Start by marking “Eye of the Soul (Pool of Souls #1)” as Want to Read:
Eye of the Soul (Pool of Souls #1)

Eye of the Soul

(Pool of Souls #1)

Escape.

That should be Hyla’s first thought as her people are chained and imprisoned for no imaginable reason.

Instead, Hyla finds herself traveling through a land void of Natives, with human soldiers pillaging in desperate pursuit of her, and in search of the mystical Pool of Souls—home to the one man who can save her people.

Or so she believes.

Led by her faith in the deit
Published October 7th 2013 by J. Taylor Publishing (first published September 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Eye of the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye of the Soul

Start your review of Eye of the Soul (Pool of Souls #1)
Rachel V.
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I really loved reading this story. It is a Fantasy but I believe it is going to be a romance also but not so much in this book. This one is mainly just a fantasy story. I enjoyed reading this book to get away. I am not having a very good week right now and I really appreciated how this book was able to sweep me away on Hyla’s adventure.

I liked how the author wrote the characters. You are able to get a clear picture of them in your mind not only by their descriptions but also in their actions. Ja
Danielle Shipley
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a pleasant read. Not saying there was anything pleasant about the mistreatment of the Natives at the hands and mystifying power of the cruel High Priest, mind you. But I mean, I did get through the whole book in one day, so that ought to tell you something.

Speaking of High Priest Belwig, he was a good bad guy – properly ruthless and creepy, with a plausible motivation behind his horrendous acts.

Meanwhile, on the side of right, I enjoyed the friendship between Jadon and Conlin, as well a
J.A. Belfield
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I’m not a fan of *most* fantasy books, so I headed into Terri Rochenski’s Eye of the Soul with some reservation and a slight hesitation. To begin, I kind of thought my reservations might be justified, but the more I read on, the more I changed my mind.
In this first book in Rochenski’s Pool of Souls trilogy, we are taken on Hyla’s journey. Hyla is part of a race of people, ones with abilities that set them apart to others, and as the only one of her village to escape capture by the more
Danielle Smiley
Know those books that you just keep on thinking about long after you finish them? The ones you had become so engrossed in, you ponder what will happen with the characters much like you would wonder how a troubled friend is doing? Yup, EYE OF THE SOUL is so one of those books.

What an incredible world Terri Rochenshi builds in EYE OF THE SOUL! She balances guiding her reader through discovering this world, introducing amazing characters and thrilling with griping action perfectly right from the st
Sharon Hughson
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story gets a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars from me.
Hyla, a nineteen-year-old orphan, is away collecting roots and herbs for the healers when the attack comes. Right away, we see she is fearful, which makes the reader wonder why. That back story is sprinkled in at all the right moments.
Through a number of narrators, the story unfolds. A High Priest with a vendetta against the deity of the Natives emerges as the villain. We want to hate him; his despicable misuse of power and authority begs it. Y
Rebecca Hart
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
4.5 Stars for this wonderful fantasy series debut!

I have to premise this review with a short statement of truth.

I've known the author for a few years, and have seen this story grow and flourish over the course of that time. I am baised in my joy for Terri in getting this tale published, and for all of you for getting the opportunity to enjoy it. That being wholeheartedly admitted to, here is my review.

I'm an epic fantasy geek, and this story really appealed to this part of my nature. While readi
Suzi Macdonald
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eye of the Soul is an easy to read fantasy with an endearing and sympathetic main character in Hyla, who has first to deal with the capture and mistreatment of her people, and then set out on a difficult journey to the pool of souls to save them before the evil protagonist gets there first.

I enjoyed the story, which is told from other points of view as well as Hyla's, allowing the reader to understand the motivations of both the good and the bad characters, and added depth.

Terri Rochenski has
Lovey Dovey Books
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Originally posted on Lovey Dovey Books

The first in a republished duology, Pool of Souls, is light fantasy for readers new to the genre or looking for a quick jaunt in a mystical world. Eye of the Soul follows a young girl on a journey that turns her whole world upside down.

In Terri Rochenski's Eye of the Soul, young Hyla is quested with saving her people. The 'Natives', green eyed with pointy ears, are taken captive by high priest Belwig who has declared their god Fadir is false. In the aftermat
Sheryl Winters
Dec 02, 2016
T.E.
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable and evocative

An enjoyable fantasy with well crafted and likable characters,a healthy dose of humour, and written in an evocative and beautiful style.
Shelley
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Mar 21, 2013
Ahmad Saeed
Mar 26, 2013
Fantasy Book Club: Eye of the Soul Cover & Blurb Reveal! 1 13 Mar 18, 2013 03:43AM
Terri started writing stories in the 8th grade, when a little gnome whispered in her brain. Gundi’s Great Adventure never hit the best seller list, but it started a long love affair with storytelling.

Today she enjoys an escape to Middle Earth during the rare ‘me’ moments her three young children allow. When not playing toys, picking them back up, or kissing boo-boos, she can be found sprawled on t

Pool of Souls (2 books)
  • Secret of the Souls (Pool of Souls #2)