing stories in the 8th grade, when a little gnome whispered in her brain. Gundi’s Great Adventure never hit the best seller list, but it started a long love affair with storytelling.

Today she enjoys an escape to Middle Earth during the rare ‘me’ moments her three young children allow. When not playing toys, picking them back up, or kissing boo-boos, she can be found sprawled on t

Pool of Souls (2 books)
  • Eye of the Soul (Pool of Souls #1)