Start by marking “Courage of the Soul: Inspiring Stories of Overcoming Life's Everyday Challenges (The Wise Woman Collection)” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
*** BOOK IS OUT OF PRINT ***
Published February 1st 2013 by Wise Owl Publishing, Inc. (first published January 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Courage of the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courage of the Soul

Little Book Club
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Our Book Club loved this book.

Courage of the Soul was not on our list of monthly selections. Instead, one of our members ran across it and bought it as a gift for each of us. At our last get-together, we each chose a "courage" story to read that we felt applied (in some way) to our life or that of someone we knew. There were a lot of tears in the room. Each of our members saw themselves, to one extent or another, in at least one of the situations. We liked the fact that the stories were written
Mandy
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As the author says, “It takes a tremendous amount of courage to live a human life.”

During these troubling times, it is helpful when others share a personal experience of meeting a challenge, and they let us know how they overcame it. There is something universal about the struggles that human beings encounter, and knowing that someone else is going through a similar, if not the same, experience can be comforting.

The stories in Wise Woman Collection – Courage of the Soul are relatable, since they
George Angus
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From my Amazon review:

They say that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. In much the same way, sometimes a book unexpectedly enters your life and gives you what you need, even if you didn't realize you needed it.

So this Sunday afternoon, such a book enters my world.

I don't often read these "Chicken Soup" kinds of books. Partly because they can be syrupy and hard hitting with their message. Courage of the Soul delivers without the syrup. This eclectic set of stories made for a grea
McGuffy Morris
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing collection of true life stories. These are life changing events encountered and overcome by ordinary people. Each story shows the perseverance and courage the human spirit is capable of when under pressure.

As we all do, these people had to deal with personal goals, health, immigration, relationships and all of the things of which life is made. Yet they dug deep into their souls to rise above their challenges.

Life experiences make us who we are, and show us who we can be. Not o
Angie Ring
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Courage of Soul is one of those books you carry around with you. Reading these stories of other human experiences gives the reader as myself a level of comfort and knowing I am not alone in this world. It brought compassion to my heart even more with the people I come in contact with me. I love having it with me at work so when I need a break or an event didnt turn out as I planned I pull this book out of my purse and I read a story about someone else. It brings my level of energy up and it brin ...more
Brian
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm currently going through a tough life-changing experience. So many unknowns feed my anxiety and at times I feel so alone. This book, given to me as a gift, has been an inspiration. Although the stories are not my own, it has given me comfort to know there is always a brighter tomorrow to look forward to. I now keep this book by my bedside and read it when I'm feeling anxious or fearful. Thank you to the courageous souls who shared their stories.
Cynthia
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Courage of the Soul, Marion Elizabeth Witte and Melissa J. Murphy share their own and other people's true stories, each written by the person who experienced the events that he or she is narrating. The stories are moving and inspiring, and the direct, straightforward style with which they are written makes you feel as if the person who is telling the story is speaking to you.

The stories are divided into categories: Hope and Inspiriation, Courage and Bravery, Goals and Ambition, Relationships
Dayna
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books!! I have passed it on to my mother and she is currently reading it and can not put it down. All of the stories are relateable and at times you feel like crying. Would defineatly recommend to anyone that has some struggles in life.
Tima
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The two "authors" asked people that they knew to tell true stories of courage from their personal experience. So each story is told by a person who exhibits, or knows someone who exhibits, courage in some form. As with most multiple author books, there are some amazing and inspiring stories, and a few that left me wondering why they had been included.

As a whole, the book is heartwarming and inspiring. It can be read all at once, or each story individually. If I was going to pick anything apart,
Yolanda
May 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I expected more

I thought the stories would be longer and more spiritually based. The stories read like a journal excerpt. The book did not hold my interest.
Lori Swanson
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read the two most recent works of this author, and I love them. They are a departure from her first work, Little Madhouse on the Prairie, yet they continue the theme of hope and inspiration.
Bibi
Patti Strickland
Jun 15, 2013
Christy
Anita
rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2013
Melissa Dials
Renee Booker
Tina
Jun 19, 2013
  • Mercy in the City: How to Feed the Hungry, Give Drink to the Thirsty, Visit the Imprisoned, and Keep Your Day Job
  • What's Your Financial Game Plan? (Brad & Adam, #1)
  • Get Your Hopes Up!: Expect Something Good to Happen to You Every Day
  • Win Competitions Online ( The Sky's The Limit, #2 )
  • Need to Breathe
  • Trust Your Gut: Heal from IBS and Other Chronic Stomach Problems Without Drugs
  • A Forgotten Man (The Life of Julia #1)
  • American Crow (The Missing Series)
  • S'wanee
  • Forgiveness: Finding Peace Through Letting Go
  • Debut for a Spy
  • Paying for It (Gus Dury, #1)
  • In Search of Africa
  • Lady Justice and the Vet
  • The Forest at the Edge of the World (Forest at the Edge, #1)
  • Trailer on the Fly (The Time Travel Trailer Book 2)
  • Stalking Jack: The Hunt Begins (Madeline Donovan #1)
  • Walking on Water
Marion Witte is an author, public speaker, and Certified Public Accountant, with a life-long career of managing and owning business ventures.

She founded and manages the Angel Heart Foundation, a non-profit organization devoted to supporting positive parenting and youth empowerment. She is the Editor in Chief of the Next Generation Parenting and Brave New Leaders websites. Ms. Witte’s memoir - Lit